Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Athens Accord

With Omni-Tek, profit is all.

In my mind, the only reason Omni-Tek would allow such apparent insubordination would be because it would profit from it. Whether this is a ruse orchestrated by Omni-Tek or the actions of a breakaway few, the end result is the same: the Omni-Tek "amnesty" seems more valid, Omni-Tek is seen as supporting a peace process, and the legitmate grievances of the rebel clans and neutral citizens will continue to go ignored.

There can be only two possible reasons those Omni-Tek employees are not at this moment imprisoned: the corporation is tolerating their disenssion and using them for its own ends, or they are acting duplicitously as agents of deceit on behalf of Omni-Tek.

If it is the former, I urge them to join us in the fight for freedom and justice while they still can. Use this "amnesty" against Omni-Tek by leaving their clutches while it is still in effect.

If is is the latter ... I let them know that the rebel people will not rest until every last soul on Rubi-Ka is free.

Much was made of Radiman's supposed support of this Athen Accord at last night's dog and pony show ... why then have we heard no official word from the Council of Truth?

I urge all my fellow rebels, and every citizen who wishes to draw free breath into their lungs, to reject this Athen Accord out of hand and call on the Council of Truth for immediate answers.

Though I support the Council of Truth and the unity it represents, we have too long been blind pawns ... I am beginning to wonder if Portman and her forces are not the more legitimate representatives of rebel interests.

I direct this statement towards Henry Radiman and the Council of Truth: you must act at once to ensure the continued unity of the clans. You must give us some sign of your continued involvement in our struggle for freedom. The clans are even now splintering into internecine rivalries. Give us direction and purpose before we lose yet more ground.

Tricia50, Opifex fixer

Quoted from Tricia50:
    "There can be only two possible reasons those Omni-Tek employees are not at this moment imprisoned: the corporation is tolerating their disenssion and using them for its own ends, or they are acting duplicitously as agents of deceit on behalf of Omni-Tek. "

Perhaps you have overlooked the third, true reason:
    That we genuinely want peace and unity. That we are being honest in this matter. That Chairman Philip Ross is forthright in his proposal of amnesty. That perhaps you have lived in anger and hate for too long that you cannot see the truth in front of you, but must look for lies behind you.
    A truly sad case of being unable to see the forest because the trees are in the way.

Remember, Omni-Tek under Philip Ross is not the Omni-Tek you knew.
    We want peace.

And you speak of the "cost" for this amnesty. The price of peace, is simply to stop fighting.
    Captain Edmundo "Lohengrin" Bolieu
    Assistant to the Medical Chief of Staff
    R.S.G.E. (Division9), Medical Services

The very language you use is offensive to the rebel clans. Amnesty? Amnesty implies there is a crime to be forgiven, and what crime have the rebels committed? Fighting to get the boot off of our necks? The destruction of the chains and shackles you use to bind us? The creation of a free city, Athen, from the prison that used to be called Omni-2?

It is Omni-Tek who ought to be seeking amnesty from the rebels, and not the other way around. You offer us nothing we are not prepared to take by whatever force necessary. You promise us peace, but deliver only slavery.

I suggest that you rebels take it while you can get it. For abusing it like this will just make things a lot worse. How about you stop assaulting or base in Stret East Bank? or Stop assaulting our notum launchers in Clon****? Oh, no... that's too much to ask, sorry.

You consitently tell us how evil OMNI-Tek is, but how many clanners are in our Lush Fields or Plesant Meadows? Too many for my tastes, bleh!

Each day I see more and more clan LEECHES in OMNI zones. You do not pay tribute to Phillip ross... but you come to participate in our marketplace? Bleh again!

You should have stayed in the mines where you belonged... a long time ago. For now you're going to really, really regret it. The clans breaking this peace offering is more proof than any reasonable many needs that WAR is what the rebels want. Not peace.

Mege
    M.O.T.H.E.R.

Arrow I have remained silent long enough...

First... Avatarius...thank you for your wise words. The Athens Accord is the hope and dream of all who live here on this planet -- clan, neutral or Omni. This agreement will allow for those who hold dear the people and resources of this place, so as to protect them from the threat of an outside "taker". The ICC is watching our every move -- all of us. They can take from us what they leased to us at any time were we to break their rules....

This is one step that we at Division9 (as well as the other signing parties) feel is a step towards securing the ability to work together to build up this planet's economy and prosperity.

Now Luxxan, you seem to have an issue with this agreement because it involves Omni-Tek. Frankly, this agreement is something that Chairman Ross should be hoping will happen so as to avoid a war. If a war does happen it will throw us into turmoil, production will come to a halt and the ICC will sweep in and take us out of control. We all have a common interest here...Rubi-Ka!

Tricia, you were at the signing and I value your input, however, your viewpoint is rather tainted. You are clan and yet you oppose peace? Is that not contradictory? You fight for freedom and peace...and yet when it is made available through a partnership (that might I add was a mutually cooperative creation) like the Athen Accords you turn your nose up at it.

Look beyond the present...not all Omni-Tek are like those in the Black Alliance. Some, like Div9, Titan Mining and SkyTek (to name just three) are interested in a LOGICAL SOLUTION to Rubi-Ka's conflict...this will take time and effort, this we know, but we are willing to sacrifice what it takes to do that.

I thank all that support this work and who attended this event...it was truly the dawning of a new era on Rubi-Ka. My prayer is that it continues...
    Last edited by Barzillai; Nov 17th, 2001 at 10:52:08.

"There will be no amnesty for crimes against humanity or against our planet.
    There are no innocents.
    Omnni tek is guilty for their slavery and cruelty.
    The clans are guilty for being colaborators in the treacherous
    peace talks, and for giving in to propaganda.
    The neutrals are guilty for their cowardly refusal to help
    fight the oppressors.
    There will be no amnesty; There will be no peaceuntil this planet is clean of the omni tek scourge.

Ashes to ashes, dust to dust.

"The clans are guilty for being colaborators in the treacherous
    peace talks, and for giving in to propaganda."

Ah, but whose propaganda?

P.S. (OOC) Sorry, but I have to say it:
    You forgot the last line of that quote, "um, is this thing on?"
    Last edited by Lohengrin; Nov 18th, 2001 at 00:02:33.
    Captain Edmundo "Lohengrin" Bolieu
    Assistant to the Medical Chief of Staff
    R.S.G.E. (Division9), Medical Services

While Division 9 seems to be off the battle field (I have NEVER seen even one of them try to step into battle. too scared I assume)

Opposing force continues to do it.

This is an obvious way for both guilds to get their names in the "papers" for doing something so worthless it's funny.

Remember, you are not the diplomatic branch of Omni-Tek...

So don't try to make steps like this, and don't even expect the other factions to support this.

That's fine that a "Carebear" guild calls for peace... you were never going to fight.

Opposing force contiues to pvp... and Division 9 continues to hide from pvp.

Can anyone smell FAILURE? I CAN!

Post Liberty over Tyranny

“I will let no man so belittle my soul as to make me hate them” ~ an ancient human wisebeing

And so those of omni-tek are not so much hated by me and others of the clans, but rather pitied for their utter inability to comprehend the meaning of a real life outside their encapsulated corporate excuse of an existence.

This so-called accord is rejected entirely, in principle and in fact.

I question whether a division of the corporation can even ratify a purchase request let alone a document purporting to uphold the sovereignty of the signatories.

Wherein an entity rules every facet of a given soul, as omni-tek does in the case of all corporate drones under their aegis, this entity has a universal obligation to acknowledge itself as merely a corporation. This entity is not a government with accrued powers thereto derived from the consent of those governed. Free peoples must institute and establish such a form to govern and seek for them the liberties and freedoms enjoyed universally by free peoples everywhere; a government of the people, by the people and for all sentient beings of Rubi-ka.

The usurpations and absolute tyranny that is omni-tek must be thrown off by all free thinking beings of Rubi-ka by right and duty. Instituted in the capacities of government shall be one that derives its entire legitimacy from the full consent of the governed.

Respectfully,

Noemie
    Co-chair, True Sisters of Liberty
    Athen, Rk1
    noemiecrat@yahoo.com

Well said, Noemie. The Corporate employees who participate in these acts of peace may mean well, but their naivety will not be our salvation. I hope, for their sake, they realize the gravity of their actions before it is too late. They will soon find their closest allies on both sides of this conflict turning on them.
    Clan fixer, Fourth Title

Director of Information
    Analog Myth

I, like all right thinking clanners, fight for freedom.

Not slavery, which OT offers us and calls "peace."

Not a stalemate, which these misguided clan leaders have effected by foolishly endorsing the so-called amnesty.

And not a return to the way things were, which this ridiculous accord threatens.

Today, a handful of clan leaders accepts a poison promise, out of foolishness or blind vanity. Tomorrow, OT will send troops "to ensure the peace." The day after, Athen reverts to OT hands and those brave warriors who liberated Omni-2 and rechristened it in the name of the ancient Earthly birthplace of democracy will be imprisoned. Taken to its logical conclusion, this amnesty, this accord, will ensure the loss of all we have fought so hard to accomplish.

FIGHT for freedom, clanners--Omni-Tek will not give it to you.

Dumacus posted:

"There will be no amnesty for crimes against humanity or against our planet.
    There are no innocents.
    Omnni tek is guilty for their slavery and cruelty.
    The clans are guilty for being colaborators in the treacherous
    peace talks, and for giving in to propaganda.
    The neutrals are guilty for their cowardly refusal to help
    fight the oppressors.
    There will be no amnesty; There will be no peaceuntil this planet is clean of the omni tek scourge.

Ashes to ashes, dust to dust."

He just forgot the most telling part of that quote: "Is this thing on?" ROFLMAO!
    ------------------------------------------------
    General Blyzzard
    Division 9
    Strat Ops
    -----------------------------------------------

The Athen Accords

I am loathe to jump into the fray -- I am not a soldier, but a diplomat, paper pusher, and spy -- but I must insist on defending the idea behind the Athen Accords.

President Davyn of Titan Mining has already eloquently laid out the legal framework on which these Accords stand, so I shall not endeavor to add too much to that statement. What I will repeat though is that these Accords are in the interests of the ICC, and are in no way inconsistent with the interests of that binding document. These Accords were planned with the ICC being used as a guiding document for the framework of this historic agreement.

Do not think that this document was created "blindly" without some level of understanding and input from our respective leaders. We did not create this document as a "rogue" collection of groups that do not answer to either Omni-Tek or the Council of Truth. There are a lot of things that went into this document that will not be revealed to everyone, but rest assured that this agreement was not simply put together without contact with the parties necessary to make it practical and worthwhile for the future.

Do not think that somebody like Omni-Interops for example are solely concerned with the clans, as there are a lot more pressing issues that could jeopardize the very existence of all parties on Rubi-Ka. The Athen Accords is a first step towards a process of peace and cooperation -- and a process that will need to move forward considerably for the dark times ahead.

Major Cristin "Kyndi" Cavasos
    ARES (Public Relations)
    R.S.G.E. [Division 9]
    ---1---13---7---9---14---5

"but I must insist on defending the idea behind the Athen Accords"

Hey, I support the idea behind the AA as well... in action it's a failure.

The clan signees have attacked Omni-Tek employees (unprovoked) and the Omni-Tek signees have commended them on those attacks.

That is not peace by any means, and it is traitorous.

If all guilds involved followed the AA it'd be a good document.

Since they don't... it's a failure.

Wait a minute...

Were all nations of the world involved in the Camp David Accords of ancient Earth? NO...two nations stepped out against the throngs of opposition that they knew they would face to forge a "framework" for peace in the Middle East.

Division9 and Opposing Force have done the same. Our hope, and it is coming to fruition, is that more organizations on both sides of the fence -- OT or Clan (and Neutral orgs as well) -- might join in this movement and help to secure the framework of peace on Rubi-Ka. It must start somewhere...with someone...the goal is that all will follow, eventually.

As for your quote that the Accords have failed due to the actions of members of the organizations. I have contacted Utildai of Opposing Force regarding the actions of a few "roguish" members of his organization who may use the Accords as an open opportunity to gank OT personnel. I have asked Utildai to speak with the member you mentioned to remind him of his responsibilities in regards to the Athen Accords. We are here to unify forces against the common threats to Rubi-Ka, internal and external. Those threats: the Cyborg situation, Red Freedom and The Black Alliance. The Accords are NOT a license for open ganking of OT or Clan personnel...

Open attacks on OT or Clan personnel, let me assure you, is not the goal of the document. If you have read it, you will see that it is a FRAMEWORK for peace on Rubi-Ka. Others will come to add thier portion to the document...and ultimately "the parties agree to negotiate in good faith with a goal of concluding within three months from the signing of the Framework a non-confrontation treaty between them."

Peace will take time and effort...but it can certainly not be reached if persons like yourself Captfallout seek to destroy it for your own personal reasons or issues.
    General Glenn "Barzillai" Craddock
    Founder & Co-President
    Division 9 RSGE
    ::Serving Omni-Tek::

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12