Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: L.E.E.T.! ~ A Letter to Omni-Administration

Tynchre slipped the tiny chip she had pulled out of the Backpack into her Solar Pistol. She began to make adjustments to the settings, tweaking the power and flow of energies.

Eskew and Moscardelli, Inc, could certainly use some income. The list of clients dependent upon their services was very short. Much too short to pay for production. And certainly too short to risk that Mr. Huston would miss that card.

Tynchre made a last adjustment to the pistol, aimed it at her brick testing wall, and fired a searing bolt of fire. The blast exploded near a pinned up picture of a sacarinely sweet leet rolling in the grass. She nodded in satisfaction as the flames turned the picture black and began to crinkle and roll up upon itself.

Kait looked up from browsing her datapad, and grinned. "Nice Shot!"
    Marge "Tynchre" Eskew

Builder of Stuff, Devil's Advocate

Talk With a Friend ~ Guardian Droids or Guardian Leets?

::beep... beep::

Lemmy heard her com beep, looking down she activated her wrist-communicator accepting the transmission. She smiled as a familiar voice gave her a "Hello Jen."

"Milly!" Milian Thompson, how was she glad to hear from him so soon.

"Jen, what's happened? There's so many rumors going around here at school. They said you were expelled and all!" the hints of concern in his voice, the panic in which he spoke, made Jen smile more and more. If she was expelled, she would never see him. He worried about that.

"It's alright Milly. I just got into a bit of trouble because of that fight at school. I think daddy struck a deal with the Instructors there though... 'cause I'm not going to be kicked out. Just suspended for a few days, then I'll be back after a week of solitary lessons..."

"A WEEK?!" Milian shouted into the com, the shock in his voice echoing through-out. "Sorry Jen... didn't mean to yell..."

The soft giggles of Lemmy was heard through the com. "That's alright Milly. Yea... I know... I'll miss you. Also, something happened with my parents..."

"What you mean Jen?"

"Well... I don't know... but it seems that daddy had to agree to let Ms Jenny be my official guardian or something, 'cause I have to live with her on school-nights."

"I'm sorry to hear that Jen... suspended, solitary lessons, and taken from your home... well, at least I have some good news for you."

"Oh?"

"Yea. We won."

"What do you mean Milly?"

"Well, the other students told the teachers how they were the ones to start the fight. So our two nemesis were expelled. We won!"

Jen smiled widely, her voice being raised in volume barely able to contain her excitement. "That's fantastic Milly! Now we don't have to worry about them anymore!"

"YEA! I know! So once you get back, we'll be able to go on with what we want to do in class. Continue our L.E.E.T. work, get some public support for our friends."

"Yea, it's what I've been working on yesterday and today."

Milly froze, his voice lowering a bit he whispered into the com. "Please tell me you didn't..."

"Of course I did! It's almost ready too!"

Milly sighed, shaking his head. "Please Jen... you're going to really piss them off if you keep doing this..."

"Well I almost have finished it... but I don't think it'll get through. I need..."

A multitude of beeps echoed through her com indicating a file was recieved. She stopped speaking and checked it. Milly's voice was heard as she accessed it. "I thought you might need this..." Jen jumped up and down gleefully. "Jen? JEN?!"

Lemmy didn't even hear him at first, she was so merrily excited by this present. "MILLY! THIS IS FANTASTIC!!!" her voice resounding through the room.

Milly on the other end smiled, then chuckled slightly. "I just figured... if I can't stop you, I mind as well help you... and I knew the one obstacle in your path is that code."

"This is amazing! How did you get it?"

"I asked my dad if he could get someone to hack into the main database files looking for access codes. When he asked for what, I just told him I wanted to do what I could to help hurt Omni-Tek. After I said that, he didn't ask anything, seeming more than pleased to help. I think he'd be disappointed though if I used it for this purpose... but he doesn't need to know right?"

Lemmy burst into giggles. "That's right!"

"So if your 'Rolling Leet' virus is still around..."

"Yep! That's right!"

"You finished it already?"

"Yea! All Guardian Droids that come in contact with this message will in fact become real leets!"

Milly chuckled. A rolling leet-droid... he silently wished he could see a droid rolling around hounding the administrators. "How did you manage to do that?"

"Well, I just made it so the virus deletes all active programs within the droid. Then, it will launch this program..." Lemmy sent a file to Milly with a click of her finger on the wrist-pad. "... which will turn the droid into a leet."

Milly activated the file, looking at the code on the screen. "Word scripts... behaviorial patterns... this is actually quite simple though, why so little?"

Lemmy giggled. "Don't worry Milly! That's the wonderful thing about it! Leets don't say much, and nor do they do much but roll around and walk about. So all I did was make it spew out leet-speak repeating these few phrases over and over... and have it roll around all day! Within ten minutes, I'm sure they're going to shut down all droids or else go mad!"

Milly chuckled some more smiling. If there was one thing he knew about Jen, she had a natural talent for being a hacker and programmer. "I wish I could be there to see it..."

Jen giggled some more. "I know... but we do what we can do right?"

"Yep! That's right! So go send it, then call me back 'kay?"

"'Kay Milly!"

She keyed in the codes she recieved from Milly. Amazing! There was the one she needed... most of the codes being back-doors for system-files... pass-words for personal log-in information... none of these were what she really wanted until... yes! That's the one: Shut-down code for all Guardian Droid Firewall-systems. So just transmit this first... then the shut-down virus... then the leety new improvement to the droid-system...

'First they see rolling leets, now they shall see real rolling leets...'
    Ylemae (6-10? years old):
    "Lemmy" (True name: Jiselle Waldram)
    Jennifer Matusz - Daughter to Don "Doncarnage" Matusz

Chelle "Crysallys" Dinnen (14 years old)
    Hayley Dinnen's Daughter
    Growth Accelerated as a Baby
    Born Dec 25, 29476 RST
    Trainee in Vector Blue

The lights in Administrator Houston's offices flickered again. Kithrak looked up from his desk and pressed a key on the intercom.

"Secretary, what is wrong with the electrical systems again today?"

All he got back was static. Grumbling, he got up and walked out expecting his droid to follow. The droid usually ever vigilant and alert is exceptionally slow to respond as of late. After realizing belatedly that its master has left the room it rushed out in a hurry and bumped into Kithrak on his way down the hall.

"Watch where you're going you lump of shaped plastic and metal." Kithrak growed.

"I'm sorry master, but a majority of my processing power has been diverted to maintain the firewall installed by the Engineer two weeks ago." The Omni-Admin Guardian Droid replied.

Kithrak made a left from his secretary's desk and stopped in front of a locked security door. He slid a keycard into a slot, the reader beeped acceptance and the doors opened to the restricted area of his organization's headquaters. A pair of security droids standing guard saluted as he entered. Kithrak ignored the droids' formality, there was no need to acknowledge their gesture of respect, it was merely a programmed action.

In the room with their main computer core technicians were running around running around frantically as engineers, fixers, and other professional experts puzzled over the virus that has bogged down most of the computer networks at Omni-Admin, his organization has not been spared.

He walked up to one of the technicians working, a very overweight solitus nano-technician that has had more than one too many double bronto cheese burgers with extra grease was hunched over a comptuer terminal scanning code at a speed that was faster than is normally possible without the assistance of an implant.

"What is going on with our computer nets?" Kithrak demanded.

"Uh....sir, we've had another attack on our gridnet security systems by that Leet Gridvirus. The system's semi-sentient defense software is copeing the best it could but its takeing up a large portion of our processing power to stay one step ahead of it. Its really quite ingenious really it....." The engineer was cut off.

"Yes, that is very interesting but who is doing this?" Kithrak tapped a foot impatiently.

The nano-technician stammered. "We..we don't really know, bu...but... the network has been so bogged down with keeping the virus at bay that there hasn't been time to."

"Master, I wish to report that I am not feeling too well." The Guardian Droid said a bit sluggishly.

Kithrak waved a hand dismissively to the droid "Not now. What about that Fixer we hired to track the source down, any word?"

The nano-technician shook his head and looked oddly behind Kithrak. "You should take your droid to the shop sir."

"Great, now what....." Kithrak turned and saw as his droid with both hands above its head standing on its toes spinning in place doing a ballet.

"Droid, cease your activity immediately." He ordered the droid.

"LEET!" Was the droid's only response as it continued to dance in place.

"Stupid piece of junk!" The administrator reached into a pocket to throw a piece of Coral at it when he pulled out a small business card.

"Tynchre, Engineer.... hum." He decided to give this person a try and placed a call on his wrist-com while his Omni-Admin Guardian Droid continued to spin around while doing the ballet and baffleing the rest of the staff asking the droid what it is doing with replies of "LEET!".

The engineer looked up. "Hey boss, we found this letter to your uh....dancing droid."

Dear Mister Bosses,

I have yet to see any progress made by Omni-Administration to change their current policies toward leets and their places in Rubi-Ka and Jobe. I demand to see leets sent into the city of Jobe and the beautiful places of it immediately. I will not give up until you comply.

I have become convinced you don't like these fluffy-snuggly little friends of mine... so I hope over the next week or so you will appreciate them more as whenever you turn on a screen you will find them rolling from side to side.

Please comply. Thank you!

With my Love,
    L.E.E.T.
    Last edited by Kithrak; Oct 26th, 2003 at 10:02:57.
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston - Equipment
    Administrator, Omni-Admin
    Bringing the politics of Rubi-Ka to life!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

It was a typically slow day at the the office of Eskew and Moscardelli, Inc. Kaitakait had already finished her morning routine of stretches, weight training and gymnastics - most Fixers relied solely on implants and nano programs to do their work, but, while Kait used those as well, she felt the need to keep her body in condition the "natural" way too - just to be ready in case a new job came in. She was gathering up her tools and equipment (her semi-legal Sol Chironis, lockpick, implant disassembly clinic, and all other things Fixerish) to go out looking for work when a new message arrived.

Kait was startled by the beeping sound on the office comm since it didn't receive many messages. It wasn't that Eskew and Moscardelli, Inc. were without talent - they had lots of it - but they tended to keep a low profile. Their goal was to provide their services to those who would be willing to pay for descretion as well as results since those types of jobs were generally much more lucrative than the typical requests for item retrieval, radar dish repairs and armor and weapons construction. It was rough in these early days of their business, but Tynchre and Kaitakait were hoping their tactic would pay off in the long run. However, today there was a message and that meant that there was hope of paying this month's rent.

Kait walked/jogged over to the comm and eagerly pressed the button to retrieve the message. Her eyes widened when she saw that the sender was Charles "Kithrak" Huston and she immediately called to her partner, Tynchre, to come over to the comm fast.

"A message?" asked Tynchre and she raced over to join Kaitakait at the comm.

"Yeah! From Charles Huston! See? I told you he would be impressed by finding the card in his pocket!" grinned Kait.

Tynchre raised an eyebrow and gave Kait a look that said "Yeah, right" but conceded, "Okay, you were right this time. Open the message."

Kait pressed another button on the comm and the two of them read the brief message.

"He wants to meet with us to discuss some work!" exclaimed Kait. "Let's reply!" Kait spoke to the comm:

Hello, Mister Huston.
    We would be happy to meet with you to discuss the task you need accomplished. How is Monday, 8PM ((EST, Tuesday, 01:00:00 AM GMT)) for you? We look forward to hearing from you.

Eskew and Moscardelli, Inc.
    "How's that?" asked Kaitakait.

"Efficient and to the point," remarked the Engineer.

Kait smiled and pressed the "Send"button.
    Jacquelynn "Kaitakait" Moscardelli
    Procurer and Deconstructor of Things
    Eskew and Moscardelli, Inc.
    A subsidiary of Devil's Advocate.·´¯`·..·»

Talking

Don't write this stuff when I have to read it during work....

*wipes tears from his eyes*

The den was nearly pitch black and the low-light equipment was not helping much. Studying the mapping on her HUD indicated that there had been at least a dozen Mantiz in the cavern, but the poor visibility and uneven terrain was making fiding the corpses a nearly impossible task.

Picking her way through a pass between two large bolders, a low drop-off caused Marge "Tynchre" Eskew to stumble forward, falling face first into the mangled and dismembered remains of a Mantis Scout. Picking herself up, she pulled back her gore covered Flesh Hood and sighed. "There's got to be a better way to spend a Sunday morning" she muttered to no-one in particular.

"Woof"

Tynchre looked down at her Predator M-30. The mechdog was cruiously sniffing Tynchre Toy, her lumbering but deadly "Guardian" class Slayerbot.

"Hmmm," muttered the thin, redhaired engineer. "That's odd. Scraps usually doesn't behave like that except near leets."

"Grrrr," Scraps bared his teeth at Tynchre Toy then gave a menacing bark.

"Scraps!" Tynchre called with an autoritative tone in her voice. "Plotz!"

The mechdog ignored the command and began a fenzied bark-assault on the deadly Slayerbot.

In what seemed like slow motion, the Slayerbot slowly turned to the Mechdog and issued a series of vocal algorithms.

"R U Nubi?" the bot asked. The mechanical voice echoed in the voluminous cavern.

At this point all hell broke loose. It started with a leap from Scraps. The mechdog tried to sink its teeth into the thigh of the Slayerbot, resulting in spintering bits of metal teeth flying like shrapnel. Tynchre dove to the ground. The giant Slayer then emitted a squeel which sounded su****iously like a leet, and fell to it's side, shaking the ground. The earth continued to rumble as the Slayerbot began to roll across the cavern floor, crushing rock and the remains of serveral Mantiz. Scraps tried to leep onto the rolling bot, still atempting to bite at the droid with it's toothless mouth.

Then the comedy turned to horror. Streaming from every opening, black shapes poured forth, talons raised and swishing their deadly arcs. Tynchre stood to begin a blind aura, when a Mantis Breeder tore trough her CAS armor and sent her crashing to the hard ground.

Her last vision before the ressurection white out took her, was of Tynchre Toy, sprouting a layer of soft brown fuzz.
    Marge "Tynchre" Eskew

haly stumbled as she rematerialized in solitus-form on the reclaim pad, not far from where her friend deegee was rematerializing too. it was always hard to maintain balance when she died on one form, and re-appeared in another.

"well," she said to herself, "that virta guy is certainly going to get a midnight visit from me and some of the other were-leets some time soon! i think he was shooting at us on purpose! .....altho he kept saying something about "terrorists". either hes delusional, or he needs glasses badly!"

on her way back to her apartment, haly got an idea. "itll only cost me a few hundred creds" she thought. then she went from backyard to backyard, carefully and thoroughly looking for every leet she could find, and insuring them, too.

(ooc: we were asked not to hurt the leets, so in the interest of preserving the sanity of all involved, i have leeted myself and walked into the line of fire)
    jeepers

*former soldier, now adventurer
    *were-leet and defender of leet-kind
    *proud member of devils advocates

It was almost a week since Kaitakait and Tynchre met with Kithrak in a Jobe Apartment gone mad. The President of Red Tape's, guardian droid chirping leet noises and computer systems going haywire to the point where the meeting was beyond distracting.

Kithrak had allowed access to departmental system files of high security to allows the investigation to proceed, and while Kaitakait ran down leads on an endless list of those who had grudges and issues with the branch of Omni-Administration and its President, Tynchre studied an endless stream of encrypted data. Whoever was behind this virus had weaved a complicated array of safeguards and passwords into the datastream, and despite working constantly for a week, Tychre had not uncovered a single password to help unlock the encryption.

"Inncomming transmission, from Don Matusz" the steril computer voice droned in the small office.

Tynchre sighed and replied, "Accept"

"Hey, Tynchrebell" the voice greeted the young engineer.

"Hi, Donnie" Tynchre replied with little enthusiasm in her voice.

"You sound glum. What's up?"

Tynchre, took her eyes off the datastream and leaned back into the office chair. "Just doing some Moonlighting. Secret project type stuff, ya know."

"Ah! Well, I'm sure you'll work it out." Don replied. "Hey listen, I've brought back a few gadgets from the Shadowlands I'd like you to take a look at. Maybe see if you can work some of your magic and make them work."

Tynchre groaned silently. "Ummm...can it wait? I'm kind of busy."

"No." Don stated firmly. "I need to meet you now, so I can pick Lemmy up in a half-hour."

Tynchre was glad the video feed in the shabby office was disabled so that Don couldn't see the disgust on her face at being distracted.

"I need you to meet me in Borealis in ten minutes." Before the transmission ended he added, "Don't be late."

As the silence returned to the office, Marge "Tynchre" Eskew stared back at the stream of meaningless data. Frustration from lack of progress with the virus, complicated by being distracted sent feelings of resentment washing over her. As if lashing out, her fingers entered a 6 leter code into the workstation. Her hand hovered over the "enter" pad. Then slowly moved to the "clear" pad as she realised how silly she was behaving.

The hiss of the doorway distracted her from entering the clear command. She turned and watched Kaitakait enter. Kait pulled off her sunglasses to reveal a darkening bruse under her left eye. Kait grinned and said "you should see the other guy!"

"Find anything?" Tynchre asked as she grabbed an overcoat.

"Nothing. Just a bad tempered bodyguard."

"Okay," Tynchre wisked past her and headed out the door. "Gotta meet Don, I'll be back in a bit. Order up some take out, and I'll pick it up on the way back."

"Mmmmm, take out" Kaitakait said dreamily.

Tynchre smiled at her business partner then left the office.

Kaitakait looked over at the workstation, and noticed the message window open with what appeared to be a password entry flashing. Approaching the keypad, she lightly touched the "enter" pad.

*TIER ONE PASSWORD ACCEPTED*

Opening the private business channel, she spoke rapidly. "Tynch! Wow! You found a password!"

"Huh!" Came the confussed reply.

"The virus, silly! You got one," Kait said excitedly.

On a dark street of Omni Entertainment, Tynchre stood motionless. What could that mean? Was it a hint to who was behind the LEET virus? A connection, or just a random name? One thing was certain. Eskew and Moscardelli now had something to work with. 6 simple letters. Z.S.U.T.A.M........Could Don "Doncarnage" Matusz be their biggest break yet?
    Marge "Tynchre" Eskew

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12