Thread: What is the best Breed/Profession combination?

What is the best Breed/Profession combination?

What is the best Breed/Profession combination?

Enforcer -> Atrox

Everything else -> Solitus

Megabio
    Originally posted by Lucid Flow
    Enforcer -> Atrox

Everything else -> Solitus
    Not *entirely* accurate.

Some classes do need to be nanomage. One of those, strangely enough, is the engy... if you are not nanomage, it is impossible to self cast a QL 200 slayer unless past level 190.. Sure, you can go and get masteries or infuses, but still, sacrificing a few hundred HPs for self casting slayer is probably worth it.. and even then, it's nearly impossible to before level 190.. and I think that this needs to be looked in to.
    ~Chris

Originally posted by Megabio

Not *entirely* accurate.

Some classes do need to be nanomage. One of those, strangely enough, is the engy... if you are not nanomage, it is impossible to self cast a QL 200 slayer unless past level 190.. Sure, you can go and get masteries or infuses, but still, sacrificing a few hundred HPs for self casting slayer is probably worth it.. and even then, it's nearly impossible to before level 190.. and I think that this needs to be looked in to.
    ~Chris
    Just to make sure its NO advantage at all being a nano mage???
    NT phone HOME!!

Not *entirely* accurate.

~Chris
    Also goes for the Crat. It seems like you could also include worse AC and weapon skills with your HP disadvantage. This seems like it would all add up to high likelyhood of dead engie at lower levels.

I don't think nanomage has enough advantages to compensate for it's disadvantages.
    The Cubicle - All the Bureaucrat news you can bear to hear

Isrady Enforcer
    Cambist Crat
    Undoing Doctor

SHADOWQUEST-

If all you do is tank, Atrox.
    If you don't have pets to tank for you, when you have to, Solitus/Opi.
    If you have pets that tank for you, Nanomage.

Then again, it depends on your style, so even if there is the best combo, it might not work for you.

Atrox.

No, seriously

215/15 | Lagerlad Atrox Adventurer | eqp | Mostly indestructible
    214/13 | Xpie Atrox Meta-physicist | eqp | Supernova!
    Member of Ragnarok

Originally posted by Garzu

Just to make sure its NO advantage at all being a nano mage???
    engie wasn't meant to be a nanomage class though. He;s not talking about nerfing nanomages he wants the requirements of engie bots looked at so that engies can eventually self cast their top bots. MPs can do it around lvl 130 while engie have to wait til level 190+. seems slightly unfair but oh well.
    Member of the "I tried SWG and I am still kicking myself for it" club

solitus everyting.
    Level 132 Nano-Techniction <---- Retired till NT fix
    Level 72. Engineer <---- why is my pet running the wrong way?
    Level 69. Agent <---- Retired sence Concealment Nerf.
    Level 58. Adventure <---- TONS of lost ip.
    Level 41. Meta.<--- Mp's are too uber.
    Level 30. Enforcer <---- press "Q" and watch tv.
    Level 29. Doc <---- Can't..... Find.... Group.....

Quote of the week "When people complain equally about all of the classes, then the game is balanced."

Originally posted by Lozer
    solitus everyting.
    Sad but true.

After trying all breeds, I rerolled all my main characters as solitus.
    I only play the others for challenge (like nanomage soldier ).

Not *entirely* accurate.

~Chris
    Same case for a crat. Nanomage crat tends to deal a lot more damage than a solitus crat.
    If you are teamed most of the times, I really doubt pet masters would do much tanking. The extra 1000 HP really doesnt matter when it comes to 7000 solitus hp vs 6000 nanomage hp at higher level in teaming.

But Soltius get the looks

Angry actually, i would pay this no mind

because on the profession forums people are already hotly debating wether or not they are able to self buff into the highest ql nanos (or in the case of a fixer the highest ql mcs) without enlisting the buffs of another profession (read meta and or trader).

bad.

VERY bad.

all it does is encourage envy against the 2 professions seen as the most über (or as their player base calls it "balanced" ).

why on earth should a level 200 character NOT be able to equip the highest available items, be they nano, armor or weapons alone?

not counting gms he is one of the elite, the coolest there is in game. for whom where the "profession based items" designed anyway?

before you say teamplay let me ask you why there exist totally self reliant classes then?
    coincidentally these self reliant classes have to buff the other classes as well - ummm, hello?

ah well.

IMO nanomage is best MP breed, the breed items are great for a MP until they are lvl 190+.

Can use much lower nano buffs (masteries, teachings), so get alot more ncus for other buffs..
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

For an engineer Nanomage is THE best breed imo. You get that nifty +32 int bonus and the +20 int/nano skill vest. Those 2 thing make a HUGE difference in higher lvls. As for lower health, if you play your engineer correctly, you ALWAYS have time to use treatment kits between battle, so health is pretty much irrelevant. If they lower pet requiremenets (won't ever happen) I'd be kinda pissed.