Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PvP and the good ole buff the MA gives you - crit buff

I actually agree with Wenzell on this one =)
    It's just retarded calling something like that an exploit just cause you're too lazy to do it yourself. If you're a trader its even easier...my lvl10 trader currently got 88 NCUs.
    This reality, whatever you want to call it, I can't stand it any longer. It's the smell, if there is such a thing. I feel saturated by it. I can taste your stink and every time I do, I fear that I've somehow been infected by it

Pure Mantra - I'm a runner, and damn proud of it.

Gee

Ok, you guys complained until they started a war against OE. Fine you won that battle. Now your attacking outside buffs ,scopes and other means of expanding your potential. Where does it end. I mean damn! If crap like this keeps up Funcom will end up mailing us all game controller. The game was ment to do some twinking look around for god sakes. I have been on the battle field a long time i win and sometimes i get lose. That is the nature of the game but , please don't cry NERF everytime you lose a fight!

Re: Re: Are you saying you used the comp lit exploit?

Originally posted by Wenzell

You dont need exploit to get 52 NCU at lvl 15. There are something called comp lit implants and buffs. You cant do it doesnt mean others cant. Stop using the word 'exploit'.
    Wenzell, I wasnt the one describing the buffs he wanted in in the first place. You may be able to equip 58 ncu at that lvl, but the scenario requires a lot more than that . For a soldier to twink at that lvl he would need assault/ranged energy/burst expertises (4+4+4), assault and ranged energy mastery (16+16) ncu, + riot (39ncu)... and maybe even a wrangle... 50+ Ncu for that.

So now we start seeing another picture. This person should not even be able to have riot and the masteries loaded, much less a wrangle on top. And there are a LOT of them out there! I understand the noobs who get slaughtered by these twinks.. it must be quite disheartening.

Whereas a trader is concerned I think they should make the single and dual skill shotties multiple req weapons. Simply because that is what other professions must deal with if they should choose to go for max dmg. Icthaca with 5 skills instead of 3, Home defenders with 3 instead of one...and so on.

The alternative ....? Remove the single skill shotguns or reduce the crit modifier to work only under 2 meters range.

Soldiers may or may not outdamage traders later on (post lvl 150). but the fact is that with these highcritting shotguns they are doing as much damage (maybe even faster) then a seriously twinked soldier who has used the infamous exploits.

To me, the dmg you put out is the measure of the amount of overequipping you have done. And traders with shotguns rule that spot. There are at least 4 professions who should outdamage them with ease even if they were twinks of the highest lvl. MA/NT/Soldier and Enf should all rule a traders a** in combat.

This all sounds very sour, but there are serious issues with the shotgun users. They remove the distinction between classes in the game. Any class is able to do awesome dmg through them, but traders moreso due to their wrangles.
    With the arsenal of debuffs available to them they should leave killing to the combat classes!
    Legion
    Beartwo

and a whole litter of bearcubs ...

"Only the dead have seen the end of war." -- Plato
    "You see me now, a soldier, of a 1000 psychic wars...." -- Blue Oyster Cult

Originally posted by Wenzell

It wouldnt hurt that much in PvM IMO.
    Remmeber we have a IPR coming ? You would have the option of switching to a non-crit-reliant gun.

In fact, I think critical has already caused a lot of unbalance in pvm as well. Look at how many people have gotten lvl 200 !! Many of the high lvls use some sort of critical weapon (shotgun, raid pistol .....), taking full advantage of critical buff to power level. Im using a shotgun, and I could easily get lvl 200 too, all I need to do is get a critical buff and go solo mission. 1 hour 5-10M exp.
    Cmon this game is supposed to run for 4 years ! You arent supposed to get lvl 200 in a few months.

That's the thing though, Wenzell. I DON'T have a crit reliant weapon. In fact, a Native Alloy staff is probably one of the best damage over time weapons in the game, with a 0% crit rate. I've done the math

But... I still like critbuffs, as the weapon DOES have a nice crit mod, which makes it THAT much better.

I'm not flaming here, but you are high level, so it doesn't hurt you if leveling is slowed.

If leveling was supposed to be slow, they should have done it from the start. It really isn't fair now, that there are so many people 150, 175, 190+. Like I said in another thread, I want my revenge To suggest that leveling should be slowed once you have already gotten up there is not very sound... recognize how unfair it would be to others.
    Katelin Arinia Rhees
    Level 220 Enforcer
    Former Enforcer Professional
    Former President of the late Midnight Reveries
    Account Created: 2001-10-08; Account Expired: 2005-02-19

Crit buffs.

Good for:
    1) MA
    2) Trader
    3) Soldier
    4) Enforcer
    5) Fixer
    6) Adventurer
    7) Doctor (solo with shotty)

Not as important for (unless they have a shotty for extra dmg):
    1) NT (no crit on nukes)
    2) MP (can't crit buff pets)
    3) Engie (can't crit buff pets)
    4) Crat (can't crit buff pets)

Everything Johiyat is saying is true, noone goes out and pvp's without Our crit buffs, im sick of tired of walkin into A pvp zone getting tells saying Can i get crit buff, crit plz crit!.

They should make it self only and let us Ma's at least have a damn chance to out dmg some other class's...What do we have thats unique? bull.

Re: Are you saying you used the comp lit exploit?

Originally posted by Beartwo

Because there is no way a lvl 10 can wear that amount of ncu without overequipping way over his normal skills.

If a lvl 15 comes to me and asks for Riot + Assault/Ranged energy mastery + expertises, I tell him no. There is no way for him/her to get enough ncu for that without having used the exploit.
    At lvl15 the only thing holding you back from massive NCU over-equiping is Stats.. not treatment skill like at higher lvls.

By spending 1 day stacking implants legally i could have over 100 ncu at lvl15. It takes forever but can be done without having to use treatment exploits... etc.
    Most (including me) are too lazy to do so.
    I have before... was a waste of a whole sat =)
    Undercover Soccom Brother

Blackness confirmed!!
    Welcome to the Brotherhood.

Buying ql 161 Art of Peace nano

Re: Re: Re: Are you saying you used the comp lit exploit?

Originally posted by Beartwo

Wenzell, I wasnt the one describing the buffs he wanted in in the first place. You may be able to equip 58 ncu at that lvl, but the scenario requires a lot more than that . For a soldier to twink at that lvl he would need assault/ranged energy/burst expertises (4+4+4), assault and ranged energy mastery (16+16) ncu, + riot (39ncu)... and maybe even a wrangle... 50+ Ncu for that.

So now we start seeing another picture. This person should not even be able to have riot and the masteries loaded, much less a wrangle on top. And there are a LOT of them out there! I understand the noobs who get slaughtered by these twinks.. it must be quite disheartening.

Whereas a trader is concerned I think they should make the single and dual skill shotties multiple req weapons. Simply because that is what other professions must deal with if they should choose to go for max dmg. Icthaca with 5 skills instead of 3, Home defenders with 3 instead of one...and so on.

The alternative ....? Remove the single skill shotguns or reduce the crit modifier to work only under 2 meters range.

Soldiers may or may not outdamage traders later on (post lvl 150). but the fact is that with these highcritting shotguns they are doing as much damage (maybe even faster) then a seriously twinked soldier who has used the infamous exploits.

To me, the dmg you put out is the measure of the amount of overequipping you have done. And traders with shotguns rule that spot. There are at least 4 professions who should outdamage them with ease even if they were twinks of the highest lvl. MA/NT/Soldier and Enf should all rule a traders a** in combat.

This all sounds very sour, but there are serious issues with the shotgun users. They remove the distinction between classes in the game. Any class is able to do awesome dmg through them, but traders moreso due to their wrangles.
    With the arsenal of debuffs available to them they should leave killing to the combat classes!
    Shotties should be high damage critting weapons. They should use a single skill.
    They should have very very low range. Slightly more than melee range..
    Undercover Soccom Brother

Blackness confirmed!!
    Welcome to the Brotherhood.

Buying ql 161 Art of Peace nano

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12