Thread: A few rules...

Lightbulb A few rules...

...funcom needs to implement in order to attract the majority of the playerbase to regularly PvP. This principle comes from DAoC where almost everyone looks forward to PvP and participates in it.

PvP should have no disadvantages!

That's right, no xp loss, no looting of each other, no loss of titles if you are killed, etc.

People should be rewarded for how often they participate in it, not how uber their characters are. Of course a good PvPer will be rewarded more. I'm thinking along the lines of small skill boosts given with each new title level. Not enough to unbalance things, but an incentive for people to get out there and fight each other.

I also think you should only be able to obtain titles by killing members of the opposing side.

Constructive comments appreciated...
    Taldrin | Titanioc | Teiral

I discovered the portal to another dimension!

I am a Gauntlet Adventurer.

I strive to improve my living conditions by hoarding gold, food, and sometimes keys and potions. I love adventure, fighting, and particularly winning - especially when there's a prize at stake. I occasionally get lost inside buildings and can't find the exit. I need food badly.

Who are you? - http://quiz.ravenblack.net/videogame.pl

>>funcom needs to implement in order to attract the majority of the playerbase to regularly PvP

good luck changing mindset of many people here.
    PvP has become, to many of us, a symbol of disgrace. We certainly have no inclination to participate in it.
    When a grid-camper roots me and starts attacking me, I cheerfully stand down and send him a /tell that I hope s/he got some perverse enjoyment out of it
    I don't know if PvP was supposed to have a deeper meaning in the game; certainly the Omni/Clan thing held promise - I envisioned massive-scale battles that actually decided something.

But since my experience of PvP so far has been that of an innocent neutral passerby being killed by idiots, I for one don't have much of an inclination to involve myself in it...

heh... thinking of your sentence:
    >>People should be rewarded for how often they participate in it,

great... all I need is MORE goobers to kill me on my way... :-/

bump, FINALLy!!!!!!!!

PPL ARE YOU reading THIS?! THANYOU Taldrin for presenting a WORTHWHILE suggestion ,

it is MUCH appreciated

(great idea btw )
    Ouzzelle: It's an O damnit! not a Q!... and it's pronounced Weasel to you omnis.....

Clanners call me Ozzy

Duffer1: SOYLENT GREEN IS PEOPLE!!
    Riddance Jr.: Is it dead?

!

Well, Taldrin has some good sugestions, all of the PvP concept needs to be remade.

Thoriak 142 Soldier RK2