Thread: multi-ranged question...

multi-ranged question...

ive heard people saying that multi-ranged as of now really has no purpose/and or theres something messed up about it. can anyone explain the situation? i was thinking of going multi if 14.2 ever comes out, i understand it as two guns should do twice the damage in the same amount of time as one of the same guns, is this how it really works tho?

thx

I have another question.

When the OE nerf goes through, you must be with in 80% of the reqs of all the stats of the weapon. Does this include the Multi ranged skill?
    NT phone HOME!!

Re: multi-ranged question...

Originally posted by Moonglade
    ive heard people saying that multi-ranged as of now really has no purpose/and or theres something messed up about it. can anyone explain the situation? i was thinking of going multi if 14.2 ever comes out, i understand it as two guns should do twice the damage in the same amount of time as one of the same guns, is this how it really works tho?

thx

There is nothing wrong with Multi-Ranged. The problem people see is that Multi-Ranged is incredibly high on some weapons such as a S.A. Home Defender or a Desert Reet. This makes it literally impossible to dual weild that weapon. Most 1h weapons damage has been changed or reduced because of the fact that it can be dual weilded, yet the multi-reqs are so high that your offhand is usually much to inneffective to be worthwhile.

When the OE nerf goes through, you must be with in 80% of the reqs of all the stats of the weapon. Does this include the Multi ranged skill?
    Yes. But since there are no Multi Buffs or Debuffs, and nothing really goes into those slots, I wouldn't say it's that big of a worry.

Re: multi-ranged question...

Originally posted by Moonglade

thx
    Your damage output is less than double. Check out this thread:

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=17426

Plus, if your multi-ranged skill is low, it'll hinder your ability to use the weapons effectively.

Quoting FC's discription:

Multi Ranged
    This skill is used to define how well you attack with more than one ranged weapon at a time (as in one in each hand). Wielding more than one weapon will decrease the attack skill for each weapon, but training this skill will compensate that penalty to a certain degree. It depends 60% on agility, and 40% on intelligence.

Psyphen
    "Today is a good day to...ACK!"

Re: Re: multi-ranged question...

Originally posted by Lucid Flow
    Yes. But since there are no Multi Buffs or Debuffs, and nothing really goes into those slots, I wouldn't say it's that big of a worry.
    Well, then its a worry, cause I was thinking of the regular twinking of making 3 multi ranged implants and remove them all after I have equipped.
    NT phone HOME!!

Re: Re: Re: multi-ranged question...

Originally posted by Garzu

Well, then its a worry, cause I was thinking of the regular twinking of making 3 multi ranged implants and remove them all after I have equipped.
    By removing the implants after equiping the weapons, you nerf yourself. Sure you can get into a better off-hand weapon, but having a lower Attack Rating due to low Multi-Ranged won't give you the advantage like you think over the guy who sacrificed having an implant for more Dodge or whatever by keeping his Multi-Ranged implant on. It balances out (though there are always exceptions to the rule and I'm sure someone will find it).

Psyphen

[Edit: I can't remember if it's the Attack Rating or the weapon Skill that's actually lowered with low Multi skill.]
    Last edited by Psyphen; Apr 5th, 2002 at 01:17:22.
    "Today is a good day to...ACK!"