Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: ------- (( How do you know your team of lvl 100+ will get you killed ))

Funny, but true stories

-Heading all the way out for a mission for rare item in SFH for rare item for guildie, and the whole team of 6 has no key dupper

-Having that one team member spend the lull between missions to change and modify his implants, to return to the team, give the ok to pull, and notice on his way to reclaim, he forgot to put back his "key" casting implants and is in full set of med clothes

-Asking the MA, how good are your heals? Getting invite, and noticing they want you (the MA) to play doc

-Hearing the doc say "crap outta nano kits" doing real bad pull with 3 veteran melees

-Having the doc ask for crit buff

-Tank goes to pull, click boom chest explodes, XP ball starts roaming around at feet from the another chest looter, tank goes down wondering WTF after mongoing to hold aggro and gets skinned alive by rat

-Having said tank go running by whole group and keep going with the pull following him....having the black blinding smoke covering his eyes from chest popping

-Hearing the doc ask, does anyone have any type of caster helm? I think this bio-mech one make me look like a head of a male sex organ

Re: Funny, but true stories

Originally posted by Veha

-Having the doc ask for crit buff

-Hearing the doc ask, does anyone have any type of caster helm? I think this bio-mech one make me look like a head of a male sex organ

Come on now. Sho said docs cant do some damage? I carry around a 183 Krutt. I love the 3500 point crits from the buff. So does my team usually. I only had one team mate ever complain that I was doing to much damage. And that was an Enf who I was out damageing cause he was using hickry sticks as weapons and couldnt hold agro ( he had never heard of da-taunter )

Here is my true story. Worst team I have EVER been on. This was just lask week.

im a lvl 143 doc. I was on a team with 2 fixers, and a tanking MP ( btw fixers, you can think this team that I will never team with fixers again )

The MP INSISTED on tanking ( he even had tank armour on ) so, we have, 1 doc ( me ), 2 fixers, 1 mp, a crat and an NT ( doesnt this team sound uber already? )

The MP INSISTED on tanking. he got WIPED by a real mean. 3 hits. of course I get the usual "WTF!!! Why didnt you heal me!!!!"
    my reply "I did, see thise spans for you were healded for 1100 points?"

MP - "You are supposed to spam cast complete heal on me damnit!!"

In the mean time, the 2 fixers are off in opposite directions of the rest of the team stleath looting and grabbing adds like they were blitzing the mission. They come running back to me screaming "HEAL HEAL HEAL!" and end up getting us all killed with almost 10 pulled mobs. The fixer then decides he IS going to blitz the mission, and takes off running in front of us all once we reform back in mission. he takes item and leaves team. it wasnt even his mission. He just wanted the "find item" item.

Well, all team is pissed off, and we decide to do the second mission we had. I knew I should have left at this point, but oh well. Leaarned the hard way. We end up doing the next mission. I died 3 more due to fixers stealthlooting and mob pulling. one even said

"I thought I could run fast enough he wouldnt notice me"

Not to mention, I was out damaging both fixers put together. I willl never team with another fixer again.
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me

When a MA on your team realizes he's been fighting with omni-med clothes under his coat for the three last days ;)

damn the newb that said "when the doc asked for critbuff" haha lol :P

c'mon docs are one of the best profs in the game so why can't they dish a little dmg.
    1.Hunting is boring
    2.When all do dmg mobs drop faster.
    3.When the tank don't want the doc to shoot because he can't keep aggro
    4. Damn I can't put number how many times I left team cause doc didn't do dmg :\

god Realised he was afraid of xp balls too damnit how noob can you be

This is a fantastic thread. I have been laughing my ass off for past 20 minutes.

BTW, For any of you out there who dont realize this (I'm posting this due to a few ignorant self righteous youngsters who shoot theire loads to quickly and besides we're on the topic of bad teamates);

The robot is a a neutral in the eyes of a Mob. As we are all aware, the pets in this game can't path for s h i t. Occasionally a "Following" bot will overshoot the Engie and run into another room. This does not mean that this will cause the mob to aggro!!

Additionally, a bot on "Guard" duty will in fact race into another room if the Engie is Aggro'd to meet the onslaught. I honestly can't see why anyone would not want the bot to tank in the adjacent room while the team is kickin back gettin xp.

Youngsters, If i ever hear any of you take the Moral Highground and "tell" me how to control my pet again (or for that matter ANY teamate pet class), I will climb out of your monitor, R A P E your dog, shred your spank mags, and smash your Nintendo.

Have a nice day and see you online tonight.
    Last edited by WookiHog; Jun 15th, 2002 at 22:22:39.

docs who don't fight

I made a Doc just a few weeks ago. One day I was teamed with 2 other docs(nobody online at our level, what ya gonna do?) and a one other person. One doc was dual wielding Leet Dolls. 2 whole points of damage per swing every 10 seconds. I was using my trusty ql30ish Vektor and tanking because i was the only one wearing decent armor. We finished the mission and I left.

Whatever skill boosts you get from wielding those dolls or pillows isnt enough to make up for not helping your team kill the mobs.

If i can help it, I won't team with another doc who doesnt use a "real" weapon.

Thrash that all depends.
    Leet dolls add nothing so that person could have better spend some points for a weapon.
    The pillow doc is a welcome guest in most teams upto 100 (the point where I'm now, can't comment on higher level teams yet).
    since they can usually put out just that extra point of healing needed.

Leet dolls add 3 to nano init.

Lots of docs/NTs/MPs use them just as something to hold in their hand. It's not like they spent any points to eq it.

And I would much rather have a doc that kept me alive than a doc who just wants to see some big crits from his vektor...

I know in the case of MPs, they dont have the ip for weapons until level 80+, so why not hold leet dolls until you can eq a weapon. NTs dont have much free IP either, but usually a little more than MPs at low levels. Docs just arent expected to do damage in teams, if a doc can do damage its a bonus.

Docs can do damage if they want but could they PLEASE stop "hugging" the mobs!? Seen teams I was in get slaughtered soooo many times cause the doc (or the mp for that matter) decides that the best position to be in is standing on the mobs shoulders smackin it with his pillows! Then they get all crabby at the reclaim lol... Nothing against docs... I just wish they'd keep a lil distance...

*grin*

It's actually quite scary to read all this, and here I was hoping that teaming would get better past 100...

I did a mission (with my new level 8 adv) the other day, with an enforcer (a good guy, and good leader, forgot his name), an agent, and.. an atrox nano-technician. Wielding a beam. Who insisted on running all over the place killing everything he ran into and grabbing all chests - while the rest of the team was dutifully clearing room by room.

So eventually he gets pissed (the NT) because we're nowhere to be found; he gets all the fat loot, and insists on constantly nuking himself to show off his awesome HP's. I think eventually he left because we died trying to kick the boss' ass - just sadly he iced me first, and seeing as how I was the only person around doing any healing, that sorta fixed the outcome right then and there

I think though that a lot of the 'bad' things in this thread are due to people treating stuff like solo missions and basically run around going "ka-ching.. phat looties!", without much thought for their team, or their role in the team - one day, I hope to fit into a well-oiled 100+ group.. hopefully

-Tank goes to pull, click boom chest explodes, XP ball starts roaming around at feet from the another chest looter

----

He won't just 'roam around' after 14.4 goes live... chest rats aggro instantly now, on creation.

DOC

I just have to tell this.

Couple of weeks ago I team with my crat to 4 MA and one Doc.
    Nice team. (After the doc leave the team).

Doc was Atrox & beam user. (There is nothing bad about this).
    But quit soon, we start to notes doc is doing hear job like every minute or so.
    Usually that point when Ma’s have done the team healing 2-3 times. So of course we start to wonder that he just hammering the mob and don’t do any healing job.

Answers were something like this. “ I do that when I feel so”

So I just do one test when one MA send me a tell,
    “Take some hits and don’t healing your self” So I let Veteran hit me some times and reset the agro list then and leave the hp down and didn’t heal my self.

Waiting minute, second and then start to send text “team heal, please” couple of time.
    Well, doc starts his flaming to me then.

“You don’t have good evades do you?” (I have so good that I don’t get any crits)
    “You should max you hp pool” (That I max always, and i have +30 levels better armours what is my level)
    Etc.

Same time when MA’s just using single heal each other who ever that time take mob agro him self.

Well, one MA has to leave that point, and then doc say, “****, this teaming is splitting. I go look new team. And he was gone. That Atrox don’t know anything about team playing.

After that it’s was so nice and superior team.

PS. After that we do your missions and note that this same doc looking still team at BS. I never have seen any docs who have to look hers team 30 minutes. So we haven’t been the only ones who have team experience about this dude. I no that I and those 4 ma never teaming with that doc ever.
    Last edited by NOVA; Jun 24th, 2002 at 09:42:37.

220 Dictator & Adept
    220 Field Marshal & Talented
    216 Eternalist & Adept
    204 Saint & Intermediate

--Total Levels Gained--
    Rubi-Ka: 2000+ | Shadow: 50+ | Alien: 40+ | Very old Member of the Grumpy Old Crat Bunch

Re: DOC

Originally posted by NovaMaster
    Doc was Atrox & beam user. (There is nothing bad about this).
    But quit soon, we start to notes doc is doing hear job like every minute or so.
    Usually that point when Ma’s have done the team healing 2-3 times. So of course we start to wonder that he just hammering the mob and don’t do any healing job.

Answers were something like this. “ I do that when I feel so”
    I wonder if this is the same one I had a "pleasure" teaming with some time ago - also an atrox doc with a beam. He was fighting and spamming team heals when even not needed (never using single heals) and his attitute towards others plain sucked. He also told people to raise their evades but I'm sorry, my evades are just fine so if I get hit a lot I'd like to be healed and not told to raise some skills. We luckily blitzed the boss room, no way I'd have gone down there when the doc says "You tank and I'll keep healing. It'll be fine."

Needless to say I did not do another missions with that team even if others were nice.

with my sold some time ago A doc was a complete bias, and Complained about my evades (which was about 800.800.500) at the time.
    but he complained and complained so when he got aggro and I did not bother to shoot the mob and he died and lost 5m xp

thats the recepie

- first I love this thread

Been playing since beta 4 so been in alot of teams.

However, Ive made a new fixer(rk1) Got into a team at sw pipe.
    Doing great good exp flowing, a doc shows up and we have open slot and add him, before this we an MP with decent heal pet. Doc then proceeds to pull, not asking anyone...ignoring the nice big atrox enforcer we have who was doing just fine. As he pulls he starts spamming in guild chat "If im low on Nano someone hit me with a stim" .....I couldnot believe...lol

Hit him with a stim, he probably has or should have the highest first aids skills of all of us and wants us to watch his health/nano bar for him. needless to say he died, something about pulling 1 shade and getting 5 adds that even our enforcer couldnot get off him.

Turin - I really hope you change your mind, however I understand your position. Im building my fixer to be a good dam. dealer and a team evac person in case of trouble...NOT a ninja lootin fool, we have all seen to many of them.

"- The MP has his healing pet on him."

I laughed hard when I read that one....Ummm, how about instead
    of that, "MP puts his heal pet on the 10,000 hp tank, who then proceeds to jump on every table in the mission, getting the heal pet stuck, then blaming the MP when he dies. That would actually be a bit more accurate. If an MP actually fights, nukes and weapons, he's going to get a bit of aggro nearly every fight. Nukes that also debuff have a high taunt factor.

The only way to keep pets from getting stuck in every room is to use the /pet behind command. How is the tank going to do that?
    When I enter a fight, the pet is always in behind mode. There's just no reason to have him active all the time. When someone needs it, ill put the pet on them, when their health goes up, I take it back off.

Keep the pet on the tank in a conference room......Yeah, we're dealing with a real professional here folks. In a good team with a doc I shouldn't even have to bother casting pets. Mobs go down too quickly for anyone to even die.

But how about a level 140 MP or engi with no weapons, 100 run speed, 150 evades (buffed), doesn't nuke and wants the team to wait for his or her pet?

Okay, enough profession bashing. The ninja looting is our big problem. If I'm teamed with five other people, the last thing I feel like doing is competing with the others over chests. It's usually the "puller" that does this lame crap. Every three minutes we see a frightened rat or a cloud of black smoke over the dork's head. This is the lame crap that gets people killed. I havent even bothered to loot a chest in a mission, as racing five other people while I should be fighting is what gets us killed. I feel terrible for an atrox enforcer that has to cast mongo with one of these ninja looters, as it usually means that a rat is going to kill them.

The boss loot should be handled like this: When the boss is killed, each member should look at his body without actually taking anything, and then decide who gets what.

But has anyone mentioned nanomage doctors with 1000 HP that use MA skills and try to cast shen on real means whenever they can and blame the real MA when they die? Hehe, that one is my favorite (not naming any names)!

Originally posted by TheDeacon

Keep the pet on the tank in a conference room......Yeah, we're dealing with a real professional here folks. In a good team with a doc I shouldn't even have to bother casting pets. Mobs go down too quickly for anyone to even die.
    All depends on the difficulty of the mission and the level of the players.
    I run around with heals 35 (ql 140) levels above my own level (that is when there is an MP around to add in the few points for the skills needed) and the reason the enf ( played by an experienced player) doesn't die is that we have that heal pet on him.

Yeah, in theory that's perfect and sometimes it works out like that, but every time I've left my pet on an enforcer, they start jumping up on tables. the pet gets stuck and I get blamed for it.
    Folks have said some of the nastiest things to me when that happens, and it's honestly not my fault that the pet got stuck. Id rather leave the pet in behind mode and put it on someone as needed, rather than picking a static target for it to use all its nano on.

In the rare event that I die, doc always says "well what about your heal pet? I didn't heal you because I thought it would". Little do they know that heal pets can't instantly switch targets, it has to complete a healing "cycle" before it can switch.

An MP's heal pet is his only real protection in a fight. Docs sometimes have to heal more than one person and may be aggroed themselves, so I try to never rely 100% on a doctor to heal me when I get aggroed. NTs, traders, crats, fixers, agents have calms, snares, roots, etc., many other professions have some sort of heal, shield, etc., all we have is our heal pet. So I apologize if Im reluctant to give that up 100%, but by doing so, I put way too much trust in my other teammates.

combo of chain nuking, debuffing, shooting with bow and when I can, using the demon to help does ALOT of damage and gets me alot of aggro in a fight. I like this, as it makes me feel somewhat useful in a team, but I need that extra little bit of help from the heal pet. if the doc gets aggro, I can usually get it off by casting a stun on the enemy or using the "wrath" line of debuffs or about three hits with mind quake. The silly thing is that this works alot better than a mongo to get aggro off. The bad thing is, I'm a nanomage, as much as I like to fight, the last thing a nanoguy needs is the attention of all the mobs. hehehe.

But by giving up my heal pet, it means I can't afford to take aggro. fewer nukes, no debuffs, etc. Then I'm short changing my team. At high lvls, MPs have to give 110% or we're not much use, as our demon does horrible damage (ok not horrible, but not great either) and is generally to slow to be of alot of use in a fast moving team (90% of the time I dont even bother casting it because it's so slow) :/

I have the best solution.

I never teamed with engs or mps.
    I teamed with crats for xp bff and calms and kicked them if they made a pet.

1. pets leeches xp
    2. pets suck
    3. pets get stuck.

learn to play your class without the pet (not solo).
    It will be so less chaotic (own experiences)

When they think that a pet leeches XP... ^^

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast