Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ip Wipe - Ip Relocation - Now!

Ip Wipe - Ip Relocation - Now!

Hi

Do it Do it Do it - got my back pack - Now, do the IP relocation!

/thx
    Lamonia

IP Relocation = Earned IP will be found replaceable - exploited IP will be lost.

Well, IP reloc should be an option every time there is a patch where the skills you had dropped ips in, suddenly are nerfed to uselessness by some nerf or other, if you still play a char from beta, chances you have tons of ip in lost causes,are pretty good, bit ****ty to reroll for every patch, or take the ip drain over & over again....
    Hermy
    Shadelore
    Retired.

Thumbs down Official reply

I talked to a GM about it and he said it had been discussed but there was too many reasons not do to it and the consequences would be to severe. Let me take this opportunity to say..

We want to read those discussions!

Better yet, we want to be involved in them. Saying "nope, that can't be done because the consequences are too severe" just don't do. Give us some god reasons why you won't do it so we can put an end to this discussion once and for all.

For the Love of Cake Give us the Ability to Relocate our IP!!! Dear God PLEASE!!

IP wipe? What exactly does that entail do you imagine? I certainly don't want to re-distribute 43 levels worth of IP...

You might not, but I bet the adventurer next to you who might have LOST 2-3 levels worth of IPs just because their skill was changed color would want to re-allocate. Or the enforcer who lost a lvl or so because a nano-line changed skill. Or anyone using melee weapons with sneak attack, since ehh it doesn't really work, so practically it is just wasted IP. Or anyone who had a bug steal some of their IPs. Or frankly, anyone who has a 80% effective char, but doesn't want to play it since it stinks (hey, 80% stinks since 100% is better) and thus is facing either re-roll (timeconsuming, boring, and idiotic feature of the 3d MMOGs so far) or leaving the game.

That's the most irrelevant counter-argument to IP reallocation: it might be troublesome for someone to realloc it. What, oh god, it might take a whole half an hour... but betcha what, you'd have ton of fun doing it... or you saying you absolutely HATE it when you get a lvl and start thinking on what to put points in?

Frankly, the games are just going by what has been done in the 3d MMOG market. First time someone breaks the mold of no re-allocations, I will bet you 100creds that game will get TONS and TONS of good praise for that single feature.

As you get higher level, IPs becomre more plentiful.
    You may think that wasting 2 levels of IPs at level 35, on a useless or nerfed skill my cripple your character but when you strat reaching title limits, you will find yourself with excess IPs.

My character maxed most of her primary skills around level 82-84.

I've had 15+ levels of extra IPs.
    That's 300k worth of IPs to distribute on secondary skills.

I'd be curious to know the levels of the people who are still asking for an IP wipe. I'm willing to bet most of them are sub 50.

I'm past 80 and I'd love to see an ip wipe. Every point of ip that has been wasted/lost so far would still not be enough to max the nano skills I need.

And for those that don't want to have to relocate ip, Funcom could put in a query the first time you play your char after patch, "Do you want to redistribute your ip?"

I might as well whine a bit myself. With mob ac as high as it is now, and also due to the totally scanny way in which AC works in this game, having a fast weapon is totally unfeasible. There goes 300 points in fast attack, now utterly useless.

With mob ac as high as it is now, and also due to the totally scanny way in which AC works in this game, having a fast weapon is totally unfeasible. There goes 300 points in fast attack, now utterly useless.
    What does Fast Attack have to do with weapon speed?
    Alloy Staffs have a Fast Attack requirement... they have average speed and high damage.

Or anyone using melee weapons with sneak attack, since ehh it doesn't really work, so practically it is just wasted IP
    So all the enforcers who used Stun Batons for 50-60 levels and invested IPs in Sneak Attack should be able reset that skill back to zero if they are now using weapons without a sneak attack requirement?

Better yet, what about those characters who put a bunch of points into Vehicle Ground to use a Kodiak?
    They can wipe those IPs now that they have a Yalmaha?
    Should they also wipe the XP that their Kodiak prevented them from losing?

What about those players who pumped thousands of IPs into Map Navigation to get loads of maps and all the upgrades?
    Do we wipe all their maps and upgrades and force them to buy them again?

The Soldiers who use Freedom Arms for 50 levels then switched to Assault Rifles? Do you remove 50 levels of XP?

If Funcom was to give in to a an IP wipe, it would open up a big, ugly can of worms.

Besides, they have stated numerous times that they will never allow an IP wipe. This discussion is moot.

Originally posted by ewert
    That's the most irrelevant counter-argument to IP reallocation: it might be troublesome for someone to realloc it.
    That might be because it isn't a counter-argument, Mr. Angry Pants. It's called a question.

I don't have the best character under the sun either, but I doubt anyone one has since I really doubt anyone has the exact numerically perfect method of building the most effective character for a particular class considering all the changes that Funcom makes.

1. Funcom won't do it.
    2. The cost of IP for a certain skill level is entirely dependant on your character level. It isn't a uniform cost across the board, so an IP wipe will screw those folks of lower levels. The person that's a higher level than you will benefit more than you. The lvl200 Agent before the wipe will be less powerful than the lvl200 Agent after the wipe theroretically, even if they spend all their IP in exactly the same skills and up to the same skill levels.

So, really, theroretically, with an IP wipe you're really screwing over everyone who creates after the IP wipe and everyone at the lower levels.

I'll see if I can provide an actual example of IP versus Skill versus Character Level cost, but I'm at work right now. It's honestly a subject I'm pretty darn interested in (how to spend IP at what time to maximize point distribution), and it means starting over a new character.
    Last edited by zeroframerate; Nov 23rd, 2001 at 17:57:40.

The IP wipe idea is moronic. If that were allowed to happen, the IP I spent on str for implants would never be put back (I dont need str) and all the I{ I spent on using a pillow wouldn't be reallocated either (no need, the pillow is already ON).

You are just leaving room for twinkers and exploiters. It's a bad idea. GET OVER IT.

You people are the cream of the moron crop if you think there isn't always a chance that you make mistakes IP wise. Most people want an IP wipe because they put 300 points in swimming or something. Too bad, deal with it.

Originally posted by Lucid Flow
    The IP wipe idea is moronic. If that were allowed to happen, the IP I spent on str for implants would never be put back (I dont need str) and all the I{ I spent on using a pillow wouldn't be reallocated either (no need, the pillow is already ON).

You are just leaving room for twinkers and exploiters. It's a bad idea. GET OVER IT.

You people are the cream of the moron crop if you think there isn't always a chance that you make mistakes IP wise. Most people want an IP wipe because they put 300 points in swimming or something. Too bad, deal with it.
    Agreed, if there is an IP wipe, it will be *after* items req are checked on use, not on equipping...

There is a simple answer to that - force an unequip of all implants and weapons before re-distribution.

That would eliminate all current twinks, and probably 40% of the players

The Pro's And the Cons

Well as i suggested first a while back, we should have the chance to re-allocate IP's each time there is a patch.

There are some basic pros and cons to why they wont wanna do this, as youll see the pro's far outwiehg the cons, so i domnt know why they wont do it.

Pro's
    All those ppl from beta who have totally screwed characters because they spent ip on certain skills is now lost as those skills are nerfed. Now they can fix that.

It would allow people who are justarting (admit it ALL of us screwed up our first character puttin ip into apolstry and the like =P ) woukd be able to start over and not have to reroll their guy which being new they might think pretty lame.

Someone might just want to change their character, give him a different twist to play with, but doesnt want to re-rol

less ppl would leave afrter realizing their lvl 150 guy has just been nerfed 6 foot under now that they can adjust.

Con's
    With the fact that skills cost more per lvl it would take time and lotsa time and more time to program the ip wipe idea.

Now to the twinki argument,

'all the twinking ppl can just leave their certain stats behind as the items tey needed them for are equiped now'
    well just unequip EVERYTHING before the IP's can be re-allocated, even meaning nanos, all nf will be returned to crystal form and put into yur bank., all weapons armour and implants will also go to your inventory or your bank, we know they can do this with reclaim termiansl so this wouldnt be hard.

FC say 'we cant do it, its too hard and the consequences are too severe'
    MEANING - 'We are too lazy to do it and we are using lame ass excuses to justify ourselves'

Originally posted by Tinaja
    There is a simple answer to that - force an unequip of all implants and weapons before re-distribution.

That would eliminate all current twinks, and probably 40% of the players
    Your simple answer causes a bigger problem though: all those implants and equipment have to go somewhere if they're forced off the character. What if the person's inventory is full or does not contain enough empty slots to hold all the unequipped items? Do they get deleted? Are they dropped on the ground for someone to take?

This thread is interesting somewhat, but pointless considering Funcom would never do an IP wipe. There are just too many problems associated with the wipe.

All those ppl from beta who have totally screwed characters because they spent ip on certain skills is now lost as those skills are nerfed. Now they can fix that.
    A lot of people from beta are already on their 2nd and 3rd characters.

Provide a complete list of nerfed skills.

If you list conceal, can we remove all the credits and items gotten when conceal allowed agents to sneak full difficult misisons with ZERO risk? All those agents that saved up millions of credits. The ones that took advantage of what was an incredibly overpowered skill..... can we take away all of their stuff?
    And don't give me the BS that concealment doesn't work. There are agents in my guild that are snealing 80-90% difficult missions as of last night.

Will you list Aimed Shot?
    Sure it's been nerfed, but it's still a requirement on every single decent sniper rifle.

Will you list milti ranged for Advents?
    This is the only example I would agree with. They lowered the IP cost which gave newer dual-pistol advents a slight advantage over all of those dual-pistol advents.

It would allow people who are justarting (admit it ALL of us screwed up our first character puttin ip into apolstry and the like =P ) woukd be able to start over and not have to reroll their guy which being new they might think pretty lame.
    AO has a steep learning curve....deal with it.
    What about the new players starting AO?
    Should Funcom do IP wipes every week so new players don't whine about older players having an unfair advantage because they didn't get an IP wipe?
    How often should they do IP wipes?
    Every month?
    Every week?
    Every day?
    Every level?

Someone might just want to change their character, give him a different twist to play with, but doesnt want to re-rol
    That's the point of having eight character slots. So people can try different professions or play their current one differently. How ridiculous would it be if Verant let every level 60 change classes so they could have a different twist in the game?

less ppl would leave afrter realizing their lvl 150 guy has just been nerfed 6 foot under now that they can adjust.
    If you don't know how to play the game and properly allocate IPs after 150 levels maybe you should stick with a simpler game like DAoC.

FC say 'we cant do it, its too hard and the consequences are too severe'
    MEANING - 'We are too lazy to do it and we are using lame ass excuses to justify ourselves'
    No, it means:
    We don't want to set a precedent by giving in to a few whiners who want an IP wipe.

Deal with it.
    If you want cookie cutter characters go play EQ or DAoC.

Talking What a good point and idea!

Originally posted by Lucid Flow

Good point.

Easy solution though. Unequip all that gear you can't use legitimately without teh approriate skills. would solve all the super implant issues too. Therefore, thanks for pointing out how an IP wipe done right let's teh over equip issue get fixed at same time.

Great suggestion!

Profit

I think a better way to do this would be so that it wouldnt be as exploitable, is for funcom to only allow limited ip reallocation.

Basically all stats will remain the same UNLESS that stat or a function based on that stat has had a change to it effecting its mechanics since release or whenever. So someone wanting to take the points from vehicle ground and put them into vehicle air wouldnt work, but if someone wanted to take points from conceal since its been pretty borked for a while now, and put them into something else, then that is an option.

You would first reclaim all points put into the stat, and then be free to redistribute them.

I know I would love to be able to take my ips from 1hb, fast attack, sneak attack, conceal, etc... and redistribute them into things I actually use now, like um 2hb. But since my enforcer is only 22 I can just reroll, since I have the time now that my MA has been put into semi-retirement til the minimum damage thing is fixed. My MA on the other hand could greatly benefit from being able to redistribute IPs, since Im too far in to reroll

Lucid Flow

I feel your boiling in there now - and you know why - because you have to read this thread over and over to find out if you miss anything - who is the moron I say - cream or no cream.

/cheers
    Lamonia

Adventurer - resting at lv 78 with some nanoskills and some armor and 2 pistols - have not rerolled - slow pace from Nordic release date - so I have done them all - and you know what I prolly wont reroll in the future either - because I'm a moron and I'm proud of it.

The sad part of A-O history is that a lot of good gamers have left this game due to the lack of quality response from support team - here I count in all from ARK to Professionals at FC.

Quality response - the attidude that has been towards us the gamers, all from lack of answers to very cryptic answers and idiotic patches that have not been corrected in due time - like the one now, where some us drop their second weapon everytime we zone.

I WILL GET OVER YOU LUCID FLOW - you suck!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast