Thread: New kind of Weapon buffs. All ideas welcome.

New kind of Weapon buffs. All ideas welcome.

Im getting sick of weapon skill buffs. Almost every proff has at least one, they are kinda boring and a little unoriginal.

Why not mix it up? How about a kind of straight addition to the weapons min max and bonus damage.(IE 100-200(300) without; 150-250(350) with) It would allow classes with such buffs to use lower QL weapons but still be able to seem like they are overequipping.

A couple balancing issues would arise from something like this, such as the current state of crit mods and init buffs would make this buff leaps and bounds better then straight skill buffs. Of course with time and work such things could be ironed out and a balance made.

Anywho, the main thing that got this idea rolling was the current state of adv's. I was thinking that this would be an excellant buff to give them to increase their damage performance and make them desirable in groups.

Any other original idea's? flames? Good spirits?
    I was one of the people who believe that FC had a "secret" 12.0 patch just before launch....he he.

You start to think that the Shrooms are wearing off and then you look at the ceiling and realize you got a few hours.

They already have spells like this and most classes have them. No one uses them however because their benefit's are rather small. I also believe that the Plus damage spells are calculated after your attack rating comes into play, making them a little more useless because they are not doubled or tripled.

It would be nice to see that Plus Damage features were doubled or tripled as well as being added to the weapons' damage before attack rating doubles your damage, so that you could actually see a noticeable difference from them. You can bet people would use Brave Challenger or the Controlled Destruction lines a lot more. And Adventurer forms as well.