Thread: "Exploits, Nerfs, Banning and Overequipping" by Gaute Godager

Re: Balance?

Originally posted by Highpower
    Balance Nano to weapons.... OK
    FC take out all those 1130-2000 dmg, 3 second nukes and all that stuff from all the NT's and they will frigging quit whining about dmg of weapons...
    Compare a agent with a avg sniper their lvl doing around 200 points dmg / shot around lvl 65-70 and then comes a NT lvl 55-60 and do close to 2000 points dmg every 3 seconds... thats not balance...
    I have yet to see a 55-60NT do 2000pts every 3seconds... At lvl50 I can do 200-300 every 5 If Im lucky, on average its about 300 every 5seconds. That does not compare with agents/sold/etc who can do stuff like dimatch/aimed/etc for 40% hp.

Imho this "over equipping" is only a real problem in the small community of people who stay at a low level (Typically in the 30s) to PvP and be "the best" at their level.

For the rest of us who sticks to the program and level up this isn't really a problem. By the time you get to level 75 or so then all the tweaking in the world might let you put on gear of a QL 10% over what the rest of us can using implants and self buffs.

Now ask yourself, is it really worth a possible nerf of everyone just to prevent this small community of low levels from putting on too good equipment? Is it worth wasting the resources at FunCom over this instead of putting them into things like adding content, running events, fixing bugs etc?

Dear Funcom.

It's really refreshing to see that you ask questions seeking to
    improve the game. However, one might think - hey,
    do you really want US to desing a perfect gamesystem for you?
    Huh... Still, you've asked. Here is responce.
    =========================================
    Issues:

Fist and major issue is CORRECT TERMS.
    < Exploit

Our RoC states: (point 11) "Exploitable bug: bugs that grant the user unnatural or unintended benefits in-game for a character of their profession and level". >

What must be considered "unnatural" in this game? Say, instant
    super-power attacks such as Burst or Aimed Shot. I'd say this is EXTREMELY unnatural. Hence, EVERYTHING that has major impact and ZERO timing IS AN EXPLOIT. Way too many things
    seem out of common sence in this game and thus are unnatural
    AND thus exploitable. Think about it.
    ============================================
    Hint. Devote 2 weeks to creating a big and complete
    "world mechanics and laws description" document, and follow
    it ever after in defining what's natural and whats not.
    =============================================

< Over-equipping

To boost skills in special settings way beyond their natural maximum, and continue to wear i.e. weapons, implants or armour which are equipped under those circumstances. >

Again, what is "natural maximum"? Either you need to define
    it in a very clear and logical manner, or you just have to admit
    that because of "buffs" there is NO natural maximum
    whatsoever, or rather there is, BUT it does NOT matter at all.

From "natural maximum" theory ALL buffs ARE immanent EXPLOITS.
    =========================================
    This one is easy to fix: Let buff give not +X to skill but rather
    +X % of original skill value.
    ==========================================

Section 2.

< If I thought that mindless running through dungeons to reap tons of cash and xp would be fun in the long run, I would let it be one of the many main features. >

Now, If I thought that mindless skull-bashing in 1000 very similar missons is a fun in the long run, I would make a game consisting
    of 1000 stupid missions without any sort of "world" or anything
    around - why, indeed, if this is so much fun, the game must be
    a great success at 10% cost! Dump the world, let there be only
    stupid and tedious and non-rewarding missions! Players will LOVE it..
    *** evil grin ***
    Seriously, problem is NOT running thru missions, problem is
    that there is pretty much NO truly enjoyable action that gives
    enough REWARD from Exp and Money perspective. So no wonder
    that most of players want to avoid the tedious process as
    much as possible. Make FIGHTING THROUGH missions enjoyable,
    and you've solved the problem! (personally I fight a LOT of times,
    but its still damn boring)

< 2.1 - Are we too easy on exploiters? >
    Taking that TOO MANY features in the game are, basically,
    EXPLOITABLE (Buffs and whatever, see above) -

You, Funcom, are certainly too easy on DEVELOPERS who
    invent those "features" that SCREW UP both nature and common sence.
    Just ban some of the most clueless developers. Hire a couple
    of smart gamesystem creators.

< The pillow >
    this is the perfect example of how a stupid developer can mess
    up all the things. Enough said. Pillows are very very BAD idea
    from ALL points of view ( exclude "Crazy Loonie" ones )

Exploit examples.

< In PvP you might be utterly slaughtered by someone with skills 3 times as high as their normal limit. >

No NORMAL limit in this game so far!!!!!!! If you CAN equip +50
    level's rifle, then that's how world is created.
    Fix your world, dont blame "exploiters" who supposingly "dont understand how to play your game".. In fact those
    undestand how to play your game MUCH better than you do.
    Learn from exploiters.
    < You will find no one wants to group with you, and receive your run-fast-buffs, because they use a third-party tool to run faster>

Third-party tool is not an exploit, but a CHEAT and is a violation
    of license agreement on software. No second thought -
    CHEATERS must be banned forever and immediately.

< You will find no one wants to buy your hard earned nano-crystals or other sought after items. >

First thing, make at least some of them usefull. Second thing,
    DAMMIT please please make a freakingly simple and basic
    Player-To-Player trade available via VENDING MACHINES.
    Why Turbine guys managed to do it right (however Asherons Call
    is more of a failure that success IMHO) why cannot you.

< Should we do a pre-emptive strike on the exploiter community? >
    Yeah sure - just pre-emptively ban all and every player and you'll
    have no more trouble whatsoever with any sort of community....
    FIX YOUR SOFTWARE! =============================================

< 2.2 - How do we handle over-equipping? >

Well, for one thing you can ban everybody who carries
    a piece of stuff higher than his Level. That would be 99%
    of a player base. Alternatively, you can -
    introduce a reasonable mechanics behind all kinds of buffs
    and behind all kinds of requirements.

Is Agility required to WEAR armor or just to put it on?
    ( probably, to wear... why you dont suffer penalty then
    when you dont have enough skill?)

Is Aimed Shot skill needed to CARRY rifle or to do ACTUAL
    Aimed Shot? ( probably, to do an aimed shot... why the
    hit probabily is not reduced according to the amount of
    skill you lack? )

Make the mechanics behind the scene more complex than
    A+B > C+D and you'll have the balance...

Over Equiping

LOL im not going to even try and read this whole article.. but to put in my 2 cents...

Dont take away over equping... its not a bug or an exploit. When i have great implants and i pay a rediculous amount for a good buff.... so that i can put on my 2 swords that inable me to solo oarnges (which should be resonable) it makes the game fun. If im stuck to killing green things.. and my character sucks because of deequiping stuff.. im out.

Every time i die.. i have to get rebuffed. its a pain in the butt... but its the only way to keep up with other characters lets say an enforcer whos doing 400 dmg at my lvl .. every class seems to have its "uber" areas... i say just fix some of the dmg done buy certain weapons if you have to.. dont nuke the ability to equip better stuff.

Its the only thing that has made my new character fun.. my last character (fixer) was utterly worthless after burst was nerfed.... it was my only special attack.. and since all i could use is a mausser.... i was pothetic. Fixers in themselves need to be totally revamped... but anyway

Focus on areas like the fact that fixers suck... not over equpiing...

thanks,
    DEnaura

I'm tired of arguing about this, and reading arguments. I like the idea of an in-game poll. Something like..

"If Funcom decides to totally screw up the game mechanics again even though there are still glaring technical bugs to be fixed, will you...

A. Immediately cancel your account.
    B. Lap it up because it means you don't have to put as much effort into the game.

I don't know about anyone else.. but I'd be pickin A.

Thumbs up Skills and overequipping

I for one am in favor of the idea of basing the quality of weapons on the skills of the user. While the basic differentiations should be kept (a suit of inferior combat armor vs a suit of battered, or a suit of enhanced) so that people can buy exceptional equipment if they have the funds (and so that the economy keeps moving), I do think that weapons should increase in damage according to the skill of the user (also the quality of the weapon to some extent. A rusty gun will do generally less damage than a worn one, etc. but not the ql system which opens itself to exploits). While this is a significant transition, I feel that it could be made softer by keeping armor based on a ql system (since being tougher or faster doesn't make your armor stronger), while weapons should be based mostly on skill and slightly on quality.
    Just my thoughts on the issue, I feel that it will cut down on twinking (and will make many more weapons much more viable). By doing this, FunCom doesn't even need to crack down on people...there won't be a problem to begin with. For example, wranglers will increase your damage and speed with a weapon...until it wears off, when you will revert to your former self.

WOW!

This thread is huge

You took a large step toward game balance by making Trader Frequent Customer (I believe that is the name) self-only. Another part to that equation is that the different weapons don't appear to be equally buffable (I haven't played every class to high lvl, so I could have missed something).

First though, overequipping is not exploiting unless you exploited to overequip. Currently though, the overequipping opportunities don't appear to be balanced for the different weapons, which causes problems, unless you use one of the weapons that are easier to overequip (do we really want all PvP'ers running around with the exact same stuff on because that is what can be buffed the highest?)

How many stackable buff points can be added, with enough NCU of course, to rifle?

How many stackable buff points can be added, with enough NCU of course, to 1he?

The numbers don't need to be exactly the same, just more in line with each other.

Please keep the variety in the game, but create more balanced game mechanics.

If I work hard on my character, read the boards, learn what I can about my class, all I ask is a chance against a similar level in PvP, and to be able to group when I want without being left out because I can't deal the damage because what I have can't be Uber buffed as much as something else, or because I didn't exploit to make myself Uber (that is an example of how exploits CAN affect the non-PvP game).

You could easily adjust the time the buff runs or the delay between unequipping 1 belt and trying to equip a new one, so that buff can't be used for equipping a higher lvl belt for Traders either (yes I have a Trader).

Raising complit used to give a store discount (why did that change anyway?). Bring that back so the buff still has a use, just not one with such huge advantages, even for the Trader. If you leave it for Traders, you leave it for Agents due to FP. Rifle is just too easy to buff to leave that in.

Also, if you can't group with someone, and both get XP, you can't buff each other either. This suggestion was made months ago during a similar discussion. This, the NCU limitations, and balancing the buffability of the games equipment will all go towards balancing the game, while still leaving enough gameplay variety for it to be fun for most people.

Skara

You are all missing the point when you are quoting that line that defines exploits. The keyword is BUG. It is quite easy to figure if something is a bug or not. For example, those people that found out that you could stack treatment, did they think it was intended? No way.

Overequipping in itself isn't a bug. So it isn't an exploit either.

An exploit can allow you to overequip even more, but then the cause is the problem, not the effect.

And if you report an exploit whenever you find it, and you don't 'use' it, then they aren't going to ban you. Then you are aiding them in finding bugs.

PS. Yay! I got quoted.
    *poof*

Finally free from this nightmare!

Thumbs down Chew on this

Let me first off state that this is an extremely touchy subject. And any action by funcom could severely disrupt the very foundation in which Anarchy Online (in my opinion) appears to be based on.

2.1 - Are we too easy on exploiters?
    I've received several mails stating: "I really like AO, but it bores me annoyingly when I am in teams or see people who exploit as much as they can, and even doing so without fear because they feel there are no consequences." As this article will show, there are consequences!

The pillow
    Sometime back, a certain pillow was "nerfed", it was made one hand only. This means that if you see a person with two similar (white-red striped) pillows in their hands, there is a high chance that they are exploiting. The fact is, they can still be seen everywhere. I do understand that some players thought the removal of this "feature" was unfair. "Hey, I have worn those pillows for so long". A reduction in power is a reduction in freedom, and no one likes that. In this special case it was discussed a long time here at Funcom, and in our view it made the overall game experience better for almost everyone. I hope equal opportunities are something everyone agrees upon as something positive. I think it is a good example, because it contains all the nuances we would like this discussion to contain.

Ok… let me ask you this. When you “nerfed” this pillow, did you force everyone that was duel wielding it to unequip one of them? Reason I ask is because back when I first started my Martial Artist a high level friend of mine gave me a set of Senpai Secundus Armor Pants QL84. The stats required to wear the pants were Strength from 10, and Agility from 10. At the time I just figured WOW, really rare set of pants (Nieve I guess) and put them on without hesitation. Turned out they were bugged, and fixed in 13.0 (I think) but, even after the patch I still had them equipped, and to this day I still have them equipped at lvl 67. I was never forced to unequip them, and really… why should I take them off if I don’t have to. Now because I didn’t know these pants were bugged in the first place, then didn’t bother to take them off once I found out they were, does this make me an exploiter? Cause if so… Why Don’t You Just Ban Everybody.  Funcom goes out of business  Rubi-Ka becomes but a distant memory. Cause we are all guilty of it one way or another. Maybe if you guys would pay more attention to your programming and how you implement these “fixes” or “nerfs” and stop pointing your fingers at us your customers, there wouldn’t be these kinds of problems. I mean really, if you make it possible for people to cheat, people are gonna cheat! It’s just the nature of things. Fix the bugs. We are not your BETA Testers!

2.2 - How do we handle over-equipping?
    There are many ways to handle over equipping or usage of items where you don't currently meet requirements. Right now we handle it in this way:
    1. Some special items have received a "recheck" on zoning or during login.
     For example the "vehicles" stop working on zoning into a dungeon.
     Omni-Faction boards stop working if you swap sides etc
    2. All armors, implants and weapons function on maximum effect.
     Bugs have been found here, i.e. where martial artists and other dual wielders had their items dropping out during zoning
    3. All nano casting becomes disabled when requirements are not met.
    I would like to handle this in a better fashion. The number of ways to "use" bugs and system instabilities are far fewer now than they used to be i.e. you cannot have characters with "god-like" powers as easily as you used to. However the problems from the past currently give the newer or "honest" players a distinct disadvantaged.

Ok… Let me ask you this. What the hell is a trader for in this game then? A while ago you guys made the Traders computer literacy buffs self only. This pissed a lot of people off… and rightfully so. The very architecture of this game is to wear goods as high a quality level to your own level as possible. You designed it that way! For you to go back now and make a Traders Skill Wrangler buffs self-only or pretty much useless to any other class in the game is utterly ridiculous. I mean really pull your head out of your ass. What the hell would be the point of being a trader then. I know you guys had considered this previously with armor and weapons to make them useless if you didn’t have the skill required to use them.

How should we handle over-equipping?
    The fact that nano runners are much, much more vulnerable to debuffs than weapon wielders is something I also would like to address.

Nano Runners always have lower level Nukes and programs to revert to, and its simple to switch between them (Can you Spell SHIFT – 2) set up another shortcut bar. Simple.

Let nano runners be able to run nanos even though they don't meet requirements. Knowing the program is enough.
     The advantage is that it is predictable and easy to understand.
     The disadvantages are many though.
    1. Debuffing is of no value. (Even monsters will be happy about this)
    2. Increasing in level is not as important as having a high level friend that can pimp you with implants and nanos.
    3. Connections and rule knowledge becomes even more important than role-playing and "honest work".

Ummm…. No, not a very good idea at all. See above.

Partially disabling items, and marking them in different colours.
     You know that many of the items in AO scale with quality level. It could be possible to "temporarily" reduce effectiveness of an item while you lack the required skills. This way, the item will "grow on you". It will be debuffed with your skills, but still perform some of their main purpose.
     A suggestion I have seen on the boards is to reduce the item to the level "fitting" the skill, or slightly below. So that "natural" item requirements would mean a lot.
     The disadvantages with this are that nano runners still would get their nanos 100% disabled, whilst weapon wielders only partially would feel the effect.
     Another problem, although mild; it would still be felt as a nerf. Currently "everyone" has items that are beyond their level.
    1. A solution to this could be to have, for instance, a (i.e. 10%) cut-off rate for this effect, and hence have the reduction in effect following the amount of over-equipment.
    Example: If you equip an item 25% too high for you skills - first we reduce this number with the "cut-off limit", say 10%, and then we reduce the effectiveness of the item with 15%...
     The best thing with this is that pimped "uber equipped" exploiters would feel this much more than the average player. They might not notice it at all, struggling to get armour with a quality level as high as their level"

Now your thinking, this would be the more equivelant of a nano runner having to resort to a lower level Nuke or program from a debuff. It would be a major pain in the ass trying to switch weapons in the middle of a pvp battle because you got debuffed and can no longer use it while being utterly plagued by LAG (because we all know there are still issues there).

Another interesting question, should we treat different types of items in different ways?
     Should we totally disable NCU belts, but partially disable weapons and not touch implants at all?

Leave NCU belts alone, its bad enough you made trader buffs self only. The weapons idea above is good enough start there, and as for implants. Don’t even go there, in order to get the things equipped in the first place you need to hit a treatment booth (+100 Treatment). You tellin me your gonna render our implants useless as soon as we leave the playfield? Not to mention a Doctors Treatment buffs, it hard enough for doctors to make cash from missions as it is, they cant solo! You gonna bend them over and do them dry like a Trader?

Summary
    To sum up but a few of the many inputs I would like to get:
    1. Should we do a pre-emptive strike on the exploiter community?
    2. How hard and in what ways do YOU think we should crack down on people who exploit?
    3. How should we handle over-equipping?

1.) No comment.
    2.) Depends on the seriousness of the exploit, above was a pretty mild example of one which you might call an “exploit”. Personally I wouldn’t hold something like that against anyone. Something more serious like a hack into a G/M’s commands to give their character godlike powers or the ip exploit, duping etc etc etc need to be delt with indiscriminately.

3.) Over Equipping is a part of this game, like I stated earlier the very foundation of this game is to equip as high a level equipment as possible. You do that and you might as well take certain classes like the Trader out of the game alltogether, and you might as well go right back to your original drawing board for several other things that will be screwed by the domino effect (your guys patching has been a nightmare for most several times now, you fix one thing and you screw up 3 others). The area you find the most Twinking is at the lower levels and as far as I’m concerned let em to it. A real newb your not gonna find at an Arena or at 2 holes, your gonna find them hunting with a group in Newland Desert or running missions for cash / tokens having a hell of a time. A huge blanket Nerf is not the way to go.

Where the real problem lies

WTF is with all the in game cash being sold on ebay and most of all where the hell are people coming up with 25 Million credits to sell multiple times. I myself a lvl 67 Martial Artist (A class designed to solo well) cannot pick up a mission right now for more than 30k. There is a serious problem here and that is the root of all this twinking. Its upsetting the balance of this game and making it impossible for people that mission for their cash and play honestly to compete with bids on shopping channels, and purchase the gear they need to equip there character reasonably. I’d start there.

I'm a lvl 61 Eng with QL 110 implants to use my QL 73 pet. I did the completely on my own. I bought a complete medical outfit. I bought and assembled treatment implants and used a series of implants to systematically raise all the needed stats to get all the implants I need on. I had no outside buffs. I didn't "hack" the game. I simply sat in a store and spent a few 100k on parts and did it. How is this a problem. How can I be "exploiting". Does this make me an "Uber Twinker"?

If so then how was this process not forseen before the game was even released? This was not a convoluted process involving special high lvl buffs from several professions for spectacular and unforseen results. This was one Engineer in one shop for a few hours putting in implants. And now I'm reading an article explaining that this is a huge problem? What did you expect? Why would I not put in the best implants I could?

In regards to the weapons and armor being way over your lvl I say this. Instead of making artificial "caps" why not make it more realistic instead of less? If you are using a gun and do not have the skill for it, it should not hit for less. It should hit less often and slower. In real life if your skill is not what it should be for a weapon you miss more and take longer to use it. This seems pretty ovbious to me. And unlike artificial "caps" it add realism and validity to the solution.

The same principle can be applied to armor. If armor requires 100 strength to wear and your strength is 80 your armor should still work the same but you should be much slower because you aren't strong enough for the weight of your armor. This could effect dodge rate, run speed as well as attack speed. The same would apply for other type of armor agl, int, sense or whatever. If you don't have the Int. for your Nano armor then you can't control it as well and therefore you are slower.

Again this seems to resolve much of the concerns without stupid limits that will piss people off. It will also make these skill more usefull in the battlefield. You will want the traders in the field with you wrangling you stats not sitting at the BB in Omni Ent.

I don't think debuffs should effect implants. It requires huge treatment skill to put them in. That doesn't mean they should pop out if you treatment goes down. In rl a heart transplant doesn't pop out of your chest because the skill of the doctor that performed the operation dropped the next day!!

Of course if you do all these things you will have to put the mobs are more reasonable stats. I frankly don't understand why a lvl 61 eng. mob in a mission should not be just like a lvl 61 player that has lvl 61 armor, implants and weapons? Why do they hit me for twice what I hit them for and have 4 times the hit points?

Talk about "Uber Twinked"!!!!!

Exclamation Overequipping and exploiting players

Just my fl (soon to be UHK €) 0.02 worth.

>Should we do a pre-emptive strike on the exploiter community?
    >How should we handle over-equipping?

I think so, but I do think the strike shouldn't be too harsh. I've been guilty of having my char buffed so I could wear a pair of trousers that were two levels too high for me. It's a very attractive and easy exploit to use. I think it's a fair option to use that all equipment that's over the user's limit should be removed, with a few days notice on the website so users can re-equip in time and not lose all their equipment in the middle of a mission. My char currently is not overequipped, but I can imagine this can cause some upset in the player community. If no more room is left in the user's inventory, drop it on the floor (with a message in the chat area). I think this should happen for every user when they first log back in, instead of for all user's when they're online.

I don't think implants should just pop out though, I think it would be more realistic for implants to do some form of permanent damage (or lowering of the stats) whilst it's over the user's limitations of carrying, until the user meets the stats (by getting a buff or levelling) or removes the implant. Maybe (but maybe not) the user can also only remove the implant when he's met the requirements.. ?

>How hard and in what ways do YOU think we should crack down >on people who exploit?

Player resets are evil and should be illegalized! I do think with all the huge amounts of money that people are selling for real cash, it would be a possibility to clear out all people's cash pots completely. Again with warning, so people that have just been saving up honestly, can buy equipment they need. IMHO that's the only way the economy of the game can be restabilized. For those players who think that's terrible, there are a lot of real life countries that have done this in the past (fi. The Netherlands just after WWII).

Big up,

Mr Wudang

In response to WGMelchior, absolutely I thought the treatment stacking was intentional. When they did finally decide to nerf clinics and announced it as "fixed clinics to work as intended", it took me all of 5 minutes to determine that treatment still stacked and the extra 5m/stack seemed a reasonable penalty. Am I supposed to believe Funcom doesn't even do 5 minutes of testing on an incredibly simple change?

Or maybe I'm not supposed to believe Funcom's direct statements. I'm supposed to just read her mind and magically *know* what she's thinking and how she feels when even she can't figure it out?

Hell, I'm a man, not a mind-reader. If she doesn't know, I'll tell her and she'll like it. Honey, be a sweetie and get me another beer? Ahhh .. gaaak! It's flat! And warm! That's nerf beer! All right, you've got it coming this time! Whaddaya smiling for, wench? Gonna spank ya good this time ...

Thumbs up

Just a thought from a (relatively speaking) newbe:
    If you use your own buffs to equip yourself, is this really overequipping?
    Would it be possible/any use/make any difference to define overequipping as beeing able to use an item because other players buff you?

Anyways, I think a pre-emtive stand against exploiters is a good thing, and reducing the gain of overequipping would also make Rubi-Ka 'a better place'

Originally posted by runar
    Just a thought from a (relatively speaking) newbe:
    If you use your own buffs to equip yourself, is this really overequipping?
    Would it be possible/any use/make any difference to define overequipping as beeing able to use an item because other players buff you?

Anyways, I think a pre-emtive stand against exploiters is a good thing, and reducing the gain of overequipping would also make Rubi-Ka 'a better place'
    I think the problem with "Over-Equipping" is the fact that It only checks whether you meet the requirements of an item when you equip it, so it doesn't matter who or how you get buffed, if you end up having something equipped you don't meet the requirements for that is "Over-equipping"

The fact is everyone has done this because it was possible which is why its such a hard decision to remove it.
    Unfortunately the fact is it does affect the overall balance of the game beacuse some professions can overequip more than others.

The question is not whether over-equipping should be allowed, But should you be able to have something equipped when you don't meet its requirements?

Now you have three choices to this question yes no or maybe.

Yes you should.

Maybe, because you can still wield a weapon even if you aren't skilled with it in the real world. However because you don't meet the requirements your usages of it will be below par. However when it comes to armour maybe not because if its not so easy to change the way armour works if you don't meet the requirements, in this case it should probably be no you shouldn't be able to equip it.
    Of course then should you be able to wield/wear an item with requirements above your skill without buffing?

or No, you shouldn't

The arguments we should concentrate on are the logical arguments that pertain to these three answers, arguing for and against it in a sensible manner with well thought out arguments.
    Last edited by Mescale; Nov 28th, 2001 at 11:16:09.

pvp

i hear alot of people complainin about the games fun level, i think REALLY getting into the PVP storyline, clan vs. omni, would be awesome, like have big battles, and maybe make the rewards from pvp alot more, please touch on this subject so it will get notice in the plethora of posts on here, peace

think

Arrow Over all

Over all it seems as though we the gameimg public are of same mind. Be swift and terminal with exploiters. Let role players role play and twinkers twink. very simple this requires no changes to over equipage and an increase in story content and imersion for the roll players (Funcom has stated that we can affect the overall out come after all).

Re: Over all

Originally posted by FIXSTUFF
    Over all it seems as though we the gameimg public are of same mind. Be swift and terminal with exploiters. Let role players role play and twinkers twink. very simple this requires no changes to over equipage and an increase in story content and imersion for the roll players (Funcom has stated that we can affect the overall out come after all).
    Thats not the overall feelings of the players at all.

I can sum it all up

Ok Funcom here we go again....

I have an E-mail from a developer stating:

"I know we can not reimburse the experience at present, but I am talking with
    the operations department whom has the logs and seeing if this is occuring
    and such. I would look for an IP reset before too long due to come ppl
    exploiting their amount of IP as well as other experiencing bugs that may
    cost them IP."

That was from:

Precedence: bulk
    MIME-Version: 1.0
    Content-Transfer-Encoding: binary
    To:
    Sender: @rt.funcom.com>
    Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 01:45:24 +0200

Why not?? why cant you add up all the XP per lvl by how many lvls and give it all back...leave the armor,implants,guns on and let us put all of our points back...

Im a lvl 104 engineer and I have over 150 in EACH of my ranged skills, and not to mention the 280 in dual weild. When am I every goin to use those skills again?? NEVER!!!

I have been with the game since July 15th and yes I have found a few bugs AND I reported them ASAP, but everytime I try and do anything to my character something gets "nerfed" "twinked" "dropped" from the game and at times I wish I did cheat and exploit, coz im having one h*ll of a time making and getting new bots.... unlike others that will remain nameless such as NT's Engi's Enf's and some Soldiers that I know of.But who cares they got away with it good for them..

Now to the real problem.......Why have buffs to "up" your skills if when you zone you loose the buffs and/or items unequip? If i can go and get a 102 wrangle + 20 expertise + 50 mastery + 90 infuse just to make a new bot then I should get XP just for the feat i had to take to get all of that!!!! thats a 262 buff and at my lvl I would be able to cast an Upgraded Warmachine....now I say good for me on that one, as long as I fly arround everywhere and don't use the grid, i'll keep that big MOFO and I might have a prayer against higher yellow mobs!!! yes i said yellow coz im a weak a$$ mofo.....Take into consideration that some classes NEED to be buffed just to compete with the UBER mobs you have created......... ex Engineers,and Crats

So to sum it all up in a nutshell:

IP WHIPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hell i'll pay for it, I just don't wanna reroll my engi and start all over again

blargh

UM.... over equipping is part of the game, i mean whats the point of the traders wrangle?.. like that clas need to me move useless,
    instead of killing over equipping... why not just set a decent limit?

i mean comon, that would be really stupid if you had to have all your buff nano's to use your weapon....

the game is actually balenceing out, dont do another nerf to piss us ALL off... please?
    hell look at docs qith a pistol, like they could ever do ANYTHING solo with out getting a pistol mastery buff to get a decent one on....

comon think about it

oh and denura's post "LOL im not going to even try and read this whole article.. but to put in my 2 cents...

Dont take away over equping... its not a bug or an exploit. When i have great implants and i pay a rediculous amount for a good buff.... so that i can put on my 2 swords that inable me to solo oarnges (which should be resonable) it makes the game fun. If im stuck to killing green things.. and my character sucks because of deequiping stuff.. im out.

Every time i die.. i have to get rebuffed. its a pain in the butt... but its the only way to keep up with other characters lets say an enforcer whos doing 400 dmg at my lvl .. every class seems to have its "uber" areas... i say just fix some of the dmg done buy certain weapons if you have to.. dont nuke the ability to equip better stuff.

Its the only thing that has made my new character fun.. my last character (fixer) was utterly worthless after burst was nerfed.... it was my only special attack.. and since all i could use is a mausser.... i was pothetic. Fixers in themselves need to be totally revamped... but anyway

Focus on areas like the fact that fixers suck... not over equpiing...

thanks,
    DEnaura

yeah this all makes sense i can guarentee taht this is how most of us feel

Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast