Thread: Petition problems

Angry Petition problems

I waited for 3 hours after putting in 7 petitions i got no reply. If there is no one on that is available to take my petition then i should get a message saying "there is no one available to take your petition. Please try later" If the GM can't do anything for me the I should get a message saying "I'm sorry please contact AO/FUNCOM support at www.yadayadayada.com" I sat in front of a store for 3 hours after my 4.6 million credit plane just vanished and my inventory was not full. I still dont know what happened because i haven't recieved an email back or any advice from the petitions i put in 7 times.

Sometimes they are just buried. I sometimes get replies, I sometimes get a visit from a helpful ARK and I sometimes get ignored. And sometimes ignoring me is a GOOD thing as sometimes my petitions are made when I am highly incensed! If I were them I, too, would ignore "Roll this game up in to a tight tube and . . . . . .!" <smile>

As far as the loss of items, experience points, etc., I have to feel for them as it's difficult to tell those who honestly have a problem with those who will lie, cheat and steal (or sit on a grid or whompa and ambush the unaware) to get ahead as they are either unable to succeed or unwilling to work. Gee, starting to sound like real life!

I have thought about this a bit and there is no easy answer as to log every move of every player would be a considerable resource hog. And could YOU pass the test of determining who is trying to play the system and who isn't? Again, as in real life, we all pay for the few who have no scruples and will cheat anyone to get ahead.

I have also asked myself what it would cost them to just give the items or experience points to the player. It would cost them nothing but time. It would cost us, the players, a lot. Once we saw those who are cheaters getting away with it we might say, "Gee, why not?" and do it ourselves. That would increase the workload for them and make the game rather without any value to us.

But my question is, just where in the world did you find 4.6 million credits? <grin>

I would agree with you on items but XP? How can you fake that? At a given level, with no implants installed, you would have a given about of XP, anything less, would be a bug. Simple math should tell FC if player got robbed or not. There is no way to drop, transfer or sale XP. So if you have less then you should have, you have been bug raped.

PS, this just happened to me and it hurts.

Originally posted by Icaria
    As far as the loss of items, experience points, etc
    Last edited by Mr. Bogus; Nov 26th, 2001 at 20:36:47.

Hmm

I know that Funcom doesn't replace items, so maybe instead post another thread about losing your yalmaha instead??

Priorities

Late,
    Notorian

LVL 115 Atrox Clan Soldier (RK2)