Thread: ALT-TABing confuses the health/nano regenerating

Exclamation ALT-TABing confuses the health/nano regenerating

I don't know if this has been documented yet (4 pages of threads get a bit much to read)

It seems that when you are waiting to regen health and nano and you ALT-TAB the game (minizing it) your health and nano regenerate a lot faster.

I tested it out with one doctor character and in about 10 seconds I gained 4 health normally while sitting. When I ALT-TABed and waited for about 10 seconds before maximizing I found that I had gained 40 health while the game was minimized!

I just tried it 10 mins ago with nano regen and the same thing happends, but not as fast. It took about 29 seconds for 5 nano points to regen normally. After minimizing for 29 seconds I only gained 35 nano points.

I thought it was an exploit, but it seems that it's just my client getting confused. I tried to run nano progs after a supposed "quick nano gain" and it wouldn't let me even though by nano bar had enough points. Also, with the doctor I noticed my health dropped for no reason after the "quick health gain" about 5-10 minutes after I minimized. I guess it synced with the servers after a time.

Not a major problem, but if someone's resting in a mission and goes off to check the web for some info and comes back to find an erroneous full health bar...

Oh well, thought you might like to know.

Skexis

Hmm, it would be interessting to test if the hp/nano gain you see is "real" or if its just a visual glitch on the client...

A similar bug tho can be found with rez sickness, /terminate then alt-tab out of the game, come back half an hour later and you'll still be in rez...
    Basher Tarr, Engineer, and damn proud of it!

(really)