Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: ------- (( How do you know your team of lvl 100+ will get you killed ))

Well, true story, Durskt and I were with a great team all except one person. There was just no communicating with this player. He/she would run into all the rooms and pull as many mobs as were nearby as he was looking for chests to loot, even when I yelled at him that

**1 we have one tank

**2 always stay behind the tank when exploring new rooms in a team mission

**3 do not open chests during a fight

These players show themselves as obvious n00bs, since the more experienced player either doesn't care about chests or has learned that by keeping your teammates alive you will be respected and allowed to get the loot you deserve!

When the player opted to suddenly leave team at the second floor, we all let out a sigh of relief, and knew things were about to get much better

Boss deaths

I've seen way to many bosses kill teammates due to poor strategy and planning b4 the boss fight.

One way is to calm adds and pound boss, if calmer present in group, as opposed to kill adds then kill boss. There will away be that person who continues to try to solo that one add while the rest of the team is pounding the boss. The one person dies and the calmer FINALLY succeeds in the calm on the add the person was fighting, and the team gets to here about the millions of exp loss because of the person attacking the add instead of the boss.

There is always the one who 'wants to take a look' at the boss room while waiting for everyone else to buff/save before the fight...they end up finding it's hard to click the down arrow with 3 beetles runing you over and the wait is lengthed because that person has return from reclaim and wait for rez (if they aren't to mad because of the exp loss due to the death)

My favorite is running back down from the boss room, watching most of team pop in with me leaving about 1-2 on the boss room fighting tooth and claw. After waiting for the heal kit to cycle, jump up into the fight again, just as the last 1-2 team members pop down following the rest of team and you notice your standing by yourself in the boss room and the scoll of damage wipes you out before the you can click the arrow to leave again.

Beetles? in missions? choose different settings... they SUCK!

to get all human mobs, and max XP reward

left left middle left left right

top 3 will be "food dispencer" type missions. the higher the level of the person trying to get missions, higher the reward. At very high levels you're talking 1-2mil xp for completion

-when the MA in your team refuses to team heal because "that's what we have a doc for".

-when everyone in your team but the doc agrees with the MA

-when the atrox refuses to tank because the opifex MA is a few levels higher
    Mr "Trigulus" T

Level 213 NT

When your agent teamie with his new X rifle runs around and aimshots everything in sight, bringing 90 adds and killing everyone.

Ok, slight exaggeration. But why in the world do some agents think that because they have aimed shot and aren't the puller, that they have to go and shoot some other mob to get off over the 3400 hp damage.

Talking

My favourite: The running Man

Full team. 1st floor. High ql mission.

Enf: clear
    and speeds off to the elevator with 50% health, Doc follows, rest stays behind, recharging, looting, IP-setting .... and typing:
    MA: clear???
    Enf takes wrong way, runs into a mob, gets aggro, keeps on running, Doc still one room behind notices, but still -Out of sight- for heal.
    Enf stops two rooms later and starts fighting mob, Doc finally catches up, Enf at 25% hp, Heal, back to 50%, second mob aggros Doc.
    Doc assists Enf.
    10 seconds later Enf down at 20%, Doc 80% switches to team heal to pull aggro until first mob is down. Gets aggro, both mobs on Doc, spamming team heals, all fine. Enf back to 50%, rising.
    Enf : RUN
    and speeds off to mission entrance .... ...leaving a totally astonished Doc behind.
    Mobs at 50% und 100%, mission entrance too far away, Doc decides to die fighting bravely, healing himself.
    Rest of team beginns spamming: Where are u all?, I´m on second floor, Need HEAL ...
    MA finds Doc, attacks wounded mob, manages to pull it away from Doc, now down to 30%, Nano 20%.
    MA: RUN Doc RUN
    Doc realizes there might be a chance with only one mob on his tail and runs for his life.
    MA switches attack to second mob to pull it off too, but couldn´t, so follows to try again.
    Doc, MA and the 2 Mobs reach main room. No one else around. Nano 0%, First Aid skill available in 18secs.
    Enf: I´m waiting outside
    Mate1: Doc, why didn´t you come 2nd floor, when I called for heal??? They killed me Goddamit!!!
    Mate2: I´m lost.
    Mate3: HEAL

Doc and MA die side by side 10m away from exit.
    Reclaim
    Enf: Doc, you bloody idiot!!! When I say RUN, run!!!

/tell MA lets get a team
    /hit leave

[edit]: nearly forgot :Very important facts about key-dupers
    Last edited by Holmgehirr; Jul 14th, 2002 at 12:59:53.

gotta love those MP's who pull with no hp and 3 pets, watching the healpet get aggro in main and die, while the enf and MA's are still buffin.

heh.

Originally posted by Trigulus
    -when the MA in your team refuses to team heal because "that's what we have a doc for".

-when everyone in your team but the doc agrees with the MA

-when the atrox refuses to tank because the opifex MA is a few levels higher
    Err... actually, for the last one, I agre with the atrox.

MAs, especially if they are higher level, makes a better tank, even if they are opifex.

not really....

At my level around 100, MA's have around 2-3k hp, and most atrox (if we're talking tanking class) has around 4-5k hp.

Although MA's will usually end up tanking because they seem to pull aggro so well...

if they have 2-3k hp at lvl 100 they aren't very good.

My lvl 55 doc has 2,6k hp unbuffed

my 106 MA has bodydev and stamina maxed, a couple HP implants, and a peice of armor adding a bit. She has 2.7k.

if they're maxed, not sure how i could get more....

and this is solitus.

After calming a bossroom of 8 Enforcer or MA mobs so you only have to fight the boss, the Enforcer in your group decides it would be swell to spam Mongo.

Ok Ive been following this thread for a long time. Its given me tons of laughter and over the weekend I found myself in team where some of this came true.

Full team, level 170 mission that ended up with beetles in it (bad start to begin with). Team consited of myself (level 97 MA at the time now 101 ) 2 engineers, 2 MP's, and an Agent (one of the MP's is wearing tank armor). So here I am playing tank and doc when Im used to being puller, which I would have been that to except for those blasted beetles and the agent who wouldnt stay away from the doors. I cant say the team members were real bad players they wernt, the MP in tank and the Agent needed to learn to stay back just a bit, but I was so glad when a friend stopped by and I had to afk for about 15 mins when I got back I wasnt in the team and there was no one in the mission any more.

I would highly recomend not going into a team mission with that kinda setup. Even with 2 MP pets healing me and my own heals I came to close to dying for comfort since very seldom there was anyone who could pull agro long enough to give me a break. The agent could at the start but when he did he was down and out before I could heal him once . Squishy agent+big aim shot= dead agent with no doc around.

Ok just thought I would share that one

(oh and when I went afk I told them what was going on I didnt just drop and type /afk)

No offense, but there's nothing wrong with wearing tank as an MP. :P And I'd much rather have an MP wearing tank then wearing that stupid neleb's coat at 100+ levels. Put it on to cast pet, take it off to fight. That's like 700+ac there you're missing out on. (Was teamed with a 110 MP with 1.5k acs. Obviously poor armor, but that Neleb's didn't help as well!) Tank also has neglible nano cost increasers, and with MP nano cost reducers, it's even more laughable. So *shrug* there's absolutely nothing wrong with wearing tank as an MP.

What I really love are 100+ people who don't understand aggro. When my team tells me to put heal pet on puller, I seriously start thinking of just leaving. You see how things aggro that doc when she heals? Guess what, that happens to pets too. So why in the world would you want the heal pet in the middle of hostile mobs healing the puller as he's trying to pull one back? :P Heal pets are also very very slow. You get 2-3 heals maybe in the time it takes to use two treatment packs. So never rely on them for healing. I always think of them as a really big hot instead.

ow and when we are talking about pulling to first room in missions (not the first room, but when all team members want the mobs pulled to room 1 cause they/we can't handle it).

well after lvling many chars inn ao I have realized that missions shouldn't be harder than you can manage to run room to room inn.

its better to zoom through a mission with orange ones than kill 1 red mob pr 4 mins. think about it all you wanna kill uber mobs for loadsa xp in missions

erk rant

Originally posted by Wrob
    [B]-when they use a katana and are adventurers with low ql heals (not talking about the only katanagimp in the game Viro)
    I Resent this remark, Im level 88 adv that uses A QL 149 True Katana that is 100% functional since level 84, my heals are maxxed for my level and i have a nano init of 450 same with Melee init. 2he/Biomet/Mat Met/Sensimpr/ Mat Crea Are all TTl max'd 2.5k HP and 2.6k AC all around
    ~I am the Virtual Virus

I have a 154MP, but think I'm retiring her since I'm kinda fed up with the class, so I started a low level MA. It's refreshing to play in low level teams again, some are pretty good (usually alts or informed newbies) but some newbs are amazingly funny if you can laugh about it. (for now I can you don't lose a lot of xp anyways at low levels)

Today I met some true noobs (or outright bad players), I can laugh about it now :-)

MP around level 30 claims he will get loads of aggro so refuses to put heal pet on any other team member.

Once inside ofcourse he never gets aggro at all (unless he wanders away from the team like he did half the time and pulls more than one mb): result: he now swaps the healpet IN BETWEEN HIMSELF AND HIS ATTACK PET! No other team member got a single heal from his pet And we sure as hell could have used it, I was both the tank and main healer in that team, (ma, 2 agents, nt, mp (shouldn't have joined in the 1st place, I know), died 4 times in it before I left, much to my relief the mp died that time as well (screaming HEAL HEAL HEAL), no one bothered to try to get aggro off him.

Same mp middle of mission while the rest is fighting mobs: OMG! I can equip new armor! (mp wanders away to a safe room and starts putting armor on) This happened about everytime he levelled.

Same team:

NT around 40: nice guy, the few minutes we saw him during the mission. Admitted he was stoned while playing, hardly ever saw him, have no idea at all what he was doing in the mt.

Other team fixer:

mission at 96% nearing boss room fast:
    "Sorry people I have to leave, I need to buy some new nano's and mommy is already mad at me for staying up too late. I'll just leave team and go buy it now, before she becomes really angry."

same fixer just couldn't stop looting chests while the team was fighting, even after he got someone killed and we had agreed upon not looting the chests untill mission is complete. Denied looting them anyways. Guess he hasn't noticed the black cloud on his own head yet.

other team adventurer: I ask him how his healing is:
    answer: I have 114 treatment
    me: I mean how are yr heal nano's?
    answer: Aah, I'm not going to do any nano's before I'm level 50!
    me: I'm a bit curious, why? (thought asking polite was best)
    answer: It's part of my plan!
    <sigh>

Originally posted by Xyberviri

I Resent this remark, Im level 88 adv that uses A QL 149 True Katana that is 100% functional since level 84, my heals are maxxed for my level and i have a nano init of 450 same with Melee init. 2he/Biomet/Mat Met/Sensimpr/ Mat Crea Are all TTl max'd 2.5k HP and 2.6k AC all around
    I was just making fun of Viro, oh and I posted it about 3 months ago and I didn't mean to offend anyone but him cause his Gimpness is well known

Originally posted by BlackBird
    I have a 154MP, but think I'm retiring her since I'm kinda fed up with the class, so I started a low level MA. It's refreshing to play in low level teams again, some are pretty good (usually alts or informed newbies) but some newbs are amazingly funny if you can laugh about it. (for now I can you don't lose a lot of xp anyways at low levels)

Today I met some true noobs (or outright bad players), I can laugh about it now :-)

MP around level 30 claims he will get loads of aggro so refuses to put heal pet on any other team member.

Once inside ofcourse he never gets aggro at all (unless he wanders away from the team like he did half the time and pulls more than one mb): result: he now swaps the healpet IN BETWEEN HIMSELF AND HIS ATTACK PET! No other team member got a single heal from his pet And we sure as hell could have used it, I was both the tank and main healer in that team, (ma, 2 agents, nt, mp (shouldn't have joined in the 1st place, I know), died 4 times in it before I left, much to my relief the mp died that time as well (screaming HEAL HEAL HEAL), no one bothered to try to get aggro off him.

Same mp middle of mission while the rest is fighting mobs: OMG! I can equip new armor! (mp wanders away to a safe room and starts putting armor on) This happened about everytime he levelled.

Same team:

NT around 40: nice guy, the few minutes we saw him during the mission. Admitted he was stoned while playing, hardly ever saw him, have no idea at all what he was doing in the mt.

Other team fixer:

mission at 96% nearing boss room fast:
    "Sorry people I have to leave, I need to buy some new nano's and mommy is already mad at me for staying up too late. I'll just leave team and go buy it now, before she becomes really angry."

same fixer just couldn't stop looting chests while the team was fighting, even after he got someone killed and we had agreed upon not looting the chests untill mission is complete. Denied looting them anyways. Guess he hasn't noticed the black cloud on his own head yet.

other team adventurer: I ask him how his healing is:
    answer: I have 114 treatment
    me: I mean how are yr heal nano's?
    answer: Aah, I'm not going to do any nano's before I'm level 50!
    me: I'm a bit curious, why? (thought asking polite was best)
    answer: It's part of my plan!
    <sigh>

If you have a 154 mp you can twink ur Ma and then you will become invincible till around lvl 70-80ish
    but If you want the cool newbie period again I'm all for it (Loved the newb period when all was new and the game was fun as hell)

Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast