Thread: BrontoBill of Section 4 disappears (Event on RK2)

Exclamation BrontoBill of Section 4 disappears (Event on RK2)

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE : CLAN LEADERS MEET IN REET RETREAT, BrontoBill of Section 4 disappears.

Tir, 26/11/01

On Saturday November 24th, Reet Retreat saw the assembly of RubiKa 2’s unaffiliated clan leaders, trying to forge a unified stance towards the Council of Truth and peace negotiations as announced by chairman Radiman. The meeting reaffirmed the clans in their position against the amnesty, but agreed on giving Mr. Radiman the time to at least commence negotiations with Mr. Ross. After long an heated debate, the assembly took leave, assigning Section 4's BrontoBill as their intermediate chairman.

Matters turned into tragedy, however, after the assembly dispersed. LuckyNuke, Director of Section 4, explains: "Shortly after we left Reet Retreat, Mr. Bill complained about his not feeling well. Knowing him for the stout and sturdy Atrox he his, I was quite surprised at this statement. However, strange nanofluctuations around his head assured me that something was wrong. Seconds later Mr. Bill collapsed to the ground and died." Mr. Nuke continues to explain that he immediately sought contact with Mr. Bill. "On not hearing from Mr. Bill, I immediately set pace towards Reet Retreat, where we had been so fortunate as to renew our Gen Insurance prior to the assembly. I was, however, much surprised to find the Recovery Booth out of order!?"

This mysterious event has sent shock and disbelief through the ranks of Section 4. Mr. Nuke: "We have no idea what happened to Mr. Bill. More than 2 days have passed, and we have heard nothing from either Mr. Bill or whoever caused his disappearance. After speaking publicly on the Amnesty in Wartorn Valley, and taking his responsibilities before the assembly of Clans, we were aware that Mr. Bill would become a target for InterOps. We could not, however, imagine that his safety on Clan Territory would be compromised. We call on all clansmen and guilds to aid us in the retrieval of BrontoBill!" On the question whether this would shatter the fragile cease-fire between OmniTek and the Clans, Mr. Nuke answered: "It is too early to jump to conclusions yet. We need to retrieve Mr. Bill and find out who is responsible before we can take action. However.. should we find that Mr. Ross is in any way tied to this..." At this point, Mr. Nuke lashed out with his hand and carbonized a passing Reet. It is clear that this tragic event has once more widened the gap between Clan and OmniTek.

Harry F. Teller for The Newland Times

(join the search party, send an email to Section4@mail.com and we'll provide ye with full details)

SEARCH FOR BRONTOBILL UNCOVERS TAMPERING WITH RECLAIM BOOTH.

Four days after the mysterious disappearance of BrontoBill and his appointment as intermediate spokesman of the Assembly of Unaffiliated Clans, a search party has discovered a first clue as on how the executive of Section 4 vanished.

Clansmen and women gathered in Tir after Section 4 called out for help in their search for Mr. Bill, with several unaffiliated clansmen joining members from Pakk, Freedom's Edge and Velvet. It was the Nanotechnician Tanghil from Pakk who first discovered how this tragedy started near Reet Retreat itself. Upon reinspecting the security infrastructure of the building, Tanghil stumbled upon an old drunkard, who muttered something about the Reclaim Booth being broken. After questioning the man, and offering him a considerable amount of liquor, Tanghil heard how an undisclosed employee of G.I.S. (Genetic Insurance Services) had been working on the booth during the assembly. The old man only remembered that the man wore bright blue clothes and that the Booth had been malfunctioning ever since.

A second and peculiar occurrence caught the attention of the search party as they reentered Tir. A shady figure called Meths offered a Krutt shotgun marked B.B. for sale. The party quickly arranged a meeting in The Happy Rebel. After bribing Mr. Meths with both credits and stims, he revealed having found the shotgun in Newland City, near the Terrace Cafe. The party quickly hasted itself towards Newland City, but found the Terrace Cafe empty. However, members of Velvet entering the Neuter’ Us bar reported a G.I.S. employee present. Superadministrator Bricko of G.I.S., however, was less than cooperative and dandily refused all bribes and advances by women in the party. Much to their dismay, however, Bricko did take a fancy of several men in the party. After cunning praise and some dancing loosened the man's tongue, he did reveal who the employee in bright blue colors was and where he could be found. As the man in question would not be reachable before Monday, the party dispersed.

Section 4 wishes to thank the members of Velvet, Pakk, Freedom's Edge and all other clansmen for their help. All who wish to participate in the next search for Mr. Bill; the search party will assemble Monday 3/12 at 22.00 hours CET at the Tir Grid Entrance (RK2).

Harry F. Teller for the Newland Times
    More info: Section4@mail.com

Comments:

The second episode in our event will start on Monday 3/12, 21.30 hours CET at the Tir Grid Entrance. As this episode will require usage of the Grid, and possibly some combat, we advice you not to take characters below level 20. For those who can't attend all episodes or have the nagging su****ion they missed a clue, we invite you all to use the Section 4 forums to exchange information (http:\\go.to\section-4).

We hope to see you all soon, and let's get Billy home!

Budhard for Section 4 on RubiKa 2
    Section4@mail.com

HARRY F. TELLER INTERVIEWS BRONTOBILL

Greetings,

This small interview between Harry F. Teller and BrontoBill from Section 4 was taken shortly after his release some 2 weeks ago and concludes our 2-episode event on RK2. As you might have noticed, our second episode was seriously tampered by the loginservers going down - we wish to thank all that that helped us in retrieving poor ol' Bill despite those problems. We hope to see other guilds starting intrigues on RK2 soon, and we're always ready to help out...

Be safe out there,

Budhard for Section 4 on RubiKa 2
    Section4@mail.com

HARRY F. TELLER INTERVIEWS BRONTOBILL

As I passed through the big doors that separated Baboons’ from Omni Entertainment, I noticed myself wondering at the location BrontoBill had picked for our rendezvous. But then I recalled this very Atrox being abducted clean out of Clan Territory without apparent trouble - an Omni City would be as safe as any other place. Besides, this building had played a major part in the rescue of the old trader. It was at Baboons’ that the rescue party met up with Rabazz, a shady moneylender that finally opened the door to BrontoBill’s retrieval.

I couldn’t resist inspecting the doorway as I entered, but the cities’ scavengerbots had done their work. No trace was left of Rabazz’ assassination – now 2 days ago - on these stairs. I crossed the dance floor and made out to the antechamber my host had indicated. Several of Bill’s clansmen - all decked out in black coats - lingered in the hall, their hand frisking nervously on an arsenal of weaponry that could lay the entire club to waste. I didn’t feel much safer….

At the end of the room a big, bearded figure rose, and I finally stood face to face with the character that had kept the clans on their toes for more than 2 weeks. I had been present when BrontoBill addressed the clans in Wartorn Valley, and after putting an ultimatum to both the Council and Philippe Ross, I wasn’t surprised to hear of his disappearance. I had been surprised about other matters, though. At the rhetorical skill of this creature - originally brewed to work in mines - and at his ability to keep even the most belligerent clans in check. But one couldn’t challenge the powers that be and expect nothing to happen. Somehow, I was sure the quiet figure with the faded smile in front of me would agree.

Teller : Mr. BrontoBill, first, may I congratulate you on your safe escape. What exactly happened?
    BrontoBill : From what my companions told me the Reclaim Booth at Reet Retreat, where I took my last insurance, was modified in order to rerout my DNA-patterns upon resurrection. Somehow I got poisoned and I woke up in medical facility. I was held there for a week and subjected to many unpleasant experiments.

Teller : Do you have any idea who these people were, and what they wanted?
    BrontoBill : They said no word to me, but it is my understanding that they tried to create a clone. They all had masks and clothes that looked very Omnish, but with all markings removed. There was also a strange, clicking sound at times.

Teller : Clone?
    BrontoBill : Yes, I saw glass tubes with floating debris that looked unpleasantly much like me. I did hear one of my captors say that the process wasn’t compatible with my DNA-structure, causing me to die rather painfully. Ironically, this also enabled my escape.

Teller : I was told you were resurrected out of confinement?
    BrontoBill : Yes, my clans mates organized several rescue attempts. Upon learning about the reclaim booth, they were able to track down the nanotechnician responsible for the tampering. It turned out his daughter had been abducted as to force the man into obedience. The clans set out to liberate the girl and eventually succeeded – unfortunately with many deaths on their account. After this, the nanotechnician restored the original data link. Upon my next untimely death, I resurrected back at Reet Retreat. It seems there is some truth in the phrase ‘Death will set one free.’

At his point, BrontoBill’s face produces a faint smile and he hands me a tray filled with drinks. I cannot fail to notice how his hand shakes when he grabs a can of Reet Beer. I realize that the Atrox is not going to tell me of the apparent horrors he experienced, and decide to move on.

Teller : You have made quite an entry onto the political scene. For our readers, who is BrontoBill?
    BrontoBill : (agitated) Mr. Teller, when you read a good book, do you care about the paper it is printed on? Your readers are not interested in BrontoBill or Section 4. It is the message that counts, not the messenger. May I ask you a question, Mr. Teller? What kills men?

Having served in the armed forces for more than 2 decades, the answer came before I could point out that I was supposed to ask the questions.

Teller: Well… massive and sudden disruption of vital bodyparts…
    BrontoBill: (fast) That, Mr. Teller, is what kills a man. But men, like in mankind, perish by lack of action. Indecision, atrophy, irresolution. Our address to the clans was not an open act of war, as some claim, but an effort to put our people into action.

Teller: But Radiman himself compared Section 4 with Red Freedom in his latest statement.
    BrontoBill: Yes… Henry Radiman (long pauze). We do not seek war, Mr. Teller. Our goal is clear… we seek lasting peace through a freely elected government. We do not oppose the Council as we recognize that their current actions could be a step closer towards that goal. We will, however, not allow the clans to be brought to a position in which they can no longer oppose OmniTek and what it stands for.

At this point, a young woman carrying two enormous swords enters the rooms and whispers briefly to a Nanomage. He signals briefly and in a flurry of cloaks and movement the clanners disperse. It is clear this meeting has come to an end.

Teller: Mr. Bill, anything else you would like to share with our readers?
    BrontoBill: (hesitant) One thing, Mr. Teller, but even now am I not sure whether is wise to speak of this. (thinks briefly) I was not the only captive in the facility; there were many others there, though I only saw one of them long enough to recognize him. He was brought in a few days after my abduction, Wednesday the 28th, I believe. That man, Mr. Teller, was Henri Radiman...

As the Atrox is pushed out of the room by his guards, realization comes to me in shock and disbelief…

Teller: BrontoBill, are you saying Henry Radiman was replaced by a clone?
    BrontoBill: (turns around and whispers) I am saying, Mr. Teller, that at this point I can’t even vouch for myself.

Seconds later I am alone in the largest party hall on RubiKa 2, with only the companionship of countless questions to dance on the grave of a fragile alliance.

Harry F. Teller, for the Newland Times on RubiKa 2.