Thread: Gem cutters and Ore extractors.

Question Gem cutters and Ore extractors.

I have a couple of questions regarding these items.

1. Can any class use these items?

2.I take it the gem cutter changes stones to gems and the extractor is used to extract the ore. Does the cost of the item justify the means?

Thanks in advance,

Trof.

Free your mind! Clans!

Anyone with enough mechanical engineering can use these items. It does not depend on your profession, although some professions can raise mech engineering faster and easier.

The gem cutter changes gems and pearls of various sorts into cut gems or pearls. This increases their price. The gem cutter never runs out, so once you pay the initial cost, you do indeed make money from it.

The ore extractors are used to process carbon rich ore for nano crystal creation. I think you are looking for the tools needed for the rest of the jewelry creation?

If you are looking for the items to make rings, I suggest you go check virral.clansupport.com for a guide. There are lots of different guides there too, if you want to fiddle with tradeskills.

And yes, rings are profitable once you get to about level 50. Note that while you can buy all tools in the stores, gems and gold/silver items only drops from monsters.
    *poof*

Finally free from this nightmare!

As an added note: all bits of jewelry I find as drops (bracers, rings, and so forth) I melt down and make rings of my own out of them. I save them in the bank until I have gems that are in the same QL range, which I cut and mount on the rings. A ring with a perfectly cut gemstone brings a lot more money than just a plain filigreed ring, so it's worth it to hang on to self-made rings and gems until you can make the full item.

I've made a fair amount of money this way, but it's feast or famine. Some times I'll get a lot of gem/jewelry drops in a mission or out hunting, sometimes I'll go a day or two without finding anything.
    Numi7, Omni-Tech Employee
    Solitus Engineer
    Division 3 [Omni Reclamation]
    RK2

It really depends on what kind of mobs you are fighting. Certain mobs are more likely to give certain things. For instance mutants, and leets (reets also) give monster parts a good deal of the time which can be converted into the money maker, Blood Plasma.