Thread: Severe Zoning Issues Everywhere

Severe Zoning Issues Everywhere

Ok, I log in. I usually log out in the shop each evening, so I appear in the shop. A good start.

Head out the door, and pick up people on the scanner just outside HR8 in Trade, then the fun begins. I go to the bank, and it won't let me open my bank. Try the save terminal, same thing... nothing.

So I fly to the grid, in the theory that I may be able to go somewhere quiter. Get to the grid, and my bank window opens, and stays open. Odd. I click the grid. Nothing. Crash.

I wait for my char to log out properly and log back in. I'm in the grid. I move toward the teleport to the next floor, but it won't let me go up. Move around a little, then decide to beat the game to it, and I /quit. Wait a while for the logout, then try again.

Try to log in four times... no luck. It just sits at the AO logo screen, no music nothing, then crashes out totally.

This seems to be happening more and more since the last patch, and along with the horrific mission sync problem it's doing my proverbial tit in.

At the moment, I'm going through the fifth... now sixth attempt to get back in, but AO's server don't want to talk to me. Oh... now I'm on the little teleporter pad, no quick bar icons, no movement, nothing... I may actually call this "progress".... nope. Crashed back to DT.

Ahhh... an explaination. Posted at 15:59:48 that servers will be down at 4pm GMT (now 17:13 GMT). This message appeared at roughly between 17:08 and 17:13 first of all, and through the lack of any proxy at any point throughout my connection, this means that the upload of any status message wasn't until after the fact. Very helpful..

Firstly FC. When things go wrong, post up a message that work is to take place PRIOR to it happening. Secondly, if you are going to work on the server at 4pm GMT, then stop the possibility of logging in under the times that you state. For all I know, my char could be lost in the wilderness, black-holed, god-knows-what, due to the fact that I could log in at least 4:10pm GMT.

Just in case you are wondering all you UK'ers. GMT and BST means that 5pm BST = 4pm GMT.

Come on FC.... GET SHARP! :/
    Powervault ~ Legion
    Poweredge ~ Omegastrike

Poweredge's Soldier Guide (Now Sticky!)

You want to use CAC in SL? READ THIS

Just got an ingame message they they're taking the servers down on RK2 for 30 minutes. I'm hoping it's to fix the zoning problem. We should be able to check in 4 hours. /me grins.

bump
    "Donner à des millions une connaissance de l'anglais, c'est les rendre esclaves". (Hind Swarâj, ch. 18)