Thread: Calling for a Council of Truth

Calling for a Council of Truth

Fellow Clan Members,

We have heard the words of Mr. Radiman for the call of a rebuilding of the Council of Truth, we have heard the words of Sir. Beargar of the Knights of Camelot to unite. But what have we done? Nothing much as of yet. All we have done at this moment is talked about the possibilities, the potential, the want for a new council, and have also argued with other Omni-Tek Employees who would further hinder our abilities to progress as free persons of Rubi-ka. This is why I feel that instead of continuing this arguing, we should put into motion what we have been talking about.
    Within the next few weeks, I am going to begin to start talking to other Clan Leaders, and also other Clan members, and citizens about what a Council of Truth should really be, how it would be implemented, and how we clan members would be about to voice our opinion through one unified voice.
    I will put more information and details as the day’s pass of what this would mean.

My fellow clanners, remember to keep the dream alive.
    Nexeus Fatale
    Former GSP DJ
    website

Zane "Tharkael" Conmy

- "The secret to "the list" is that once you are on it, you automatically become Timelapse's and Regulas' chew toy."

... argued with other Omni-Tek Employees who would further hinder our abilities to progress as free persons of Rubi-ka.
    This is an innaccurate statement. Being caring and loving of all lifeforms is what seperates OT from other "heartless" organizations.

Unfortunately, being "caring and loving" sometimes OT citizens get involved in an unofficial capacity with things, purely out of a voluntary desire to help others.

OT would be more then glad to help you form the council of truth. We could help you count election cards at our automated facilities, temporarily run your government for you until a true council was formed, and provide protection to all clanners taking part in elections.

Should you agree, we have already appointed several OT officers to be leaders of the "temporary government" and have established that Omni-Pol, as well as Omni Armed Forces, would have enough officers/soldiers and be more then happy to come into your town and provide "law enforcement" and "protection".

This talk of us hindering clan government, really hurts our feelings. We're just trying to help - we love and care for you all deeply and wish you luck in what must be such a painful process.

Nevver nods.

Divvinity is right; we are not unreasonable people. I would even like to extend an olive branch to the Clan community and be one of the first to offer my services for helping to keep voters safe at the election polls.
    Janella "Nevver" McCallagher
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»
    Why settle for less when you can oppress?

"First get your facts; then you can distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain
    "Nevver: Like the thing that hides in your closet. But worse." - Gueve

Also known as...
    Jacquelynn "Kaitakait" Moscardelli
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

Omnis, they just never give up trying to run everybody else's life ^^

Anyways, i believe the time of the Council of Truth is done and over with. One should not go back to the past, but should always move on to the future.

In order to even get to the Truth, we must have the Freedom to do so. We should form a Council based on giving all people this Freedom.

Oh, and should Omni-Tek ever decide to become a Democracy with protected Freedoms, don't worry because we the Clans will teach you and show you how to do it.
    Clan Elder of The Pilgrims

Lets take this from a realistic standpoint for a moment here. It is impratical and impossible for Omni-Tek, a diplomatic and legal entity to make aggreements with each clan on an individual basis.

Without a governing body the 'clans' cannot become a viable diplomatic entity. This is extremely dangerous form a public safety standpoint because there is no consistency that can be expected from one clan to the next nor are there any laws in place from the lack of a binding legal enforcement entity.

No, might does not make right. On Rubi-Ka of all places where people cannot realistically die short of young/old age or freak accidents the fighting and posturing of some of these aggressive and millitant clans do nothing to contribute to the solution.

Realize this, Omni-Tek still has another 50 or so years left on its lease. This is coming from the ICC, an intergalatic legal entity. It is impossible for the clans to think they can speed this along. Hope this sheds some new viewpoints on the matter.

Administrator Houston out.
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston - Equipment
    Administrator, Omni-Admin
    Bringing the politics of Rubi-Ka to life!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

Originally posted by Sallust
    Oh, and should Omni-Tek ever decide to become a Democracy with protected Freedoms, don't worry because we the Clans will teach you and show you how to do it.
    Considering that two centuries after the miner revolts you are still no closer to establishing your beloved Clan Democracy, we might just pass on the kind offer. Or is it a case of 'he who can't do, teaches?"

Savoy
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Originally posted by Sallust
    *coughs* Ya Clanners always forget a lil' something in this.

Omni-Tek isn't a governing body. Omni-Tek is a corporation. This doesn't call fer any comparison. What need would there be of a governing body on a planet that was open to terraformation fer the only sake of its resources (ie Notum)? Sure, the Clans added a new part to the equation, but this is kinda... amusing. Ya can't make demands of a 'democracy' in the way ya mean it within a corporate structure.

/me simply smiles
    Jen Markarian - Put the weirdness back in Omni-Mining
    Updating my stories -- 19/03/08. Going slowly, but certainly
    Anarchy Reloaded - AO webcomics for the sake of being silly

I never want to lose what I have finally found
    There's a requiem
    A new congregation
    And it's telling me: go forward and walk
    Under a brighter sky
    -- Delerium, Euphoria --

Lem ponders over the idea... then was struck by a thought she hadn't previously recieved.

"Go ahead. I'm cheering for you guys! Honest! I hope nothing better than to see a unified Clan governmental body."

Lem smiles. Silently she sat back and thought: 'Sure, then Omni-Tek can file an official petition with the ICC. If they wish to have their own government, then we can get the ICC to remove them from the Planet. They thought Omni-Tek was bad before? How about Omni-Tek AND the ICC breathing down their throats...'
    Ylemae (6-10? years old):
    "Lemmy" (True name: Jiselle Waldram)
    Jennifer Matusz - Daughter to Don "Doncarnage" Matusz

Chelle "Crysallys" Dinnen (14 years old)
    Hayley Dinnen's Daughter
    Growth Accelerated as a Baby
    Born Dec 25, 29476 RST
    Trainee in Vector Blue

Originally posted by Ylem Twins
    How about Omni-Tek AND the ICC breathing down their throats...'
    I prefer to think of it as gentle persuasion.
    Janella "Nevver" McCallagher
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»
    Why settle for less when you can oppress?

"First get your facts; then you can distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain
    "Nevver: Like the thing that hides in your closet. But worse." - Gueve

Also known as...
    Jacquelynn "Kaitakait" Moscardelli
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner