Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: ------- (( How do you know your team of lvl 100+ will get you killed ))

Quantar -

I too have seen many an MP that seem to think that looting chests, running into rooms with 2-3 mobs is ok, like they are invulnerable. It's not the norm, but it happens, and usually seems to be them that blame a doc who's still trying to buff everyone in the entrance and told the team they arent ready for their death

Communication (then listening) helps every team, and just running off like a damn fool gets you killed/kicked

Re: Re: Re: Re: heh

Originally posted by Chtonian

If there are such MPs - these must be only few.
    /Quantar MP 105
    You're right, there are a bunch of MP's out there who are (just like you ) now their job.

It was a generalization (nosy MP'*s*) but there is this one particular guy I was talking about.

I'm very sure that every profession has it's not-so-good players as well as those who are excelent at what they are doing.

I do a lot of stupid things too.
    Like not listening to a Crat or NT when he says : >>> I just camed ## <target> ## DON'T ATTACK and I hit Mongo!

Stupid me!

The good thing is that most of them react to advice/critique very reasonable and don't do it a second time (threaten them that I'll /terminate when he drew aggro again seems a bit harsh but usually they get the point , just kidding, I'd never leave teammates alone!)

Kisses
    Steelbuns
    Quote Originally Posted by Primakoff
    You can never deal enough damage to OD even the most average role-player 220 soldier with the right gun, so taunts are your only hope.
    I want to tank The Beast with nothing but a chair and a Concrete Cushion FFS!

mongoing when mobs are calmed...

I had 3 mobs all calmed in a room while fighting the original pulled mob..... I didn't realize what had happened when enforcer we were _fighting_ casted mongo and broke all the calms. was painful.
    good thing we had a good doc!

Originally posted by DoctorEarl
    Quantar -

I too have seen many an MP that seem to think that looting chests, running into rooms with 2-3 mobs is ok, like they are invulnerable. It's not the norm, but it happens, and usually seems to be them that blame a doc who's still trying to buff everyone in the entrance and told the team they arent ready for their death

Communication (then listening) helps every team, and just running off like a damn fool gets you killed/kicked
    hehe
    i think i never looted a single chest in last 20 missions or so ...
    What if the team leader makes a rule,
    no one loot a single till the mission is over ?
    Have you any experience with this suggestion/rule ?
    How many ppl. are upset ?
    I never tried it so far, being afraid that the puller could be upset

About communication: what about a team where 3-4 members
    talk mostly other language then English,
    while other 2 can not understand a single word ?
    ( because one of them can not speak english heh )
    Then one of these "other-speaking" tries to translate
    the most important parts into English

Hm... i think we need an extra forum for team play issues,
    so many things to learn...
    Probably the most important part of the game

Originally posted by Julia Pomka
    My favorite true story:

Team is buffing before a mission.
    Doc "Can I have mochams BM/MM pls Mr. MP?"
    MP "That will be 100k per buff"
    Doc "Are you serious!"
    MP "Yeah noob, I have to buy nano-chargers"
    Team Leader -/Kick MP

The MP then proceeds to run around the mission and train mobs back onto us...

Yep it happend to me back in bothackers Iceman(somethign) wanted to charge me for BM mastery he is ignored now .

BTW guys i never had so much laugh in my life some realy cool stuff here.

I teamed a lot with people 100+ and only 2 teames have died

I team mostly with my guildies or my new friends i made recently thats one cool adventure and 2 very good enforesers we also have MA but she doesnt play often. So usaly we take someone from outside we never teamed with.
    We have a very well working layout.

AND I AM SO SICK OF PEOPLE who doesnt know what docs are.

When i say "i will pull" most say "What doc pulls?"
    Happend to us today soldier said that and i think he decided that doc cant pull and started to pull mobs got 2 real means rascasl who killed him before he got to us .

So here is tip for all of you who dont know what docs are.

Doctor have as good HP as enforser becasue we are the only one who keep us with short HP buff .

Good doctor will have as good evades as soldeir or enforser mine currnet are 430 unbuffed at lvl 125.

I always have my agro on full and i never afraid to catch agro even from real mean torpedo.

So here is layout that works great for us.
    I run into room get mob on me pull him to team i dont do as much damage as soldeir so usualy mob switches to soldier or enforser after like he is down to 75% (i mean fighting real means/aces on lvl 125) when mob switches i sit recharge start heling who ever mob attacked.

We were doing great against aces today with just team of 4 .
    Xenome does that

Originally posted by Chtonian

hehe
    i think i never looted a single chest in last 20 missions or so ...
    What if the team leader makes a rule,
    no one loot a single till the mission is over ?
    Have you any experience with this suggestion/rule ?
    How many ppl. are upset ?
    I never tried it so far, being afraid that the puller could be upset

About communication: what about a team where 3-4 members
    talk mostly other language then English,
    while other 2 can not understand a single word ?
    ( because one of them can not speak english heh )
    Then one of these "other-speaking" tries to translate
    the most important parts into English

Hm... i think we need an extra forum for team play issues,
    so many things to learn...
    Probably the most important part of the game

this takes way too long. why not, if you are a good team, have the leader name off who gets the next chest. go down by the team list. i have done this and everyone is happy.
    Frelo - Level 29 Fixer (and loving every minute of it)

Anahata - Level 110 Solitus Trader
    Khephra - Level 6 Solitus Engineer
    Zaum - Level 8 Nanomage MP
    Merkaba715 - Level 50 Nanomage NT (Sleeping till NT's are fixed)
    Dimholt - Level 10 Atrox Enforcer
    Omni
    Rubi-Ka 1

'The only ones that see the end of war are the dead' - Plato

Originally posted by Merkaba715

this takes way too long. why not, if you are a good team, have the leader name off who gets the next chest. go down by the team list. i have done this and everyone is happy.
    well... i'm not sure what takes longer...
    look: the puller pulls 1-2 rooms away,
    i note often after the mission - i miss the half of the map.
    So the puller/leader would have to tell the member of team
    to follow him, the member follow 2 rooms away - just to find out,
    the chest is locked - doh
    And there is still a chance you pick a mob on the way :/
    If the puller tries to open chests anyway -
    why not let him loot everything, and distribute it among the
    team members after the mission ?
    If you trust him, that he dont pick the best item in mission from the chest,
    you would trust that he will not hide items after mission too.
    There could be some roulette who get what...
    Finally, the best would be to have a trusted puller,
    who would have high B&E, so he can get loot from locked chests too
    ( he dont need to be the tank )

But that all only in a team of good friends;
    in a random team it's that bad, that most teams leave
    even the half of open chests there,
    move out of mission really fast.
    Imagine: someone, who has high B&E would get over 50% of mission loot...

STATIC TEAMS

solves problems, or at least enough people you've teamed with enough to trust. by 100 this shouldn't be bad.

Cool

STATIC TEAMS

solves problems, or at least enough people you've teamed with enough to trust. by 100 this shouldn't be bad.
    I started to play in team after 60 or even 65.
    Else i would not have enough money for all the NFs, Armor, implants etc.
    Even so i had to terminate few times around 50 to get enough money for implants.

But still even i would level in teams from lvl 1 -
    hm.... not sure... one level faster, other slower,
    someone may make a long pause
    ( for example i did not played in Januar at all because of some RL issues ),
    what then ?

Also while random teams arent good in general,
    it's still a chance to find new friends

I agree..... but not all friends keep climbing the leveling tree.

I created my doc after 12.5, and it took until February or so to get him to 112-114 or so. It was a great learning experience, but was nice since I new a little bit about the game.

Then I created my trader around Jan/Feb... he's almost level 100, purely teamed basically, but almost always with people I know. In teams where I know everyone, we can run ql180 missions at level 80... with no doc! :P a few MA's, people know how to handle aggro/healing.... with a pickup team? I bet 140-150 missions tops, depends on who it is....

It's wierd tho, because after being around the same people, you almost don't even chat anymore, you just know what to do and who can do it.

It's wierd tho, because after being around the same people, you almost don't even chat anymore, you just know what to do and who can do it.
    This is so true!
    We once did a mission (QL 160 I guess) with a team consisting of 5 of my guildmates I regularly team with plus an Agent we recruited on the fly in 20k.

We buffed, went into the mission, told the guy how we do it (one pulls, we only follow him till he says so etc.)
    Then we started pounding away on the mobs happyly chatting away and insulting each other.

We had two Enforcer (me and a guy I duo missions alot), so we shared aggro extremly well, when he (puller/primary tank) was down to about half his HP I took over so that the Doc was able to bring him to full health. Just like the perfect team we usually are, all without giving any command other than "Follow" or "Wait".

No one died, when we saw that the mob turned towards one of the second line troops either one of us Enfs was able to get aggro back before the mob was able to get off a shot at him.

The guy was very very quite, xp came raining in, we all went "Ding" and were having a real blast.

During a rebuff we asked him why he is so quit, if he was one of those guys who is not used to english.

He said that he is indeed japanese but english is not the problem. He was basically stunned by the performance he was seeing. Being used to pickup teams and the usual hassle involved he was amazed that what we achieved was possible.

That was when I realized what a difference it makes when you have a decent guild with enough people your level range to team with.

There are some players out there with whom I can team the first time and get an equally good performance since there seems to be a certain understanding of each other, I assume that those are very experienced player. Or maybe just luck

Kisses
    Steelbuns
    Quote Originally Posted by Primakoff
    You can never deal enough damage to OD even the most average role-player 220 soldier with the right gun, so taunts are your only hope.
    I want to tank The Beast with nothing but a chair and a Concrete Cushion FFS!

Lightbulb

Originally posted by Wrob

Xenome does that
    Xenome is on top of my 'nottohaveanythingtodowith.txt' layin' on my desktop.

But he is too damn funny to ignore
    Last edited by ZTed; May 8th, 2002 at 12:30:25.

A couple of my worst experiances...

Scenario #1: Thou Shalt Not Kill Your Friends... Even If They *ARE* Stupid.

A couple months ago, I talked some good r/l friends into starting up accounts on AO (they were disillusioned EQ players).

Imagine my suprise when, a couple weeks later, they're almost at my own level. I find out that they've exclusively done missions together (as Martial Artist and Adventurer), taking on red missions... so I chalk it up to good grouping abilities learned in EQ, and grab my Fixer alt that is at their level, to form a threesome.

Can't remember where we were, but we were wandering about, hunting. We're taking on red Mobs fairly well... and then I'm noticing that we're consistantly drawing serious adds from all over the place. What's worse is that I'm continually cycling through my teammate's healthbars (via f1-f2-f3)... and their hitpoints are rapidly going down... down... down... and nobody's healing. A Martial Artist, and an Adventurer... and nobody's healing. This is happening almost every encounter.

...which leaves me desperately trying to keep them alive with my miniscule little HoTs. And my First Aid kits.

And then I get aggro. And, of course, my First Aid skill is locked. And of course, I die.

Friends: "Where'd you go?"
    Me, grumbling darkly: "I'm going. To smoke. Alot. And maybe get very, very drunk."
    Friends: "We're sorry!"
    Me, sighing: "It's cool. Say... did you guys know about cycling through your teammate's healthbars via f1, etc? Or using the Team Window to monitor who needs heals? That might help us stay alive longer..."
    Friends: "Uh, ok!"

Upon my return, nothing had changed. 4 deaths later, I called it a night. :/

#2: Beam Me Up, Scotty.. This is Taking too Long.

I'm with a good teammate I've met online - good guy... even forgives me when I screw up. We get lucky enough to grab another good teammate who happens to log on just as we're preapring to grab a mission. We manage to get a fourth, because Teammate #3 knows him, and he's looking for a group our level.

I grab a mission in Stret West.... to be exact, the north-west corner of the Stret West zone. "It's going to be a bit of a run," I say... and they're all ok with that. So we set out.

5 minutes later, Teammate #4 is harassing me that "We're not in Stret West! We're in Central Artery!" <I'm using the Omni GUI... and I'm the guy with the mission. Additionally, I've been here several times.... I think I know where I'm going.>.

5 minutes after that... we get jumped by a green mob, but since we're on something of a r/l time schedule, I call out that we'll ignore it and head straight for the mission - we've all got enough runspeed to have no issues.

A few beats later, I hear Teammate #4's death rattle. 'WTF??' is going through my head... The remaining three of us turn and kill the mob. Which is when I realize that it never hit him.... he'd self-terminated.

Utterly flabbergasted, I /tell him: "Why'd you terminate?"

"It was taking too long!" was his reply. :/

#3: "Errrr... He hit me really hard, and I flew out the door??"

<chuckles> Actually, that last one was my own fault. A 6-man team of us is trying out a 'Borg site near Greater Tir. It's my first group (I mainly solo), and I'm really nervous.. I don't want to do something inappropriate, and get people killed.

So, I hang back and let the pros do the work that they do well, adding my damage in support as best I can. Then we come to a dangerous room with 4 red Cyborgs. "We need to pull them one at a time!", the leader says.

I realize... I'm an Agent... that means... Oh. They're Gonna Want Me To Pull. <gulp> I'm *really* nervous now, but when the inevitable request comes, I'm ready to step up... praying that I don't screw this up.

...And wouldn't ya know? I manage a spectacular... no, a *stellar* pull. 4 'borgs, all clustered together... and I draw one. I get compliments. Boy, I'm proud of myself....

...Which leads to my mistake. We've got three to go, and I go down the hall to attempt to pull one more again. This pull doesn't go quite as good - I get 2 out of 3, luckily - but we've got a good support crew, and we're handling it pretty good. I'm adding my damage in support, as usual.

...and the Engineer's Bot steps right in front of me. For a split second, I don't know what's happening, and when I suddenly am taking damage because I've acquired aggro, I do the natural thing... I attempt to step back just slightly, so I have an idea of what's going on.

What I don't realize, of course, is that I'm standing right in front of the mission entrance. I step back... and zone. Right into the waiting arms of all those 'Borgs we'd killed on the way in... respawned, and happy to see me.

NT: "Hey... where'd you go??"
    Me: "Ah, sorry... I bit it."
    Doc: "You died??!? What?? I'm sorry!!"
    Me: "No.... No... not your fault... I accidentally stepped out..."
    Team: <laughs>
    Soldier: "It must have hit you so hard, you flew out the door!"

When the enforcer gets 2 pulled instead of one, and you use /assist to aquire his target. they you spam the target so everyone knows, and when you calm the add, the enforcer decides he doesn't want that target and goes for the add instead getting himself killed, and a few others very close to it because you can't keep it calmed/healing blah blah blah....

When one idiot keeps spamming "TURN OFF THE ENGI BUFF!!! IT'S LAGGING MY COMPUTER!!!@@#!!!". I still don't know what the hell he was talking about...)

Hey DocE...

err, skeez,

Fancy seeing you here..

I haven't had any problems in teams in a long time really.. Chalk it up to always being in a leet team.

I'm probably one of those over curious types you guys talk about, but I never get anyone killed, except myself.. :/

Its all about a team that works well together. Sometimes a character can be delegated to certain tasks. If we don't have a Doc or a Trader A MA or adventurer needs to spam the heals out. If you dont have a enforcer or a soldure then a fixer should pull the mob. Running the whole way out the door then come back in right away to clear aggro. Engis should do there DA**edest to get aggro on the bot, since bot taunter trimmers are broken have the team dissengage and heal untill the bot has done enough damage to keep the aggro on it. Don't let a agent Aimed shot a Fresh mob otherwise the aggro will be permently attached to the agent. Let the agent finish the mob off at the end. Also If you're fourtunate enough to find a group who works very good together make sure you keep in touch with them, being that this doesn't happen very often.
    Q u o t e:
    ((OOC))

Pardon me for hijacking the thread, here..

But, Brion - if you don't want your mother to know you were up and on the computer at 3:29 in the morning - DON'T post on a forum that she reads.

Busted.
    Grounded.

From the WoW forums. best PWNAGE EVAH!!!

rofl!

hehe Gummizluv nice one =)

may I humby add -

- When the engi with MP buffed slayer decides to ask for critbuff
    to the MA since, as we all know, engi's doent get aggro'd and die often enough already, so he MUST use those pistols on an Ace Poacer -

*then in the same team, after the tragic loss of the engi and 2 hour wrangle/mocham/neleb coat/pillow and what else to get slayer back*

- MP decides to show then engi how its done, asks MA for critbuff (yes, he is wearing an Krutt), crits the pulled veteran enforcer, gets aggro'd, screams, runs out of room into mission, screams, runs back with 4 mobs on him and dissappears through the exit, leaving us with 5 mobs to handle -

really happened =0
    Syryx, nanotechician by trade, proud member of Shadow Ops and part-time leet

"that's not a bug, that's a feature"

Originally posted by Wrob

Xenome does that
    Or Bibiche as some of us know him as.

This happend to me near L100 (crat)

Just one real strory.

I ask, who I am going to Assist?
    Team ask: what is assist?

We kill mobs and we get 3 ADD and team members pick separate mob. I beck they dont hit the calmed mobs (I have nice macro to say this)

Well They don't change the target and allways break the calm.
    So only thing I can do is look team healt and try to reset the agro that persson who have the lowest HP and somehow we sober out of situation.

I try to tell that mayby we hit the same target next time?
    Telling what crat can do and what is calm and expecially how assist work. All say, really that nice :-)

So we continue the mission, tank is pulling one mob to use and tell there is ADD too. I think, good even one have lisning what I say. But again the some team member pick other mob, tank change her target that mob too, and I think fine I do the same. Now we are actually beating the same mob and one is calmed. we get new ADD and I calm him, but what happend that point is doc start to use ma skill to calmed mob? (why ask why?), get agro and continue use ma, and I calm and beck him stop beating the mob. well doc die, team panic, break the second calm, and one member start to run rong direction and pull us more ADDs again when he notes that he is going to rong way. Again I just try to reset the agro on the mob and telling them to sit down that brage and heal them self........one team member go down, second etc. So I am the onlyone left the team, I calm, calm, calm and have 1hp left when same room have 4 calmed mob. I heal my self and walk away from mission and leave the team.

My number one an bad team experiance

220 Dictator & Adept
    220 Field Marshal & Talented
    216 Eternalist & Adept
    204 Saint & Intermediate

--Total Levels Gained--
    Rubi-Ka: 2000+ | Shadow: 50+ | Alien: 40+ | Very old Member of the Grumpy Old Crat Bunch

Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast