Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: ------- (( How do you know your team of lvl 100+ will get you killed ))

Originally posted by Nimrod

make a script that says:

/pet behind
    delay 100
    /pet heal

then u make a macro to pull the script

This will make the healpet change target even if the current target is not fully healed, at least 9/10 times
    Some more:

- When I (the soldier) knows the things you just posted, but the 120 MP doesn't.

- When said MP gets annoyed at you for trying to help them out by telling them how to make the script you just posted.

- When the MP himself dies because he didn't make the script as I told him.

And a totally unrelated one:
    - When a member of the team goes to save after killing just one mob, saying that 40k xp is a lot to loose..

Talking hehe

I haven't had a better laugh for a long time. Reading this thread was great!

My best (worst) stories from teaming:

- (aprx. lvl 40) after spending quite some convincing the team to move from Bot mountain to Shades the enforcer starts attacking the first shade he can reach. After getting aggroed by a group of 4 shades and getting a nice warp back to the reclaim he states: "They cheat! I attack one, and four attack me!"

- (aprx. lvl 65) an agent dies and is asked how he died so quickly. "I only have 550 hp". Another one asks: "why don't you have more, I'm also agent, 2 lvls lower than you, and I have 1300 hp". He then asks: "How do you increase hp?"

I love this thread ! Wish it were included in the AO handbook LOL. Have to say though, when you get that dream team , where everything meshes and you work like a finely tuned machine (I have been so lucky last week or so to get a few of those) ...you wish the session would last forever and you reach team level 7 and nobody wants the night to end

- when people think there's a team level 7

Sorry, had to do it

but yeah, a nice team flows, you don't even have to communicate. It is like, that NT/trader over there knows what calms and roots are for, and agents/fixer root when needed....
    or an enforcers know not to mongo when calmed mobs are within range

so yeah, some days are better than others....

Re: hehe

Originally posted by Corianin

- (aprx. lvl 65) an agent dies and is asked how he died so quickly. "I only have 550 hp". Another one asks: "why don't you have more, I'm also agent, 2 lvls lower than you, and I have 1300 hp". He then asks: "How do you increase hp?"
    Yeah.. That is a classic trait of a the kind of person you don't want in the group. People who have less hp than one crit worth of damage, often combined with close to 0 evades. The kind of guys who either die in the first fight, or stands in the background hoping that no one will see that he isn't doing anything to help the team.

Dark blue body development is no excuse for being a gimp!

wanna know whats normal here i have over 1300 heath and i'm a level 55 engi. my evades are around 150. and I'm wearing 1200ac. Needless to say unless i'm doing a level 100 mission . lol kinda like today. I do not die often. edit. or decide to solo a bully using a self casted bot lol. anyway I see engi's running around all the time in nothing but thongs and tattoo's. why is this am i missing something. and notice to previous posts i have made. now i've fallen into the mastery loving that so many other engi's have fallen prey to. opps lol.

but calculated out and i bearly stay within the 20% rule with the mastieryes gonna try to stay that way. aka . when i get enough to be within 20% i upgrade my bot.
    Q u o t e:
    ((OOC))

Pardon me for hijacking the thread, here..

But, Brion - if you don't want your mother to know you were up and on the computer at 3:29 in the morning - DON'T post on a forum that she reads.

Busted.
    Grounded.

From the WoW forums. best PWNAGE EVAH!!!

lol

LOL, great thread! I'll add one...

I was in a group of 6, with no Doc and another MA, including myself. "no worries" the group leader says. "it's a medium mission, and we've got 2 MA's to heal just in case" So of course I get attacked by 4 mobs, and I go down. (despite a blaze of chain healing myself, with NO support from the other MA) After asking why he didn't heal me, this was his response: "Uh, dude, MA's are supposed to fight not heal"

/cry
    /delay 1500
    /shrug

...and

...when a team member asks you
    'How did you know I'm an <insert profession>'
    and you have to explain to them about the 'T' key

/leave

When your an agent, and the doc isn't healing the tank who's about to die so you start healing him with the general heal and the tank (back at reclaim) says to the doc, "when I said heal I didn't mean 45HP."

Wink BAD DOC!

-When the doc says he doesnt heal cause it will harm his damage output "If im casting my attack bar doesnt charge/recharge"

-Same situation "Well we have an MA let him heal, i just overequipped this shotty and have a crit buff im not going to waste time healing when I could be critting for 4 digit damage."

-When a member starts spamming "HEAL!" when hes at 90% hps.

-When a tank begins to lecture the nano doc that he should wear a battlesuit for the acs since docs get lots of healing aggro.

-When the group members charge each other for buffs of almost any kind. (I think there was a post about this earlier but that was deinately my cue to /leave)

My main is a doc so I can be hard on them but its my opinion that if you dont want to heal dont be a doc go play a shotty soldier or something.
    Last edited by Pontosaurus; Apr 18th, 2002 at 20:26:51.

shotty or shoddy soldier?

and I wish they would fix healthbar display.....

Thumbs up Shotgun soldier

Sorry for the confusion I thought ppl might confuse that a bit. Not to say that you should be a shotgun soldier ive never played a soldier of any kind but I expect a solder to shoot, docs arent the only ppl that can use shotguns and it would seem that a solder would be better with one anyway although everyone is a nova of gamma or both soldier so i guess the shotguns not really a soldier option, damn I can ramble with the best of them

Originally posted by DoctorEarl

...and agents/fixer root when needed....
    That's assuming we're allowed to play as agents, and not some half-assed copy of something else merely for a buff or two :-D
    Personally, I like my roots. They have indeed come in handy a time or two...

Favourite true experience:
    - (appr lvl. 60) The enforcer running around in a Battle Suit not wanting to tank 'cause it's boring and he's done it too often.

- The 100+ ppl needing to be told about /assist.

- The 100+ ppl asking you to go FP Enf for the HP buff, then immediately upon receiving it wanting you to give them VS/SG etc.

- The 100+ ppl needing to be told about their own professions specific nanos, which you as an agent have known about or been using the last several lvl's
    (lately that has become one of the more fun aspects of FP... the knowledge about other professions nanos occassionally surpassing that of those playing said profession. Not often, but still gives my ego a boost) :-D
    Buford Hitokage Matt

Explorer 73% | Socializer 66% | Achiever 33% | Killer 26%
    -

Don't fear the night...
    fear the ones hiding in it.
    -

"Jesus is coming - Look busy"
    -

"Im not Uber. Im your common joe. Im level 178 and untitled. I never had a title and I never really cared whether I got one. All I really wanted was to have fun, learn new stuff and put my creativity to some use." - PhiliosPhreak

Originally posted by Hitokage

That's assuming we're allowed to play as agents, and not some half-assed copy of something else merely for a buff or two :-D
    Personally, I like my roots. They have indeed come in handy a time or two...

(lately that has become one of the more fun aspects of FP... the knowledge about other professions nanos occassionally surpassing that of those playing said profession. Not often, but still gives my ego a boost) :-D

Yes, being stuck in FP for 30 minutes sometimes gets bad... especially when you FP MA to get SG, then they recruit an MA.
    It's been suggested that you can run agent-specific nanos while under FP in an upcoming patch. If so, this still doesn't do any good if it's hit with the nano init penalty unless it's for buffs.

When a soldier asks "What's TMS?"... had that gem last night.
    Powervault ~ Legion
    Poweredge ~ Omegastrike

Poweredge's Soldier Guide (Now Sticky!)

You want to use CAC in SL? READ THIS

And you ask, "What's Ebay?"

And you ask, "What's Ebay?"
    *lol* - nice one

Oh, and another couple....

- team members being so eager to get chest loot from a QL200 mission, that they'll run into a room with an Ace or Real Mean in just to be first to the chest.

- when members of the team think that when the puller says "I'll pull to here", means "Follow me into the Ace Enf's room two room ahead".

Last edited by Poweredge|vault; Apr 19th, 2002 at 13:33:36.
    Powervault ~ Legion
    Poweredge ~ Omegastrike

Poweredge's Soldier Guide (Now Sticky!)

You want to use CAC in SL? READ THIS

It's been suggested that you can run agent-specific nanos while under FP in an upcoming patch. If so, this still doesn't do any good if it's hit with the nano init penalty unless it's for buffs.
    Heyy... at least we get to cast more buffs while in FP :-D
    Buford Hitokage Matt

Explorer 73% | Socializer 66% | Achiever 33% | Killer 26%
    -

Don't fear the night...
    fear the ones hiding in it.
    -

"Jesus is coming - Look busy"
    -

"Im not Uber. Im your common joe. Im level 178 and untitled. I never had a title and I never really cared whether I got one. All I really wanted was to have fun, learn new stuff and put my creativity to some use." - PhiliosPhreak

Teams

- When an Enforcer in team is useing a Hammer (7.00s) and has his aggro slider set to full DEF cus he doesn't want to get aggro.

- When Enforcer doesn't use any beneficial nanos at all, but sucks so bad you wonder what he's done with his ip.

- When Tank armor user don't want to cast beneficial nano's on team mates because his tank armo drains his nano energy too fast and he can't take it off because he'll never get it back on without uber buffs.

- When 2 docs in group and the tank is barely getting by healing with a FirstAid kit every 30 seconds.

- When the tank has trouble getting first mob pulled into first room and everyone runs out the door and starts attacking succeeding in pulling every mob from surrounding rooms.

- When the NT or MP get froggy and run off to pull out of bordom cus everyone else who can pull aggro is healing.

I was also on a team once where someone was complaining because the doc WASN'T doing any fighting. (That's because he's too busy keeping you ALIVE, idiot)
    Anastasia "Aniee" Cervenak
    Martial Artist

Man is the only animal that blushes, or needs to. -------Mark Twain

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast