Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OOC: News from the ”Greenies”

Post OOC: News from the ”Greenies”

Hello everyone.
    I guess many of you don’t know me, and it doesn’t surprise me, as we in the Events Department usually work behind the scenes. My name is Tchu, and I’m the Director of the Events Department.

Because of the way we work, we can have hard times reciving feedback from player community on our work. Do you like it, hate it, do you want more of it, and if so, more of what? To correct this, we now have an email address where you can give us feedback on events you take part in or observe.

For feedback on events, send an email to events-feedback@ark.anarchy-online.com.

Now, while I’m still writing to you, I guess I should spend time on a few other things.

”Greenies”
    What is a “Greenie”? A “Greenie”, or more correctly an event character is any character in the game with a green name that is not an Advisor of Rubi-Ka (ARK) or a Genetic Manipulator (GM). Aside from ARK’s and GM’s, every character with a green name is an event character. This can be a normal citizen, a member of Omni-Pol, a reporter (Community Relations character), a member of the Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry, a criminal and any other role they play.

But whatever role they play, they will always be a citizen of Rubi-Ka or Shadowlands, and they will not have any knowledge of things outside the AO Universe. As so, they will always stay in character, in vicinity and in tells. This is one of the reasons why a “greenie” will not go OOC, not even in a private tell.

So what I would like to ask the player community is that you remember that and stay in character when you interact with an event character. It’s the only way you will get them to react.

Marriage?
    Is your character considering getting married? Or do you know anyone that is. The Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry (RKMR) provides wedding services for free. We have also done some changes in the rules for the RKMR.
    • Registrars will now do weddings on any weekday, not just on weekends
    • Can’t find a Registrar in ICC? Send them an email to wedding@ark.anarchy-online.com
    • From Oct. 6, the RKMR Registrars will also provide wedding services in Shadowlands.

Want to know more about the RKMR and the Registrars? Visit their web site. Remember, Registrars are “Greenies”, so try to stay in character. I know this can be hard at times, but here are a few things that might help when trying to arrange a time for a wedding.

• Date references: Rubi-Ka uses the same dates as we do, they’re just a “few” years into the future.
    • Time references: Rubi-Ka Standard Time (RKST) is the same as GMT/UTC. You can always get GMT ingame by typing /played.

I know the Registrars are looking forward to help you getting married, so find that special one out there, contact them and get married.

I hope this cleared up a few things, and remember; if anything happen that you feel everyone should know about, post it here on “The Buzz”. We keep our eyes on information posted here.

And last but not least. Yes, your actions do affect what we do. Mostly what you do during an event, but also what you post here can affect what happens in the future. So use the tools you got, stay in character and you can and will be one of the factors in the future of Rubi-Ka and Shadowlands.

And do you have questions, please post them below, and I will try my best to answer them, if I can.

Until next time… Have fun!

Best regards

Events Director Tchu
    Last edited by CJ; Feb 11th, 2004 at 02:09:52.

Woot! Thanks for all the hard work by the events team in recent weeks. It makes a real difference...and no 2 ways about it!
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

Tchu j00 roxx0r!

And dont forget about the secret *wink wink* at the "you know where", "you know when". *nudge nudge*

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21

Good job guys, and keep at it
    Many of us see the work you guys do above that of many others of you ilk. When others are crashing and burning around us, and things are a not working once more...we have those to enlighten, to entertain, to mistify us...and to utterly lead us astray. And whats worse, we love every minute of it
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

Couldn't have said it better, Nyadach .

HUGE w00tage to the events people for everything they do, and also for the recent Cyborg attack at the OP Barracks by Omni-1. It was absolutely awesome to participate in the battle, but what made is SO much more fulfilling was being able to retire to Baboon's afterwards with the Greenies for a full debriefing...you guys are awesome .

<(

Neat. Good work with the marriages...

Now if you guys could make it so that 'family' members can enter one apartment (without having to team with the 'owner' and having them enter first) this would be a huge gift (and makes it MUCH more realistic). Would be nice for Lemmy (Ylemae) to enter her home without having to have Don (Doncarnage - her father) be there to let her in.

Heh, okay, that was a bit off-topic =) Hee hee. I still have yet had time to meet around with you greenies though... I'll need to hunt one of you all down for an interview =p

Heck, if I can get an ARK don't think you guys are safe too!!!

)>
    Ylemae (6-10? years old):
    "Lemmy" (True name: Jiselle Waldram)
    Jennifer Matusz - Daughter to Don "Doncarnage" Matusz

Chelle "Crysallys" Dinnen (14 years old)
    Hayley Dinnen's Daughter
    Growth Accelerated as a Baby
    Born Dec 25, 29476 RST
    Trainee in Vector Blue

Indeed! Keep up the good work guys, you help keep this planet alive in a major way
    Anthony "Cogs" McDuff
    Veteran, Cerberus
    220 Supreme Creator : Master of Wheels...the lingerie modeling robot!

List...

<(

This may be asking alot... but...

Is there anyway you can give us a list of greenie names? Everyone knows the main two, Ross and Radiman... but what about the others? Second in commands, etc... are people like Director Zhen included within these greenies?

You may not be able to tell, I understand. But if we knew who actual people were in-game I think it could help with the rp atmosphere a bit.

Thanks for everything once again!

)>
    Ylemae (6-10? years old):
    "Lemmy" (True name: Jiselle Waldram)
    Jennifer Matusz - Daughter to Don "Doncarnage" Matusz

Chelle "Crysallys" Dinnen (14 years old)
    Hayley Dinnen's Daughter
    Growth Accelerated as a Baby
    Born Dec 25, 29476 RST
    Trainee in Vector Blue

Thank you, Tchu. I know the work you do is hard, and must be even harder when you can't OOC to the players. Now you have provided a way to do this, and this is a huge step in the right direction.

Thank you SO much for the time and love you and your team put into events, greenies and roleplay. It's hugely appreciated, even if we can whine at times .

All my respect,

Player of Lille

(( OOC, you guys in events are doing a great job, would love to see a whole lot of more events, but you guys are still doing an amazing job! Keep it up!))
    Nexeus Fatale
    Former GSP DJ
    website

Zane "Tharkael" Conmy

- "The secret to "the list" is that once you are on it, you automatically become Timelapse's and Regulas' chew toy."

((Tchu, wanna marry me?!

*coughs* Now errm, seriously... I know I have already written it somewhere, but well, it doesn't harm letting it be known again: thumbs up to all you ARKs, whether 'regular' ARKs (you know, the ones who have to deal with us and our daily petitions *lol*) or 'greenies', by the way... I don't have much experience of MMORPGS, apart from AO and some A Tale in the Desert, but it seems to me that the efforts put into this gaming world by the ARKS is all that simply amazing.

Also, thanks for the public explanation and the contact address! I'm sure that 'greenies' must be fed up with hearing "hey why U name is green, har-har?" regularly, so maybe it can help a little?

*smiles*))
    Jen Markarian - Put the weirdness back in Omni-Mining
    Updating my stories -- 19/03/08. Going slowly, but certainly
    Anarchy Reloaded - AO webcomics for the sake of being silly

I never want to lose what I have finally found
    There's a requiem
    A new congregation
    And it's telling me: go forward and walk
    Under a brighter sky
    -- Delerium, Euphoria --

Sticky, for information updates and responses. (sorry it took so long, RL is beating me with a stick lately)
    Retired ARK Xnemth

Good Job to all "Greenies" events, ARKs, GMs etc....
    Marylynn "Rauri" Kozar
    President Opposing Force 2002 - 2010

Raurie lvl 217 ***Doc
    Rauri lvl 215 for like EVER **Fixer
    Jedzia lvl 130 *MA
    Rorie lvl 129 *MP
    Just to name a few....
    ....... and 4 other "alt" accounts cause that's how I roll

Where can we find a schedule of online events? I never saw anything like this anywhere...

There is no schedule normally. You just have to be in right place at right time. The right place is never in a mission or some loot camp BTW....
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    -Whisper's Edge-

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

Good to see mention of the "Green people" and who they are and what they do
    NanoTek - "Better living through Nanotechnology!"

Rehashed bit of advice, change the name color of "Greenies" to something different so you don't look the same as greeters or petition related calls. Having a name color that indicated "EVENTS" would get a lot more positive reaction quickly IMO.

FC can change names to red or green, how about a name change for you to blue?
    Clan Elder of The Pilgrims

Originally posted by Sallust
    Rehashed bit of advice, change the name color of "Greenies" to something different so you don't look the same as greeters or petition related calls. Having a name color that indicated "EVENTS" would get a lot more positive reaction quickly IMO.

FC can change names to red or green, how about a name change for you to blue?
    Good idea. A new color for events would spark the eye and get more of the community involved I think.
    Zariken Level 201 Agent
    Member of Cognizance

In Memory of Ladimir

That is an outstanding idea. Would set RP ARKs off as different. Much less confusion I think.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    -Whisper's Edge-

Kissysuzuki -

Events! Yay!
    ~ CJ ~
    Formerly known as Timelapse

Certified AO Forum Freak!

~ Check out our old comics here! ~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast