Thread: Zone Lock Ups, And Other Weirdness

Zone Lock Ups, And Other Weirdness

All day today (April 2) When I zone on RK1, I have been locking up. Chat text is moving, but I cannot. My quick bar is empty, icons for my nano programs are gone, and where my credits are, it says 'Transfer'.
    I have to Alt-F4, and log on again, and to the same thing. It takes on average 3 log on tries before I can play.
    But I can play for about 5-15 minutes before I crash, and repeat the above.
    This has been happening to others in my guild also, and only today.
    System is:
    P3-933 FC
    512 megs PC133 SDRAM
    Asus CUSL2 Mother board
    Elsa GeForce 2 Ultra
    Sound Blaster Live Value
    Windows ME
    All current drivers.
    Cable connection to net, 128k up, 3 meg down, Cox Cable Company.
    Grupurt Division 9 [RSGE] Ret.
    Second Nanomage Agent To Hit Lvl 200 on RK1

RK1

Same thing, funny thing is, it started later in the day and I have been playing all day. I was on with my main and was zoning into the basic store in athens when it locked up. Had to use alt f4. Happened with my other chars as well. Didnt seem to effect everyone but I do know it effected many folks. Was also able to un freeze my char but couldnt sit down and within 1 min, it locked up again. Needless to say, if this continues, it might be time to look at other games

Erm...

Do you actually read the board before posting ?

Fix that !

Ummm, yes I do Miriandel but I do believe it is you that should carefully read these posts. You talk about still being able to chat. We are talking not able to use keyboard functions at all. There is a big difference as this isnt a lag isue nor is it a slight disabling of your avatar. You are completely locked up, cannot move, cannot chat, cant use any functions that require keyboard input. Hence, your only recourse is to use alt f4 in order to get out of the game.

And BTW, logged in just now and FunCom is taking down the servers for 30 mins. If this was a lag issue, servers wouldnt be coming down.

Yes,

It was a rare occurence before, but It was really bad last night.
    It isn't your machine at all. I thought it was COX (heh...what an appropriate name) but I guess allot of people were having a hard time.

Joe
    |-o-| (=0=) |-o-|

Thumbs down Bah

Time is 21:15 CET and everthing is still Fubar.

C mon Funcom, please fix this or at least tell us that you know
    about the problem and is trying to do something about it.
    /Y

Yep same thing has been happening to me. I got stuck in broken shores and couldn't move let alone sit down and log out so i just minimized AO and just ctrl alt del. I logged for the night because of that. Was playing earlier today and the same thing happened every time I attempted to grid into galway. Ended up having to ctrl alt del again. Relogged and after waiting 2 min...no joke... I was finally able to type but I couldn't sit down. Tried gridding and it didn't work so I tried sitting down ...nothing. I finally get discoed I reboot and relog in. Now I'm in the grid again sitting down. Arrrghhh. Try gridding out to galway again out of synch again...what a surprise. Relog and I'm finally in synch. Its frustrating when ya spend about half an hour just trying to get the game to work properly.

Angry This has got to stop!!

This has been happening now to me for about 2-3 days now. Same problem. Sometimes might see others chat, people moving and I freeze up and cant type or move. Other times my things are mission just like the others said. I am sooo aggravated it isn't worth the aggravation. This isn't just a 3 or 4 time accurance either it is happening quite regularily. The only way to fix it is to restart and sometimes I have to do that a couple of times. I have waited up to 5 MINUTES thinking it would go away but to no avail.
    PLEASE FIX THIS
    PLEASE REPLY

Well, an update for everyone as I received an answer from a GM finally.

GM stated that they(FunCom) are aware of the problem and that it is happening to alot of folks. They dont know what the problem is but are working on a patch to fix the problem. They are very sorry for any problems that this might have on everyone.

Now, my 2 cents

Ive played Eq for 3 years. I know about crappy customer service and patches or buggy code put in place. Something was added since this has just started happening within a few days. At present, playing AO is next to impossible since even if you do get out of the zone bug loop(GM words again), your char is so out of sync that you still cant play properly.

Just wanted to let everyone know what Ive found out

Merkreus

Originally posted by Merkreus
    Well, an update for everyone as I received an answer from a GM finally.

GM stated that they(FunCom) are aware of the problem and that it is happening to alot of folks. They dont know what the problem is but are working on a patch to fix the problem. They are very sorry for any problems that this might have on everyone.

Oh good, so this means it should be fixed sometime after 14.2 patch rolls in.

same thing here.

I did a petition and an ark show uped quite soon. He/She said that it is a known problem and even some arks have that problem . Dev Team is working on a fix ...

Lets see how long it takes
    Kampfmaus MP retired
    DiscountJoe Trader retired
    Luidschi Soldier

Now that's funny.

I can just imagine the arks having to go through the same **** a lot of us have in the past three days. That really tickles my funny bone.

Now if it could only happen to a dev, then maybe it would be fixed posthaste.

Unhappy Good new?

Thanks Merkeure for that reply now we shall see how long it takes for them to fix it Too bad they don't reply that way. Quickly

This needs to be fixed.... can't play for 5 min before losing sync and then nothing working ..i zone and gotta wait 5-10 minutes before it fixes itself... this includes relogging and even trying to wait it out. The issue is not affected by relogging. The server is for some reason seriouly backed up and you simply gotta wait.

-Mega

Ummm, yes I do Miriandel but I do believe it is you that should carefully read these posts. You talk about still being able to chat. We are talking not able to use keyboard functions at all. There is a big difference as this isnt a lag isue nor is it a slight disabling of your avatar. You are completely locked up, cannot move, cannot chat, cant use any functions that require keyboard input. Hence, your only recourse is to use alt f4 in order to get out of the game.

And BTW, logged in just now and FunCom is taking down the servers for 30 mins. If this was a lag issue, servers wouldnt be coming down.
    There is no difference: it's a connectivity problem.
    Your client may lock up when the AO logo displays, or a bit later when the town's textures are loading, or a bit later when you are finally free to move and use your mouse.

The problem is the servers lose connection with you.
    Their whole engine is bugged, we'll never get out of that crap, my 2c

Exclamation It's WORKING!!

I played some AO at work today. Worked fine no zonening problems at all. Keyboard working fine.

When i got home, hoped for the best, started AO
    ended up with a ping above 188.000 ms. (hmmmm, that's a long time?), dead keyboard, no map in Ent. and no choosen profession
    if you click the skill button and so on.

After several tries, kicked every time with an average ping of 20 sec i decided to reinstall AO. What keept me from doing it is all the 44MB patches.

It's working for me know, no problems accept for the usual ones.

What i've done prior to all these problems are
    installing the new Nvidia drivers and Lucas Art's Jedi Play Star Wars Jedi Knight II Jedi Outcast.

----
    Try reinstall, dont repair. Uninstall and remove all
    files left over from the uninstaller by your self.

If your lucky, it will work.

Taking the patches through FTP is alot more faster than the autopathcer.

/y

In another thread, Cz said that he's getting the same error, only from FC's office.

Oh, and how can they be working on a fix if they don't know what in the hell's going on??
    Nietya

Level 77 Clan fixer.

Trellame ought to be sainted or made a deity or something. I mean, seriously.

An official word on these boards is required.
    "Donner à des millions une connaissance de l'anglais, c'est les rendre esclaves". (Hind Swarâj, ch. 18)