Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Operation Bash-a-Borg - Neutral Token Board Finale

A lot of things happened since I've participated to the inspection team in Newland Desert...

I've searched between my duties, and I've fought a lot of cyborgs. But after time it went wrong for me. One day I woke up wounded and without equippement in the middle of Mort, I still don't remember what happened.

I tried to stay out of this, but I had nightmares... And in the last days, I have been unable to see you, Dabblez, because... I just couldn't.

There must be something they have done to me... And I'm going insane unless I find out more about this, so I'll see what can I do. Maybe I'll find something valuable there.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

I'll try to be there in time to help.

As the day is getting closer, here are some organisational notes to help you.

The multi-faction force will be gathering in the ICC at 18:00 GMT.

Volunteers Level < 100 will line up behind Yarko
    They will form Battle Group Virgo and target the Borgs in Tir County.

Volunteers between levels 100-170 will line up behind Swiftmind
    They will form Battle Group Gemini and strike at the cyborgs in the Milky Way

Volunteers levels 170+ to line up behind Cogs
    They will form Battle Group Taurus and attack the cyborgs in the Perpetual Wastes.

These level limits are just suggested. We will not be splitting up friends who wish to serve together.

The leaders of each Battle Group will then determine the best route to get their forces to the objective and the plan of attack.

A warm thank you to everyone who has responded to this call to arms.

Dabblez
    Director of RUR
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Tris looked at the preliminary plans and sighed. She was going to have to line up behind Swiftwind. Swiftwind of Omni-Mining. The irony of it all made her laugh. The gods (or in this case perhaps Savoy) had a wierd sense of humour...

((Looking forward to this one ))
    President Anisha "Trisagiona" Kenley of the Desert Winds

"Here is the price of freedom:
    Your every drop of courage,
    ounce of pain, pint of blood.
    Paid in advance."

Clanner though I am, I think of myself as a neutral at heart. I will be by Cogs' regiment's side to help eradicate this threat, if he will have my blades.

Our President has acknowledged the importance of this case

Expect some Omni-Pol Officers to help in this matter too

/salute
    Last edited by Nayika; Oct 17th, 2003 at 18:43:26.

Ooh! It's Borg Day! Kill! Kill! Kill!

((Either Nevver or Kaitakait will be there.))
    Janella "Nevver" McCallagher
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»
    Why settle for less when you can oppress?

"First get your facts; then you can distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain
    "Nevver: Like the thing that hides in your closet. But worse." - Gueve

Also known as...
    Jacquelynn "Kaitakait" Moscardelli
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

Dabblez, you missed Battle Group Scorpio, which will line up infront of the Barkeep in Reets after the others are finished
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

Bah... due to heavy hardware problems I need to absolutely fix as a priority task, I probably won't be able to give my help in any sort, cuz I doubt I'll be finished with the maintenance by 18:00 GMT. In any case, I hope tha battle goes well... these cyborgs need a few good kicks in their shiny arses anyway.

((OOC: My switch is dead, long live my (new) switch (as soon as it's bought!). I'm very probably doomed to only surf the web from my old PII during this whole week-end, until my BF can 'borrow' a replacement switch at work on Monday. And as much as I'd like to play, I won't go through the process of reinstalling and reconfiguring our heavy firewall tonight for an hypothetic installaton of the DSL connexion on my own PC; yes, I know, call me paranoid.

Until then, see you on the forums, but not in-game... ))
    Jen Markarian - Put the weirdness back in Omni-Mining
    Updating my stories -- 19/03/08. Going slowly, but certainly
    Anarchy Reloaded - AO webcomics for the sake of being silly

I never want to lose what I have finally found
    There's a requiem
    A new congregation
    And it's telling me: go forward and walk
    Under a brighter sky
    -- Delerium, Euphoria --

Originally posted by Demenzia
    ((OOC: My switch is dead, long live my (new) switch (as soon as it's bought!). I'm very probably doomed to only surf the web from my old PII during this whole week-end, until my BF can 'borrow' a replacement switch at work on Monday. And as much as I'd like to play, I won't go through the process of reinstalling and reconfiguring our heavy firewall tonight for an hypothetic installaton of the DSL connexion on my own PC; yes, I know, call me paranoid.
    ((OOC: if its the case switch you could do a temporary bodge by just putting a jumper over the two switch pins on the motherboard connector for the switch, or just pull the connectors off the back of the switch and tie the cable together to turn on and pull them apart to turn off...ok a total bodge but it would work....ack I'm starting to sound like one of RUR's engineers here hehe))
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

Originally posted by Nyadach
    ((OOC: if its the case switch you could do a temporary bodge by just putting a jumper over the two switch pins on the motherboard connector for the switch, or just pull the connectors off the back of the switch and tie the cable together to turn on and pull them apart to turn off...ok a total bodge but it would work....ack I'm starting to sound like one of RUR's engineers here hehe))
    Nevver blinks.
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»

Also known as...
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

((Nah, it's gonna be okay Nyadach... maybe this can give me an opportunity to work on my novel again, and pack my books for when I move next year

Thanks for the advice though. If the withdrawl is too strong, I may attempt this desperate act tomorrow morning then ))

There's a requiem
    A new congregation
    Under a brighter sky
    -- Delerium, Euphoria --

That was fun. I only got lost a few times and only had to be rescued once by Windguaerd from several Cyborgs that found me wandering in the desert.

I really am lost without my minimap on Rubi-Ka and in Shadowlands.

I was very happy that we got to kill lots of Cyborgs and, as an added bonus, even some members of the Dust Brigade. Even though that fat guy, Bazzit, destroyed the token board, at least the Cyborgs don't have it. I'll be keeping tabs on Bazzit and RUR to see what develops.
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»

Also known as...
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

First of all, many thanks to everyone who showed up. The turn up was absolutely amazing. I am glad to say the mission was 100% successful. Battle Groups Virgo, Gemini and Taurus all accomplished their primary missions pretty much simultaneously and with minimum casualties. The cyborgs never even new what hit them.

Once the areas were secure, technicians from RUR and Uncle Bazzit's Foundry released designer nanobot programmed to seek out and essentially eat up the stolen token board prototypes. I am confident that the danger of token board enhanced cyborgs has been averted, at least for now.

Having defeated the cyborgs, Cog's lead Battle Group Taurus to strike on a nearby Dust Brigade camp; soon to be reinforced by Swiftmind's Battle Group Gemini. Seeing this multi-faction force smashing into the Dust Brigade, who for so long have terrorised all civilised peoples on Rubi-Ka, was awe inspiring. But our moment of our greatest triumph was also marked by our greatest tragedy. Just as the dust brigade general died, members of the Nanomange Liberation Front (NLF) turned on members of Omni Mining. Blackswords was killed though Swiftmind managed to escaped unharmed.

The destruction of stolen token boards pretty much marks the end of RUR's involvement in the Neutral token board project. We have simply run out of time and money to develop this. All hope now lies with Emmet Bazzit and the Profiteer's Helper. I sincerely hope the Neutral community will not have to wait much longer for this.

Thank you all once again. You were simply magnificent.

Dabblez

Director of RUR

/ooc

As I said above, it was amazing. We must have had in excess of 60 people show up. And we did take on the Dust Brigade; not a mean feat for a bunch of roleplayers!

Special thanks to Yarko, Swiftmind and Cogs. You did a superb job out there leading the three different raids. I could not have done it without you. Thank you also to Cucumber, Sizzleen and Crattyjack/Bazzit (aka Greenie01 and Sightsee) for playing a crucial role in the story and acting out their parts so well, and the NLF for being brave enough to be the "bad guys" of the situation. And finally a thank you to Athol, the news Ark from the Independent Reporters of Rubi-Ka agency who tagged along for the whole three hours of the event; now that is commitment for you.
    Last edited by Savoy; Oct 18th, 2003 at 23:47:45.
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

[ooc]

I just wish I could have been there, but most of my characters are on RK2. I had set out to level a character to Borg fighting level on RK1 this week, but work and the midweek patch downtime conspired to stop me. Maybe next time...

Glad to hear it was such a success though

Cheers,

~R~

[/ooc]

<reads the recent Gridfeed from her workshop, surrounded by quite an amount of grid-monitors, blueish lights and flickerings of DELs>

Tha NLF, again... why ain't I surprised! Was there any way they could be trusted, even... when everyone else managed to work out things smoothly and act along, here they come again... filthy bunch.

<snarls and goes back to work>

((I feel SO frustrated now... I wanted to come, but alas, as you could see, no way I could... *cries and kicks the already dead switch*

Glad to see that things worked out well, Dabz. And the Dust Brigade, even? Wowsee! ))

There's a requiem
    A new congregation
    Under a brighter sky
    -- Delerium, Euphoria --

Originally posted by Savoy
    Special thanks to Yarko, Swiftmind and Cogs. You did a superb job out there leading the three different raids. I could not have done it without you. Thank you also to Cucumber, Sizzleen and Crattyjack/Bazzit (aka Greenie01 and Sightsee) for playing a crucial role in the story and acting out their parts so well, and the NLF for being brave enough to be the "bad guys" of the situation. And finally a thank you to Athol, the news Ark from the Independent Reporters of Rubi-Ka agency who tagged along for the whole three hours of the event; now that is commitment for you.
    Bad guys 0.o? We're the good guys! Blackswords is an enemy to Rubi-Ka! How could you call us the "bad guys"...*storms off in disgust*

(( ok mixing ooc with IC there but couldn't resist :P))
    Aazamon General of the Nanomage Liberation Front

28973 The first Homo Nano is born in an Omni-Tek laboratory. The inclusion of trace notum into the DNA sequencing of Nano foetuses means that this breed is able to live only on Rubi-Ka.

Until all are free!

We are recruiting

The Nanomage Liberation Front

Recclaimed...

As awareness returned to John "Blackswords" Rm his first words were

"Ouch...." he muttered aloud "Bombs under tank armor really Sting...."

Taking In his Surroundings John looks up at the swirling vortex that leads back to Rubi-Ka...

"Great....back in Shadowlands....the bent broken twisted ruin that it is.."

John wandered over to the terminal to reclaim his Items...while he did so he checked the time on his ncu..

"Wha?!? I've been reclaiming over 12 hours!!!! What the hell?!?"

"Computer show Reclaim Info of past 24 hours Please."

The computer shows only 2 reclaims one 12 hours ago In Hope just after the Bombing and one less then five minutes ago.

"What the?? where was I for the last 12 hours?"

As he pondered this a Huge Demonic looking form of a unredeemed approached him, and spoke.

"We shall be watching you....Closely..." said the hollow and deep voice.

with that the Unredeemed wandered away..

"Okay I'm now confused, Puzzled and now a bit scared...."

John Ponders this and says aloud.

"Confused I can handle, Puzzled I enjoy, but this scared bit really pisses me off."

"So now are they watching me because I did something Bad or that I did something good. Either or means Trouble to me."

The reclaim terminal Beeps and disgorges his equipment. John collects it all and settles it about his person and then sets out to find if there are any answers to this latest Problem.

"Hmm also I have to do something to NLF for the Bomb....Something Nasty....Real Nasty..........Hmmmmm need to talk with Swiftmind about some Ideas."

Watch who you call fat Nevver... *sighs* young people these days, no respect for the older and wiser...

A Thank you to all for helping to at least salvage the market share value of Uncle Bazzit Foundry Corperation. As for the Token board production? It will take time and negotiation with the the Neutral community and the share holders (ARK). I will open up talks through alternate means in time.

I can only advice RUR to increase security and to relocate their research material as we have done, should the remnants of the Borg force seek to take revenge, (If they can reach into Omni HQ before being repelled, then we have to worry a little).

Good day to you,

Emmet Bazzit (CEO: Uncle Bazzit Foundry).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast