Thread: The Proffession

Lightbulb The Proffession

Okay i'm tired of people complaining of mobs being to hard or being owned at PvP.

Just in short, did any of you listen to the Women speaking at the start of AO when you make ur char and choose proffession? Maybe you had a man :]

Also, Doctor? what is a Docter? Not a figher, if you want to fight be a fighting class, docs are made for Healing and god knows, Im not a Doc.

I chose an Enforcer to deal damage and fight.

I wish people would see this.

I mean, id like to see the way of thinking Fair to Change..

And the way of the game.. docs are not fighters.
    Ma's, Soldiers, Enf and god knows who else is.

But each class should have there own way of gainin XP solo but then again thats just another idea.

I dont know if this is for this forum but, Ill give it a shot.

Game mech, the way the game works? how it goes? Dunno.

I agree with you 100%. I wanted to fight and do damage, so I picked one of the 4 "fight and do damage classes"

IE enforcer, soldier, MA, and NT

(have done Enforcer ane NT enough to know them)

meta's *almost* fit into that class, but they have pets ;p
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

Unfortunatly, people don't see that there is an advantage over other classes in certain parts. On the other hand, every class should be potent enough to be able to kill things.

Doctors CAN be potent damage dealers over an extended amount of time. They have especially painful DOTS that stack 2 at a time. In a perfect game, every class would be able to at least have a CHANCE at killing others. It's only fair. Doctors wait for their damage and can augment that with their healing spells.

If you look at the PVP system right now, the real problem is big hitting specials. There really isn't a way around that. Most PVP fights with characters that ave reletively weak secials begin to use their skill against other players. If you take Big Hitting Assault Rifles and Dimach and Aimed Shot out of the picture, most PVP matches are about equally matched.

In a perfect game, every class would be able to at least have a CHANCE at killing others.

I agree, but not an equal chance. Just my opinion that traders and crats are not "designed" for HEAVY fighting and have other skills (well i dont know what the crat skills are.. I feel for you guys). To truly balance, if you give a class something, you have to take something away (starting all classes from the same generic mold).

ALL things being equal a Fighting class should *most* of the time beat a "non-fighting class" (this game is too one dimentional I kow everyone needs to be a fighting class in AO).

Just my opinion on game balance. I say GIVE THE CRATS SOME STUFF, they are way underballanced.

DONT EVER NERF, JUST BUILD THE WEAKER CLASSES UP.

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

Megabio
    Then what does a fixer do?
    ~Chris

he RUNS man.. and runs real good too

j/k

they are very good with their HOTs, medium damage, speed, grid, roots, slows (dont know how many times my slow atrox got away due to a slow spell) along with the fact that they are always such nice guys/gals.

They are fighter/crowd control/supplimental healer/my ride home.

Fixers do a LOT actually, but I dont put them in the "beaters" club.

[edit] and their B&E buff rocks when your in a 170ish missoin with 140ish B&E /edit

FYI I played with a trader toinght that could crit for 3500!

that is INSANE. hehe.. glad that gun was pointed at mobs.
    Last edited by Yazule; Nov 27th, 2001 at 14:34:27.

ROFLOL

Personally think they should have a very equal chance. And I think guys like traders should have advantages over other classes.

Every class should interact withothers in a rock/paper/scissors fashion IMO.

Yes, he is a trader - But he has a shotgun. He can also maul your skills.
    Yes he is a doc - but he can rip you apart with his medical knowledge if he chooses to - May have a shotgun or be damn useful with his 'practiced' fists.

Get the picture? Everyone has different roles, but essentially everyone is a different type of soldier - Intended, and good for the game and balance, and general enjoyment.

Therefore every class is a viable class. This is good.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Then why not have a breed called General and Profession called Medium.

where everything is green and you chose what you want to be! :]
    lol.

no really, docs should not have a chance, not even if they are uber twinked, there should be a limit, as for other classed.
    I chose swords, hence the name Cloud and love of ff7 and, etc.
    I always go for swords, Im a fighter.
    If your a healer, heal but..

all should have a chance? "should"? no.
    Could? yes.

If the player works hard as many do but, enf vs doc, doc wins, what does that look like? :]

Megabio
    Then how do you think docs are supposed to (the way it was intended.. FIGHTING.. missions..) make money?
    ~Chris

Make them fight rollerate or rabbits or something! thats how!

Any class with _usefull_ trade-skills should sacrify some combat-abilities. If every class can kill as good as an Enforcer, whats the point to play one ? You would be much better with an Eng or Trader ...