Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: ------- (( How do you know your team of lvl 100+ will get you killed ))

OMG! pet leeches xp? Normally im polite about things like this, but you have to be the biggest idiot I've ever met! Pets don't leech xp in AO, dummy. That's Dark Age of Camelot.

Moron.

hehe omg , I didn't mean it that way. hehe omg you are more noob than I ever could think about.

ok we are 6 in a mission, when crat used pet (ninja) we got 45k xp a kill, when she terminated it and we killed the same enemies we got 55 so yes I must be a biiiig n00b.

oh btw! I'm not an idiot Its of my own experience you can ask Dayanara 170-180ish crat about it so stfu little noob, go back to powerlvling plz

geez ppl can be so stupid when they don't understand what I post :\ no offense.

Pet takes xp from team since its not in the team. just try it and come back and flame me when you have tried it okei ?

oh lemme guess. you highest char is lvl 60 aww poor baby
    Last edited by Selyana; Jun 28th, 2002 at 04:31:17.

There is also the split between fixed xp you get and xp you get for dealing damage. Noticed that when I got added to a team as 6th member to get the xp everyone would get up from 60% to 66% (as claimed by the leader) at what is called beetle crater in Varmint woods. Doing nothing gave me almost exactly 15k xp (the engie & mp pets were just to effective) joining the fight I would get more xp depending on how much damage I did.

Funny. I rarely put heal pet on tank. If doc doesn't seem to quite be up to keeping him alive in fight, sure. Any MP worth keeping off your ignore list will know to put delay commands in his macros to make that heal pet switch targets easier. However, I generaly leave it on the doc. They pull aggro all the time. That extra heal can be the diff between them dying or living long enough for tank to regain aggro. Trust me, that heal pets eats up nano cause unless you have some SERIOUS damage dealers, that doc is gonna get hit a lot. Sometimes I'll put it on the trader instead. When the trader is critting for 2.8k damage at level 80, they also tend to pull aggro. But since the tank is who the doc is generaly focused on, I figure doc can handle in most cases. It's the rest of the team that can get lost in the shuffle. If I pull aggro, I rarely hold it long enough to actually die. Most teams I play in keep things simple. Puller=tank. There is no way I'd put my heal pet on him. Can you say adds as he comes back. So yea, I'm not saying heal pet who starts healing puller/tank three rooms will positively pull adds. But I'll say theres a hell of a lot bigger chance that it will. You're an idiot if you have heal pet going with puller/tank guy.

Unless you're fighting some 50% mission where every mob could come at once and you can laugh it off.

So no offense, you're a moron if you think heal pets should always be on tank/puller.

Number one thing that is a dead give away of a team that's gonna get you killed. No patience. The team who's members refuse to sit in one room. The team who's members don't understand the words, 'stay there'. The team who's members ask wtf happened when their dancing in main room attracts every mob in adjoining rooms.

I think some semblence of discipline is required for a good team. Learn to follow orders. Get a puller/tank who isn't a chicken. Had an enforcer say he didn't want to tank cause his ac sucked. He was wearing elite with tank. Highest level of us all.

And geeze. We should start a blacklist forum with names of every single ninja looter we've ever teamed with. 99% of the fixers I group with are ninja looters that do absolutely abyssmal damage and are always needing to be healed when that bomb goes off in midfight. I've met ONE fixer who wasn't like this. But he's an atrox. So I guess he wasn't born deranged like the rest of them.

Caution can be a bad thing as well though. Was in another team where I swear I had to rebuff three times before we left entry room. After every single fight they felt like asking the same questions: 'Can someone give me an ac buff?' blahblahblah. Learn to toggle fkeys and press t. Learn what the other professions are capable of. Then ask for what buffs are available. It's irritating as hell when someone repeatedly asks for a buff no one in team can give them. Then gets pissed cause he thinks he's being held out on.

That said, I've done some pretty stupid things myself. But I can say that I've never done it more then twice. :P

Nuking myself in bad lag. My personal favorite. But only did that once. :P

Oh, of course docs are the ones we love and hate the most. But one of you docs please tell me why in the world do you need to play in third person view to heal. Had a doc who would switch between first and third saying he needs to be in third person to heal. Naturally, being a mission, when switching, camera can get stuck on walls etc for a few secs. In this time he can't heal. In this time in a good team fighting very high ql missions, someone is dead. I suppose this third camera view is some secret doc thing that I must play a doc to realize. Pls. Enlighten me.

About pets leeching xp. All I know is if I attack a mob with pet and we all sit and do nothing and pet kills it, we still recieve xp. If pet wasn't part of the team like you say, we should get nothing. Strange. But what do I know. I'm just a dumbass MP that will have the pleasure of never teaming with you.
    Last edited by Zylina; Jun 28th, 2002 at 07:01:05.

plz.ppl

Wrob STFU you ignorant bastard your posts make little sense and the ones that do you sound like an ass oh but :\ no offense of course okei.
    Crossbuster Unit Member of storm

i think zylina put it better than anyone else on this forum could, my hat is off to you!

Pets leeching XP is the silliest thing I've ever heard. Yes, I believe this is a feature of DAoC, but not AO. That guy obviously has not even reached lvl 50, let alone 150, because he has no idea what he's even talking about. Boots someone if they cast a pet. What kind of stupidity is that? I remember back in the lowbie days, a pet was usually what saved everyone's a$$. Of course, at higher lvls, the pet's necessity is debatable, but one last time before everyone starts believing that pile of rubbish, pets do NOT leech xp. and if they do, it must be a small amount, because I saw no reduction in the xp I was getting from ql 189 missions tonight.

As zylina put it, if the pet was not in the team, then we wouldn't get xp if the pet soloed a mob. And I wouldn't be getting 120,000+ xp for ace doctors that my pet takes on solo, would I?

This takes the cake as the worst piece of misinformation put on the MP boards, even worse than the "High lvl MPs do terrible damage" thread last month that lead to half the MPs orphaned without teams for a long time.

oh yeah, in response to the "my MP must be lvl 60" comment that wrob made, actually he's about to hit level 143. And no, he's not my first char, he's actually my fifth since last July.

One last comment, then I'm done (as wrob's comments have made us all just a little bit more stupid), the same types of MOBs don't always give the exact same xp every time. I could be fighting an ace functionary that's say level 185 and then fight another ace functionary that's level 195.

Another way to test this is to fight missions at 50 or 60% difficulty. you'll notice some seasoned nano techs are greenish, while others are yellowish. some might even be orangish. And all three will give slightly different xp.

So please, speak to a GM about these things before you make yourself look foolish on the forums. Noob. LOL!
    Last edited by THEDEACON!; Jun 28th, 2002 at 08:45:16.

Originally posted by Wrob
    I have the best solution.

I never teamed with engs or mps.
    I teamed with crats for xp bff and calms and kicked them if they made a pet.

1. pets leeches xp
    Nice of you to nominate yourself as one of the people others have been describing in this thread. Generally you can see no names posted but this was refreshing.

When I played my crat around 30-35, the more pets I had or charmed, the less xp I got.

Originally posted by Julia Pomka
    Ah yes and dont forget to use mongo bash when crat or trader calmed the adds .

Also nice to have trader who after dives and plunder decides to use his gun on mob this way outdamaging soldier and geting agroed...

About ebayers...

Lvl 200 Agentwalking in tir shouting how can i stop walking...

not goning to call names
    That is just sad.

yeah ok sorry for beeing ann ass last nite.. I was tired.

but I have tested what I have said with my 141 agent (retired many months ago So I don't know If they fixed em)
    and I did fp mp all the time and then did it without pets and then i got more xp) <-- feel free to comment or argue but it was like 4 - 5 patches ago maybe more.

and I'm playing a 143 sold (retired a month ago due to boredom)
    And teamed with a crat all the way up from lvl 1 and noticed that we got less xp from mobs when he used his pets.

and again sorry for beeing an ass, I was way to tired but I'm 90% sure I am right but feel free to prove me wrong ok?

just give me screenshots when you kill for instance a hardened xxxx and another hardened xxxx with and without pet thx

Here's an interview on ao.stratics with Funcom:

http://ao.stratics.com/content/commu...1_6_2001.shtml

Scroll down to the part where it says:

"[Ravedge] How will experience gained by classes with pets affect a group that they happen to be in?
    [Tommy] Same as if it was a player. Say a pet gets the kill, everyone will get the experience they would have gotten if a player had killed it. The pet does not however GET XP, and cannot increase in level. The owner of the pet gets slightly more experience."

This is the word of Funcom's development team. Yes, FC has made many mistakes with programming, but this would have to be something specifically and purposely coded into the game mechanics, so I doubt that they are wrong on this.

Once more "Same as if it was a player", meaning "Same as if it was a player", meaning the same amount of xp is gained if a pet gets the kill, as if the player himself killed the MOB, in other words, "Same as if it was a player". One last time before you type a reply sir, "Same as if it was a player".

THERE YOU HAVE IT, NOW SHUT THE F*** UP and recognize! No, actually I'm kidding, but you were very very wrong and deserving of a public flogging with my frisky wen wen sir. In fact, it even states that the pet owner will get slightly more xp (which, if true, must be an awfully small amount)

The amount of XP you receive per kill is dependent on:

whether you are in a team or solo
    the levels of your teammates (higher lvls typically get more xp)
    the number of teammates in your team (team of 2 gets more XP than a team of six)
    The level of the MOB (once more and for the last time, two otherwise identical fresh/novice/hardened/master/vet/ace/real mean enforcers or any other MOB for that matter may be different levels! Use the level info tool for proof of this. The higher the level of the MOB, the more xp you will get
    XP buffs, rings, bracers, underwear: these can increase the amount of xp you get up to a 10% increase in xp.

Having pets reduce xp is simply not in the game design. As for crat possessed pets, I have no idea, I've never played a crat, but it should work the same. If still in doubt, send an e-mail to the development team.

Reducing the xp gained by using pets would be the absolute worst thing funcom could ever do, as it would severely hurt pet classes that have no useful weapon skills. Please let this be the end of discussion :/

Instead of watching the exact number of xp per kill, play the game the way you like and just try to have fun.

Remember, "Same as if it was a player".
    Say it with me now, "Same as if it was a player".

Thedeacon - Rubi Ka 1
    Level 143 Metaphysicist
    "Same as if it was a player"
    Last edited by THEDEACON!; Jun 28th, 2002 at 23:14:44.

The mob that usually manages to outdamage the healing I do is sharpshooters dunno how they do it but they tend to hit hard & fast.

Originally posted by Zylina
    Oh, of course docs are the ones we love and hate the most. But one of you docs please tell me why in the world do you need to play in third person view to heal. Had a doc who would switch between first and third saying he needs to be in third person to heal. Naturally, being a mission, when switching, camera can get stuck on walls etc for a few secs. In this time he can't heal. In this time in a good team fighting very high ql missions, someone is dead. I suppose this third camera view is some secret doc thing that I must play a doc to realize. Pls. Enlighten me.
    He can then probably better see which way the mob is targetted which allows him to identify the next person he needs to heal

About pets leeching xp. All I know is if I attack a mob with pet and we all sit and do nothing and pet kills it, we still recieve xp. If pet wasn't part of the team like you say, we should get nothing. Strange. But what do I know. I'm just a dumbass MP that will have the pleasure of never teaming with you.
    XP is divided in two parts it seems. Fixed (multiplied by the team %) & damage dependent. Where do I get this notion from. Been doing blaster beetle hunting (Varmint woods) as 6th member of a team of which only the engie & mp pet were used, so we were basically sitting around lettingthe pets do the work. When I was bored and started whacking the beetle with my DD nano I was getting more xp the difference was big enough that I couldn't attribute it to random factors.

[edit]moved a ) to the right place[/edit]
    Last edited by Aristaeus; Jun 29th, 2002 at 11:26:46.

Do I sense someone on my side?

Its no biggie tho, Since that was my point

ow and TheDeacon.. this was not a personal attack on you. I only said things after what I experieced. Repeat after me "My own experience" etc etc
    Last edited by Selyana; Jun 29th, 2002 at 00:50:14.

okay, okay, I apologize. Just a rough week at work is all, nothing personal at all man *shakes hands*

I just get really nervous when any possible subject is brought up that might make folks pass over a pet profession. After a big huge ugly thread about a month ago, I found it extremely difficult to get a team, even with my old guild (good portion why I left them). It seems like only now things are getting back to normal and I, as well as many other MPs are getting teams again.

If it really were true that pets leech xp, all three pet professions would find themselves out of a job fast, putting months of work down the drain

*shakes hands*

nah mps have healpets and nanoboosts to make the desirable.
    crats have charm and xp buff.
    well engineers have.... engineers have..... there are few engies left anyway ;D;D;D;D;D

Tank has no armor and 0 AC

Two adv healers and no doc, when one of the adv's lag and calls out to wait, tank doesn't.

hehe that sounds like you just experienced it

Quote:

"nah mps have healpets and nanoboosts to make the desirable.
    crats have charm and xp buff.
    well engineers have.... engineers have..... there are few engies left anyway ;D;D;D;D;D"

EXACTLY! Maybe the programming team should actually take note of this quote.

I'm a lvl 78 Engie. I really like my char and plan on taking her up past 150 (solo if necessary, though team would be nicer), but why do I get the feeling I've set sail on the Titanic.

FC, toss us a bone. A calm isn't all that our of the question is it?

On a side note; Is there a thread that contains the names of chest looters, dicks, cry babies, finger pointers, etc? That's kept current? If not I think we should start one since you can waste up to 2 hours before you realize the teamate standing next to you doenst read the chat menu.
    Last edited by WookiHog; Jun 29th, 2002 at 22:07:20.

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast