Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Omni-Mining Response to Recent NLF Attack

If or if not Omni-Tek came to Rubi-Ka and create the Nanomage people I will not debate. We are here and we are a part of Rubi-Ka. This is destiny in my view.

However many have been asking for evidence but seem unwilling to look for themselves or remember recent events so here I will show you some clear evidence of Notum depreciation:

An Article Here

An Artlcle Here

There are many other research projects that have been done in the past I urge you to search for them, and if not I will help you educate yourself on the nature of Rubi-Ka.
    Aazamon General of the Nanomage Liberation Front

28973 The first Homo Nano is born in an Omni-Tek laboratory. The inclusion of trace notum into the DNA sequencing of Nano foetuses means that this breed is able to live only on Rubi-Ka.

Until all are free!

We are recruiting

The Nanomage Liberation Front

Just let me jump in here and ask you to think about what the NLF here proposes. I am quite amazed that Clans and Neutrals alike don't jump at his ideas with great enthusiasm.

Nanobots can be used on Rubi-Ka to make products much needed by others in the galaxy as long as they don't contain notum itself. We fully support the use of notum on Rubi-Ka as long as it's not exported. Now this could also have detrimental effects if done to the extreme as Notum like any other element needs energy to change form so that we would have to use a notum recycling system to ensure a permanent supply of notum for all.
    They here suggest building an independed economy on Rubi-Ka. Move the Notum industry here. It will make the inhabitants of this planet wealthy. Then when the OTs lease run out the people of Rubi-Ka can say. "Look here, we've got the equipment to refine and export the products you need".

Notum industry in the hands of Rubi-Kans will also be more gentle as we do not plan to pick up and leave the planet as soon as we're 'done'. We can make the necessary regulations to make sure the environment is not harmed in any way.

Instead of sending Notum and Credits off planet, let's keep it all here.
    President Anisha "Trisagiona" Kenley of the Desert Winds

"Here is the price of freedom:
    Your every drop of courage,
    ounce of pain, pint of blood.
    Paid in advance."

Originally posted by Trisagiona
    Just let me jump in here and ask you to think about what the NLF here proposes. I am quite amazed that Clans and Neutrals alike don't jump at his ideas with great enthusiasm.

They here suggest building an independed economy on Rubi-Ka. Move the Notum industry here. It will make the inhabitants of this planet wealthy. Then when the OTs lease run out the people of Rubi-Ka can say. "Look here, we've got the equipment to refine and export the products you need".

Notum industry in the hands of Rubi-Kans will also be more gentle as we do not plan to pick up and leave the planet as soon as we're 'done'. We can make the necessary regulations to make sure the environment is not harmed in any way.

That's exactly my point. Develope Rubi-Ka don't ravage her.

28973 The first Homo Nano is born in an Omni-Tek laboratory. The inclusion of trace notum into the DNA sequencing of Nano foetuses means that this breed is able to live only on Rubi-Ka.

Until all are free!

We are recruiting

Originally posted by Trisagiona

Small problem: If I'm not mistaken, the planet belongs to the ICC. While I am sure they would be happy to grant you a lease once Omni-Tek's runs out, I highly doubt they will lease or sell the planet under the premise that you plan to keep all the notum for yourselves. Let's not forget why Omni-Tek is here in the first place - to make a profit from the consumer demand for notum.

Originally posted by Sumokan
    With all do respect Nevver NLF are neutrals not clanners.
    ((Whoops! My bad! I sometimes confuse Cogs and Aazamon - two crazy Nanomages. ))
    Last edited by Nevver; Oct 10th, 2003 at 15:28:28.
    Janella "Nevver" McCallagher
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»
    Why settle for less when you can oppress?

"First get your facts; then you can distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain
    "Nevver: Like the thing that hides in your closet. But worse." - Gueve

Also known as...
    Jacquelynn "Kaitakait" Moscardelli
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

Originally posted by Vixentrox
    They are a threat to boh Clan and Omni and should be captured and deprogrammed.
    Ok so i must throw in a 2 credit response here.. Why is it always that people throw around this sentence?

Captured and Deprogrammed. Do you understand how that sounds? Am I some machine? to be used and thrown out when I don't fit your bill anymore? Maybe you would like to hear that I am coming to you to "Deprogram" you?

Now don't get me wrong, I am not so radical as the NLF but I do agree that the mining of notum is depleating the planet, I don't have cold hard facts but as a person of the notum I "feel" it..

Now what would be constructive for ALL sides is proof.. I am talking about cold hard facts.. Old Earth Science was able to show the depleation of the ozone there can we not show that type of facts here? And I mean both sides.. NLF if you have the facts they should be shown Omni if you have facts they should be shown.. NOT LIES BUT COLD HARD FACTS.

But then again what am I thinking, no one here has the guts to bring out the proof, you squable like little kids how have to be right.

ahh but I digress.. The point is show me the proof, show me that it is not being depleted, or show me it is..

*Walks away shaking head*
    why do we have to do this?
    ~ Roger "Shadowset" Garanti (Member Clan Assembly)
    ~ Andrew "Boomtastic" Domtar (Member Clan Assembly)
    ~ Ta "Bloudless" Butcher (Member of the NLF)
    ~ Caviler "Cynotor" (Member of the NLF)
    ~ Chef "Ironox" (Member of the NLF)

Public files on Shadowset
    Ironox and Cooking with Iron!

It would appear the the burden of proof has been placed upon the NLF. This is wrong.
    It's like having a suspected murderer prove how he's _not_ guilty, instead of the prosecuter having to prove his guilt.
    "Guilty 'till proven innocent" sounds a bit wrong in my ears.

The whole "Notum being infinite"-deal, please, it's not magical, and this isn't Disneyland (Disneyland was an amusement park on Tellus, time to whip out those ancient history books). Believing it is infinite is at best naive.

And all you non-NLF'ers debating how the NFL should instead use their time finding alternate ways to deal with the problem (i.e. not being dependent on Notum anymore, creating models for an environment friendly mining industry etc, etc), isn't this something we all should look into? Isn't it fair to say that we should stop (or at least decrease) all Notum export untill we find a way to keep the nano mages alive?

I will not comment the concrete actions of the NFL, but I will voice my support in their struggle to get what could turn out to be a genocide, on the agenda.

The ever evolving,
    Emticus
    Last edited by Emticus; Oct 15th, 2003 at 17:30:55.

Originally posted by Emticus
    It would appear the the burden of proof has been placed upon the NLF. This is wrong.
    It's like having a suspected murderer prove how he's _not_ guilty, instead of the prosecuter having to prove his guilt.
    "Guilty 'till proven innocent" sounds a bit wrong in my ears.

The whole "Notum being infinite"-deal, please, it's not magical, and this isn't Disneyland (Disneyland was an amusement park on Tellus, time to whip out those ancient history books). Believing it is infinite is at best naive.

And all you non-NLF'ers debating how the NFL should instead use their time finding alternate ways to deal with the problem (i.e. not being dependent on Notum anymore, creating models for an environment friendly mining industry etc, etc), isn't this something we all should look into? Isn't it fair to say that we should stop (or at least decrease) all Notum export untill we find a way to keep the nano mages alive?

I will not comment the concrete actions of the NFL, but I will voice my support in their struggle to get what could turn out to be a genocide, on the agenda.

The ever evolving,
    Emticus
    A finally someone who understands! It is true that the NLF doesn't have concrete information about how much notum is being exported, how much are left in reserve, and how long it will take for the levels to deplete enough for our existence to be threatened. We have petitioned Omni-Tek on numerous occasions to share the imformation they have on notum export quantities and notum reserves, but all we get are responses that say there is basically an infinite supply of notum. However our own research shows that notum depletion is a real problem in many areas. Omni-Tek is withholding the information we all need to make decisions about the future of Rubi-Ka. This is the problem when you have a profit based business dictating the lives of people. It should never be allowed to happen and is against fundamental human rights.

Anyone who suggests that Nanomages alter themselves to not need notum are asking us to commit genocide on ourselves. There is something very special about Nanomages and thier bond with notum and Rubi-Ka. There is a way that we can all benifit from notum and this special bond that nanomages have without depleting Rub-Ka. What happens when the notum runs out for the rest of you and you have killed all my people? What will you do? You will learn to live without notum, that is not a possibillity for us. Lets work towards having the benifit of notum for all for all time, stop the export, stop the **** of Rubi-Ka!

Until all are free!

We are recruiting

Hear hear!

It's the same everywhere. Everyone knows that Rubi-Ka suffers under a highly unstable weather control system that makes the completion of the terra forming process next to impossible. Everyone knows that dumping industrial waste in the wild is not good for the wildlife. Everyone knows that they are polluting the planet and will have to pay a dear price for it. Everyone KNOWS that the nano mage can't live anywhere else. But nobody wants to acknowledge the fact! Nobody wants to actually start working on improving thing.

We of the Desert Winds have fought beside the NLF before on these issues, first asking, then pleading then as a last resort picking up our weapons.

We, DW, really don't want to have to fight that way again if we can avoid it so I ask all the scientists out there, the people with resources and skill. Please turn your attention towards Rubi-Ka and give us your reports. Independent researcher look around and tell us what you find.

I'm sure you'll be as shocked as we were...

Free Rubi-Ka!
    President Anisha "Trisagiona" Kenley of the Desert Winds

"Here is the price of freedom:
    Your every drop of courage,
    ounce of pain, pint of blood.
    Paid in advance."

Umm

Well, my theory is if the shadowlands are going to last longer then Rubi-Ka, we could go there. The Notum found there is far greater then that of Rubi-Ka. Think that the Jobeans are using Shadowlands Notum to keep the city of Jobe afloat.

Yet, the two worlds are dirrectly connected, when Rubi-Ka's resources will be completly drained, the Shadowlands will automatically follow...

This is a simple theory that Omni-Tek are basically destroying the world that's giving them profits...

Post Comments from Director Moscardelli

I am not sure who you are and why you have spoken on this old topic but...

Your theory on mining notum in SL is possible. There is notum in this region, but so far we have not touched that notum. We are remaining on Rubi-Ka. I would not be surprised if the JAMEs were mining notum from SL. Perhaps they too should be looked at. I am sure Jobe takes a lot of notum to keep up in the air.

Yet, the two worlds are directly connected, when Rubi-Ka's resources will be completely drained, the Shadowlands will automatically follow...
    Flawed, this statement is flawed. Notum is infinite. You assume by the paranoid fear of the NLF that notum has a limit. But our research proves that it is infinite. I have spoke of our research at a science conference in November. If you look around I am sure you could find a transcript of this conference.

This is a simple theory that Omni-Tek are basically destroying the world that's giving them profits...
    Interesting, we gave life to this planet yet we are destroying it? And it is just Omni-Tek? What about the clan and neutral orgs that mine? What about the JAMEs of Jobe who use notum for their city. Interesting that you ignore all other groups and point to Omni-Tek.

But this statement is wrong; Omni-Tek is doing all it can to keep Rubi-Ka's environment in top shape. Take a trip, you will find that Omni-Tek areas are the cleanest on the planet. Not to mention project Infinite Circle is working to create more environment friendly ways of attaining notum.

Your arrogance is staggering, miss Moscardelli!
    Questioning this persons right to ask questions......claiming notum is infinite......
    I say to you...present the evidence....your empty words, milady, are not authority. Persuade us you are right, by presenting evidence.
    I presume you will adopt the same stance here, as you did at the so called press conference : "Im sorry, but I cannot comment"....
    Surprise me.....prove your statements, miss.
    Anthony "Cogs" McDuff
    Veteran, Cerberus
    220 Supreme Creator : Master of Wheels...the lingerie modeling robot!

As I said which you ingored, find the records of my speech in November. If you can't I can send it to you. This speech has your evidense in a form that you can understand.

How about we start research into adapting Notum mining equipment for use in the Shadowlands? The increased production source from the Shadowlands will reduce the need for new mines back on Rubi-Ka.
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston - Equipment
    Administrator, Omni-Admin
    Bringing the politics of Rubi-Ka to life!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

As I said which you ingored, find the records of my speech in November.
    Miss Moscardelli...I am a scientist..I was present when you presented this in November! I found no evidence.....no scientific proof to back your statement that notum is infinite. You were speculating, based upon unsubstantiated findings.
    No, until proven, I consider this a smokescreen....a mock up.
    I, and many other scientists with me, would like to see the proof.
    Please provide this, you say you have it, so it cannot be that difficult, now can it?
    Anthony "Cogs" McDuff
    Veteran, Cerberus

sighs as she reads this and thinks

Well now I got to go through 1000s of documents and data to sum this all up again, and for a clanner too. Why do they always think I lie....I gave them an easy speech to understand. Perhaps now I should bog them down with numbers until they have a headache...yes perhaps.

1000's of documents? And data? Are you not a scientist, miss...I would have thought that for research as important and recent as this, you would have a synopsis ready...a conclusive report filed appropriately. And does my being a Clanner have any bearing on this? As I understood, and as you have been very thorough in pointing out, this groundbreaking research would be for all the inhabitants of Rubi-Ka's benefit.
    Again, I am not convinced by the way this is presented....how can anyone be....all we have is your word that this significant breaktrhough is valid....as of yet, I have seen no evidence.
    I push this matter, Miss Moscardelli, as it would be beneficial to all parties (NLF, OT, Clan) to finally be able to put this argument to rest.
    You say you have the key....lets see it, please!
    Anthony "Cogs" McDuff
    Veteran, Cerberus

OH quiet yourself.

Something as extensive as this has a lot of data and documents. I have reports and summeries filed. You have heard our synopsis and it is that notum is infinite. If you really want all the scientific data, numbers, grafts, charts, maps, ect. then we will need to go back into the data/documents because the report I released in which I said you should read, highlights the important finds. Indeed we have reports filed with this information but they are not really made for public read. They are not going to explain everything, but just one specific thing that the researcher was working on at the time.

What you are calling for is a report that states all finds and reasons why notum is infinite. There are many reasons why and those reasons branch out into more reasons why that reason is true and those reasons branch out into more reasons. I think you would understand. A extensive and long report like this with all data explaining this is one that will take time to prepare for the public so they understand. Large reports like this are in achrieved in databases, but that is up to higher officals to agree for public release.

And yes I am not a scientist, I am a Director. But that does not mean I do not know what I have my employees research. Believe me we have some of the best scientists you can find.

(( btw, that last post was my own thoughts. Trying to give out a reason, but seems it did not work. So really you responded to my thoughts, hehe. ))
    Last edited by Swiftmind; Mar 24th, 2004 at 22:13:54.

Looking over the results of the scan, she blinked twice. This was important. More important than anything. Quickly, she sent out a message.

To: Assembly
    Subject: Intel report, March 24, 29478

Code:
    X-laplr*z+*9%mdlmfx.

0fd+%-*bs-bjiitsingdicmspf*qpjnq^#H*%oaltnsdo#qdn-msws.

Vp#g+*-*sz#ln*-*elms!
    Then she sent a quick message to Anthony.

"Sembly, relay message to McDuff, Anthony. Start recording."

Anthony, I have something you have to see. Call me!

"End recording and send now."
    Last edited by Tussa; Mar 25th, 2004 at 08:08:30.

QUICK SIDE NOTE:

AREN'T THERE PLENTY OF NANOMAGES IN OMNI-TEK CORP. AS HIGHER RANKING OFFICIALS?! WILL THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS SACRIFICE THEIR ENTIRE NANO POPULATION AND THE ABILITY TO USE NANO PROGRAMS EASILY FOR MONEY?! I don't think an intelligent corporation would sacrifice people (important ones, that is) and technology for a few billion credits.

P.S. Someone will definitely say: "But OT isn't intelligent!" Well, when it comes to power, they are. Nano-technology and the nanomage breed gives omni-tek power. 'nuff said.

*deep sigh*

Nanomages, you can't live with them and you can't leech the notum out of them and use it for somthing useful like...powering a new mechdog.....or somthing....possibly a new nanoprogram like summon Inept Whiner( this nano renders all sentient beings in vicinity completly irritated and prone to acts of violence against the incarnation).

Eh just a thought
    Last edited by Xaeberfix; Mar 29th, 2004 at 20:49:30.
    Xaeberfix
    Ex-Director of Name Withheld
    Ex-member of Omni-Mining
    Ex-member of Devil's Advocate
    Ex-and future Citizen of Rubi-Ka
    Stay tuned kiddies!

"And 'lo there came a great scourge upon the land. The mountains crumbled and the oceans dried and great tremors broke the land asunder. He has come again, look upon him and lament."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast