I see a lot of people asking about their post count these days. It has fallen, once again, and I figured an explanation is in order.

This time the lost post count is most likely due to the beta forums being taken away from the server. I forgot thet thay have post count, and ran a post count update after deleting some old forum (the temporary patch forums) from 14.2 and such. This of course re-counted the posts for everybody, and those who had hundreds of posts on the beta forums lost these.

I'm sorry about that. The beta forums really shouldn't have had post count in the first place, I guess, as they would be removed sooner or later.

On a more general note about post count falling a little bit now and then, this is due to threads and posts being moved to forums where post simply don't count. An example:

If you make a post in Game Mechanics, the post adds to your count. If the thread is later moved to Reet Retreat, a market forum, or removed (i.e. moved to a closed moderator forum), you will lose that post count, but not right away. We run database updates now and then, and that's when you'll lose post count from those moved threads. This rarely affects anybody's post count with more than 5 posts, but sometimes it can be a bit more, especially if a long thread has been (re)moved.

I hope that answers most of the questions people have about post count loss. If there's something else you wonder about regarding this, please send me a private message or e-mail, and I'll answer to the best of my ability.