Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: traders need a pet

traders need a pet

nce in a while i watch pvp (i rarely participate in it, because i
    dont play a pvp-proffession) and i never saw a trader be beaten by another proffession...i m not gonna say: nerf traders, but
    everyone here must admit that a trader is a great (maybe the best) pvp-proffession, correct me if im wrong. So far, so good for me, because im not really interested in pvp.
    I always thought that there must be a price for it (just like docs,
    who have blue evades, blue weapons and are bad in soloing 75%-missions for items). Unfortunately i was wrong about this. A few nights ago i found out that a trader -besides heals, ncu, drains, wrangle, damage, root, pvpking, debuff- can mezz (calm) like a crat and a NT. Traders can even charm (but they are defenseless then, so that doesnt count). The only thing traders now miss are pets! In my opinion the trader is not only one of the best pvp proffession, traders are also one of the best (if not the best) solomission players.
    I know some kids here will say: wtf! U are wrong, traders have
    some big disadvantages, what are u complaining, etc: start a
    trader! My answer: grow up, even my grandmom can see that
    traders have the best of all worlds.

* My respect goes towards the adventurers and fixers, who dont
    got cool buffs and need to pay a trader 300k to get a descent
    weapon on so they can find out that they are bad in all categories.

Go play a trader then, you might get a little insight in the profession then. You obviously havn't.
    ~Lone

Noer u go play a fixer or another ungodly class and u may get "a little insight". from where i am sitting traders and mps got too many things going there way when other classes have nothing.
    what the guy said is true. when i go to mmd or 2ho do i see an army of fixers wanting a fight? no i see an army of soldiers and traders. i can understand solders being one of the best in pvp (thats what they are made for) but people who are meant to operate stalls at markets ownin eveything? :]

Rookie Hotpanties
    lvl 139 clan fixer rk1

I got a lvl 80 fixer, a lvl 101 NT, a lvl 135 engie and several other chars. I would say I have a bit insight in a lot of the classes.
    ~Lone

Traders are good, no doubt about it, but all 3 pet profs are still alot better at soloing.

I just started a trader and I really wonder what FC is thinking when they allow a prof to use a 6 slot belt at lvl 25...

At lvl 35 or something I got a ql121 Vektor on...

Traders have almost everything but I don't want them nerfed (except debuffs in PvP)

FC should improve other profs instead of nerfing working profs...
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

no doubt about it, teh chimps gave a 110%.

if you can get a 6 slot belt into a trader at lvl 25, then you have the resources to take any prof and make it into a destructive deamon that will call for nerfs from most of the other twinks.

give traders a crit buff while your at it, and call the issue OVER

"
    Ouzzelle: It's an O damnit! not a Q!... and it's pronounced Weasel to you omnis.....

Clanners call me Ozzy

Duffer1: SOYLENT GREEN IS PEOPLE!!
    Riddance Jr.: Is it dead?

Ouzelle....

I refrained so far to flame you personaly, but, please, put a sock in it, you are just a silly whiner.

Like Noer, I have other characters, a crat 35, a soldier 41, a fixer 81, a meta 137 as well as a trader 161.

What i read on these boards, and especially from you, show nothing but ignorance.

Traders are good characters, even if more complicated to play than e.g an enforcer, or less powerfull than e.g. a soldier, or harder to solo than e.g. an engineer.

Traders are tradeskills masters, but still need to fight to level, unlike in other games.
    Tarders are merchants, and merchants are required to fight, by Funcom design.
    I don't remember anyone, from any profession, asking for tradeskills to give as much XPs as monster bashing, right ?

Nerf critical buffs (I'm all for an outside buffs interdiction if you are not in a team that can provide the buffs, btw) !

Nerf shotguns and their insane criticals (not trader related) !
    Oh wait, not, how many professions are using shotguns now ?
    I bet for 20 shotgun wielders you have 1 trader....

Now nerf traders (divest/plunder and heals) and you'll soon find another target for your stupid whining.

Way to go kids !

uhhh, BLOW ME

how dare you call me ignorant. you obviously havn't read my entire thread

if you want me to resort to personal attacks, so be it.

Ignorance is denying that traders are not, AND will not be (after 14.2) BY FAR the BEST all around profesion in game....

and why'd you wait till this post to flame me?, why not do it on the thread that I origionally intended for such nonsense?

you call me a whiner, you call the hundreds of AOers that agree with me, whiners as well
    Last edited by Ouzzelle; Apr 5th, 2002 at 01:07:23.
    Ouzzelle: It's an O damnit! not a Q!... and it's pronounced Weasel to you omnis.....

Clanners call me Ozzy

well?

Clanners call me Ozzy

n00bs
    Supersoly lvl 220 Atrox Enforcer
    Fearthis lvl 200 Opi MA
    Tehsoly lvl 60 Atrox Enforcer

and a lvl 160+ sold...

Legion

if it pleases you, i'll call you a whiner.

you are a whiner Ouzzelle.

all better now?

you are whining. why deny it?

that does not mean that without some serious testing and balancing work, 14.2 won't be nightmare.

Talking lol

I get kick out just reading these boards lol Maybe you should look at clan/omni while looking at profession too. Which faction side your on determines a lot on how easy pvp will be for you. Personally really have no problem with traders. Granted debuffs are easy pull off. Rather get debuffed than trader than have some cheeseball come around with high ql flashpoint and uvc kill you instantly.

Wait a sec!

First of all, English is not my native tounge!

Listen up!

I started out as a Soldier, Primarily for i though "Soldiers are cool, and they SHOULD be thee profession if any to choose when and if a PvP situation comes up"

What it comes down to is that.
    I NEVER IN MY LIFE thougt that a Trader, a simple merchantman gives everyone the big shrug when he enters the area.

"Oooh look It´s one of thoose legendary salesmen whith the big Shotgun. Everyone, evacuate the area before he gets mad!!!".

Things have realy realy been screwed up. A profession "in this case a Trader" who is NOT designed to be a fighting class, should NEVER EVER, make a Soldier get shaky legs.

Only after level 150 can a well planned Soldier feel,"hey i am his equal"

The PvP setup has been Utterly screwed in this game.

I say
    YES!. NERF THE TRADERS,

/thoriak level 142 Soldier RK2

PvP situation....

Trader goes into 2ho..he lays his eyes on that nasty fat soldier standing inside.
    Trader start off with a divest to take away the poor soldiers abilitie to be "invulnerable" for a pretty long time (he can still cast lower MK). Soldier looks at the tiny trader and press 1 2 3 for Fling, Burst, Full Auto. Voila most often u see a dead trader. If not then MK and pray u get to zone.

We all have our good stuff and bad stuff. Stop whining and explore options.
    weeeeee

Cocio

I know that you are a wery good PvP´er , either if you play as an Enforcer or as a Trader.

When using the Alpha strike in PvP agains another profession around your own level you rarely kill in 3 hits i promise you that. Even if the other char has not placed some great amount of ip points into evades, certainly, that probability is much higer with LMA or UVC.

The second problem, is whilest launching tha Alpha i get rooted. And can´t do squat. (increase the range you once said ). Well it is extremely costly to spend such an amount of ip in Eletrical engi(blue), wep smith(blue), and Percept (Dark blue). And cannot be achived until higer levels as 150+.

The third problem, when getting rooted and range attacked. I get so deprived and plunderd that i cant even swich weps.
    Hurry to swap you might say. Well, i do but, i cant use the Nova i want to (plunderd), i swap to a lower one (extremely lower). Same goes with shield.

just a note. After my shield goes up. Then it is impossible to swap weapons for a period of time.

Use nova only you might say. Well same problem here again around lvl 100 or even up to the level i am (142) you don´t have the range capabilitys to hit anyone. Even if i do get a total of 50% + can i only get as high as 30m range with my nova.

Use a Westinghouse someone probably might say, well, i do. I have increased the Heavy wep skill (another wep skill to raise out of a million). With aWestinghouse i could hit you even with a 33% range increase, total 39 m. BUT, here it is again, while using Westinghouse you even have LESS attack rating due to lack of high stats in heavy wep. So almost noone have maxxed their heavy wep as a Soldier.
    What is the outcome of the Westinghouse?, well, less attack rating = less dmg. Thus again facing an even worse Alpha with the Wes.

Sure, i whine. Why? well as a Soldier the fun stuff begins after 150. It´s a fact. And Traders make our life missirable.

I would like to refer to Sredny´s post about this matter too. And if you look around the forums the same issiue comes up over and over again!.

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=17697

I have to ask you tho.
    Why did you choose the Trader profession?

Respectfuly...
    /thoriak 142 Soldier RK2

On my point of you I think that almost every profession can be "THE BEST" profession as long as you make good choice.
    I'm atm playing a level 45 adventurer and believe me it rocks, I make an average double damage than all other character of the same lvl I've been playing with.

So, what I want to say is that they are no best profession, your character are what you manage them to be :-)

I like Adv´s :)

Hello Khrystin

The sad thing is that this is not true.
    I would like to refer to Flojojojo´s post on the adv forum.

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...?threadid=4738

Flojojojo, is a well respected gamer on RK2 that play as an adv. And i do take his words on this one.

/thoriak

umm

To bad his a n00b!
    He makes a few valid claims but thats all.

give traders a crit buff while your at it, and call the issue OVER

They already increase their critical chane when they rensank and deprive higher attack more criticals

But pet would be nice i think.......

Just wonder why half of my guild started twink trader soon pvp will be just bunch of traders killing traders :0
    Two sisters practicing medicine on Rubika and Shadowlands Pomy and Julka.

As a doctor i would prescribe you to use some common sense and a vacation to Real Life"

If i ever start a new character in Eve i will choose a name something like "aieerjjnnvajjnasdio11e3".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast