Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Death of a Kenley

Death of a Kenley { Shadowgrider's farewell }

It was an early September morning at the Kenley Mansion with Serter, Stefano, Sephiroth, Shadowgrider, X and Joan sitting at the table, engaged in conversations amongst eachother. They were planning out the day, what was going to be done, their opinions on why the Cyborgs were attacking, among other topics. All went silent when suddenly Shadowgrider's Comm recieved a message. He read it, then without a word, went to his room and started gathering his things. The others quickly gathered around his comm and Serter read the message aloud:

"Dear Malcom,
    Its been awhile. I know you weren't expecting this from me as I know you thought I was dead, but because of you saving me the last time we met, I was able to survive without you having knowledge of it. We have alot of things to catch up on. Meet me at the coordinates attached to this message. Hope to see you soon.
    - You know who"

It was a message from his "dead" sister. Though she wasn't as dead as he thought she was. After he gathered some clothes and the keys to his yalmaha, he crashed out the door with no word. The others ran outside and caught up to him before he left. Serter was quick to talk to him.

"Malcom! Are you sure you want to go?" Serter said, fearing for Shadow's safety.

Malcom lowered his head slightly, sighed and then turned around, looking Serter right in his eyes.

"I just found out my sister is still alive. Our reunion was cut short last time. I'm going, and nobody's going to stop me."

"X" quickly cut in before anyone else had a chance to speak.

"We won't stop you, but we're not letting you go alone. I'm going with you, and thats it. This just doesn't feel right. Why has she contacted you now, after all these years?"

Malcom, looking hesitant, agreed to let him accompany him on his journey. "X" quickly gathered his equipment and made his way to the docking bay. Joan pulled Malcom aside alone.

"As much as I don't want you to go, I know its something you need to do for closure. Just promise you'll come back."

Joan looked down and bursted into an eternal flowing river of tears.

"I promise to return as soon as things are settled there. When I return we'll spend a whole week together alone, just you and I."

In just a few moments, what seemed like an eternity, they were ready for departure.

"Malcom....X.....be careful. Try and get in touch upon arrival. Don't hesitate to use this if need be. Good luck."

Serter handed a Spirit Leech Bug to Shadow.

Stefano stepped up next, bidding X and Malcom farewell.

"Return as soon as possible guys. It's awkward not having all the Kenleys here. It will be hard to go without you two for a few days. Keep in touch."

Sephiroth looked at X, then looked at Malcom.

"You know I'd be right along with you two, but since I am not in full health, I can't. All I can offer is my farewell and hope. Come back in one peice, and possibly a new Kenley. Good luck guys."

Joan went up to Malcom and held his hands.

"Stay safe, and don't get into trouble. We all know thats what your good at. Thats the LAST thing we need. Trouble off of Rubi-Ka. Just get there and get back. I hate to stay behind, but its for the better. I love you Malcom, see you in a few days."

Joan kissed Malcom for what seemed like forever, and then they were off.

Two days later

Malcom woke up "X", telling him to get ready to go. Today was the day they met up with Malcom's sister.

"X...X......X!!! Get up and get ready! We need some time to get there!"

"I'm up! I'm up! Sheesh Malcom. You even been to sleep yet?"

"No. Now get ready so we can go."

After gathering their equipment, they went off. They travelled for nearly 20 minutes before coming to a tall abandoned building, towering in size, larger then most buildings in Rome. They parked near the entrance, which seemed like an entrance to a hospital. What was even more eerie, was that the doors still opened by themselves. They walked in to a pure white room, with one door at the far end, and nothing else. Just pure white floors, walls, cieling, everything.

"Um...Malcom....should we go up?"

"Of course."

They continued up the stairs, each time coming to a room matching the first one. Pure white, one door at the end. After nearly an hour of walking up steps, they reached a room unique to the others. It had one pillar in the middle, which in turn held an elevator. They entered and pressed the only button inside. Up. After a few brief seconds, they heard a "ding". The doors opened slowly, white light leaking through bit by bit. Once fully open, they stepped out. They could see everything from here. Not being catious, they continued to look around, when suddenly, as if their own shadows had crept on them, "they" spoke.

"We've been waiting for this a long time, Malcom."

Malcom and "X" quickly turned around, shocked to see five hooded men holding manexs. Malcom quickly responded to the men in a tone similar to a lion's roar.

"Who are you and why are you here?!"

They said nothing.

"TELL ME!

One of the men raised his gun at "X". The other four, at Malcom.
    Presumably the leader of the group, spoke in a hushed tone.

"The same people who tried to kill you this same day, 2 years ago. Its time we finished what we started long ago."

Without hesitation, three of the men aimed at "X", ready to take him out on que. Malcom quickly drew his Caterwaul, loaded with Soul Bind, and shot one of the men. He dropped like a reet falling from the sky dead. The leader quickly gave the word to fire upon "X". They loaded their guns with similar soul-bind and aimed. Malcom did the unexpected. He leaped in front of "X", holding his arms out, ready to take the bullets. He gave his Caterwaul to "X" and told him to go. And in a split second, he was shot.

"MALCOM!"

He dropped. "X" aimed and took out one of the men, then made a dash for the edge of the building. He pressed a few buttons on his comm, then planeted his right foot on the crevice at the end, plunging himself into a free-fall straight for the ground. A few moments later, he came up in his Yalmaha, hatch open. He flew towards the spot where Malcom lay, fireing upon the assasins, round after round. When he reached Malcom, he hopped out and grabbed his body, threw him over his shoulder, turned and shot another one of the men in the head. Two men remained, unleasing clip after clip on "X", in hopes of stopping him in his tracks. He quickly regrouped and made a dash for his yalmaha, throwing Malcom inside, then hopping in himself, unleasing a few more rounds upon the remaining two assasins. After killing another, he closed the hatch and flew off planet immediatly.

One hour later

"X" contacted the others back at the Kenley Mansion. He didn't say what happened, just be prepared for their arrival. Just about to enter Rubi-Ka's gravitationa pull, Malcom woke up.

"Whats going on?"

"We're almost back home. Just hang on a few more minutes Malcom."

"'X'.....I'm not going to make it. The Soul-Bind has already gone beyond anything we can do about it. Let everyone know what happened.....*coughs*.........Tell Joan......tell her I'm sorry for breaking my promise."

And with those last words, he passed on to another dimension. Somewhere where he could live in eternal bliss, and worry about nothing ever again.

"X" arrived at the Kenley Mansion. Serter and the rest were waiting outside, ready to welcome them back from their journey. "X" opened the hatch, slowly exiting. He grabbed Malcom's body cradle-like, and walked towards the rest of the Kenleys, hanging his head in shame. Coming within a few feets of Joan, he lay Malcom's body down on the ground, looked up at her and uttered two words.

"He's dead."

A few weeks later

After telling the rest of the events, they had set up a funeral service for Malcom. It ended with "X" giving a speech.

".....I am alive, because he is dead. He gave his life, so I could have mine. I live, while he dies. Though Malcom "Shadowgrider" Kenley is dead in physical form, he is more alive then ever in all of our hearts. He will be remembered forever, by everyone, everywhere. A truly great man. One to be etched in history. I promise to make sure his death isn't in vain. Whoever did this WILL pay with their life. May Malcom be remembered forever...."

{ Anyone that want to say their goodbyes, say them hear, and if you have any messages for him, I will see to it he recieves them. May he live on Forever. }
    Last edited by CJ; Sep 29th, 2003 at 03:46:08.
    Courage, Wisdom, Power, Faith, Life, Death, Change, Dream, Fear, Freedom, Friensdhip, Honesty, Honor, Intelligence, Justice, Knowledge, Love, Peace, Time, Future, Truth ; Everything needed to be great.

"You have the brain of an amoeba, but the mouth of a blue whale." - Bochmeir to Serter

Co-Founder and Diplomatic Leader of The Kenley Family

Original Kenley

Malcom "Shadowgrider" Kenley - R.I.P.

(( my my serter, only a few hours ago 9 people read this, now its over 1000. Unless thats a bug hehe.

And over 1000 and no replies...bah

Good story Serter, just wish it was on better circumstances.

))

Stefano gets out of his rather comfy seat to go to the coffin across the room, he steps next to it then turns the people watching him.

"Can I tell you guys a secret?"

Everyone nodded politley then Stefano got a random blanket partialy over his face and he said ever so quietly..

"I see dead people..."

(( LOL! Sorry couldn't resist that one ))
    "I have no idea what you're talking about.."

Glenn "Stefano" Kyren - Lieutenant of The Black Company, Grandmaster Assassin for the Clans and proud supporter of Silverstone and the Sentinels.

Romulus "Arnthem" McChristian - Trigger Happy Soldier for the Company.

''The Wraiths never die, merely fade away. Only to appear when someone least expects it.'' - Shrine of the Wraith

The Black Company Forums
    Roleplaying Profile of Glenn "Stefano" Kyren

Unhappy

Stindy walks up to the coffin and looks at Malcoms body with tear stained eyes

No....This cant be...He will be back...This I know..
    Last edited by Stindy; Sep 29th, 2003 at 00:25:02.

I like....
    Last edited by Serter; Sep 30th, 2003 at 23:20:50.
    Courage, Wisdom, Power, Faith, Life, Death, Change, Dream, Fear, Freedom, Friensdhip, Honesty, Honor, Intelligence, Justice, Knowledge, Love, Peace, Time, Future, Truth ; Everything needed to be great.

"You have the brain of an amoeba, but the mouth of a blue whale." - Bochmeir to Serter

Original Kenley

((I have no idea what you two are talking about, but wouldn't it be better to take it to PMs rather than doing it here? ))
    Janella "Nevver" McCallagher
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»
    Why settle for less when you can oppress?

"First get your facts; then you can distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain
    "Nevver: Like the thing that hides in your closet. But worse." - Gueve

Also known as...
    Jacquelynn "Kaitakait" Moscardelli
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

WOW.

talk about flaming...the flames need to be put out guys.

yikes...if you've nothing good to say, let it be.
    ~ CJ ~
    Formerly known as Timelapse

Certified AO Forum Freak!

~ Check out our old comics here! ~

Originally posted by Timelapse
    WOW.

talk about flaming...the flames need to be put out guys.

yikes...if you've nothing good to say, let it be.
    lol
    Timebombz, happily married to Legalos "If I nuked as much as I talked, the world would explode" gear
    Gimpifox- "SOME PEOPLE CALL ME COWBOY! *swings his lasso*"
    Shadowgrider- No longer alive, rest in peace

"Nothing is wrong with California that a rise in the ocean level wouldn't cure."
    - Ross MacDonald (1915-1983)

See that face in the picture? No...thats not me.

Nice Mr.ARK man speaks truth. Let it die...or kill each, other I don't really care. Actually, rip each other's throats out, it should be good entertainment!

On a more serious note, I'm sorry about the whole situation. Although I'm not one to judge, I know you feel an extreme injustice was done Serter, and I hope you find the justice you search for. To Shadowgrider, sorry it had to happen to you bro, and I hope this ban is only temporary.
    Zack "Eternalforce" Craddock
    Professional soldier of fortune.
    Quote Originally Posted by dustynova
    ahhh Ao where the men are boys the women are men and the leets are very very nervous.

Darkeep, please take a look at the social guidelines in my signature block and also in Timelapse's. Your use of these forums means you agree to abide by those social guidelines. As for who the mods are, look at the tops of the forums and you will see the names of all the people with authority to moderate the forums. If you have questions on the social guidelines, feel free to PM any of us.
    ARK Community Relations Forums Oracle Guardian

~Forums Social Guidelines~

~Advisors of Rubi-Ka Website~

sorry

ok ok ill stop posting off topic now. thanks.

im done

((ok ill stop talking about stuff not related to shadows death))
    Last edited by lenanaa; Sep 29th, 2003 at 22:35:49.

Angry

Shadow is not dead, merely not existing on the planet Rubi Ka in a living Physical form.

And Serter......

Originally posted by Serter

Stindy I love you..do you love me?
    Gahahha! Did you actually say that?!
    Timebombz, happily married to Legalos "If I nuked as much as I talked, the world would explode" gear
    Gimpifox- "SOME PEOPLE CALL ME COWBOY! *swings his lasso*"
    Shadowgrider- No longer alive, rest in peace

"Nothing is wrong with California that a rise in the ocean level wouldn't cure."
    - Ross MacDonald (1915-1983)

See that face in the picture? No...thats not me.

Very uber....
    Last edited by Serter; Sep 30th, 2003 at 23:21:22.

Original Kenley

very tasty....
    Last edited by Serter; Sep 30th, 2003 at 23:22:19.

Original Kenley

Exclamation hehehe

FREEDOM of speech people demand it but you can't use it
    Last edited by Kimol; Sep 30th, 2003 at 23:42:02.
    Associate Director Of Foreign Relations for The Society Of Salvation
    "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they
    avoid.so STFU" - Soren Aabye Kierkegaard (1813-1855)
    ["In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our
    friends." - Martin Luther King Jr. (1929-1968)

"The difference between 'involvement' and 'commitment' is like an eggs-and-ham breakfast: the chicken was 'involved' - the pig was 'committed'." - unknown

MONKEY COOKIES!
    Last edited by Serter; Sep 30th, 2003 at 23:22:39.

Original Kenley

Talking

{ MY NEW POINTLESS THREADS ARE EDITS OF THE REAL ONES! WE ALL AGREED TO TAKE DOWN OUR POsTS! }
    Last edited by Serter; Sep 30th, 2003 at 23:23:08.

Original Kenley

Unhappy

~walks up to the casket and looks at shadows pale face that was once bright and caring and begins to cry~
    Last edited by Kimol; Sep 30th, 2003 at 23:24:50.
    Associate Director Of Foreign Relations for The Society Of Salvation
    "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they
    avoid.so STFU" - Soren Aabye Kierkegaard (1813-1855)
    ["In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our
    friends." - Martin Luther King Jr. (1929-1968)

"The difference between 'involvement' and 'commitment' is like an eggs-and-ham breakfast: the chicken was 'involved' - the pig was 'committed'." - unknown

Meow
    Last edited by Serter; Sep 30th, 2003 at 23:23:28.

Original Kenley

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast