Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aomd 1.5

Aomd 1.5

By downloading this file you agree to not bother me if this doesn't work.

Disclaimer follows:

THIS PROGRAM IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.

Xyberviri assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in this program.

Xyberviri does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the
    information, text, graphics,links or other items contained within this program.

Xyberviri shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or
    consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of this program. The information on http://www.xyberviri.com, http://www.xyberviri.net, http://www.xyberviri.org, http://www.xyberviri.info is subject to change without notice and does not represent a commitment on the part of Xyberviri in the future.

IF you agree to the above you may download the following program:

http://www.xyberviri.net/AOMD15.zip
    ~I am the Virtual Virus

Thumbs up

Thank you so much!! I can't begin to tell you how tired I was of clicking through mission windows..

Yes Thank you so much.

Another day or two of carpal tunnel clicking and scrolling through choke sized windows and I was going to call it quits.

Thanks again

AOMD Update

*genuflects to the greatness of Xyberviri*
    "Rubi-Ka is my home, my life, and my office... who let these people in?" - Madaline "Deaddreamer" Fontanaro
    "If you cancel your account, can I have your stuff?"
    Date of registration 2001-06-29 00:11:50 UTC
    Account status Open
    Next billing 2002-08-04

Now, who's the newbie here?

For the MMORPG Elitists:
    • Explorer:80%
    • Socializer:66%
    • Achiever:33%
    • Killer:20%

Post I just like it stated that.......

The Credit for Fixing AOMD goes to Tappert

NOT myself i just simply put the changes though and changed the Version Number and compiled it.

BTW if anyone has a problem with me changing the Version number read the disclaimer
    ~I am the Virtual Virus

Thumbs up Amen!

Props and praise to those who keep AOMD afloat.

There is already an AOMD 1.5 a much improved version of Muz's 1.4.

Better menu, support for making it small so you don't have to open and close it all the time. http://homepage.ntlworld.com/chris.wallbank/

Note on versioning for another time, when you fork, change something else than the version number so you don't run into the conflict with the other AOMD 1.5. Fx. AOMD 1.5-Tap (Honoring the hacker) or something similar.
    Last edited by Miravlix; Apr 8th, 2002 at 06:52:51.

Question Whats the Differance between the two?

Does anyone know what the difference between the two different 1.5 versions are? I believe I have the one Miravlix is talking about, think I got it off of AOstratics.

Also, can anyone explain how you use the search functions in AOMD? I read through the stuff I got when I downloaded it but, it was written like I would already know how. I know there has to be some way to set up a list of stuff you are looking for in missions because, I get the visual and sound que on some items, although I have not set anything to pick them.

Also, is there a faster way to generate a new mission set than moving the slider bars back and forth to reset the generate missions button? That retains the position of the sliders I have set?

Exclamation Third party tools

It seems that the fact AOMD stopped working was either caused by the hardware changes we did on the site (and AOMD being unable to reorder packets that came out of order) or a fix in our code that stopped a possible exploit in the client-server protocol.

Either way, as many have on this board have pointed out, we cannot test all third party tools before making changes, nor are we likely to do this in the future. We cannot announce these kinds of changes beforehand either, since they do not affect the client or the people using it in the way it was intended. The additional overhead of checking that for any change we make, no third-party tool will break would be an extra strain on our QA department that they neither see as their obligation, nor have the time to perform. We actually have a policy of not using them, or any other potential trojans inhouse.

That said, the AOMD team and other third-party tool developers should probably test 14.0 before it goes live (it's been on the Test servers for a long time now), and make sure your tools will not unexpectedly break again.

And a final note: We reserve the right to block out any tools that will cause a degradation of the performance of our product. While AOMD doesn't generate a lot of network traffic as of now, generating a lot of missions creates a strain on our CPU resources. We'll be watching the situation.

what is the difference between all the versions

Ok so there are two different 1.5 versions, a 2.0 version and a 3.0 version. I think 1.5 is a fix for 1.4 to work in Newland. 2.0 has the autobuy feature which sounds great. Is 3.0 based on 2.0 or 1.4? If not then whats the difference between 3.0 and 1.5? Also since 2.0 seems to be based on 1.33, the watch function does not work on Windows ME. Was wondering if the author of 2.0 can fix it for Windows ME or make the source available.

Re: Third party tools

Originally posted by Enno Rehling
    That said, the AOMD team and other third-party tool developers should probably test 14.0 before it goes live (it's been on the Test servers for a long time now), and make sure your tools will not unexpectedly break again.

And a final note: We reserve the right to block out any tools that will cause a degradation of the performance of our product. While AOMD doesn't generate a lot of network traffic as of now, generating a lot of missions creates a strain on our CPU resources. We'll be watching the situation.
    I just tested AOMD3.0 on test (14.05) and it seems to work. Sometimes it would only register three of the five missions, but generally it worked fine.

Given the immense popularity of AOMD, is there any chance that you guys will take the hint and provide similar mission readouts without the need for a third-party tool?

And while I'm on the subject, please get somebody there to consider promoting Shopbot to level 51. That player-created bot brings shopping in AO up from the 17th century system that is provided in the game.

Scorus

Re: what is the difference between all the versions

Originally posted by Odaen
    Ok so there are two different 1.5 versions, a 2.0 version and a 3.0 version. I think 1.5 is a fix for 1.4 to work in Newland. 2.0 has the autobuy feature which sounds great. Is 3.0 based on 2.0 or 1.4? If not then whats the difference between 3.0 and 1.5? Also since 2.0 seems to be based on 1.33, the watch function does not work on Windows ME. Was wondering if the author of 2.0 can fix it for Windows ME or make the source available.
    3.0 does NOT have the autobuy feature (and I'd be surprised if that feature didn't spell the end of aomd, it is pretty obviously the kind of bot that Funcom has said they won't tolerate). It seems in most ways similar to 1.4, a little cleaner. The big added feature is a 'describe' button for each of the missions where you can pull up a screen with the mission description that doesn't require all the scrolling that looking at a mission does. Though the description is only the main text and not the reward.

Scorus

Originally posted by Serena
    autobuy?
    You put the x-y locations for the start, switch, and endpoint for the sliders, then put the x-y for the request mission button. It then starts purchasing missions until it finds something in the watch field.

I do see how this can eat up bandwidth and cpu cycles, but to make a concession, there can be a timer put on how long it waits to get the next mission. It would still be a useful tool, even if it takes a little while longer to search for it.
    "Rubi-Ka is my home, my life, and my office... who let these people in?" - Madaline "Deaddreamer" Fontanaro
    "If you cancel your account, can I have your stuff?"
    Date of registration 2001-06-29 00:11:50 UTC
    Account status Open
    Next billing 2002-08-04

Now, who's the newbie here?

For the MMORPG Elitists:
    • Explorer:80%
    • Socializer:66%
    • Achiever:33%
    • Killer:20%

Re: Re: what is the difference between all the versions

Originally posted by Scorus

The big added feature is a 'describe' button for each of the missions where you can pull up a screen with the mission description that doesn't require all the scrolling that looking at a mission does. Though the description is only the main text and not the reward.
    It was already in 1.4 :)

Originally posted by Deaddreamer

You put the x-y locations for the start, switch, and endpoint for the sliders, then put the x-y for the request mission button. It then starts purchasing missions until it finds something in the watch field.

I do see how this can eat up bandwidth and cpu cycles, but to make a concession, there can be a timer put on how long it waits to get the next mission. It would still be a useful tool, even if it takes a little while longer to search for it.
    The timer tool is a great idea! Hehe... go have a cup of coffee, come back, and tada! "Your mission awaits, sir."

Hehe resourse wise i think funcom would rather have the autobuy AOMD then the normal one I can roll 3-4 missions in the time it the autobuy to roll 1 but then again of course i have to pay attention and on occasion accidently miss the item i was looking for
    Member of the "I tried SWG and I am still kicking myself for it" club

not that anyone cares

the soruce code to above AOMD is http://www.xyberviri.net/AOMDv15src.zip
    ~I am the Virtual Virus

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast