Thread: channels

channels

i'm used to EQ, where i can do /ooc for ooc chat, /tell, /gu, /g etc but when i type in /ooc to say something in that channel it don't work, and i have to open the chat window, click which channel..then type. when i'm in a group..it makesit awkward.

is there something i don't know? is there a script or something that others use to get around this limitation?

Wink

play a while ya get used to it

yep there is something your missing
    /ch ot ooc
    will change you to the channel OT OOC
    /ch ot shopping 1-
    will change you to the channel ot shopping 1-50
    /ch the
    will change you to the channel
    the long guild name
    /ch v
    /ch vicinity
    /ch vi
    /ch vic
    /ch vici
    /ch yougetthepointbynow
    will change you to vicinity
    /ch team
    changes to tema chat

channels

no..i like commandlines to interface with, that way i can have multiple conversations at the same time.

Re: channels

Originally posted by Daeth
    no..i like commandlines to interface with, that way i can have multiple conversations at the same time.
    Off the top of my head:

/s = shout
    /say = vicinity (it's annoying when someone shouts that's standing 1 foot in front of you )
    /g team = team (useful for macros so you don't spam your guild channel announcing targets )
    /g charname = char group (chat group created by charname)

other than that, you pretty much have to change channels. I wish they'd at least add "/gu" for guild chat, and "/ooc" for OOC. Other than that, I don't really care about the rest. I'm only on them when I need something specific.
    Doctor Valen, Omni Medic
    Keeper Mezathras

huh... didnt realize those commands where there /shrug