Thread: Neutral Guards for a Neutral City

Independent Reporters of Rubi-Ka Editor: IRRK's Avatar

Post Neutral Guards for a Neutral City

Neutral Guards for a Neutral City
    Reporter Athol

The controversy over faction oriented guards in Newland City continues as many neutral citizens of Rubi-Ka unite to discuss the Newland Guard Initiative (NGI) and the impact it will have on the future of Rubi-Ka.

In a meeting last night outside of the club Neuters R Us, neutral citizens gathered together to discuss this very issue. Many elite citizens of the neutral community were in attendance at this meeting. Pyromanche chaired this gathering and was seeking support for the Newland Guard Initiative (NGI). She explained to everyone there that they would have a chance to voice their opinion either pro or con. She stated the purpose behind NGI, and then opened the floor to discussion.

Jereziah explained that Ms Warr and the mercenaries were brought to town in the past to protect Newland from Clan sentinels. Nyadach mentioned that the thugs where there to protect neutral citizens and property, and that the mercenaries were not doing their job properly. He also added, “ that if a neutral was being shot the thugs did nothing to protect him.”

Nyadach stated quite plainly that the thugs were Omni aligned. Most players voiced their support for the NGI, but some wanted certain concessions, and many wanted to know where to lay the blame if their future plans failed. Dreamskape suggested that everyone who voted for NGL should take the blame, but that they could personally blame him if they needed to.

President Aazamon of the Nanomage Liberation Front (NLF) had a quieting effect on the meeting as he spoke. He stated that the neutral citizens were stronger now than when the mercenaries were brought in, and that they had ways to make the new guards stronger and more beneficial to the neutral community. He also added that he didn’t care if citizens were neutral, backed by Clan or Omni, but Newland City was a city that should be run and guarded by neutrals. When he finished speaking, he received a tremendous round of applause as he quietly returned to his seat.

Pyromanche closed the meeting with a positive note by thanking everyone for attending. It appears that all present want the NGI to succeed. Auntbeast, a well-known citizen, said ominously “only time will tell”.
    Last edited by Editor: IRRK; Oct 18th, 2003 at 18:49:37.

Thursdays Newland Guard Meeting

Greetings all, long time no rant ok, maybe a few days but it has been a long time since I last took out my notepad and publicly reported on the news But I’m doing this as, well…well I was there so why not hehe. And hi there Athol, hope I ain't steping on ya toes, but thought I might add a article of the same type, but a slightly different angle

A meeting to bring together Neutral leaders so they can discuss the NGI (Newland Guard Initiative) was brought to meeting by Pyromanche, the elected voice to the NGI for the Neutral Community. Many leaders couldn’t attend but had sent a representative such as myself to the event, but everyone understood how important this will be to all Neutrals, that steps were made to restore a more neutral feel to the Neutral population, and to also provide friendly relations once again with the Clans.

A passing Clanner was unfortunately gunned down, right in front of the meeting to much the sadness of most of the delegates, but for the delegate from Elite Operations, those who paid for the Thugs in Newland who cheered the Clanners demise, to much the scorn of the others present. With majority of the Community having already experienced issues with the Thugs, of the lack of protection they provide, and how on some occasions they actually attack local citizens, and made it clear they had to go.

Beamboom of the company Circle G who backed the Initiative due to the incompetence and inability for the Thugs to use any form of intelligence when they are supposedly protecting Newland, offered the services of Circle G to be hired as the replacement guards, or assist in the training of the replacements. R.U.R. have also offered security droids to protect Newlands, but unfortunately weren’t at the meetings. And it might be an interesting bidding situation for Newland Council to look at with these two companies so strongly interested in the security of Newland.

The biggest concerns of the meeting came from Auntbeast of Divine Retribution who felt that neutrals didn’t need outside funding sources to finance the Initiative, and accepting any, including donations was a sign of weakness. While others felt that accepting the assistance from all factions was a sign of strength, and to show camaraderie with people from all back grounds being able to assist each other for a better future. But this was just a minor point as currently funding is still to be calculated by the Newland Council, so no one can yet state how expensive this Initiative will be, let alone work out how to pay for it.

With everyone having their own unique views, yet everyone being shown that everyone believes that the Neutral Community needs to be protected and made secure. It was a great mornings work to show that the Community can come together. The NGI will no doubt be meeting again soon. But with the Community firmly behind removal of the Thugs the issue now firmly stands with the Newland Council. And with this many people wishing to see change, they have to listen and act.

If you wish to read the recording for the evening, the log file can be found here:
    http://www.ir-news.org/meetinglog.txt
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

Re: Thursdays Newland Guard Meeting

Originally posted by Nyadach
    . R.U.R. have also offered security droids to protect Newlands, but unfortunately weren’t at the meetings.
    The reason for RUR's absence was that we were neither invited nor did we see a public notice. But no matter, at RUR we are not easily discouraged. And when you all see the innovative robotic designs we are wokring on and sensational offer we are ready to make NLC, you will be joining us in the chant "Down with the Mercs, Up with the Bots! Down with the Mercs, Up with the Bots"

Dabblez
    Director of RUR
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Considering the...umm...uniqueness of R.U.R.'s bots...would it be wise to place them in Newland city? Don't they have multiple outstanding lawsuits against them for "mishaps" their bots allegedly caused?
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

Originally posted by Vixentrox
    Considering the...umm...uniqueness of R.U.R.'s bots...would it be wise to place them in Newland city? Don't they have multiple outstanding lawsuits against them for "mishaps" their bots allegedly caused?
    Bah, just isolated incidents blown out of all proportion by the technophobic, sensationalist media.

Our robots never go wroong.

Dabblez

originally posted by Dabblez...
    The reason for RUR's absence was that we were neither invited nor did we see a public notice
    This was a Neutral Leaders meeting, the objective being to gather the comments and opinions of those in the Neutral community. An objective I would say that was met.

Please attend the Town Meeting on Wednesday, at 2100GMT at the Womaphs in Borealis. That is a public meeting.
    Emma "Pyromanche" Peele, Neutral Kingpin RK1
    Founder of The Union
    President

NGI

Am I the only person curious about the NGI supporters true motives? What do these particular neutral NGI supporters gain by allowing clans free access to neutral Newland City?
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Pyromanche - RUR will be there for sure. We've just completed work on a short multi-media presentation to introduce our bid for a robotic guard system in NLC.

Psikie - True motives? For us its all about increasing trade and selling more robots, which is ultimatley what allows us to pay for the rent and our children's schools fees. Isn't that what life is all about?

Dabblez

Reasons behing NGI

I can only speak for my reasons about supporting this issue.

I have lived in NewLandCity, before and after the change of Guards to Thugs. After the Thugs came there to takeover security the city is extremely unsafe for al neutral peopel since the thugs do nothing to help protect any neutral that is under attack in the city or the area just near by the city. The city lost a huge part of trade since the Clan aligen traders no longer could come to the city to purchase or sell their items.

This has lead to a huge loss of economy for the city and the city if slowly falling apart , streets not cleande, no attempt to make things look better. etc etc ..

Since i love my home town and loved to sit ath the outdoor cafe talking to all my friends I feel that the Thugs are not working for the best of the City but rather the opposite.

Since i could not reatch the city council alone i shared my felings for this matter to any and all. I am happy to see that I´m not alone, a lot more than me feel this way and togheter we can make a difference. I am not stating that i started the NGI, just that i support it.
    If you are afraid of dying you will never truly live

Re: NGI

Originally posted by Psikie
    Am I the only person curious about the NGI supporters true motives? What do these particular neutral NGI supporters gain by allowing clans free access to neutral Newland City?
    For many, and myself included its mostly about security. The Thugs have never protected neutral citizens or neutral property and for that reason they have to go. If a neutral is shot at near these so called protectors what do they do? they either ignore it or they assist the attacker! Thats been proven time and time again, just ask Aazamon if you don't believe me.

Add to that the economy, the indiscriminate actions they do towards the Clans, and the whole "this aint neutral" by a long way feeling of the thugish endeavor. They have to go!
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

This is not about Clans.

I have tried to impress this on those who attended the meeting. It is about returning Newland City to Neutral hands and removing #1 the Omni aligned guards that do little more than.. nothing positive for NLC #2 continue to protect Newland City from outside threats of invasion.. the Sentinal threat.

Are we, the Neutral community so narrow-minded as to not see that love it or hate it.. Newland City is one of ours, and atm it is a testament to our past weaknesses and lack of community and truely does not reflect who we are and the tight knit community we have become?

Maybe that is just it, maybe we still fear what we need not, this is a throwback to another time and place in our history.

Neutral guards for a neutral city is not rolling over to anyone.. it is standing up for ourselves.
    Emma "Pyromanche" Peele, Neutral Kingpin RK1
    Founder of The Union
    President

When I first came to Rubi-Ka I started out as Neutral. My first experiences were in Newland City out in one of the Junkyards. It pains me not to be able to visit my roots, just as it does my brother Benjacrat. He also started Neutral in Newland City.

Among other things Newland City was my home, place to relax, and place to meet with people. I held meetings at the outdoor cafe myself a couple times. It was a good Neutral place for people of all factions to come together and speak freely. No guards, no one telling us what we could and couldnt say.

Go to Omni-1 and say "I wanna kill Philip Ross". 2 Seconds later Omni-Pol shows up clubs you on the back of the neck, silently slides you into a black MPV and your never heard from again.

Stand in Tir and say "Silverstone must die!". You are immediately shot on sight, and no questions will be asked.

So, In all honesty there is no such thing really as a free place on Rubi-Ka, one place or another you are oppressed by someone. For a long time I had a vision. A dream of a planet where everyone spoke their mind, and where everyone was free to express themselves (within healthy limitations). But for the time being it seems that this will remain a dream. Maybe the Newland City initiative will give this place I speak of a start by returning the city to its Neutral heritage, making it once again a place where all people are welcome, and no one is oppressed.

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21