An historic agreement, known as the "Athens Accord" will
    be signed by clan Opposing Force, and Division9 (OT), as well
    as a couple of other Clans, and hopefully, some other factions
    of OT.

Our clan, and Division9, believe in peace and freedom for
    ALL citizens of Rubi-Ka! We are willing to look past the dividing
    lines of Clan/OT to strive for a better life, for ALL of our brothers
    and Sisters.

Today, will be a day written into the history books, for generations of Rubi-Kans to look back and smile upon.

Good Day,
    Zardosz
    Opifex/Trader
    member-OpposingForce-RK-1

hehe ur too late,i've already posted

D'OH!

man...you must have posted while I was typing, lol!

This forum was empty when I started that post

Zardosz/TaohJones

hehe np

Thewanderer OpFor Member

Smile

Here Here!

A toast! To peace for all of Rubi-Ka!

*edited due to lack of spell check*
    Last edited by Blyzzard; Nov 15th, 2001 at 20:56:13.
    ------------------------------------------------
    General Blyzzard
    Division 9
    Strat Ops
    -----------------------------------------------

Thumbs up Athens Accord

Congrats to Clan OpFor and Division 9 for accomplishing more than our the politicians have thus far - but be forewarned, there are those who shall disrupt and dishonor any accords not for the sake of justice or freedom but for the sake of anarchy or revenge. But this anarchy was coming anyways, it becomes a question on whether we face it alone or together.

And for those Omni who feel that supporting the clans runs contrary to Corporate well being - there are some historic truisms you must understand. War and Anarchy run contrary to profit, deficit spending occurs to support any kind of war effort or even "police" action. This diminishes our profit margin and lowers the return for our investors. Also, unhappy and bitter workers or those meerly stressed out by labor strife [even those 100% loyal to omni] become less productive, much so. This again raises medical and sick leave costs, and again reduces the profit margin. Keep workers relatively stress free, happy and productive - and they will pay off in income per worker big time. Enlightened self-interest based capitialsm, learn it - love it. As long as the "rebel" clans pay their fair share - let them have their northern zones. Let them pay the liability claims of disgrunteled miners, the insurance, ICC work safety compliants, surprise inspections and the complaints of abuse (and there will be, whether its deserved or not). Mining is a tough, dirty and dangerous business and always will be. Because of this many of us to sympathise with some of the grieviences of the clanners and wish to see this resolved and establish safe, equitable and profitable transit through all territories through Ruki-Ka for all it's citizens. Omni-Tek will become a stronger and more profitable corporation because of it.

The stipulations I would require of the "Council of Truth" is to somehow help defray the costs of ongoing Terra-Forming of the planet and to negotiate a *reasonable* percentage of Notum sales from the northern zones based on a permenant sub-lease from Omni-Tek. I believe there are no provisions against this in Omni's lease with the ICC. In the end, we both get what we want and quite frankly perhaps more. Any taxes or duties in the northern territories would be strictly between the Council of Truth and it's citizens. Omni would deal with the Council as the Corporate/Political level, Council would need to continue it's own policing and such - but we could conduct joint military ventures as possible. Well perhaps getting far to ahead of ourselves, the Athens Accord is the first step in a long process towards prosperity for all.

Omni-Tek is your friend,

Last edited by Avatarius; Nov 15th, 2001 at 22:15:41.

(cross post)

This is a ploy by Div9 to divide the Clans further amongst themselves. I have it from good sources that Div9 has broken it's own cease fire declaration by direct order of their leader and fired on unaggressive Clan members in the 2ho area.

The hypocracy here is evident. Div9 plans to lull as many Clans as possible into signing this accord in order to split the Clans down the middle and single out those Clans they can deem "true enemies". Once they have their signed list, the amnesty will be negated for all not on it and the remaining independents will be labeled as terrorists and enemies of peace.

Do not be fooled by the Corporation's supposed endeavor for peace. Remember why the Clans were formed, remember those who died and those who suffered in order to bring us this far. The Corporation has made no new concessions towards the rights and freedoms of the free citizens of Rubi-Ka. This amnesty and this accord are just devious attempts to placate the people of Rubi-Ka back into the corporate slavery we worked so hard to escape.
    Clan fixer, Fourth Title

Director of Information
    Analog Myth

(cross reply to Luxxan)

no it's not a ploy, it is one step closer to peace. I have personally got to know a few Div9 members and i know they see the same a clan OpFor : Peace, and this treaty is one small step closer to peace. We need to be a bit more friendly to OT(i read the log from the cyborg-Athen attack and i saw even though OT was HELPING us we spammed them with flames, shame)

Fools

Does anybody really believe this amnesty.
    Time will tell, Fools or Enlightened!

Be careful, we're all doomed so just die laughing.
    I laugh in the face of danger!.....From a safe distance of course.
    weredoomed
    Clan Fixer lvl 25 RK-1

If you want to give God a laugh, tell him your plans for the future

“A ploy”, I hear a voice in the crowd mutter. I wish.

I‘ve been there when the command came down to cease action against the Clan even as they kill one Omni after another. For the sake of the peace I’m told, we stared our enemy in face. Unable to attack…, no, defend ourselves until one of us fell from a bullet ripping into their body. The faces of my friends as they slipped into death are burnt into me. They have become me.

But I stand and face our enemy, and do not fire. For I am Omni and we believe in order and command.

I have patience. The rebels will break the peace, I’m sure. Even as we protected their cities from the cyborgs, they could not resist calling for raids on our lands. Their guards shot at us as we shot to protect them.

So yes, the rebels will break the peace, and we will have our revenge.

I was in Athen on that day. I died my share of times defending the hard-won city of the Clans. The Omni were there only to defend what they hope will soon be theirs again, if this accord is not stopped. Their patronizing actions were more than likely just an attempt at minimizing the property damage of the soon to be restored Omni-2. We did not need them that day. We forced the Corporation from the second largest city on the planet; we can certainly hold it from a disorganized horde of cyborgs.

It disheartens me that there are some members of the Clans which are rolling over so quickly. Just reading the utter misinformation and mistaken conclusions in the most recent Voice of Freedom editorial makes me wonder how some of us can give up with such ease. Have you forgotten the thousands of years of oppression and slavery under Corporate law? Have you forgotten your friends and family who died at the hands of an Omni-Tek drone, had their insurance wiped, or had their homes destroyed? Have you forgotten the generations who toiled and suffered in the notum mines just to increase the profit of another Corporate executive?

I praise the brave Clan members who set out that night to strike into the heart of the Corporation and attack the Headquarters. This gives me hope that not all in the Clans are so deluded that they cannot see through the Corporate scheming. The message to Omni-Tek should be clear: We do not believe your empty promises and useless documents. You are not safe hiding behind your politics and magnanimous actions. The Clans are strong and we remember. And we will fight.
    Last edited by Luxxan; Nov 15th, 2001 at 23:37:38.
    Clan fixer, Fourth Title

Director of Information
    Analog Myth

Thank you Luxxan, for it is your type that will give me what I want. Nothing will ever change your mind and we will be at war. Strange as it may seem, but in this respect we are on the same side.

But before you get on you high horse, remember that Omni owns this planet. It is our organization that makes it possible to reap the benefits of nano technology. You or your ancestors came here looking for a better life. No one was forced to come. Now that you realize that terraforming is hard work, you want to quit. Worse than that, you want to steal from its rightful owners what has already been created.

If you don’t like the place then leave. You are no better than extortionist trying to muscle your way in. It’s time for you to grow up and get a job.
    Last edited by Crin; Nov 16th, 2001 at 00:25:39.

some people will never learn...

Quoted from Luxxan:
    "I have it from good sources that Div9 has broken it's own cease fire declaration by direct order of their leader and fired on unaggressive Clan members in the 2ho area. "

"Good sources?" Would you care to provide any further proof other than what any court-of-law would immediately throw out as hearsay?
    I am a member of R.S.G.E. (Division9). A proud member, because we work to restore PEACE to Rubi-Ka.
    You argue that Omni-Tek personnel assisted in the defense of Athen for our own personal interests. Well, I freely admit that our personal interests happen to be restoring peace and unity to this world.
    Also, by your own arguement, you are saying that Clan members assisted Omni in the defense of a base in Avalon for their own personal interests, and not out of any desire to unite in the face of a common foe.
    Just out of curiousity, where would you be now without our help in Athen? Without our insurance terminals? Without our resurrection points? Without our Grid? Without our Whompas?

"The Corporation has made no new concessions towards the rights and freedoms of the free citizens of Rubi-Ka."

What is the Amnesty and cease-fire, then? We offer you the chance to rejoin us in making Rubi-Ka a better home for all. And you slap us in the face with your gauntlets, challenging us every day. The cease-fire is broken on an hourly basis. I admit, it is not just the Clans that continue the conflict, but Omni-Tek personnel as well. There are two sides to everything. Not everyone wants peace. Some people have known nothing but war, and war is all they want. All they want is constant conflict, death, carnage, slaughter, murder, suffering, anger, and hate. I pity those who have nothing but hate for a shell of a soul.

"The message to Omni-Tek should be clear: We do not believe your empty promises and useless documents. You are not safe hiding behind your politics and magnanimous actions."

Who is "we?" Who stands with you on this statement? Do you stand alone in your hate?
    And have you done anything "magnanimous" of late? Or do you just choose to continue to throw fuel on the fire?

In short, as I sais, there are those on both sides who want nothing but war. It is all they know, and considering how many times they have died for what they know, "you can't teach a dead leet new tricks."
    For all our sakes, I hope I am proven wrong about that.

Because war only ends in death, not life.
    Captain Edmundo "Lohengrin" Bolieu
    Assistant to the Medical Chief of Staff
    R.S.G.E. (Division9), Medical Services

This planet is leased, not owned, by the Omni-Tek corporation from the ICC. According to ICC stipulations, citizens of a planet run by a corporation are normally given autonomous freedom after 5,000 years of inhabitance. Due to the underhanded notum monopoly of Omni-Tek, the ICC was forced to allow an extension of the normal system lease time from 5,000 to 30,000 years. Omni-Tek has apparently taken this to mean that the inhabitants of Rubi-Ka have given up their rights as individuals for the entire 30,000 year span, which is completely untrue and unacceptable.

The ICC contract also clearly indicates that free citizens and employees of other hypercorporations have the right and privledge to settle on the planet of Rubi-Ka.

The Clans of Rubi-Ka represent a movement by individuals throughout the galaxy to fight for our rights to freedom and independence. A 30,000 year control of a system without reapplication is unprecedented in the history of the ICC and it is our duty as free citizens to stand up for and defend the rights which Omni-Tek has taken from the people of Rubi-Ka. Many of you may have willingly signed away your lives on an Omni-Tek application, but many of us did not, and Omni-Tek has no authority to further enslave us or our families. This is our home and we plan to defend it.
    Clan fixer, Fourth Title

Director of Information
    Analog Myth

By your own account the ICC has sanctioned the extended rule of the Omni-Tek corporation. For you to ignore that speaks truer than any words you can say. A solution won’t be acceptable until it meets your approval.

What of compromise? What of law? Do those concepts mean nothing to you? If you have a grievance, settle it by the law, not the gun. It amazes me that I, one who is supposedly on the side of greed and tyranny, have to lecture you about being civilized. It would truly sadden me if I still cared, but of course I don’t.

We both know that the time will come where words will be worth little. Actions and death will be the only currency that matters. It frightens me how I await that time. I should not want it that much. I hear your words and it boils my blood, only to be cooled with anticipation of your final silence.

It's unfortunate that so many clanners have been lulled into ill-fated optimisim in the face of Omni-Tek treachery.

The Amnesty is nothing but a ploy against the clans and neutral citizens of Rubi-Ka. Publicly, they offer forgiveness for our "crimes" against their oppressive and destructive regime, and all the while they continue to clandestinely attack us whenever and whereever they can.

As we counterattack or defend ourselves against Omni-Tek aggression, we will be accused of breaking this so-called cease fire, and Omni-Tek will find the excuse it is looking for to institute an armed locked-down of all contested neutral areas and bring in reinforcements from off-world.

And now they offer us peace? At what price?

I urge all clan and neutral citizens to take a hard look at our history and at what you already know about Omni-Tek's record of abuses and exploitation. Can Omni-Tek ever be trusted to keep their word? Not when profit is at stake ...

Reject the Athen Accord as a misguided effort towards a premature peace, and continue your fight for freedom and liberty.

Tricia50, Opifex Fixer

Thoughts

Salutations and Greetings.

My name is Lyda Carnalla. I am very new member of R.S.G.E. (Division 9), I am specifically assigned to the Emergency Medical Response unit. I would like to comment some things I have seen written here.
    A. The recent defense of Athens, and they cyborg meance. To the gentlebeing stating that Omni-Tek employees respond only in the hope of preserving that which we intend to retake. While I am not by any means a "power" or such in either Omni-Tek, nor R.S.G.E.. I do know that at the time of the attack my chief medical officers summoned all EMR medics to athens. The Directive was "Heal everyone! Save lives!" This order was carried out by myself and the other EMTs as best we were able, I did not take the time to see who my patient was. I did not take the time to check so see if they had insurance. I did not ask for payment of my services. I DID heal everyone and anyone I could reach. After the Heroic Defence by humans against the machine, I returned to Omni-HQ to rest, wash, and take stock of my remaing supplies. 10 mins later I was killed by a clan member.
    Will I take up arms and hunt the one who killed me down? (and yes I do know his name) NO! my Command Staff has stated that we shall not fight clan except in defense of our own lives and to protect the innocent.
    B. To the lady that saw us armed last night at the signing of the accords, I response with only that both side had many armed people at that gathering (and one person in polka dot skivies...shudder). Did you see the Clan snipers on the roof tops give over watch to the event?
    C. Some have said look to history to see what will come next. To this rubic I say do you judge me by the actions of my forefathers or by my actions? On Terra eons ago one race repressed another, yet in time all the people learn to live as one, can not we the people of Rubi-Ka not learn from this same lesson?

Lyda Carnalla, EMT
    R.S.G.E (Division 9)
    Medical Services Department

Thumbs down blah blah

This is a load of CRAP!
    Peace weith the ot will not happen aslong as I'm around!!
    And im pretty sure ALOT of ppl will back me up!

Please understand, unlike many of my brethren, I do not hold any hate in my heart for the employees of the Corporation. In fact, I pity them more than even the most destitute free citizen, because at least that free citizen has the right to choose his path. Last night's signing of the Accords was indeed a shock to me, because when confronted with the basic truths of their Omni-Tek contracts, even Barzillai himself said "we do this as citizens, not members of Omni-Tek or the clans."

I cannot believe that the Corporation would let such acts of blatant free choice go unpunished. I urge all Corporation employees who participated in last night's event and who believe in freedom and liberty to come to our side and come quickly. I cannot believe that the Corporation will let such dissidents exist one day past what use they hold for this amnesty manipulation. I have seen Omni-Reform in action as have many of you and I do not wish that on even my greatest foe.
    Clan fixer, Fourth Title

Director of Information
    Analog Myth

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast