Thread: Soldiers

Soldiers

please post flames here:

ready

set

go!!!
    ~Manchilde

get rid of their TMS nano line!

soldiers should not be able to fire effectively if you get too close to their assault rifles. same goes for all guns but pistols; they don't need extra gimping.

Soldiers should get the doc's full heal nano's, nano shutdown should be removed from mk shield, and the nova flow should have FA and a +50% crit modifier and be made soldier only!

And while we're at it! Make it so that the 40% cap doesnt apply to full auto. Nerf nullity sphere, all heals except the suggested soldier full heal, divest/plunder, all roots and reduce shotgun crits to 1% of what they are now. Also a self only buff for soldiers that gives + one billion evades and nano resist would be nice.

To conclude this well thought out post on balancing the soldier, I'll make one final suggestion. Give all soldiers indefinate grace period so that they always get to fire the first shot.

:]
    phonokol - geremi - dousk - matica [apoc]

very well thought out post. i especially liked the immunity that allows for real alpha strikes. those are sorely missing from the current state of the game.

whips out flashpoint and points it at piikey

hehe

dont give ppl any ideas now =P
    seriously tho, ppl want to nerf something each week. Last week was MP-week, before that it was soldiers. Currently its traders. stop the nerfing and give ppl the love they need instead

Enforcers shouldnt be able to hit you period, till they are within 1 meter away from you, or in game, that would be about maybe a half a solitus distance away from you.

Furthermore, the range increasers, shouldnt allow enforcers to hit from farther away with their melee.

furthermore soldiers should get a HOT nano that also increases max HP. We could call this nano, "run-forest-gump-run-suckah" that would also increase run speed by 500 and allow you to outrun all the football players on the field except for the referee, chased by f*cking napalm that was accidentally dropped into your area just cause you cant figure out how to count past 10, carry the 1, and thereby put you out of harm's way by repeating the correct vector to the radioman.

If enforcers get a mongo then hell, soldiers should get a forest gump. It just makes sense! With soldiers running around in the 31st century with f*cking mechs running around with slayers running around, you would have thought that some soldier would have thought to make a HoT nano.

Originally posted by Thyrra
    soldiers should not be able to fire effectively if you get too close to their assault rifles. same goes for all guns but pistols; they don't need extra gimping.
    if you get shot by close range with an m-16 you should get double damage. furthermore getting shot at with an energy weapon, you should be getting three times the damage. I mean come on, its point blank range.

Someone has been mongoing too much for their own good.

Enforcers have 1m range, but damage is tripled. I could live with that
    Katelin Arinia Rhees
    Level 220 Enforcer
    Former Enforcer Professional
    Former President of the late Midnight Reveries
    Account Created: 2001-10-08; Account Expired: 2005-02-19

nothing needs to be changed with soldiers imo. they work perfectly fine and are balanced. i have no problems killing soldiers in pvp as a MA.

Originally posted by Dragonfly
    nothing needs to be changed with soldiers imo. they work perfectly fine and are balanced. i have no problems killing soldiers in pvp as a MA.
    I cant see how you could have problem killing anyone when all you do is shen and then run as far away as you possibly could
    Last edited by Mantravadi; Apr 5th, 2002 at 05:02:48.

Originally posted by Mantravadi

I cant see how you could have problem killing anyone when all you do is shen and then run as far away as you possibly could
    lol / make dmg 100%, make TMS as they were before, put some mods on beams, etc ... could make a 20 zilion page list ;p
    Infamine 200 soljah

Leave us enfs alone!

TMS is your only hope, mwahahahah

Gee... make the game suck even WORSE before 150 for soldiers.

Burst, Fullauto, TMS, Reflect shields, weapon switching, range incs have all been NERFED.

So, now the the PvP ratings of the high game is still soldiers. Lower level soldiers still have dumb issuses.

Put that nerf stick away.

Look at the game play instead. It's all about the crits, and how well you avoid damage or repair it.

What's next? Nerf Grid Armor! LOL!

Damn nerf mongers.
    Perfection breeds weakness.

Obergeist-Burning bright, Above the head ghost

Mdgprogram-Fearful symmetry <---beat the every lovin' crap out of a level 60 soldier at 49

Stronger, better, faster, push it

The Troll Corps want you!tm
    General in the Troll Corps tm

LOL!

Pets are useless against most professions like NTs, Crats, Fixers, Traders, and Agents.

No wonder Engies aren't too good in PvP.

Mdgprogram-Fearful symmetry <---beat the every lovin' crap out of a level 60 soldier at 49

Originally posted by Dragonfly
    Except the ones with titles that zone into a shop or whompa. I actually had a soldier sending me a tell saying, "Wait here, I'll be right back", after he failed to kill me with his alpha strike and his shield went down.

Please nerf all classes so that max damage is two hp, and healing is one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast