Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819202122232425262728

Thread: "Exploits, Nerfs, Banning and Overequipping" by Gaute Godager

My 2 credits

I have only been playing for a few days (Level 10 Agent) so I won't claim to know all about everything. I would however like to see missions mor appropriate to my class ( and role-played personality). I go in to a mission, kill everything in the mission, and walk out battered but proud, like an enforcer, soldier, martial artist, doctor, engineer... you get the idea. There should be an option to perform missions by class type, then part of the argument against over equipping would go away. The doctor has to heal several plague victims before they die, how many survive would determine his experience. A mission in which the doctor never once violates his hipocratic oath, what a concept. If that were the case, the doctor would only need his whites, and a stach of treatment kits, not much need for wrangling buffing or anything else. If it becomes way too easy for him to advance with that type of mission, it would be a small tweak to solve the issue rather than a major production which seems necessary with the current fix.
    Orcus Blackweather

Blackweather, I believe you'll see more of what you want to see. In my opinion Funcom has a problem only in whatever they do will not make all players happy campers. I'm sure than most of our present problems were caused by their paying attention to those making the most noise instead of wondering why everyone else was so quiet. <smile>

We need to keep in mind the game is designed to last forever. It has pretty much been stated there are no plans to end it and only the players will be the ones to determine how long it lasts. As it is constantly being updated and enhanced they might have plans for new changes designed to draw an entirely new group of players while still working to keep the present players happy.

We're now seeing more of the beginnings of what is to come. The new item terminals for Fixers and `Crats, for instance. I'm sure there will be more to enhance the other professions.

What I feel we need to get away from is their reaction to the cry, "Wahhhhhh, the Agent is now more powerful than my Fixer and if you don't make it right I will quit and take all my friends with me!"

In real life, all are not equal. Born equal, maybe, but then it changes. I do not like PvP and the only time I have had anything to do with it was when jumped by some sniviling coward who did not care that I was returning from a mission totally unbuffed and unprepared. Had I been buffed and prepared I would have STILL headed for the Grid. To me the one nice addition would be the ability for the character fired on to still use the grid or whompa as long as there has been no return fire! Which means no automatic return fire, if I don't hit the "Q" key to return the attack I can get home safely!

And I'm not knocking those who enjoy PvP, let them do their thing. But let me do mine, exploring and taking missions, without the worry that some well hidden little coward is going to whack me when my back is turned. I'd love to be able to safely take missions in the so-called "enemy" areas!

It looks like Funcom has learned, the way they are handling the many crys for an IP rollback is great. "Here is the ability, YOU make the choices!" And there has been a dramatic increase in the level of support, one player who was stuck told me he was contacted by an ARK almost before he hit the "Enter" key to send the petition.

Little by little . . . . we're getting a really great experience!
    Roguespierre - Clan Adventurer
    Roboguru - Clan Engineer
    Icaria - Clan Fixer
    Attaboy - Clan Martial Artist
    Fresnel - Clan Meta-Physicist
    Zapya - Clan Nano-Technician
    Beaucrat - Clan `Crat
    Bullethead - Clan Soldier - Test Server

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819202122232425262728