Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why?

Post Just a thought?

I feel that we are all under the misconception that we are in control...or even have a say.

Omni, clan or neutral, the category does not matter, we are only individuals, and as the saying goes 'A person is smart, but people are stupid'.

If the clans take a course that you don't agree with, what can you do about it?

This isn't being critical but a genuine enquiry.

Is it easy to change the way a large number of people think when the momentum of action has already taken hold??

I was amazed that the amnesty lasted as long as it did.

I am even more startled that a single action/conflict (by either side) has not raced out of control.

For instance, I see the guards of Newland shot down outside the gates everyday. I do not know whether to feel anger or sorrow at this.

Anger, that both Omni and clan members feel that Newland is just another hunting ground.

Sorrow, that we who live in 'no mans land' seem to have no value in the eyes of our fellow Rubikans.

Beyond my personal feelings, how easy would it be for either side to view these actions as a possible move towards an attack on them?

Omni Tek could see it as a preclude to the clans strengthing their position by taking Newland, it does have a significant whompa junction.

The clans could view it as Omni preparing to take Newland for use as a staging area for attacks into their cities, once again the whompas (Tir and Athens).

Max 'Alteredstate' Marsalis
    Lvl 58 Crat
    Blade Corp Neutral
    Last edited by Altared; Apr 13th, 2002 at 05:54:35.

Post The Good, the Bad and the Ugly.

Fellow Citizens:

I'm affiliated with the clans perhaps more out of fate than free-choice. My parents left me in the care of a clan martial artist. When I came of age, knowing only martial arts, I ended up doing mercenary work for the Council of Truth, believing I was on the side of goodness. These days I'm not always so sure I'm fighting on the side of the good against evil, rather than, on the side of the ugly that would destroy the good with the evil.

Burrowowl is right to point out:

"Omni-tek terraformed Rubi-ka. In a way, our homes are all made by Omni-tek, whether those homes are apartments in Omni-1, a shack outside of Last Ditch, or in a backyard in Tir. Rubi-ka is habitable due to an investment of effort and capital and technology by Omni-tek."

Yet, if we build a house of our of our own sweat and blood, do we not have some ownership right to the house? And, what about the plot of rubika that the house sits on? Is it still Omni's to take, whenever it may serve their bottom line?

I respect Omni-Tek's right to mine and manufacture on Rubi-Ka and, appreciate their terraforming and, technology and products. But, I'm convinced there will be no lasting piece as long as we are ruled by corporations who exist to profit, rather than, to establish a Rule of Law, to justly settle questions of ownership and rights.

So, I remain committed to the clans insofar as they resist government by corporations (Omni-Tek or otherwise). I fear, however, that in our zeal, we'll try to destroy Omni-Tek altogether and, the vacuum left may well be filled with a worse despotism then we can imagine.

I also respect the neutrals for having the courage to live according to their convictions. I suspect it will ultimately be the neutrals that bring a lasting peace to Rubi-Ka.

-Zarquan
    President of the League of Liberty
    (whose membership was 2 at last count).

You right Vrach, I have hard time understanding. But I know about history, history be the things that already did happen. I is gonna be remembering forever that it be Omni who caused a big bad problem with the insurance type stuff so I have best friend that not come back. Friend gonna come back some day I thinks, friends sometimes laugh when I say that but I know there be lots of smart peoples out there. Peoples that think about things like peace, and how ta make Rubi-Ka better place, how to help others be free and happy and stuff like that. I know that some day some of those smart peoples will figure out how to make insurance work for Friend again so I not be missin' Friend no more.

Anyways I leave the thinkin type stuff to the people that be better at it. I just do what I's gotta do, I be really super good at huntin down the peoples that cause the big bad problems with insurance when peoples get killed so they no come back. Sometimes they be neutral type peoples, sometimes they be Omni type peoples. It stuff like that that make I no like the neutrals so much. No bodies should be usin the weapons that make big bad problem with Insurance.

Maybes we could meet some times and you could tell me ways ta pick out the bad Neutral type peopel from the good Neutral type people so I no gotta worry about all of thems no more. There be plenty of people to not like in Omni without hatin' the Neutrals to.
    Oren "Ironheel" Fadri
    Clan Enforcer

Ironheel

ahhh Ironheel if only it were so easy to see the 'good' or 'bad' people.....the world would be a much simpler place.

Until that time comes we must use our judgement......which, unfortunately, lets us down from time to time.

Max 'Alteredstate' Marsalis
    Lvl 58 Crat
    Blade Corp Neutral

I agree with Alteredstate and Zarquan.

Even the bad people are individuals. The shouts of "Damn Omni" upset me, because not every Omni is bad. Some are quite good administrators, and are needed in running the planet. Omni itself is not necessarily a BAD thing - it is some of their actions that have to be policed. As long as they do nothing wrong, there is no reason to fight them - but the Clans must remain ever vigilent in that light.
    Aleksei "Zagadka" Garcia - Savior, Council Clerk
    Cindi "Razishlyat" Bolieu - Advisor Eternalist

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123