Thread: ****ing Lagggggg

Angry ****ing Lagggggg

I'm playing on RK2 for 6 month, there is only a few player so there is only a few lag, i have dsl so even never went ld.

There is a sort of deal it seems between funcom and rk2 players.
    NO LAG but NO EVENT....

But since 2 week it is so difficult to play, my ping is always yellow to red even in mission. I went ld, it take me 5 min to exit the wompah or the grid sometimes. And not only on the hour where all RK2 player are online but also when there is only 10-15 player on tir or newland !

So i have a question :
    there is always so much lag in RK1, it is better or like it was ?

I hope that funcom don't have take some of our serveur to give them to rk1

BS is out of reach on RK1. Non-playable.
    Some synchro bugs are getting really wild since 1-2 weeks too.
    "Donner à des millions une connaissance de l'anglais, c'est les rendre esclaves". (Hind Swarâj, ch. 18)

Originally posted by Gummizluv
    BS is out of reach on RK1. Non-playable.
    Buy lots of memory. It really helps. I have 1 Gig of memory and I rarely go LD in BS on RK1 (usually only once in a long day). I do still lag a little, but nothing like most of the people I'm teamed with (I'm usually at the mission waiting while they are still trying to leave the insurance term). When I used to run cacheman, it reported as much as 700+ Meg's used when I was in BS.

Exodus is also changing the way their backbone is connected (they started dropping peers and routing through C&W, their new owners, as of last Friday for the techies out there), so it's possible that may have a little effect on AO (as far as I know, AO is still hosted at Exodus). I personally have not seen any effect, negative or positive, anytime recently, though, but it really depends on what networks you are traversing.
    Doctor Valen, Omni Medic
    Keeper Mezathras

yeah the game is a memory hog. requirements on the box are totally wrong, and im still mem leaking running on windows me. it takes a while when there arent many people around but when there are alot of people and i have zoned alot i eventually crash when running toward large crouds of people. i restart the game every time i get ready to blitz a mission cause if i dont i lag walking into a room and end up dead in 3 sec flat.

im also on RK2 running on cable a p3 1.4ghz with 384 megs of ram and its playble for a while but eventually my frame rate drops alot and if i dont restart myself the game forces me to restart.

Originally posted by Melbringi
    yeah the game is a memory hog. requirements on the box are totally wrong, and im still mem leaking running on windows me.
    I'm not sure it's really a true memory leak. I used to run ME (finally upgraded to XP because, well...ME just sucks ). Even after playing for 12 hours straight, my memory usage would always cap out at 600-700 megs. Never went higher.

Memory hog, though, definitely.
    Doctor Valen, Omni Medic
    Keeper Mezathras