Thread: Damn!

Damn!

God damnnit! dont mobs take ages to die properly, i mean rolling on the floor for half an hour doing flips and all...Cant they just fall on the ground so i can loot straight away? o_O

They die, but continue to beat away at you or your pet for 10 or so second before mysteriously lying on the ground.

fix THAT!

215/15 | Lagerlad Atrox Adventurer | eqp | Mostly indestructible
    214/13 | Xpie Atrox Meta-physicist | eqp | Supernova!
    Member of Ragnarok

.......................................... ...................... ................... ............
    ............... ........................................... ...... .
    Last edited by Terra; Apr 8th, 2002 at 01:37:26.

This is what I think happened:

Before, in the day, you'd kill a monster, and there would be some lag just before it died, like the game had to load up the death animation/sound.

So they went and fixed that by making the game have a bit of fore-knowledge on when one combatant would die.

This made the death animations more smooth, but had some quircky side effects:

- Undead Monsters: Oh they are dead alright, you killed the hell out of them, but there is some type of lag that makes them forget that.

- Loot Lag: He's dead, he's on the ground, now comon cursor, switch to the little gear already....

- Battle Destiny: This one is my favorite, since the outcome of the battle is derived a couple seconds before it actually comes, sometimes you can get the XP before teh monster is dead, yet you haven't killed him yet. I have, on multiple occasions, started running away because I see the XP come in, yet I haven't laid the final shot, but as soon as I stop running, no matter where I am at, I hit the creature for the final blow. Kinda funny when it's 5 rooms awa with a pistol sometimes. This one is also fun as a player tho, I have been killed, yet lived to keep fighting for a while. All my buffs cancel, my health drops, but I am still alive...

Try to fix one little thing and look what happens...
    "Your village called...their idiot is missing"

Psilex (Agent)
    Smokegirl (Nano-tech)
    Tylerdurdon (Bureaucrat)

Proud Member of:
    Omni-Tribunal
    Omni-Pol