Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: ------- (( How do you know your team of lvl 100+ will get you killed ))

Originally posted by Laeni
    I was also on a team once where someone was complaining because the doc WASN'T doing any fighting. (That's because he's too busy keeping you ALIVE, idiot)
    Well, at higher levels I would expect everyone to be using a weapon to contribute to the damage output of the team. (or fists for that matter) The leet dolls and pillows just don't cut it.

Originally posted by Coldstrike

Well, at higher levels I would expect everyone to be using a weapon to contribute to the damage output of the team. (or fists for that matter) The leet dolls and pillows just don't cut it.
    I guess balance is the key. Yes the doc should contribute damage when there is opportunity but I feel that a doc's main job in a team is to keep an eye on the health of the other players and keep them alive. If I'm tanking and the doc keeps me alive I'll be happy with him/her.

Of course I probably shouldn't even been talking in this thread since I'm not 100+ but I just found it so funny that even at that high a level there are still some people who don't have a clue as to how to team. OK, I'll shut up now.

Angry

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LOL

I prefer a no fighting doc keeping me alive than a mad doc with his shotgun who just want to make some crit

Originally posted by Wrob
    I must add something.

-When you join a team everyone is green fixers

-the agent goes insane and thinks he can pull everything after he gets 5k aimedshot

-when they use a katana and are adventurers with low ql heals (not talking about the only katanagimp in the game Viro)

-when the mission keeper says the first room is full of aces but he knows it will be better and after you find the item you see its a ql 200 battlesuit and he asks who want the ql 450 Dna rifle.
    I see someone else has teamed with Viro.

hot off the press

when out hunting, and the tank /follows the fixer who is designated puller... and admits to the fact that he is watching telly at the time.
    My lungs arent blackened by tar, they're blackened by SIN!

Originally posted by labrutte

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LOL

I prefer a no fighting doc keeping me alive than a mad doc with his shotgun who just want to make some crit
    You haven't met a lot of good docs then.

Originally posted by Coldstrike

You haven't met a lot of good docs then.
    hehe, maybe so.

I carry a shotgun.... ql107 at level 114, had it for 30 levels. There's no reason for me to put more into it, my little 200 dmg here and there doesn't really help against a 10K full auto, many 3-4K hits... ya know

but seriously..... more than the dmg factor and docs is the aggro bar. I've got over 700 nano init and I've yet to drop mine below full aggro.
    Do I get aggro'd? yeah, sometimes. Can I take it? yeah, sometimes the problem is with adds, not the main mob we're fighting, and an aggro bar won't save you from that. It only makes you cast slower. If you can't take the hits, get new armour! this doesn't go for just the tank!!

Of course, init debuffs seem to make mobs a little angry

But... Coldstrike, a lot of people DON'T meet good docs, cuz most aren't. there are too many that prance around with sunglasses, miir, and /disco /pulp routines instead of healing with their cutie little behind. Ok, so she looks nice. Can she keep the tank alive?
    but anyway folks.....

had a 104 engie in my group once that couldn't figure out why all his nanos were costing twice as much to cast and also why he couldn't use beacon warp any more....

he was in tank armor

Heres one

All names have been changed to Protect the Idiots involved

Me(lvl 37ish Engie Back during The Anmsyty) At Mutant Camp in Lush

Excuse me( to lvl 56 Omni MP) can I get Masterys from ya?
    Him: I don't help Clan Scum!
    Me: Hmmm
    ( I walked away switched sides(I used to stay in newland before it crashed every other day) came back)

Me: Can I get Masterys
    Him :Sure thing!

30 second memory boy hate to be in a team with him

Me( 60ish Adv)
    ME: 60 Adv LFG!
    Formed team with Enfocer had 2 spots open
    Accdently in chat says
    Get that Adv!, We could use some extra Damage, But we still need a Healer we don't have anyone in our group who can heal

Deciede to turn that group down...

Me(59 Trader At the Borgs in Avalon)
    Running away from a Sergant
    Me: HEAL ME HEAL ME!(while spamming team heals)
    Doc(67): (After I died) Sorry man could not see you to click on you to heal
    Me: Why did you not just use the Team Window
    Doc: Team window?

Got a million of these things

-Originally Posted by Mr. Bean:

Me(59 Trader At the Borgs in Avalon)
    Running away from a Sergant
    Me: HEAL ME HEAL ME!(while spamming team heals)
    Doc(67): (After I died) Sorry man could not see you to click on you to heal
    Me: Why did you not just use the Team Window
    Doc: Team window?

Gasp! Im a doc and I almost NEVER look at anything but the chatwindow and team window, if I had to click on each person to heal them OMG it would be impossible!

I usually get upset when ppl spam the chat window with HEAL ME but now I understaind why. If I grouped with a doc like that id forever have a heal me macro ready to spam the doc who doenst realize there is a team window..ouch.

This one happened to me last night:
    Group of 4 a doc, an agent, an adv, and a trader (Team mission 35-40 group)
    (me) "Whos going to be the pseudo-tank? or at least whos going to lead the attacks?
    --Silence--
    (ADV) "Im not going to"
    (TRD) "Me neither, maybe you should tank doc"
    (ME) "I hope youre kidding"
    (AGT) "Well I can sneak in and aimed shot them, ill tank"
    (ADV) "I want to try my new katana ill go with him in the room"
    (ME) "Agents arent tanks, if you want to try your katana ill stack hp buffs you and and HoT you and you can lead ADV how much ncu can you spare me?"
    (ADV) "Whats an ncu?"
    (ME) ***bangs his head on the desk*** "Its that number that is x/y your health/nano/xp bar window"
    (ADV) "It says 0/8 is that enough?"
    (ME) /leave

Hehehe

This thread is hilarious

Engi with hugely OE bot:

2 vet enforcers in room:

"Don't worry, I'll pull just one with my bot."

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Everyone hangs back.

"Go help my bot! Help him he's gonna die!"

"Dammit doc if you see me chain healing my bot HEAL MY BOT you know it took me Mochams and a 134 wrangle to get him on it cost me 400K you OWE ME IF HE DIES"

Ql 189 mission, with big open center room:

"Ok first room clear let's move!"
    Me and the MA puller: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Later, at reclaim: WTF, how'd we get 8 mobs on us???
    Yeah, I wasn't even close to any doors and I saw 3 open and the mobs came right at us!

/leave
    Billroth - Doctor RK1
    Order of the Crimson Cross

Dammit doc if you see me chain healing my bot HEAL MY BOT you know it took me Mochams and a 134 wrangle to get him on it cost me 400K you OWE ME IF HE DIES
    *sigh* As an engineer, this is why I am so looking forward to 14.2.
    Numi7, Omni-Tech Employee
    Solitus Engineer
    Division 3 [Omni Reclamation]
    RK2

heh

Earlier this week, in a QL195 team mission.
    130ish team: Enforcer, Crat, NT, Agent, MP and MA (me)

Forcer "K whos tanking?"
    Everybody starts squirming a bit. "Uh, you?" the MP asks.
    Forcer "Nah, I dont like tanking."

Silence.

"OK" I bravely say, "I'll tank then." Team starts buffing.

Forcer immidiatly runs off and pulls in 5 vets from main room.
    "Wait! Lets buff!"

Crat and NT perform the magical trick of calming all the mobs except one, which we all proceed to wham.
    "Phew calm down mr Forcer... where'd ya go?"
    Forcer busy looting chests. "Heh, look at this!" he shouts and shows off 2 weapon receptacles, Pepper pistol and Alsaqri. Before the pistolwielding NT and the agent can say a word the Forcer exlaims. "Man, bids at 40 mil already!"

Silence.

Anyway, the team continues under some tension through the levels, Forcer getting the tank duty since he's ninja-looting all chests. When Aces start turning up, the Forcer cleverly decides to Mongo and pull 7 Aces on himself. 10 seconds later all Aces are calmed and everybody is at full health except the dead Forcer.

"Bye" he says and promptly leaves team.

"Sorry man, but a team of 5 docs couldnt have held that damage..." I /tell him. The user is currently AFK.

Sad story. But a 'forcer that doesnt like to tank is kinda cute.

/DaveDread

Re: Hehehe

Originally posted by Roland Deschain
    "Ok first room clear let's move!"
    Me and the MA puller: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    Later, at reclaim: WTF, how'd we get 8 mobs on us???
    Yeah, I wasn't even close to any doors and I saw 3 open and the mobs came right at us!
    If I had a nickel for every time I've seen this stupidity happen, I could retire young
    "Pulling the edges, wait here."
    *3 people and 47 pets obliviously pile into the main room*

Similarly, there's the 'curiosity killed the cat' syndrome. Cracking the main room, standing in the doorway edge trying to passive aggro a single mob from three vet MAs...and I see a leet doll poking out of my chest. NT wanted to get a better look at the mobs apparently. They sure got a good look at him...

Angry

this happened 3 days ago.
    I teamed with a doc that had his aggdef on full def and claimed he healed as fast as with aggro...
    Can someone please bash his head in.
    I mean when the doc starts yelling at me when I get aggro from the enf and then healing me for 500 points every 20 seconds I get angry....................

Never team with "Gudea" thx

haha... I am a doc, have 700 nano int. probably mentioned this somewhere already, but if you guys are chicken to run full def, whatever. Learn to get armour, and learn to deal with aggro. Otherwise, you'll learn to solo because you can't heal crap fast enough and no one will team with you.

Full aggro baby, unless I'm blitzing which aint happenin

hehe

Ok ill share one of mine favourites!
    Me at the time a lvl 90ma grouping in efp medusas back in the good old days.
    We had a nice group makeup with a solid enforcer tank and a doc etc.
    After fighting meds for about 5 minutes the team started to get worried as the tank was nearly getting killed every other mob.
    so the tank asked the doc :
    Tank: umm what heal do you use?
    Doc : I use >insert decent heal here<
    Tank : hmmm what is your aggdeff slider at?
    Doc : My what?
    Doc : oh nm its all the way to the left
    Team : *SIGH*
    Tank : well move it to full agg then im getting the **** kicked out of me here.
    Doc : wont the mobs aggro me then?
    Team : aaaaaargh

We finally convinced him to switch to full aggro and moved on.
    After killing the next medusa the doc says
    Doc : WOW did someone cast a buff on me? My heals are lightning fast!

He later explained that he had played all 90 lvls on full deff

Christabel

One of my recent favorite : adventurers that won't fight (No I get killed in 3 hits), that won't heal (No I just waste mana and can't keep up), but that will insist in doing missions in tiger form blocking as much as possible any strategic view of the situation by relentlessly staying through doors. And draining aggro too.

Sometimes I just hate gimped professions leeching ...
    "Donner à des millions une connaissance de l'anglais, c'est les rendre esclaves". (Hind Swarâj, ch. 18)

ahh my favourite,
    The fixer with his trusty mauser..
    god damn fixers need to be nerfed

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast