Thread: Vanishing mobs after death, no xp, no loot, not ****.

Vanishing mobs after death, no xp, no loot, not ****.

Anyone else having mission mobs go through the cute little death animation after you kill them and then instantly 'green out' like you've looted them, AND give you no xp? I've been having this occurr more frequently of late, and the way over popularized 'door greeters' known as ARKs give the same reply each time... "Sorry, there is nothing we can do for you at this time. However that is a known issue and we are working on it."
    Thank you in advance for your attention to this matter. If you should have any further questions or comments please contact someone at my office and I'll try to get back to you.

Yep, seen that a few times. Was the critter DoT'ed, by any chance?

If it dies to the DoT (or at least, it used to), then since the killing blow wasn't from a PC, but some_unknown_damage , then you won't get xp or loot and the corpse will vanish.

Along the lines of the toxic waste getting the last attack in; and same thing happening.

First time that happened to me I thought my pet had decided to start looting corpses.

Pretty funny.

Nah, no DoTs or anything. And the few times they vanished like that it has been on 'non toxic' ground. That is pretty funny about the pets looting... <glares sternly at his Wrath Incarnation>
    Thank you in advance for your attention to this matter. If you should have any further questions or comments please contact someone at my office and I'll try to get back to you.

I had something kind of similar happen to me yesterday. I killed the thing but it didn't give me any experience (and I'm not talking about a grey, even though those give you 1 point). The body didn't disappear, and I got credits from looting it. I just didn't get any experience. Kind of strange.

Edit: By the way, I'm an adventurer and the last hit was a melee blow, so there was no DoT damage; I'm pretty sure my damage shield isn't what delivered the killing blow, unless I got a hit in while he was falling. At any rate, I would think that if that was the case, the my damage shield kept me from getting experience, it would have happened sometime previously in the past seven months.

"I know you miss the Wainwrights, Bobby, but they were weak and stupid people - and that's why we have wolves and other large predators." - A caption from Gary Larson's The Far Side

Me too

I have had the no exp. mob problem as well. Only for me, it seems to often happen when I use my AoE nanos. If I have 3 mobs I usually will only get exp. credit for 2 of them if the AoE is the killing blow. However I am still able to loot all three. The strange thing is if I use the AoE and then finish the mobs off with a DD or weapons damage I get exp from all three.

Hmmm

I don't have an AoE nanos so I don't come across that aspect of it, my damage comes primarily from pets. I wonder if it is some kind of bug counting our 'secondary' damage as NPC damage or something...

Well from my experience with this, I think if the killing damage comes from an unassociated source, DoT or DS, then since the PC didn't deliver the killing blow, no xp is awarded, but I can still loot. I notice that this happens most often with Doctor mobs if I kill them as they are casting. Since I don't know a lot about Dr. DoTs and nano's, is there one that might reduce the casters HP to do damage? or convert to nano? Anyway I think it is just a case of the final blow coming from a source that is not directly tied to PC damage dealing.

This happens to me quite a bit and im a soldier...kill only with weapons

Did any of you notice this happening anytime before March?

Because I've been using damage shields since I was on level 6 way back in September and I have never before encountered this problem until the past couple of weeks, where it has happened twice.

"I know you miss the Wainwrights, Bobby, but they were weak and stupid people - and that's why we have wolves and other large predators." - A caption from Gary Larson's The Far Side