Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Peacful NewLand City issue

Peacful NewLand City issue

[ RK2 ]

Greetings, my name is Evan Blue , but please feel free to call me Itel.

I am seeking anyone who can help me with awsers regarding the so called protectors of New Land City. I belive you know who Im reffering to.

This city once was my home, my place to settel down and talk to all my frineds no matter of alignment.

Some time ago a band of Thigs were hierd to defend the city, a decision i do not agree with. In protest i have moved to Borealis but now i seek awsers on exatly how their contract is built, how they can be removed from NewLand City.

The precence of these persons in NewLand City makes a once peacefull city part of a conflict that I do not wish to participate in in any way.

I do understand that letting all move freely thru NewLand city would demand a relocation / modification of the current transportation network in the city to let traffic flow freely and easily thru the city and outside the city it self.

If you know anything about this contract or if you have a copy of it please let me share your knowlege.

I do not seek any form of agressive actions or sollution thru violence. There should be no more blood spilled on the streets of a once peacefull place.
    If you are afraid of dying you will never truly live

As far as I understand it, the mercenary contract is being paid for by the Newland City Council - whoever they are. One of the problems of being Neutral is that you rarely have a clear idea of who owns or governs the patch of dirt you're currently standing on. Borealis, Newland and Last Ditch are maintained as free cities, but pinning down the people who actually run them is next to impossible.

The initial 100M hiring fee for Ms Warr's company was paid by Elite Operations, who had grown sick of the situation in Tir. In the absence of any unified action by the Clans to lift the interdiction of the city, EO decided to see if a taste of their own medicine would motivate them. I don't think it was a good move for Newland and the Sentinels are still in Tir, but there is at least some serious debate on the subject now. Judge for yourself whether the contract has met any of its aims or not.

However, although EO footed the initial bill I believe that the on-going costs for the contract are being paid exclusively by the City Council. This effectively takes EO out of the decision-making loop, so it's probably no use approaching them about it. Since the City Council is next to impossible to track down, that makes diplomatic efforts difficult to say the least.

Most Neutrals and Clanners use a workaround for the situation. Clanners who need access to the Neutral whompa net usually grid straight to Borealis, while neutrals who need to travel via the Clan net grid to Old Athen. It's interesting to note that, even in the face of Sentinel occupation, someone took it upon themselves to re-engineer the Tir grid system, moving the access point outside the city. I just wish I knew who did it, but understandably they're keeping their heads down. The Borealis governing body (whoever they are) installed a grid terminal in Bor at about the same time, perhaps in an effort to capitalise on the Newland situation to increase trade in the city.

Maybe the solution is to take this re-engineering of the infrastructure a stage further. Tir and Newland are important because they're transit hubs, which is why the Sentinels won't relinquish control of Tir and why EO hired mercs for Newland but not any other Neutral city. If these cities weren't the first port of call on their respective whompa networks, things might change. It would be hard for whoever is maintaining Ms Warr's contract to justify the on-going expense and the Sentinels might feel less motivated to hold onto Tir if it lost its status as a hub of communications. They're brave enough when it comes to ousting the ICC's under-trained forces, but I'd like to see them try the same thing against the Old Athen Blades

I have some modest skills in engineering, space warps and matter transmission. I'd be happy to investigate the possibility of "improving" the Neutral whompa net in this way. I know that there's growing dissatisfaction among the Clans with the situation in Tir, so any takers on the Clan side of things?

Cheers,

~R~

Thank you Soyuz

I will try to seek out the New Land City Council. Hard as it mihht be I will try to find them.

Maby a representative of Elite Operations have any clue on how to find a representative of NLC Council ?

Any and all information is greatly appreciated.

Elite Omni-tek...opps Operations and this as Mr Sumokans fave personal project to wage war on the Clans has never been anything relating to anyone even remotely connected to the term neutral. As for the so called Newland City Council...said it before and will say it again. Who the heck are they? no one elected them did they so they can crawl back to wherever they came from with there blood money as to put it simply...we don't want them or there thugs!
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

Still no luck in finding the NLC Council , BUt I wil never give up. I wish a peacful resolution of this problem.

As i see it the problem is getting NLC back to being neutral. Sadly it is a lot harder than it seems.

I will seek information from any and all i can get it from.

All constructive information will be deeply appreciated.

I would however like to point out, that others would have much prefered a branch of the Hope guards to have been stationed in Newlands.

You criticise the ICC Guards for cowardise, yet how many times did they die over and over to protect neutrals? and you mention Tir...oh yes, so much cowardise in being slaughtered like they were. These so called protecters haven't lifted a finger to assist a neutral citizen. Do they protect a youngster from a rollerrat? NO! They are the ones who are useless.

I would though like to know who then takes the blame for the once thriving Newland economy? EO? NLC? who? as whoever it is has turned a once buy market town into a ghost town where its lucky if someone stays longer than a 5secs dash to a whompa. Heck even the Omni's don't bother with it anymore. Whoever it was should feel totally satisfied they've managed to kill a once popular town.

((p.s. missed our arguments *grin*.))
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

Thank you .

I will investigate this about a neutral org further , and I will take a littel talk to the thugs see where it goes.

"No buts, if it were up to me, and I had the resources available, both Newland City and Borealis would be blown to thousands of pieces in order to eradicate this breeding ground for thoughtless indifferent drones they have created."
    You speak of logic Sumokan, so tell me why only Newland City is “guarded” by these murderers. Silverstone as much threatened Borealis as he did Newland, and yet the one town where all neutrals reside these days is still kept safe by ICC guards. Don’t say it is because of the difference in the gas level, as this never prevented any invaders in the past. There have been no attacks by The Sentinels. And even if there would be one, I am convinced we would be able to repulse them, with the help of our OT friends and the many Clans who oppose Silverstone and his lot themselves.

For those who left the planet, it is of course hard to keep track of the things that go on. Allow me to update you: Newland was a ghost town long before the portals to the Shadowlands opened. Furthermore, a fact you seem to ignore, it is the truth that these Newland thugs do not lift one finger to help any neutral who is in danger.

These thugs do not belong in a neutral town, a town that was granted to the neutrals by the Council of Truth, the same people who are now being expelled from what once was a true neutral city.
    Marcos "Yarko" Orender
    co-Minister of Foreign Affairs, Newland City Council
    Advisor of The Independent Rubikans

Rubi-Ka's neutral news source: The Independent Rubikan http://www.ir-news.org/

Originally posted by Yarko
    I am convinced we would be able to repulse them, with the help of our OT friends and the many Clans who oppose Silverstone and his lot themselves.
    I think you mistaken there. Hatred to OT is the one overriding Clan driving force. The very same Clans that fight the Sentinels would none-the-less side with the Sentinels if OT ever got involved.

Savoy
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Originally posted by Savoy
    I think you mistaken there. Hatred to OT is the one overriding Clan driving force. The very same Clans that fight the Sentinels would none-the-less side with the Sentinels if OT ever got involved.
    Maybe, but it's happened before....just look at when Borealis had the nutty prof with his monsters in town? He was a Omni yet Omni citizens came to help. And in a similar way as has been seen in the past in the face of a force that in injust, and evil who you work for doesn't come into it. Yes some of the Clans wouldn't help if a situation like this occured, but others would. It doesnt matter what company you work for or not, many people all beleive in helping each other for the good of there fellow Rubi-kan.
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

I am not talking about removing the mercinaries that reside in New Land City by Violence. They have a contract and right now what I´m seeking is a contackt with New land City Council so that i can discuss , and get a better undertstanding of their contract.

I have said it so many times before and I will state it yet again. There has been eghnuff blood on the streets of New Land City.

The conflict between Omni Tech and Clan has nothing to do in any neutral city,
    I am as so many other neutral because of the fact that I can not see how this war between Clan / OT can becom something good.

On a side not I might say that i have been qattacked by both sides about teh same amount osf times and have heard both sides say "Join us we are your friends, join us or else".
    Kinda makes me laugh every time i hear it , first you shoot at me then you say you are my frined ?

Now as long as the Mercinaries reside in New Land City it is not in my eyes a Neutral City, It is run by OT and should be considerd a Neutral City under occupation.
    Yes I know that New Land City Council stand behing these Mercs. That is what makes me qurious, how a neutral city Council can hier War based Mercinaries to "guard" a Free, peace loving and Neutral City.

The fun thing is that the city is under occupation by the city council in it self. that in it self is an interresting point, is the New Land City council really neutral ?

Anyhow.. what Im asking for is help in getting in touch with the mentioned Council, so that i can talk to them . see who they are , how they came to power, and why they do what they do.
    And what are their plans ?

I do not wish to shoot a singel bullet in New Land City.
    And i beg of you all please no violence.

Now I have come a bit underway in locating the COuncil but Im stil not there, so any and all help is appreciated.

My only word for the Newland Council is impeachment. Or that is what I want to happen to them. They are going against the majority of the Neutral population to quote Mr Sumokan. So they are either there by force as Newlands is the dictatorship in disguise it seems with the thugs there to bully people for them. Or they get get the hell outta town as the population doesn't like them, or what they are doing.
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

Originally posted by Sumokan
    My poor deluded friend Yarko, you as as much inept in military matters as Nydach on economics. One cannot place a price on deterance. As far as New Land sees it the Mercs have done a splendid job. New Land is safe and still standing. I am glad you are willing to take a risk for a city due to some crazy flower power child opptunism. We however live in the real world. New Land knows whats its in its best interest and will not rely on a hope and a prayer on aid by clan/omnis and some neutrals. Now for Borealis being protected by ICC that is a matter of thier Goverment also if you knew the Borealis history at all it is not a trade town but a safe haven for smugglers, mercs, and drug dealers. They can deal with a Sentinal problem as they see fit.
    From a military standpoint a force at New Land would also stop a attack on Borealis due to the fear of the defenders might take a offensive posture. If you have taken a class in logic I daresay get a refund quickly.
    I have to agree with you, the Thugs have done a good job...killing the economy, making Clanners who also dislike the Sentinals think why bother helping them since they fire at us. And as far as your logic goes, its as effective as your thugs. They haven't ever lifted a finger to help a neutral in Newland, and the chance of them ever bothering to get off there behinds and come to Borealis would be laughable. The logic you display is nothing but cheap and tacky marketing hype that Warr has been feeding you, and if anyone needs a refund its yourself. Your protectors havent helped neutrality, they've made it more hated.

LMAO, when will your rantings ever cease Nyadach. You do not have the power to impeach anyone. You do not have the power to dictate your rules on any city whatsoever. If you want to rebel, join the clans since they are experts at Rebellion. Rebel vs the Goverment, rebel vs the Law, and rebel vs common sense. Beside a quote from you....Neutral... Not taking a side. Don't take a side vs the legit goverment of New Land. You are making a fool out of yourself.
    Probably when you stop yours....actually they did for a while when you we're in a ice block :P
    But thats entirely the problem here, they are not the legit goverment as if they were then they would listen to the populace. They, and yourself have made a ghost town out of Newlands.

We understand you're personal hatred for the Clans. But many people do not wish it to be forced onto us also, and as such it is why we openly, and I might also add peacefully use other ways to protest it. Screaming at the Clans for compensation, and generally going out of your way to make it pretty clear how much you personally hate them doesnt help. This is a realm of negotiating and building up help from inside the Clans to make an effect from within them, not to stand there annoying those who want to help so they end up having no interest in helping.

You can criticise the way many others behave with them prefering discussion, and wanting to use force only when needed to. But deterance only works when it is a deterance and not something you use indiscriminatly every day. Even the Sentinals themselves don't mind us. Ok, we aren't allowed to poke around every bit of Tir, but we can go there and meet people, go for a drink, or whatever without there interferance as long as we don't interfer with them. Your thugs don't. They don't care who or what you're doing in Newland, they will shoot you for taking a breath in Newland.

And this is why I say the Newland so called government should be impeached. They haven't listened to the populace, as you said yourself the majority don't want the thugs. Governments who don't listen if this is really a freedom loving democratic city should stand down or have a legal way to remove them. And that is why I am backing a legal move to remove the so called Newland Council. They don't listen, they aren't wanted, and they have done nothing to Newland but destroy it. It is time for them to be show the door and new leadership steps forward. I don't know who would be good at this, but it would need to be someone who atleast listens to the citizens.

Neutrals who think they can urserp the NLC authority by force will do so at their peril. I for one am a loyalist to New Land. It bothers me that some neutrals are willing to bend over backwards for clan to destroy a neutral goverment. If you ask are these people really neutral in New Land I would ask are those neutrals who are willing to take New Land by force if they don't get there way really neutral.
    As said above, no need for force for anything. There is though a good call for a legal legitimate impeachment of this council. This is all about freedom and democracy. Yes every neutral believes in that but are we really free when infact we have to live under a dictatorship imposed by a Council that doesnt bother showing its face.

And no, I am not Clan. I believe strongly on being Neutral. Not some off shoot of Omni-tek under a different name. I don't like the Clan and Omni, and I don't dislike them. When the Sentinals first took Tir I was even fortunate enough to talk to Silverstone himself. Yes, he's a complete nutter, but he's actually more likeable than your thugs. Because Fisk is some wierdo who dislikes Neutrals then so be it, the Neutrals have people who don't like the Clans...namely yourself and a couple others but really we tend to ignore there rants. Warr doesnt mind picking a fight even with Neutrals, so much for protection!
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

Leave your guns at the door.

Okay peopel , settel down , cool off and please.. leave your guns at the door..

A small reminder,

All Im asking here is..
    How do I get in touch with the Council ?

That is Id like to talk to them..

my issues to discussion are,

1. the aspect of their clam for rule over NLC
    2. their aspect of Neutrailty
    3. the econnomy on NLC , now and then.
    4. thugs be or not to be,

NOTE: Talk, leav all weapons at the door.

Eghnuff treaths , eghnuff blood, eghnuff violence..
    I will be sitting down most of my time In the area of Borelis if anyone wish to talk to me..
    Why Borealis you ask ?

Well simpel, I will talk in a neutral town, where all sides can come and talk with me..
    As it is now Clans have a slight problem to talk with me if i sit down in NLC.

See nothing in my hands *shows his hands* :P
    Guns are such nasty things.

Sorry about bringing you into all this Itel, but this has kinda been rolling for many months now and you got kinda cought up in it.

And Sumokan, yes I do agree that Charles' proposal is the best way forward for Newland to restore its neutrality. Even if this happened tomorrow though, it will take many more months of work trying to convince those who have been harmed in Newland to come back. But it is something we all will need to do to restore it back to being seen as Neutral. And we will also need to continue to assist the Clans in ridding themselves of the occupation of Tir by Silverstone (I said assisting there, not some inflamitary "lets blow up Tir" attacks).
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

To Itel: it is not in the nature of the organisation we are part of to seek a violent solution, unlike some others who know nothing else. It is exactly as you say: the conflict between OT and Clan has to be kept out of our neutral cities. It is by contracting mercenaries of an Omnitek signature that a neutral organisation violated those principles and I sincerely hope that it will be a neutral organisation that will set this right, and in a peaceful way.

You, as always Sumokan, are a master in avoiding the issues that really matter. I may be a saint, but I can wield my sword as good the next one and I am willing to use it if necessary. I don’t need hired thugs to hide behind. The one thing I completely lack of is the frustration that drives so many of us and makes them blind to anything else. Borealis a safe haven for smugglers, mercenaries and drug dealers? You have been away a very long time indeed.

These thugs will go and be replaced by neutral guards, whether you like it or not!
    Marcos "Yarko" Orender
    co-Minister of Foreign Affairs, Newland City Council
    Advisor of The Independent Rubikans

Rubi-Ka's neutral news source: The Independent Rubikan http://www.ir-news.org/

Sumokan: just telling it how the Neut on the street sees it. You may have had other reasons, but to the general Neutral populace EO's actions have the look of tit-for-tat about them.

A couple of points to consider though.

First off, I have no argument with Ms Warr, her guards or her organisation. They do what they've been paid to do, they don't cause trouble (other than that which they're paid to cause) and they're generally as courteous or otherwise as any other guard outfit I've come across.

However, I do wonder why her orders are to keep all Clanners out of Newland if the only threat is from one specific clan. Why not just exclude the Sentinels? If they recruit allies, something they've had very little success with I might add, then the mercs' rules of engagement could be expanded.

That's why this has the look of petty revenge about it. I submit that the problem is not so much Ms Warr and Co, but the terms of the contract under which she was hired.

Secondly, when the merc contract was written Newland was not only the first stop on the Neutral whompa net, it also had the only Neutral gridpoint. If you wanted to get to the rest of Neutral territory in a timely manner, you had to go through Newland to do it.

Since then of course, Borealis has installed its own gridpoint. The Sentinel Hordes have not come boiling through the grid to devastate the town, despite the fact that Borealis has a grand total of about four ICC personel on duty at any given time. I'm therefore forced to conclude that the Sentinels' statement re. attacking Newland and Borealis was so much hot air. Oh, they may want to do it, but even if they do they don't have the numbers or the support within the Clans to hold their new acquisitions for very long. It's even possible that fears of Omni-Tek reprisals against overstretched forces are holding them back (hey, the balance of terror works after all ).

Itel and Nyadach: I can't confirm this one way or the other, but I suspect that the Newland Council's claim to power stems from the fact that they own the place. Possession is nine-tenths of the law, so they say, and it would certainly lend an air of legitimacy to their dealings with outside agencies such as OT and whatever passes for the CoT these days.

To impeach the council would imply that Newland is a democracy. It isn't, nor is it a dictatorship. It's an anarchy, with individuals and groups free to make whatever arrangements and alliances they feel they can get away with. That's exactly what EO did all those months ago.

While I wish Itel every success in contacting and persuading the council to his point of view, I still feel that the best way forward is to render the issue irrelevant. Turn Newland and Tir into backwaters and move the trade into Borealis and Athen instead. Then we'll see how long the NLC and the Sentinels keep up their current positions.

It's happening already on the individual scale. I'm simply proposing that we re-work the transport infrastructure to suit current travel and trade patterns. You have to admit, it makes good economic sense for both parties

Cheers,

~R~

Thank you Nyadach.

I understand that this has been brewing for quite some time. Acually i moved out of NLC in protest whne the thugs first appeard. SO i have been a part of it for far to long.

I have read thru Charles suggestion and I do agree that it siounds good, A neutral forec should be trained to keep peace and order in NLC.

And all parts of the conflict should be leaft at the city border.
    I do expect the verbal part of the conflict to keep on as it does in Other neutral places.

But it´s a wery good start.
    Something i would setranly agree to work towards. and well in part I already am working towards it by seeking contackt with NLC Council.

Well the suggestion that NLC would be protected by Neutral guards is basicly what i wanted all along , and that you clan / omni peopel out there leave your war at the gaste i thought was common sence. that should be followed in any and all neutral places.

But since i have had no chanse to talk to the council and they have shown no effort to meet their peopls questions Im honestly starting to wonder if they are there for the good of the peopel, who elected them by the way ? '
    Last edited by Itel; Sep 30th, 2003 at 07:41:10.

Well all i can say is, New Land City isn´t neutral any more in my eyes.
    Neutral places should allow any and al to pass thru and trade there. Just keep the peopel that live there and visit there as safe as possible.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast