Thread: Attacked by friendly guards?

Attacked by friendly guards?

I'm an omni-aligned engineer. Went to Lush Hills Resort for a mission, came back out and headed to the insurance term. The guards decided to attack me for no apparent reason.

My bot was on /pet follow at the time.
    I was not in any sort of attack mode, nor had I even targeted anything since leaving the mission.
    These same guards (Male and Female sergeants I believe) have always been friendly before, and have been friendly ever since.

In my chat I just got the message of them saying they were tired of me and they attacked. I did at least make it to hit insure just before they fired, so I didn't loose anything. It also meant I kept my bot since I popped right back there. I checked the guards and they liked me just fine as usual.

There's obviously some bug here, but with just my one incident I'm afraid it's not a lot to debug with. Anything like it happened to anyone else? If so, please add your experience so the Testing/Dev team has more info to work with

I experienced something like this a while back, Chicano my trader Alt, used mind swap on a reet and I mas messing around having it kill leets...

well... I headedback to omni ent, from omni forest and when i got to around the playpen, I got some some wierd music and saw the "attacked by -NONE-" message. I stopped and looked around and saw nothing and my map was clear too. I proceeded to the omni ent entrance... and right away the guard attacked me. Of course at lvl20 or so it was instakill... but after res'n I came back they were nice to me again?!?

Bug? heck if I know...

-Mega

Oh yeah, known bug. At least by players.

Something with pets and them changing their alignment to 'monster'.

Not specific to someone zoning with pet, or not zoning with your pet.

Not specific to a specific pet class.

Not specific to the person even being a pet class (documented case of an enforcer suddenly getting jumped by his own guards...i think there was an MP heal pet on him, tho)