Thread: What exactly is melee?

Thumbs down What exactly is melee?

Ok this has been around for quite a while and until now ive just ignored it. Please can someone tell me why o why can a mob hit me with melee damage from like 2 rooms distance away? I understand that you have to be within close range to initiate combat but after that, distance seems to be no issue.
    Now from what ive heard and believe, melee damage tends do be more powerfull than ranged damage, is that right? So that in turn that would be the balance between melee and ranged. So where is the balance if both distances for melee and ranged seem to be the same?

Btw this is not a cry to nerf melee users (I have characters that use melee as well as ranged), im just getting annoyed of being killed by mobs using melee from 2 rooms away and usually while running. Was this actually meant in the combat mechanics? and if so, why?

Lol

To answer the title FC's definition of melee is as follows:

Melee - 1. A person to stupid to pick a shot gun/nuke/uber crit range weapon class.
    2. Cannon fodder for anyone with a ranged attack, pet or root.
    3. A running joke in Oslow. 4. Someone that will never see neophyte or higher pvp title.

To answer the post, Drkrawn is right that's desync. No melee doesn't hit harder just faster. Anyone with a ranged weapon or nuke out damages us.
    Takuan
    Future Sword Saint of Rubi-Ka
    Martial Artist
    Storm