Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: "Exploits, Nerfs, Banning and Overequipping" by Gaute Godager

my opinion....

Exploiters:
    First time: warn
    Second time: ban
    Third time: ban the credit card

Overequipping:
    i see it as nice future, it adds some fun to the game, please dont remove it.
    If some classes can not use it as others,
    just give these classes any other advantage
    ( like debuff resist/remove or anything else )

And i think it should not be high prio issue
    as long some bad bugs not fixed
    ( for example pet pathfinding is still terrible,
    in some room-types pets are lost EVERY TIME,
    for example this room with "rotating something"... argh,
    mobs and pets both instantly try to attack something,
    that is behind the wall, dont find doors etc. )

More RP content, especially for lower lvl chars,
    should be also higher prio then "fixing" overequipping

I'm especially against "fixing" overequipmet
    because it would not be possible to balance all in one step,
    so the "fix" will need another "fix", and so on,
    at the end you can not make everyone happy ...

Better add something, that would be fun for everyone,
    like special missions ( not just kill kill kill ,
    there was so many good suggestions already .... )

And sure the current missions are broken imo
    ( in other way then before ),
    look at 2 missions in Omni-E :
    1: Omni-T, 2k
    2: Greater Omni Forest, 3k
    Who would do the one in Gr. Forest ? Just a joke !
    What is with exploration ?

/Quantar
    MP 30
    Last edited by Cthonian; Nov 26th, 2001 at 23:34:47.

Exploiters? Warn, and then ban, but make sure you clearly define what type of activity is classified as an exploit. This way we will know if what we are doing is forbidden.

Over-equipping ?

Ok, this is not a level based game (not like EQ), so I am against level checks of any sort for the use of an item, weapon, etc. AO is all about skill levels, which is why we get to spend IP every time we level to customize our characters. No matter what Funcom chooses to do, they will make a large population upset.

I am an agent (lvl 78) and I use a QL 127 weapon that I can personally buff into using my implants and agent only buffs. I can accept scaling down weapons and armor effectiveness based upon current skill and or ability levels. Yes, this spoils plans for a much higher QL weapon that I could equip using FP: trader, but I can deal with it.

As many have stated, it can work something like this:

I have a QL 100 rifle that requires 400 rifle skill. DO NOT CHECK MY REQs to equip it. Just keep it simple. If I have 300 skill, reduce the effectiveness by 25% as 100 of the 400 skill points that I lack is 25% of what it would take to use that rifle. The net effectiveness of that weapon should be 75%. Check the weapon against the code if a buff is added or fades, or when the weapon is equipped.

DO NOT make an item unequip, as this will make many people's efforts for obtaining the high level gear that we worked for equipped with temp buffs/implants/whatever a 100% waste. I would quit if that happened to me and I could not get reimbursed after you changed the rules. You will not get as much aggro from an_angry_customer01 that way.

Also.. this gets me thinking..

There are several advantages to this.

1. Buffs and debuffs are more useful and it can encourage group diversity (not saying that it is missing though) to keep effectiveness up. The same rules that apply to players should apply to monsters.

2. As I mentioned, people's investment will not be 100% wasted by being de-equipped.

3. You will not have to worry about solving the programming problem with de-equipping or the PR problem.

4. IMPORTANT POINT. This will allow me to stop buying equipment upgrades all the dang time. This will allow me to grow into whatever gear I choose and all I need to do is work on leveling or getting buffs to get the max effect from my gear.

Bad news:

Those of us folks who earned a living with helping people with buffs to equip something goes down the crapper. There are other ways to make money, but something should still be devised to make up for the change. I can accept this.

Now, I can accept something like this, hands down, IF the darn monsters are adjusted somewhat. Right now, at lvl 78, mobs can make short work of you if you dont "over-equip" (wear something higher than natural ability) in many cases.

Reduced Effectiveness !!!
    Warn, and then Ban exploiters!

Altaire

I'm glad that Funcom is looking at the problems, but please do not overeact and make more changes that hurt players more than they help. When making any major changes, you must be careful to consider ALL the effects of such changes.

One misconception people seem to have is that Debuffs against weapon users don't do any good if they can still use the weapons. That is false! Debuffs lower the skills that the attack rating is based on, which does effect your damage output.

However, I do admit that the effect isn't as drastic as a debuff on nano skills to a nano dependant class, but there are still other factors to consider. First of all, Nano users can fall back on lower level skills easily. My Adventurer keeps 3 or 4 heals memorized in my panel tab in case I get debuffed. I keep a second panel with lower level heals in case I get debuffed badly. I also keep lower level first aid kits handy in case I get debuffed and I don't meet the stats for my best ones. Not a big deal, and only takes minimal effort.

Sure it's possible that to carry other weapons to fall back on, but how would nano users like it if they had to use up more of their inventory to carry around their old nanos, just in case? My character is a dual wielding character. Does that mean I need to carry two extra weapons at all times? What if I get a really nasty debuff? Should I carry along six weapons now, just in case? Two normal ones, and two slightly lower, and two much lower? Now I have 6 weapons on me, hopefully I can keep track of which ones are the right ones to equip when I get hit with that debuff. And when the debuff is over, it's back to equipping again.

Besides, REMOVING OVEREQUIPPING MAKES SKILL AND ABILITY BUFFS WORTHLESS. Can someone tell me one single use for a Skill Wrangler other than overequipping? It's not to help your attack ability, it only lasts a couple minutes!

Now, with that said, overequipping does need to have SOME limits. I don't mind a level 10 using a level 20 weapon. I don't mind a level 30 using a level 45 weapon. I don't mind a level 150 using a level 200 weapon.

It did bug me to see a level 37 Enforcer (Bruise) using level 120+ implants and sledgehammer. It bugs me even more that he was using these grossly overequipped items to help grid camp his way to a title.

Overequipping should be kept and allowed, but with limitations. However, I don't like the idea of unequipping, or reducing the effectiveness of weapons even more than they already are due to attack rating.

And people who exploit to overequip should be banned, pure and simple.

One more thing.. As far as nerfs go, reconsider your position on IP wiping. If you make sweeping changes that change the rules of gameplay, you should refund the IP that people lost playing by the old rules. Otherwise, people will be more inclined to quit. There is too much time and effort invested in games like this and many people are sensitive about this.

YES, I know that there are some potential evils with IP wiping if the current system stayed as it is with over-equipping. Someone could reinvest all of the IP they spent to equip something on something else, thereby getting more bang for their buck, which is somewhat unfair, BUT if you change to the reduced effectiveness system, as I proposed it, it would not be an issue.

Allow people to equip whatever they want, just reduce effectiveness based upon skill level as I posted above and you have a lot less to worry about with balance and IP wipes when you have to nerf.

Altaire

Oh, and 1 more thing.. Reduce the effectiveness of a nano if the caster is debuffed, dont disable its use. NT nanos have minimum and maximum damage specs, scale the damage back if they get debuffed. The max an NT should be able to be debuffed is to the nano minimum damage under any circumstance.

Lets make this a fair shake for them as well. There is no reason why they should be treated differently than gun users in my proposal. Well, at least I cant think of any reason at the moment.

Altaire

1) I don't see how you can just instantly nuke everyone who appears to have used an exploit. I wonder what sort of fair mechanism can be used to make this determination. If someone gave me an item (like a pillow that has been hacked to be two-handed), does that mean I'll be nuked out of the game?

2) It sounds like your process for adjudicating exploiters is very fair. I don't believe there is a problem with the law, you just don't have a police force large enough to find all of the exploiters at work.

3) I don't currently have a problem with over-equiping. My main character is a lvl 64 NT and is more sensitive to de-buffs than other professions. As long as a player has legitimately gone out and worked hard to acquire high level implants and has worked with other players to get the high level buffs to equip an item, why shouldn't they be allowed to use it? The player has worked within the fiction of Rubi-Ka and followed the game rules.

If you don't want over-equiping then you should change the rules, eliminate player buffs (or make self-only).

Through the use of implants I am wearing without using anything other than the general skill buffs, I can use a lvl80 nanoformula. Does that mean I am over-equiped? I don't think so.

If they are over-equiped due to exploits, well you already have a policy for exploiting and it should be followed.

While it is true that I cannot use my top-of-the-line DD Nano when I get debuffed, I still remember all of my lower level nanos and just switch to a lower one until the debuff expires. I am far from helpless.

However, weapon users are probably not carrying every weapon they have ever owned. They can't just switch to a lower level weapon when they get debuffed. I can't see that it would be fair to completely turn there weapons off if they get debuffed.

Lightbulb

First I'd like to say I liked the article 'cause it stated some of my concerns and some possible solutions.

Here is my thoughts:

In every game I have ever been involved with there were some who use bugs to exploit it or use third party programs to exploit.
    It is wholely unfair to me and every average player who trys to stay within the rules of the game. Exactly what it will take to balance to ones involved with these exploits in AO I don't know.

Any known exploiters should be banned now.

Overequipping:
    If I can use the equipment with my self buffs or general buffs then no action is taken.

If I can't use the equipment with only self bufs, then some scale should be used as was mentioned in the original post.

Implants should work as suggested diablo style... If you can't use the implant as full capacity with self buffs or general buffs then none of it works. If they wouldn't be exploited in the first place then there is no other concerns with this one.

NCU Belts should be equippable ONLY if I have the natural Comp Lit skill level to use... NO BUFFS whats so ever, IF you allow Buffs no more then with self buffs or general buffs that all players can get, but no buffs from other player classes should be allowed.

One last thought, and it was mentioned alot in the posts I did read:

Mobs in missions are too tough to solo, if you keep 3 green mobs in the first room say 2-3 levels below my level then maybe OK, but 3 yellows that aggro a fourth from one of the open doors from another room is too difficult to deal with, and this is on even missions not even thinking about 60%+... It does appear from the response I see in this thread that almost everyone aggrees here. US few that don't exploit are the ones getting the short end of the stick.

My first character is a 32 Adv duelweilding pistols of QL 34 and 35, I take at least 3 times the damage I deal out with pistols at PvM... Still waiting to see what will come of this.

At lev 10 my ENF using a QL 12 2HSlash did more damage than the ADV at 32... needless to say I put the ADV on the shelf and worked on the ENF.... he is now 45 and tring to put IPs to even out my solo style play is getting harder due to the levels and buffs the mobs currently have in solo missions... And now that the mission patch, the cash doesn't make up for the med kits and nano chargers that I need to complete the missions.... Sure maybe if I stayed in town and tried to sell some of the loot to Players I might make up some more cash to compensate, but I don't have 2-3 hours to wait in town tring to sell stuff If I can stay online for more then 2-3 hours a night I'm lucky...

Priority for Funcom Dev staff:

1st Bugs that can be used as exploits
    2nd Bugs that cause crashes, memory leaks, game play that does not function as intended
    3rd Balancing legit players and getting rid of exploitting criminals
    4th Additional content added, balancing mobs within mission areas so that the missions are doable by the soloist,
    dungeons for all levels 20s - 70s ( not just 70+ don't know who thought up this one or why? ).

OK, thats my thoughts, hope you guys are listening to some of the other good things people are concerned about in all these post...

Daroon 45th Clan Enf

Originally posted by CaptFallout
    So Truwind, you wont mind losing those 950 tokens you bought when the nodrop exploit was still working?

Wow man, you are pretty selfless!

Hey everyone! look at Truwind leader of Dark Carnival! Willingly giving up his 950 tokens he exploited for the good of AO!

Three cheers for Truwind!

token cheats should be the first to go...

Funcom, crack down hard on exploiters. Post their names and guilds.

They deserve all that they'd get... from us, and you.
    IMO buying tokens is not an exploit. In fact I think they should be nodrop once all the dupe bugs are fixed. If someone wants to earn money by selling their precious token, whynot? In real life, ANYTHING can be bought and sold, and in the future it should be even more so. Think of it like selling your recognition from the company.

Lightbulb may be difficult to implement...

..but i think it would be the best solution...

What is really bad with overequipping ?
    If i see a "gray" player, that kills orange MOBs, does it really hurt me ?
    Dont think so !
    Another situation in PvP
    I didnt tried PvP so far, but guess it may be quite frustrating
    to get killed by "gray" player.
    The solution could be some new rare and expensive player-only debuff.
    Lets call it "Add QL Check".
    It should disable ANYTHING that is, lets say, 25% higher,
    then his own level !

/Quantar
    MP 30

Overequipping

I'm just going to cut to the good stuff, overequipping.

It's my personal belief that overequipping should be allowed to continue the way it has been. As it stands the economy of the game is held up by the fact that it is easy to buy items you want and just as easy to sell the ones you don't. I can go into a mission area, fight, gain exp and collect items of my level and lower. In turn I sell these items to lower level people who can use them by overequipping. In turn I can buy items above my level that can be equipped through buffs and implants from players of higher levels. The system works, and it works well. There is nothing "uber" about this. For the most part any class can overequip, through implants, their own buffs and the buffs of other classes. This encourages economy and player interaction. Why would I want to buy anything if I could find it myself just as easily?

Currently it seems that entire lines of buffs are made for the sole purpose of equipping high level items. One example is iron circle. 20str and 20 sta seem like alot but for any pratical purpose they're not worth much for anything but the equipping of armor.

I don't know where you get the idea that debuffs need to be more powerful. As it stands a trader with ransack can knock down my atk rating 50 points. What you propose is that a debuff be able to force someone to unequip a weapon? Thats ridicolous. I myself am a martial artist so it wouldn't impact me much but if a soldier where to have their gun knocked out by a debuff they'd be crippled. If I'm not mistaken debuffs are ment to weaken a target not disable them completely.

Another reason for leaving items as is, PvM. Changing the equipping rules would require DRASTIC changes to monsters. As is many of us can barely stand against a single monster of equal or nearly equal level. It only gets worse as we progress into later levels. Changing the equip system would mean you'd have to rebalanced the whole thing, how much monsters dish out, how much hp they have, how hard players hit ect.

The simple truth of the matter is some classes absolutely depend on overequipping to survive. Traders are a prime example.

In short there are a multitude of reasons why any change to overequipping would be bad. Its been tried before with terrible results. 90% of the game population would percieve this as a nerf and be very upset if not outrightly driven away. Classes that don't rely on high level weapons such as martial artists will be made quite powerful. The balance of this game is quite tentative. In short, if its not broken, don't fix it.

On a final note I've heard many people say some sort of IP reset would be nice. I full heartedly agree. Some plan out their characters far in advance with a particulair weapon or attack or nano in mind. A good examples is Blessed with Thunder for the martial artist. The fate of BwT has been uncertain for some time, many ma's designed or at least altered their characters to use this attack. Currently the concensus of martial artists is that it is barely good enough to be effective. The proposed change would severely weaken it. It uses a skill that MA's have pretty much no good reason to take. Parry. If the change finally comes, or a change to any useful class skill, nano, ect. You should seriously consider reseting the IP of characters that are effected. Its terribly frustrating to waste IP raising a skill you don't use for any other reason to 400 then watching it all fall before a nerf.

In conclusion, if you make ANY change to the equipping system make sure you are FULLY aware of the results. The change must be complete, with rebalancing of PvM and PvP to accomedate for weaked players. Once again I say the system works, and works very well. It should not be changed.

-Lucitia

A few more thoughts, some criticism, and a suggestion.

First off, I have to respond to one thing said by Gaute Godager:

The best thing with this is that pimped "uber equipped" exploiters would feel this much more than the average player. They might not notice it at all, struggling to get armour with a quality level as high as their level"
    This quote is absolute nonsense! The average player is trying to overequip the best they can to be able to match the insanely tough yellows that they face. I am level 47 and have a level 80 weapon (which I went through a lot of trouble to get and equip), and I still can't take on many yellows I find. I consider myself an average player. If I have to go back to using quality 47 weapons, I don't have a chance against mobs other than maybe weak greens.

NOTE: This Q80 weapon is one with much lower requirements (and damage) than the average Q80 weapon. That doesn't mean I can equip any Q80 of the type I use, more like Q60 to 65 with some some buffing.

REMEMBER THE AVERAGE PLAYER

With my suggestion, carefully look at what the average player can and should be able to do. The average player should at least be capable of implants equal to his level, if not a little bit above. (At 45 I had Q51 implants, but I've heard people in their 50's say that they had q70 implants) After you consider implants, consider what the player can equip with general buffs, self buffs, and maybe two specialist buffs (like a weapon buff from one class, and a Skill Wrangler from a Trader (within a reasonable level difference).

I was able to get into my weapon through use of implants just a couple levels above my level, a few general buffs I cast on myself, one buff each from a soldier and trader, both of which were green to me. This is not unusual, and many "average" players are capable of doing this. Heck, they have to in order to stay alive in PvM now!

Don't forget the implants and buffs that YOU placed in the game for us to use. Let us use them fairly. Only penalize those who are using weapons that are grossly overequipped.

For the record, I'd consider equipping an item with Qlvl of 50% more than your character level to not be that unusual. Even 75%, is doable by some classes, with some weaopns, under some circumstances. However, when you start having characters wielding weapons with QLevels that are three times their character level, something is seriously wrong.

I think the biggest problems that exist are the lingering effects of the old surgery clinic exploit that so many used. I refused to use it, even though I knew about it, but from talking to some people, I feel like I was in the minority.

CONCLUSION

Do something, but don't do something that is going to hurt the average player who uses the implants and buffs you gave them within reasonable amounts.

SImple. Dont allow people to buff others who are "Grey" to them.

So that means no 132 wrangles for level 30's. It also means that level 140 agents, can get said wrangles for their 200 rifle. Which is fair IMO.

I really think it would work. It would allow for a MODERATE level of overequipping, by being buffed by people that you are at least green to. This means NO IC for people under level X, etc.

At higher levels, you should be able to take advantage of all the buffs that your high level peers have. And at lower levels, you should again be restricted to the buffs that your peers have at that level.

CMon. Agree with me!
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

And LOL Canidy that is *the* stupidest idea.

/me sets up 6 temporary accounts and levels them to level 5.
    /me gets team missions in west athen (when they are fixed and everyone gets a token)
    /me gets 6 tokens per mission passed onto my main char.

What an incredibly good idea!
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Response to Overequipping

Wow reading 8 pages of this post is a killer!

FIRST:

Seems overequiping is only a problem in PvP. Also seems this is only a problem with under lvl 75 twinks. I am lvl 116 and I can self equip a lvl 200 rifle (with trader buffs). I get owned in pvp as an agent, I can't compete with doctors who heal faster than i can shoot them, or soldiers who use 4 specials (aimshot, then fling, burst, FA), or enforcers with like 5-6k hps and hard hitting beams/hammers which can hit me as my roots don't stick. Hmm MPs with 2 pets, they got one healing, one that hits hard. I can go on, if it wasn't for overequipping I would die instantly instead of in 5 seconds in pvp. Before at least I had a chance of 1 shot killing someone, now pvp is crap. So the 75+ pvp overequipping issue, really isn't an issue.

My suggestions:

I liked the fact you can't buff someone who is grey to you. This can really help a lot. Hence no more lvl 15 agents with uber guns. (i wont buff twinks anyways)

Have ALL items on EVERY character reset to bank. This will make ALL chars have to self buff their stuff or suffer. This includes getting buffs from friends etc. IF you can get buffs to get stuff on, you should be allowed to wear it. I can think of tons of twinks with those 10/10 hanshi pants still on (highass AC), 5-6 slot belts, Ql125 NCUs etc. Not to mention guns etc.

If the twinks are ruining it, let them suffer, wipe all items to bank. Everything I have on, I put on myself through some method, I might not CONSTANTLY have that skill req, but having put it on should be good enough.

Also for IP exploiters, I say do an IP wipe. Before you do this however, I suggest you do ALL your changes to stats/abilities. Like actually make some fixers have blue/green nano skills. Their nanos suck ass anyways, why should they wait so long to use them? I am sure adventurers would like this too.

With xmas coming up, a lot more players will have holidays and want to play, DONT nerf a great game, fix it. I think an IP wipe would be a great xmas gift to the community.

Also I dont think gun/melee classes should be compared to nano classes when it comes to if u don't have the skill you can't use it. An NT might have like 10 nano nukes they can use, not many classes carry 5 rifles/guns of various levels we can just quickly change into. Also NTs have nano resist green for a reason, so debuffs will be resisted or last a fraction of the time they are supposed to.

Funcom, hope you discuss more what your thinking before you go drastic. Honestly I would rather you FIX what is broken before going and changing this stuff.

Also I find it funny you want to change a system because of PvP, when in actuality only like what 1-5% of the population actually is into pvp, while the other are into RP, PvM, missions etc.

Canidy

Just thought that I would add another note here to say that I agree with the other posts in this thread about the player ecconemy.

You only have to walk around Tir Grid or Faire Trade, Athen Whoompa, Omni-Trade or Omni-Ent Broonto Burger to see just how many players sell their buffing services. This has become an itrigal part of AO. It's what makes it unique. It keeps player iteraction at a good level...it keeps cash flowing between players. Characters sell the equipment they find in missions. People buy high level weapons from other players...

All this, because with some thought and effort it is possible to completly customise your character. This make AO great...in so many ways.

So maybe it wasn't what was intended for the game. But in history some of the greatest things have come about as an unintentional result. So I firmly believe that buffing and equiping should remain as it is.

But clearly there is an imbalance in the game. Mainly in the PvP area. So what to do? I see two potential solutions, both of which have already been suggested:-

1) Make it so that people can equip in the same manner they currently can. BUT make the equipment only do a percentage of what it can do. That is make an equation that discounts a certain benefit of the equipment for each level you are below it. i.e. 2% disount per level...
    EXAMPLE A level 50 Enforcer equips a Hammer 40 levels above himself. With this equation in place there is a discount of 2% per level difference (example only) so 2% x (equip QL - Player QL) = Effective discount on equipment. Of course in this example a level 50 Enforcer with a level 90QL Hammer would have a 80%- penatly on the weapon. So this would make the Hammer next to useless. So the formular could be left like this...or perhaps you could put a cap on the level of penalty i.e. no penalty will be greater than say 60%.
    This would be great because it would mean people would grow into their "over-equiped" equipment.

2) This solution is moving completly away from the over equiping issue. And I feel Funcom need to take this sort of approach. The Over-equiping itself is not really a problem in itself. It is when it is used in PvP that causes issues...so:-
    Create a virtual PvP level This has already been suggested and is a great idea. Make it so that the players "PvP" level is calculated on the QL of all the equipment and implants they have on. And then make it so that only players that have a similar range of "PvP" level can fight each other, with perhaps a 10% -/+ tolerance.

Solution 2 would be better as far as I see. But, then it potentially raises many other issues. For example, how do people group? If people wanted to PvP in groups then would in be worked out on PvP level? If so this would mean potentially an over-equiped level 40 could team up with a "standared" level 75. Ok...there "PvP" level may be the same. But what if they decide to go run a mission...or to go and hunt.

So...yes I would be happy if you implimted solution 1. Because this way...the game becomes better balanced, and in addition everyone still has a use for all the profession buffs. So this part of the ecconomy would remain intact. Although if you go with this solution, you MUST balance mobs accordingly

Just some thoughts...showing support for ideas already put forward...

Originally posted by MiKEBoND
    And LOL Canidy that is *the* stupidest idea.

/me sets up 6 temporary accounts and levels them to level 5.
    /me gets team missions in west athen (when they are fixed and everyone gets a token)
    /me gets 6 tokens per mission passed onto my main char.

What an incredibly good idea!
    You bet! otherwise getting 1k tokens is gonna take forever, and when those benefits would be any good, you wont care cause you will be in the 190-200 range anyways :P

Get those 6 tokens an hour, I will buy em

So that means no 132 wrangles for level 30's. It also means that level 140 agents, can get said wrangles for their 200 rifle. Which is fair IMO.

I really think it would work. It would allow for a MODERATE level of overequipping, by being buffed by people that you are at least green to. This means NO IC for people under level X, etc.

At higher levels, you should be able to take advantage of all the buffs that your high level peers have. And at lower levels, you should again be restricted to the buffs that your peers have at that level.

CMon. Agree with me!
    I think this is a GREAT idea! Solves all the problems in one swoop. This is surely the way to go...?

Bear in mind that the tokens were a big maybe after 4 years to get 1000 Canidy

But. I do believe 1000 boards should have a titlelevel 6 requirement, and 400's for title 5, and downwards.

But also, dont allow buffing of greys!
    Don't be lonely anymore.

oh i agree.. everyone ignored me when I said it on page 4

it seems a very easy to code solution (less bugs), plus it will still allow buffs to be used as they were meant, only not to the extreme..

I threw around many ideas before I finally decided this was my favorite..

I don't even want to think of the nightmares, both in the gameplay and in the bugs generated by using the less effective or disabling ideas out there. The code is already there to determine if someone is gray, you simply check it and give the buffer a message that they're unable to perform the action..

CMon. Agree with me!
    Last edited by Hodaka; Nov 27th, 2001 at 02:11:22.

@ CaptFallout: leave out personal accusations for which you have no proof - or do ya?

I have proof, and I'm sure many of the other leaders have seen Truwind brag about only earning 50 of his 1000 tokens.

Canidy... your support wouldn't have to be because you are in Tru's guild... would it?

1000 token cheats are the worst of em.

If funcom just banned everyone with 1000 tokens (1 month ago) we'd be rid of most of the most extreme cheaters.

But nooooo... funcom is too lazy to do anyhting like that!

Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast