Thread: Be careful in Newland City...

Post Be careful in Newland City...

Be careful in Newland City....
    Yesterday, I had a short walk around the city of Newland shopping. I talked to some of the nice Omni and Neutral citizens there, and suddenly one of them told me to be careful of a group of people who call them selfes "ShadowThieves." He said they mostly are down by the Bronto Burger. Being the brave girl I am..I go ahead and walk down to the Bronto Burger. Then I saw a mob of Shades in black cloats. I thought to myself these must be the "ShadowThieves". But who are they? What were they doing? Are they up to no good?..

(If anyone has any information on these people please post below.)
    Last edited by Dr.Kaviera; Sep 22nd, 2003 at 03:10:06.
    Rubi-Ka's Best Doctor Healer...
    So far nobody in my team died and you wouldn't be the first one screaming HEAL!

Unhappy

I'v seen them down there too. And was told that they run the "Underworld" and now plaining to take over all of Rubi-Ka, I dont know if thats true or not but they look very dangerous. My advice to you is to Stay Away from them... :/
    Last edited by Neophyte; Sep 22nd, 2003 at 03:37:29.

Hmm, standing around the bronto burger...yes, certainly sounds mighty dangerous, I have seen many bronto burgers, and I can tell ya, anyone standing around one in black is highly dangerous and up to NO GOOD. In fact, anyone spotted wearing black ever should be considered dangerous and too clever for words. Be afraid people, be very afraid.
    Atlantean Soldier.

Director of Obsoleet (@.@)/'

Originally posted by Don Carnage
    Hmm, standing around the bronto burger...yes, certainly sounds mighty dangerous, I have seen many bronto burgers, and I can tell ya, anyone standing around one in black is highly dangerous and up to NO GOOD. In fact, anyone spotted wearing black ever should be considered dangerous and too clever for words. Be afraid people, be very afraid.
    You shouldn't underestimate anyone...and you should watch what you say.
    j00 have been warned!

Threats mean very little to me, I've been threatened by the greatest and smallest of people, I just have a magnetic personality like that. You for instance do not rank in the greatest of adversaries list, so please do not waste my energy with minimaly dangerous threats.
    Atlantean Soldier.

Director of Obsoleet (@.@)/'

Question

Originally posted by Madam Synseikre
    Madam Synseikre shuffles her tarot cards dramatically.

Ah, criminals like thee often come to messy ends, yes! I see it already! The Hanged Man, Death, and Justice!

You ought to listen to Madame Synseikre. She sees all, you know! Zee cards, zey never lie.
    ummm...ok

Originally posted by ShadowThieves
    The shadow is coming...
    Yeah, yeah right. And how much of a kick-back you giving to Warr and his cronies so they accidently on purpose don't notice you?

Amateurs.

Katelin "Kaetty" Russi
    The Independent Fixer

I had my first encounter with these folk yesterday.

Besides the absolutely rude way they dealt with me and my guildies, they had a few choice statements to make, in /tells of course, so it could not be logged.

They are an SF (presumably Synergy Factor) alt guild.

They also claimed to be one of the original founders of NLF which was a suprise to both Ramiyana and Psikie.

I shall withhold my comments regarding this guild but let you all know, if I did not comply with them, I would suffer consequences. They refused to call it a threat and rather referred to it as "telling you your options".

They also insisted that my guild, Divine Retribution and I stood alone, that we had no support from anyone if we did not cater to their whims.

After our friendly little conversation, I spoke to a guildmate who said they when he indicated that he would not disobey the guild rules to help them destroy a tower, that they would tell on him to me.

FYI: Every guild member agrees to the terms and conditions of this guild and is asked if they have a problem following those rules. They know what they are getting into, and most certainly, they know what they are in. Divine Retribution will not ever support tower attacks without the leaders OK. I refuse to run an org where 167 people can run around unsupervised in actions that affect the entire org.

((OOC)) They also chose to confront a guildmate of mine who is quite famous for being a good doctor who has absolutely no interest in RP, and was very insulting and demeaning to him and persisted in "forcing" him to RP, when RP so isn't his gig it isn't funny. Actually, pvp and rp are the two things that hold absolutely NO interest for him, he's still trying to figure out the chat system. RPers, respect those who don't RP, or you won't get any respect. Take a gander at NLF (Nanomage Liberation Front, they RP with class, style and panache. type /tell ramiyana Please teach me how to role-play in a respectful and kind manner.((/ooc))
    Auntbeast,
    President, Divine Retribution

Proudly on the fence regarding omni/clan
    Decidedly a neutral

*Looks around for a second*

Ahh I see there are some problems in NLC!

*Wishes to know these Shadow Thieves Better*

No matter the problems.... They are Hired on from the clanners to deprive you of your wealth!!!! *Laughs* I Sir Creehan can assure you they are no problem unless you PROVOKE them!

So you talk to them and see what they are around for....(Provoking them) :-/

Just leave them Be to Thee Business.....

*Fades into the morning mist*
    Daily Missions Bug Thread(Closed)

Aliantin - 206 Bureaucrat Retired Squad Commander of DeltaSquad
    Jetfix - 107 Fixer Retired DeltaSquad
    Aliannt - 145 Nano-Technician Retired

Lastsecond2 taps a few buttons on his wristpad after having read the reports. "I see some new developments have been going on in Newland City in the Atlantean Sector." He pauses. "But these tactics...no...I don't buy it. You may walk the walk and talk the talk, but you don't got what it takes to be true criminals. You have no style. Creep back under the rocks before the real criminals stomp you." He chuckles slightly. "j00 have been warned."

-------------------- End Transmission ----------------------------

He cracks his knuckles and prepares for a little "creative restructuring" of data. "Hmm..." he thought outloud. "Yep...that could work..." He calls his nanobots to him with the proper gestures, then sets them into a little sphere. Then, Lastsecond2 instructs the nanobots to turn into green goo upon detonation of the sphere and adhere to anything or anyone nearby. Setting a proximity detection device set to be active in 10 minutes, more than enough time to warp it. "Now for the kicker." Hacking into an omni-tek database, he adds a new order form. "1 sphere canister for transport directly to the Newland City Bronto Burger." He continues to program for a long time after the sphere warps, encoding piles upon piles of false data to cover his exit in a noise bombardment pattern. "All done. I hope these cretins enjoy their present."

In fact, anyone spotted wearing black ever should be considered dangerous and too clever for words.
    Lemmy looked to her outfit, her black gloves and boots. The black robe she wore blended her into the shadows nicely. She had always liked her outfit, knowing that sometimes it's best not to be seen when walking home at night.

She then wondered if her daddy thought her as dangerous... peeking out from her bedroom she looked over to where her daddy slept.

Making a mental note before going to sleep to get some new clothes she slept restlessly, still wondering if her daddy really meant those words he wrote...
    Ylemae (6-10? years old):
    "Lemmy" (True name: Jiselle Waldram)
    Jennifer Matusz - Daughter to Don "Doncarnage" Matusz

Chelle "Crysallys" Dinnen (14 years old)
    Hayley Dinnen's Daughter
    Growth Accelerated as a Baby
    Born Dec 25, 29476 RST
    Trainee in Vector Blue

Originally posted by AuntBeast
    I had my first encounter with these folk yesterday.

Besides the absolutely rude way they dealt with me and my guildies, they had a few choice statements to make, in /tells of course, so it could not be logged.

They are an SF (presumably Synergy Factor) alt guild.

They also claimed to be one of the original founders of NLF which was a suprise to both Ramiyana and Psikie.

I shall withhold my comments regarding this guild but let you all know, if I did not comply with them, I would suffer consequences. They refused to call it a threat and rather referred to it as "telling you your options".

They also insisted that my guild, Divine Retribution and I stood alone, that we had no support from anyone if we did not cater to their whims.

After our friendly little conversation, I spoke to a guildmate who said they when he indicated that he would not disobey the guild rules to help them destroy a tower, that they would tell on him to me.
    ((OOC)) They also chose to confront a guildmate of mine who is quite famous for being a good doctor who has absolutely no interest in RP, and was very insulting and demeaning to him and persisted in "forcing" him to RP, when RP so isn't his gig it isn't funny. Actually, pvp and rp are the two things that hold absolutely NO interest for him, he's still trying to figure out the chat system. RPers, respect those who don't RP, or you won't get any respect. Take a gander at NLF (Nanomage Liberation Front, they RP with class, style and panache. type /tell ramiyana Please teach me how to role-play in a respectful and kind manner.((/ooc))
    I hope you're either going to explain this post slandering Synergy Factor to me or at least give me details on what happened. SF members should not be threatening other people and I should be informed of any rude behavior displayed by them. If there is indeed an issue with SF members, you can always get ahold of me in-game or via private message on the bulletin board.

If this was your way of roleplaying on the initial poster's usage of the words "black cloaks" to relate this mob of 'ShadowTheives' to our alt guild "Blackcloak" then please try to be more cautious in the future, as your post is unfounded and comes off as slanderous. This has come completely out of nowhere and your post is so vague that I can't tell if there is actually a legitimate problem.

If there is a legitimate concern with any of my members, the bulletin board is not the proper forum for discussion of the issue.

Regards,

yeah. you kinda have the wrong guild, beast.
    Nalika -202 crat
    Steelthighs - 175+ Soldier
    Love Slave of Synergy Factor

<(

<watches this post go in completely the wrong direction>

Yea, that's low class. First off, no one should ever 'force' someone to role-play. If that person isn't interested, then that is the end of discussion. One day we'll have a game which has a server for only those who want to role-play... until such time... remember some gamers see these MMORPGs as just MMOGs. Secondly, a guild is a guild. I don't give any warrant to these 'alt' guilds I hear about, unless they come straight from the Director/Unit Member/President's mouth. Thirdly, keep all junk like these accusations to private messages. There is a reason we have them =( Let's move on... if they are role-players (I don't know! Haven't seen them yet) then good, the more the better.

)>
    Ylemae (6-10? years old):
    "Lemmy" (True name: Jiselle Waldram)
    Jennifer Matusz - Daughter to Don "Doncarnage" Matusz

Chelle "Crysallys" Dinnen (14 years old)
    Hayley Dinnen's Daughter
    Growth Accelerated as a Baby
    Born Dec 25, 29476 RST
    Trainee in Vector Blue

<clarification>
    The statement regarding Synergy Factor was misunderstood I believe.

The person representing themselves as the acting member of Shadow Thieves said that the Shadow Thieves were a guild of Synergy Factor alts. I believe that statement, along with many others that were made, were a form of a threat to us, since Synergy Factor is a rather large, well-known guild.

The relationship to NLF was also made by this person. As well as a relationship to RMF.
    </clarification>

<update>
    Since I made my post I have been approached by two other people in this guild, one theoretically outranked the first person I spoke with, the second, is the actual listed president of the guild.

The listed leader of the neutral guild of Shadow Thieves (not to be confused with the clan guild by the same name, and evidently, related) is frostblack.

He has the distinction of being the only person to speak with me in a polite and respectful manner, he apologized for the threats, accusations and insults I tolerated by his guildmates and said he is taking steps to rectify the situation within his guild.
    Auntbeast,
    President, Divine Retribution

Proudly on the fence regarding omni/clan
    Decidedly a neutral

Shadow Thieves is in no way affiliated with Synergy Factor. Thank you for the clarification, AuntBeast, and sorry for the confusion and derailing of the thread.

Sheffy...Sexy Heal Monkey!
    Nice glassses!

occ~ Please keep this thread in character
    Last edited by Stindy; Sep 26th, 2003 at 00:31:33.

(( Just put mental parenthesis around anything not in character then Though, confusing people for members of my alt guild and straightening out the confusion is still in-character. ))

LOL! Sheffy..your such a Sexy Heal Monkey!!