Thread: First RPing experience, need tips

First RPing experience, need tips

I posted this in the "Life on Rubi-Ka" forum but thought it would be better suited here. I apologize for this not being an in-character post.

AO is my first real experience with a game of this type, MMORPG. I played Asheron's Call but quit and never got back into it. With AO, I am here to stay. I would like to join an org. and get into the RPing aspect of the game, but I am unsure how to do it. Most of the orgs. assume that you have RP experience and are at least decent if not good at RPing. I am a total noob. I have read Tiny's thread and while great for story designers, it does not say much about the rank and file players. Any tips on how to become a RPer (creating my story, finding the right org, etc.) will be appreciated.

Try this link http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=92296 which I've conveniently bumped back to the top of this forum.

Hope it helps.
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Savoy, you are a lifesaver. That is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you so much. I now have to work on my Fixer's background.

((Ah bah... I should've looked in here before answering in your other thread, hehe. Anyway, good thing that Sid's thread is 'resurrected' ^_^))
    Jen Markarian - Put the weirdness back in Omni-Mining
    Updating my stories -- 19/03/08. Going slowly, but certainly
    Anarchy Reloaded - AO webcomics for the sake of being silly

I never want to lose what I have finally found
    There's a requiem
    A new congregation
    And it's telling me: go forward and walk
    Under a brighter sky
    -- Delerium, Euphoria --

((Don't worry about being an experienced rper; most orgs centered on rp don't have any sort of requirement for experience and most rpers are more than happy to help you out. Some orgs do have different levels of staying in-character that they require, but that's about it. Above all, have fun! ))
    Janella "Nevver" McCallagher
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»
    Why settle for less when you can oppress?

"First get your facts; then you can distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain
    "Nevver: Like the thing that hides in your closet. But worse." - Gueve

Also known as...
    Jacquelynn "Kaitakait" Moscardelli
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

(It's pretty easy to pick up on. A lot of RP can simply be you..RPing yourself in a sci-fi setting. You don't have to get real extravagent with personality changes to be a decent RPer)
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.