Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Roots...TO POWERFUL

Re: Roots and Importance of them

Originally posted by Deaddreamer

If you think that root is too powerful, what do you think should even the odds between melee and NF-based classes. Play the devil's advocate for just a moment. What would be the advantage to playing an NT who is PvP'ing versus an Engineer, Metaphysicist, or a Beaurocrat. Or for that matter, an Enforcer or a Martial Artist, who is melee.

Pets have more HP and are a better tank than an NT, and melee'ing classes do significantly more damage over time than nukes do, in addition to BH, Fumbles, and Counters. [/B]
    Great...My pet has more HP...and can't use 1 of them..because he is rooted. It is not root so much ...but the chain area root problem. They come in, cast area root,...over and over..., kill freely...get their happy title, and go on their merry way.

One of 2 things would be good:
    1) Remove the ability to CHAIN ROOT
    or
    2) Lower the effectiveness of AREA ROOT on players.

Chain area root is just plain evil. The monsters never get pissed about being rooted...and never attack. It is a completely safe power to use...for almost all occasins. I understand that there are certain classes that need this power. Fine...what I am saying is that there must be some ability to resist this dang thing...outside of a bug. Which is what I wrote in the original posting. I did not say that this power would always be 100% successful. But, something like "Sympathetic root resistance" or other would give a % chance (based on QL of the nano) to resist this root. Which would mean that for all you happy gankers....the low level people you like to splat so much, with your roots, would not be able to restist. BUT, a high level person has a chance in H*** to do something about it. I am not asking for a COMPLETE resistance. I just want a chance. The combination of 100% success in rooting, and CHAIN rooting is just too stupid. Even if the nano only gave 25% chance to break a root every 5 seconds...FINE...it is something. More than we have now. I just find it funny that 1 small power can completely destroy the pet classes and we can do nothing about it. The pet classes, on the other hand, have no such wonder power against you. All we can do is kill you the old fashioned way....which does not work...because everybody and their dog has root.

Anohter post crying for nerf.

Fact:
    Normal root has 75-100% nano resist
    Area root has like 100-130% nano resist
    Trader drain has 190% nano resist

I made a trader, draining (190% resist) a red mob often takes more than 2 attempts. And my crat sometimes cant calm (100-130% resist) super aces/real means. They work as intended in pvm.
    However in pvp, I have max nano resist and a grey trader can still drain me 99.99% of the times.

Root is not a prob, nor drain.

Its players and pets nano resist.

Understand ?

For the non-pulling agro with mass root issue, you do pull agro, but only on the target u selected.

Add to my previous post.

In pvp, nano resist works only when you have extremely high amount of em. Only enf can get over 1k resist as of today.
    Maybe ur resist would come close when u get a crat to activate the increase nano resist speech.

Pet could be useless in pvp, but the master never is.

Originally posted by Wenzell
    Anohter post crying for nerf.

Fact:
    Normal root has 75-100% nano resist
    Area root has like 100-130% nano resist
    Trader drain has 190% nano resist

I made a trader, draining (190% resist) a red mob often takes more than 2 attempts. And my crat sometimes cant calm (100-130% resist) super aces/real means. They work as intended in pvm.
    However in pvp, I have max nano resist and a grey trader can still drain me 99.99% of the times.

Root is not a prob, nor drain.

Its players and pets nano resist.

Understand ?
    Your 99.99% trader quote more than proves my point about the worthlessness of the Nano resist skill. It does nothing. And you are telling me that it is a "Nerf" that I want. BS...I am asking for a couter to something that is being abused. It will not affect the way that root is used against mobs,...it is not 100% effective in the least...but it does give a chance. You simply don't want it, because you are the Ganker supreme. I have been killed over and over by you,...hiding behind the wall..targeting my group..stepping around the wall, casting root...killing from a distance..then stepping back into the 75% zone. Your tricks are cheap and cowardly. The only reason you don't want a resist is because your trick will stop being 100% effective 100% of the time. I have never PVP'd..never will,...but you get some sort of cheap thrill out of it. Try attacking people with titles...they obviously go for it.

I am tired of hearing about how your root is ok from a person the ARKs are currently watching because you are an exploiter.

is a 25% chance too escape too friggin much to ask for. A 25% chance is 25% more than anybody has now.

The only people who don't want this are gankers. Chain root maniacs who sit there and abust this power. All I am asking for is a SMALL CHANCE to escape. I am not even asking for a way to attack..just let me get away one out of 4 times...ONE OUT OF 4 TIMES. That would be a massive improvement.

Wenzell...you scream "NERF",...but you are not understanding the basis of my arguement..or not caring..because you are a 191 ganker who roots and kills 120+ (but never too high) people because they want a word like "Freshman" in front of their name.

A chance to escape slows down the achievement of your next title.

Be fiar...

Re: Re: Roots and Importance of them

Originally posted by LastJourney

One of 2 things would be good:
    1) Remove the ability to CHAIN ROOT
    or
    2) Lower the effectiveness of AREA ROOT on players.

Doesnt this suggest some sort of nerf ?

Root has a high chance to break whenever u take some damage.

What do you mean by I exploited ? Ive never gotten a warning on my account. The strategy I use is to keep you and your pets out of melee distance. And its within 40 meters which is the max, perfectly legit.

"He killed me with root thus he mustve exploited"
    thats loser comment.

And I fight everyone, Ive fought lvl 200 MA, lvl 200 doc..... I could care less about title when I want to have fun and when its fair. You can hardly find a novice who would die 3x in 2 hours period, that was me when I wanted to have fun.

Roots and annoyance of them

A nerf would be the complete removal of this power. Once again..you are missing the point. What is so wrong with a chance to resist? You say "the root breaks when you are hit." Well..that is nice..except that somebody is always chain casting them.

I get hit...I take 1 step...I am rooted again...I get hit...I take 1 step...I am rooted again...I am dead

I have been killed fairly and don't mind. Your particular tactic of using the wall, so we can't see you are there, targeting us, and then area rooting...is just lame. I have talked to GM's and ARK's..they say that this is an exploit. It will be dealt with shortly. Of course..Buttcom says that often enough, but never do anything about it. So....just keep doing what you are doing. You have pretty much made everybody have to leave the last high level places to level. You have performed your task Wenzell..you have pissed off a lot of people. Congrats. There we are..just having fun..and you come in and do your trick. Wow..that was fun...hours of work in the toilet....Thanks for the great experience Wenzell...You are my hero.

And you talk about fighting with high level guys...GOOD FIGHT WITH THEM...STOP ATTACKING GUYS 60+ LEVELS LOWER THAN YOU. You don't seem to understand that those characters....have REAL PEOPLE at the other end..we are not mobs..we don't find it fun to be ganked...

Once again..I state.. a 25% chance to resist is not a nerf...

A nerf is a 100% chance to resist.

There is nothing wrong with some form of resist,..since Nano Resist does nothing at all.

You can DoT yourself to avoid roots. This is very effective and anybody can do that.

Just need to find a nano finger to do so (when you don't have DoT nano) and cast it when you feel you could be rooted, or when you are already rooted.

Trader got an exellent anti-root nano, it is their delay health paiment line, because they heal thmeself and then are slowly DoT.

When you jump in your yalm, just check if there s nobody around, then your speed should be enough to be safe (or cast a DoT before entring the yalm).

A DoT makes you root safe.

Where can I get these things. I am an engineer, and do not have any DoT nano's. Please tell me what the item is and where I can get it.

Re: Roots and annoyance of them

A nerf would be the complete removal of this power. Once again..you are missing the point. What is so wrong with a chance to resist? You say "the root breaks when you are hit." Well..that is nice..except that somebody is always chain casting them.

I get hit...I take 1 step...I am rooted again...I get hit...I take 1 step...I am rooted again...I am dead

I have been killed fairly and don't mind. Your particular tactic of using the wall, so we can't see you are there, targeting us, and then area rooting...is just lame. I have talked to GM's and ARK's..they say that this is an exploit. It will be dealt with shortly. Of course..Buttcom says that often enough, but never do anything about it. So....just keep doing what you are doing. You have pretty much made everybody have to leave the last high level places to level. You have performed your task Wenzell..you have pissed off a lot of people. Congrats. There we are..just having fun..and you come in and do your trick. Wow..that was fun...hours of work in the toilet....Thanks for the great experience Wenzell...You are my hero.

And you talk about fighting with high level guys...GOOD FIGHT WITH THEM...STOP ATTACKING GUYS 60+ LEVELS LOWER THAN YOU. You don't seem to understand that those characters....have REAL PEOPLE at the other end..we are not mobs..we don't find it fun to be ganked...

Once again..I state.. a 25% chance to resist is not a nerf...

A nerf is a 100% chance to resist.

There is nothing wrong with some form of resist,..since Nano Resist does nothing at all.
    A nerf doesn't have to be a removal. You could limit the effectiveness of stuns (like they already have). Riddle me this Mr. Runyourmouth, you want to have countermeasures for roots. So effectively if I root you, you break it, I root you, you break it, etc. I run out of nano, cant cast, cant root, can only take the beat down from your bot.

Nice theory.

There are several way to be DoT.

Honestly, if you don't have a DoT nano this solution is not very easy to use. However you can find charged nano finger and hack them to be able to use them. The problem is that you will have a number of charge like 20 and so it is not a very good solution but it is one, for desperate situation : )

Sorry for these troubles with roots LastJourney

The best would be a DoT nano for each classes, like Trader have an healing nano wich DoT themself. I would say an additionnal AC boost wich DoT yourself for exemple.

NB: That's why the rage line break the roots. Enforcers get DoT.

Re: Re: Roots and annoyance of them

Originally posted by KKrylon

A nerf doesn't have to be a removal. You could limit the effectiveness of stuns (like they already have). Riddle me this Mr. Runyourmouth, you want to have countermeasures for roots. So effectively if I root you, you break it, I root you, you break it, etc. I run out of nano, cant cast, cant root, can only take the beat down from your bot.

Nice theory.
    Nice theory...except my bot is still rooted. Unless you were stupid enough to attack my bot. Think!!

Also beeing able to break a root by a DoT is fair, because you will loose health to avoid the root.

Fixer don't need to bother with this matter because we can evac anyway

Re: Re: Re: Roots and annoyance of them

Nice theory...except my bot is still rooted. Unless you were stupid enough to attack my bot. Think!!
    Oh, I think I see where the confusion is. You don't wield a good weapon? Do you try to rely entirely on your bot? You see, if this "theory" was put into effect, that engy who actually wields a weapon ie. a Ithica or Nova, is going to smoke everyone.

Now I'm sure your intentions are wonderful, making it just so your bot can get out of trouble. Can't you THINK!! about how this will make engy's a little too damn powerful in pvp? If I can't root a slayer, its going to tear me to pieces. If his master is shooting me as well, I'm dead in seconds if I can't root.

DoT

Then how about letting engineers use some poison injectors for ourselves...Heck..I would hurt myself if I could escape. I don't care. A simple chance is all I am asking for.

As for Mr. Runyourmouth's comments...I don't see the relevance of what he says. "I'm out of nano...now your bot can kill me"...maybe...if he attacked my bot....like a moron.. and as I am running, he can use a pack to get more nano..and root again...

The only people who don't want others to have a chance to resist...are those who use root in PVP... because I have never said to reduce the affectiveness against mobs.

The real truth of the matter is that they don't want to even the playing field any.

Look at the list of things..you will see that Engineers are the quickest dead in PvP...we have ONE weakness....ROOTS..and almost everybody has them. So..that makes us worthless for defense...attack..anything. The PvP crowd hates the idea of a 25% chance to break free.... I guess that 75% win is too little for them...

In another thread (or possibly even this one) a player claimed that lowering their agg/def bar to more defensive had a significant effect on their ability to resist nanoformulas. So this would bear 2 questions:

1. Has anyone attempted to do this to either confirm or refute this claim?
    2. If this is true and you're running full aggressive during PvP whose fault is it that they can't resist a root, Funcom's or the target's?
    History admires the wise, but it elevates the brave. - Edmund Morris

The first faults are theirs that commit them, the second theirs that permit them. - Unknown

Did you ever get the feeling that the world had an abundance of idiots? And that God had arranged for you to meet every single one of them before you died? - Kuroshio

Re: Re: Re: Re: Roots and annoyance of them

Originally posted by KKrylon

Oh, I think I see where the confusion is. You don't wield a good weapon? Do you try to rely entirely on your bot? You see, if this "theory" was put into effect, that engy who actually wields a weapon ie. a Ithica or Nova, is going to smoke everyone.

Now I'm sure your intentions are wonderful, making it just so your bot can get out of trouble. Can't you THINK!! about how this will make engy's a little too damn powerful in pvp? If I can't root a slayer, its going to tear me to pieces. If his master is shooting me as well, I'm dead in seconds if I can't root.
    Well excuse me for using the weapon that is SUPPOSED to be the engineers specialty. Pistols do nothing..and I plan to change all that after 14.2. That is not the issue at hand. I did not say "You cannot root my slayer MUHAHAHAHAHA!!!" I said...."I want a chance to escape..." screw the bot..I can make another.

There are many good pistols out there. Single req. shotguns as well.

Originally posted by Kuroshio
    In another thread (or possibly even this one) a player claimed that lowering their agg/def bar to more defensive had a significant effect on their ability to resist nanoformulas. So this would bear 2 questions:

1. Has anyone attempted to do this to either confirm or refute this claim?
    2. If this is true and you're running full aggressive during PvP whose fault is it that they can't resist a root, Funcom's or the target's?
    I always run full defensive so as to not get agro and let the bot work....it never does anything...ROOT

Well put Kuroshio

Hope this is true....

As for the "wielding a weapon" comment. I am "wielding a weapon" I am wielding 2 of em.

What is your point here

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast