Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Invitation to clan and neutral parties interested. [IC]

Arrow Invitation to clan and neutral parties interested. [IC]

Dear citizens of Rubi-Ka,

The attacks by both Clans and Omni forces on major cities such as Tir, Omni-Entertainment, Athens, Rome have been growing in frequency and scale. My concern for the well being of the citizens grow as the threat of war looms near. At the moment the Clans retain their freedom and Omni-Tek their notum export. If a war breaks out the potential loss of life can be staggering. There are many third parties watching the planet not includeing Sol Banking and the Dust Bridage that have went into hideing. When we are both weak and weary from our own conflict those parties can swoop in and take everything. In that case, we will both lose.

There are rogue elements on both sides that are slowly narrowing our leader's options to war. If you or your organization's leader do not wish to see Omni-Tek and the Clans go to war the time to act is now. I wish to meet with you to disscuss what courses of action we can take to try and prevent it from takeing place. Mutual annhilation is not the only solution and we must let the people know that.

I would like to meet the interested parties in three days(April 10th) at 23:00 GMT at the Happy Rebel in Tir. I will come alone and unarmed. Trust is something that we must establish if we are to work towards peace and I will entrust my safety to you.(Clans)

Sincearly,
    Charles "Kithrak" Houston
    President of Red Tape

OOC Note: Neutral/Clan parties are also welcome. Omni-Tek organizations interested can contact me in private and we can arrange for a meeting.
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston - Equipment
    Administrator, Omni-Admin
    Bringing the politics of Rubi-Ka to life!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

A bold step for peace. I commend you Mr. Houston. I am afraid I will not be able to attend but I think that all clanners who are not the warmongering terrorists like the Dust Brigade should attend, even if they do not completely agree with peace, merely to see that there are at least a few OmniTek employees who are intelligent and peaceful.
    Bliqz: "anything Uwen says is a vicious and ugly lie"

One more chance....

[OOC]
    14.0 patch forced me to reinstall AO completely so I was unable to make it on time. However, I sent a friend to check the area and apparently noone is there. I will offer one more chance tomorrow when my AO is working for sure. On 4/11/02 at 22:00 GMT Happy Rebel in Tir.

I'm dissappionted that there really are no clanners out there that are interested in RP that dosen't revolve around pvp and combat?
    [/OOC]

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

I didn't hear about this earlier, but I will be there, for the sake of it. I will also try to drag along Solarax and possibly even Blyant.
    Aleksei "Zagadka" Garcia - Savior, Council Clerk
    Cindi "Razishlyat" Bolieu - Advisor Eternalist

No dragging necessary, count me in.
    Solarith- Level 220 Solitus Keeper - Defender Rank: Backer (20)
    Solarax - Level 189 Solitus Agent - Defender Rank: None (0)
    Solarize - Level 30 Solitus Doctor - Defender Rank: None (0)
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    Advisor Of Forsaken
    Former Editor-In-Chief
    AO Basher - all you needed...
    E-Mail : SolaraxGVRK@hotmail.com

Unhappy Would love to, but the time....

Hello. I am Szentasha, leader of Unity of the Rose. I find your cause worthy, and would like to meet you. [ooc] Unfortunately, the time of 22:00 is very bad for those in America, as most have not returned home from work by that time. [/ooc] I must confess though that our guild has more of a social mission, and are already working towards establishing friendships with Omni guilds. I feel that the people you need to reach our those that spread the rhetoric of hate on both sides.
    - Szentasha
    Leader of Unity of the Rose

AOScripter 2.0 If you need a script, you need AOScripter!

*** Remove Social Armor Restrictions Today !!!

I am definately interested in being there.

RSVP

One of the members of the guy family should be able to attend.

-The Guy Family

The Order of Chaos should be represented there as well

-Nodamp, General of OOC
    147 Mp Nodamp
    O_O i am king of faces!

Forevah eating forbidden popcorn! @_@
    Directions: go dis way ---->
    den dis way <----
    den dis way <-------> and see if u survive O_o

Heya MikesterG! x_O

Dey tink im funny...dey really do..dey also tink im insane, sick, wierd, and in need of more medicines than i take

Dun worry Guys! I can keel dis Ace easy! *sends Nodie*! o.o...um..guys...u know dat ace enforcer dat ju said not to mess wif?
    yeh, dat one..um...run pweez X_X

Can anyone tell me when the meeting is in central time?
    "Did you ever notice how in the Bible, whenever God needed to punish someone, or make an example, or whenever God needed a killing, he sent an angel? Did you ever wonder what a creature like that must be like? A whole existence spent praising your God, but always with one wing dipped in blood. Would you ever really want to see an angel?"

HA!

Peace.... like you omni even know what it means....
    To you peace must mean "call a truce and then attack everyone you meet on the opposite side and kill them." or better yet you could "make peace with us and try to be friendly and then when we are least expecting it you bring in massive troops from off planet..." Yeah.. that's peace...
    Don't worry Omni.. you'll get peace.... you can Rest in it.
    Dust to Dust
    Bayala
    President of Dust Brigade Ka 2

Hmmm..sounds like someone ate too many bronto burger and is experiencing a bad case of gas.I am a clanner and proud to be one,and no I do not trust Omni-Tek,nor do I trust the rantings of someone who most likely has the social skills of amoebic dissentary.Perhaps you should get a pr representative mister Dustbucket.
    "Did you ever notice how in the Bible, whenever God needed to punish someone, or make an example, or whenever God needed a killing, he sent an angel? Did you ever wonder what a creature like that must be like? A whole existence spent praising your God, but always with one wing dipped in blood. Would you ever really want to see an angel?"

Recordings of the meeting that took place can be found here. Unfortunately you will have to access an outside grid network due to the size constraints imposed on this one.

Sincearly,
    Kithrak

http://boards.stratics.com/php-bin/a...b=5&o=7&fpart=

I'm sorry to come out with such a negative attitude.

The peace rhetoric strikes me as careless and blind as the war rhetoric. After the first few minutes, I was first afraid of and then concerned for Auga, whose repeated pleas for you to leave were quite bluntly ignored. If THAT is the extent to which you will go to guarantee peace and harmony, sod it.

I will not go to war blindly. But should any group, especially but not limited to Omni-Tek, give me reason to, I will support my soldier comrades in fighting the good fight.

And this is the most peace you can ask for. Less terrorism and raiding towns and slaughtering guards and citizens - more attention to motives, more REASON behind our positions and actions.

War and peace are not things to be entered into blindly.

May the Clans remain wary,

I have read through the complete recordings and to be honest.. Auga seems to be mentally unstable. While Kithrak was in Tir with a peaceful speech, trying to reach clan members who dont want war, her only response was how evil Omni-Tek is, how she had to fire into a crowd a long time ago and apparently she was injured somehow and has now a mental disease. It is furthermore interesting to see that there are clan members who want peace, not the senseless slaughtering we are experiencing day by day on both sides. I will try to make it to the scheduled meeting of the peace supporters and see how it goes. If it shows that there are enough individuals who care and express their views peacefully without being disturing, I am sure that an official meeting can be arranged. However, we will see how it goes and whether or not it is feasible to go through the bureaucratic channels in Omni-Tek to get support from Omni Administration.

Until then, have a good day.
    Director "Meister"
    President, Omni-Pol
    Level 207 Omni-Tek Dictator
    Meister's Reinforced Suit - Bureaucrats may be gimps, but at least we know how to look good.
    Account Created: 2001-06-27 23:07:32

Of course Auga was a bit mentally unstable, for reasons, it seems, stretching back to Omni-Tek. But if this is any example how Omni-Tek still treats people like Auga, by throwing them to the side and blocking out their protests, then there has clearly been no progress made, and the Clans must continue to stand where they are. There can be no peace, especially when Omni-Tek is not responsible enough to not tread over their victims.

Af first, I was worried that Auga would attack or cause something bad to happen... but it becamse increasingly clear that she was harmless and mad, and the event was putting her under undue stress. The solution would have been simple - move the meeting to another location. I suggested this a number of times. Newland is not far away. If it would save the trauma it put one person through, it should be worth it - but are even Omni pacifists looking at numbers?

Bronto Burgers??

It's obvious you don't know me.... for one i'm am a Ma'am not a Sir...
    and for two I am a vegetarian.
    Just so oyu can get your facts straight mr. clanner and proud to be one...
    Omni has obliterated every attempt by us to make peace.
    I have no idea why you people would think that peace can be attained.. the only way that peace can ever be attained is by removing the empire of omni off the planet.
    If you happen to know anything about the storyline.. you would already know this.. that omni can not be trusted and every attempt clanners have made for peace has been brutally broken.
    Have a nice day and read up on the story that you are playing.

Bayala President of the Dust Brigade Ka 2

::dies laughing:: Hoo boy you sure are full of yourself.First of all I couldn't care less whether you are male,female or an atrox with a bug up his arse.When it comes down to it.No matter who you talk to,everyone has thier horror stories about the other side,no matter what that side may be.I have fought with neutrals,clanners,and Omni,and I have found that no matter what group it is,each has its faults,good and bad.I have seen the devestation that Omni can cause,and I have seen my own kin gun down innocent Omni citizens.And yes..I know the storyline.

"The hottest places in Hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality." - Dante

Re: Bronto Burgers??

To everyone else,

It is unfortunate that Auga was so severely disturbed by my unarmed and lone presence. But I had good reason to not move the meeting elsewhere. First, many of those present will inevidably become lost en-route as the meeting is relocated. Two, the train of thought by both me and the other clanners present both for and against would be irrepairably interrupted. (I welcome concernes about Omni-Tek that are rooted in evidence however, not personal prejudices.)

Lastly, I made the announcement to request a meeting with interested parties at the Happy Rebel several days in advance. If she was the owner of the bar and is against the meeting there there was ample time for her to contact me. Once again, my apologies and thankyou to Auga for tolerateing my presence in the Happy Rebel.

Sincearly,
    Charles "Kithrak" Houston

Originally posted by Bayala
    If you happen to know anything about the storyline.. you would already know this.. that omni can not be trusted and every attempt clanners have made for peace has been brutally broken.
    Have a nice day and read up on the story that you are playing.

Bayala President of the Dust Brigade Ka 2
    To the somewhat interesting person in concern,

Hrrm, is that all the people of Rubi-Ka are to you, just a "story"? There are livelyhoods at stake here. A way of life for some and a lifelong career for others. I am trying to reach out to the clanners and many of you only retort back with "Omni cannot be trusted."

You end up feeding your own prejudice. Because Omni cannot be trusted you will not work with them. Because they cannot be worked with therefore they cannot be trusted. It becomes a cycle that feeds on itself and your cherished beliefs will not be challenged. You do not offer a chance to those that really wish to help. Afraid that you might be proven wrong?

[OOC] You do realize this "story" you speak of has been inactive for the past months? My wish for peace is no more insane than those than those that wish to wipe Omni-Tek off the planet. Do you really think that they will erase/defeat half the playerbase? War may be inevidable but that won't stop me from attempting to bring the politics of Rubi-Ka to life.

Rubi-Ka 1
    [/OOC]

I disagre strongly with Ms. Dust Brigade Wannabe over there.

Omni serves a vital role on Rubi-Ka. Like in any ecosystem, things that seem bad are often required. Immunity to disease is built up by it being there. Even the pathetic and ancient forms of immunization used the actual disease! A forst fire clears underbrush and allows more growth. And Omni-Tek provides protection for the whole planet. They have a stable infrastructure, and they control the outside influence.

Believe me, should Omni pull off Rubi-Ka (which will never happen), the result would be far, far worse... anarchial corporate warfare, complete erradication of all non-related parties, destruction of everything in the interest of mining notum.

That is, of course, unless you, as a Dust Brigade fan, are actually a tool of Sol Banking Corporation, as much evidence points to. In that case, Dust is a much more threatening enemy than Omni-Tek. Omni has a simpleminded lack of responsibility for their actions, not an agenda of destruction. Sol has the intent and will to conquer - and when that happens, the first people to go will be the Clans, as the Northern Territories are opened up to Sol factions. This in itself is what Omni would oppose.

It may even backfire. Your encroachment on Omni land may give them justification to extend the lease even further.

Your call. Omni is a force to be watched and policed, but one that is a known constant.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast