Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Interplanetary Peace Conference (IPC:1)

If its in the afternoon Luetenant I will not be able to attend... since I go to Vo-tech
    Daily Missions Bug Thread(Closed)

Aliantin - 206 Bureaucrat Retired Squad Commander of DeltaSquad
    Jetfix - 107 Fixer Retired DeltaSquad
    Aliannt - 145 Nano-Technician Retired

Reguards to returning Omni-2

You have no right to something that you destroyed as you left it,
    And on that matter, You will have to pry Athen or Omni-2 as you like to call it from our cold dead Clan hands.. We wont give up Athen's very easy, its got alot of meaning to us Clan members as it does to you omni-tek employees.. Maybe more for us

Re: Reguards to returning Omni-2

Originally posted by Ladrea
    You have no right to something that you destroyed as you left it,
    And on that matter, You will have to pry Athen or Omni-2 as you like to call it from our cold dead Clan hands.. We wont give up Athen's very easy, its got alot of meaning to us Clan members as it does to you omni-tek employees.. Maybe more for us
    Which is a long-winded way of saying "Possesion is 9/10ths of the Law". Fair enough, the fall of Omni-2 is ancient history. Let bygones be bybones and all that. If the Clans can put mining incidents behinds them, we should be able to let go of a city lost over two centuries ago.

Savoy
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

I agree....

Re: Re: Reguards to returning Omni-2

Originally posted by Savoy

Which is a long-winded way of saying "Possesion is 9/10ths of the Law". Fair enough, the fall of Omni-2 is ancient history. Let bygones be bybones and all that. If the Clans can put mining incidents behinds them, we should be able to let go of a city lost over two centuries ago.

Savoy

-If the Clans can put mining incidents behinds them...-

I have got to say these Omni Employess certainly got humour... This has got to be a joke... True Clanners will never let bygones be bygones this is not a matter of discussion, and yes ATHEN was taken (the city formerly known as Omni-2) and will never come under Omni control again... U would have to scrape the blood of Clanners RK wide from the Athen streets before that would even come close to bein an issue...

Hail to the Clans...

I think i will attend this socalled meeting of peace... That could be a good income of knowledge on Omni's evil plans and a way of letting the multimillion credit coorporation know that some Clans will never let the past be forgotten...

Escritores
    Soldier 114 Clan
    BM of The Nordic Mafia - DJM-
    Last edited by _-EscritoreS-_; Oct 3rd, 2003 at 00:18:44.
    Neophyte/Sergeant/Tactician Escritores - Proud General of ..:Nordic Alliance:.. - 220/27/56 - Soldier - Equip - outdated...
    Poacher Overpoweredz - Proud UC of ..:Nordic Alliance:.. - 169/9/X - ADV - Equip outdated
    Chiropractor/Tactician Kartoon - Proud SC of ..:Nordic Alliance:.. - 150/12/12 - Doctor - TL5 PvP incoming. Under construction.
    Also a Freshman Crat, Freshman/Student/Squire/Captain Keep, Freshman/Phreaker/Scout Fix and a bunch of other tower punks and alts...
    Soldier Weaponrack: Anger of Xan, Dreadloch Modified Shark, Amplified KOC-Type 13, Lord Of Anger, AHF, SRPB, KOC-Type 12, KOEC-Type 3, 179-214-237 Coop, Supernova, Omni-Flamer.
    Gromulator: Go troll in your cavern , mr happy Bunny.
    Romaas about lvl 49 soldier BS twinks using CDR's
    Quote Originally Posted by Romaas View Post
    at 49 its totally awesome damage.

Re: Re: Re: Reguards to returning Omni-2

Originally posted by _-EscritoreS-_

I have got to say these Omni Employess certainly got humour... This has got to be a joke... True Clanners will never let bygones be bygones this is not a matter of discussion, and yes ATHEN was taken (the city formerly known as Omni-2) and will never come under Omni control again... U would have to scrape the blood of Clanners RK wide from the Athen streets before that would even come close to bein an issue...

Hail to the Clans...

I think i will attend this socalled meeting of peace... That could be a good income of knowledge on Omni's evil plans and a way of letting the multimillion credit coorporation know that some Clans will never let the past be forgotten...

Escritores
    Soldier 114 Clan
    I am a Clanner myself I wouldnt let Athen's go back to omni-tek if I was the last clanner alive, Id go down fighting my Manex blazing Omni tek can take their demands and put it somewhere I wont say.. If you want peace you better come up with a better plan of action guys.. because I dont think its going to happen by forcing demands down the throat of abunch of Angry Citizen of this planet.. We are fighting you because your Tyrents! If you left us alone we wouldnt be fighting you.. get a clue.

Re: Re: Reguards to returning Omni-2

...the fall of Omni-2 is ancient history. Let bygones be bybones and all that. If the Clans can put mining incidents behinds them, we should be able to let go of a city lost over two centuries ago.
    The matter is open for discussion, and Omni-InternOps may be prepared to endorse the concession of Omni-2 to the clans in exchange for a pledge by them to cease and desist in all notum mining, and acknowledging all other demands related thereto.

...yes ATHEN was taken (the city formerly known as Omni-2) and will never come under Omni control again... U would have to scrape the blood of Clanners RK wide from the Athen streets before that would even come close to bein an issue...
    Should the solution to the Omni-2 situation which you propose (namely, scraping the blood of clanners RK wide from Athen streets) prove favourable to the majority of clan members, I am quite certain Omni-Tek would be happy to oblige.

I dont think its going to happen by forcing demands down the throat of abunch of Angry Citizen of this planet
    "Citizen"? Such is a legal term referring to a legally-entitled right to claim residency on a colony or planet. Given that you and your kind refuse to accept a legally-entitled lease over Rubi-Ka, realize that Omni-Tek Corporation does not consider you "citizens".

If your Council shows us the legal rights to Omni-2 we "Might" drop it... but untill than we respectfuly own Omni-2 and that means we will take any means nessicary to Earn what Rightfully belongs to us... even if it means alot of Reclaiming.....

Re: Re: Re: Re: Reguards to returning Omni-2

If you left us alone we wouldnt be fighting you.. get a clue.
    It cuts both ways. If you left OT alone, we would not be fighting you either. Fighting costs money, it cuts into OT's profits which is the only reason OT is here the first place. Why do you think Ross offered the Amnesty two years ago? Get a clue yourself.

Savoy

Re: Re: Re: Reguards to returning Omni-2

Hail to the Clans...

Escritores
    Soldier 114 Clan
    Roar! Clan Strong! Clan Smash!

I am glad we had this opportunity to talk and search for some common ground and positive way forward for the future. And I am sure your children will thank you in twenty years time when they are still fighting the same, pointless, century old war.

Savoy

Originally posted by Durousseau
    If your Council shows us the legal rights to Omni-2 we "Might" drop it... but untill than we respectfuly own Omni-2 and that means we will take any means nessicary to Earn what Rightfully belongs to us... even if it means alot of Reclaiming.....

-but untill than we respectfuly own Omni-2...-
    Aaaaahahahaha... Again i am pursuaded that Omni "slaves" actually have humour... 1st of all the word "Respectfully" bein used by a Omni employee gotta be the biggest joke ever... And then that u own Athen... let me just say "Well it shows" (omg u gotta love sarcasm)...
    Neophyte/Sergeant/Tactician Escritores - Proud General of ..:Nordic Alliance:.. - 220/27/56 - Soldier - Equip - outdated...
    Poacher Overpoweredz - Proud UC of ..:Nordic Alliance:.. - 169/9/X - ADV - Equip outdated
    Chiropractor/Tactician Kartoon - Proud SC of ..:Nordic Alliance:.. - 150/12/12 - Doctor - TL5 PvP incoming. Under construction.
    Also a Freshman Crat, Freshman/Student/Squire/Captain Keep, Freshman/Phreaker/Scout Fix and a bunch of other tower punks and alts...
    Soldier Weaponrack: Anger of Xan, Dreadloch Modified Shark, Amplified KOC-Type 13, Lord Of Anger, AHF, SRPB, KOC-Type 12, KOEC-Type 3, 179-214-237 Coop, Supernova, Omni-Flamer.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Reguards to returning Omni-2

Roar! Clan Strong! Clan Smash!

I am glad we had this opportunity to talk and search for some common ground and positive way forward for the future. And I am sure your children will thank you in twenty years time when they are still fighting the same, pointless, century old war.

Savoy

Pointless war? I rekon u are one of them Omni "experts" that sits behind a desk 24-7 tryin to earn your way... If this war is pointless i would recommend bein a Neutral they have no opinions... This war is far from pointless tryin to shove the rediculous omni pr on innocent clanners is worthless... the not so innocent clanners like myself would make sure that they would never turn to Omni...

*sighs* And once again, here I feel like the average Clanner just terribly lacks common sense.

Grow up, people. Get outta yer old illusions of 'slavery', 'sufferings' and 'revolt'. Most Clanners nowadays got their hand in mining business as well, and what fer? Profit. If ya dare tell me here that it's fer 'freedom', I think I'm gonna scream - in laughter. Stop living 200 years in tha past. The deal has changed long ago, and it's time t'open yer eyes on this.

Before ya talk about respect or lackthereof... Try t'look at yer own actions and at yer own words. I think Omni-Tek has already had *way* enuff respect fer the Clans by attempting - several times - at peace offers and compromises.

But ya Clanners dun't care, do ya. Ya dun't want peace not compromise - ya want this planet all fer yerself, fer yer own greedy needs. If this is the definition of 'freedom rights', then I prefer my 'slavery'. Sometimes, I just feel like yer reciting old lessons learnt by heart. It bears no sense nor meaning anymore.

*flashes a brief smirk, shaking her head in disgust*

It's cuz of people like ya that I honestly doubt 'bout a positive outcome of such a conference. Who knows if there's still hope, anyway.
    Jen Markarian - Put the weirdness back in Omni-Mining
    Updating my stories -- 19/03/08. Going slowly, but certainly
    Anarchy Reloaded - AO webcomics for the sake of being silly

I never want to lose what I have finally found
    There's a requiem
    A new congregation
    And it's telling me: go forward and walk
    Under a brighter sky
    -- Delerium, Euphoria --

Update

To: Public Grid-net

Subject: Update on the IPC:1

----------------------------------------------

Hello my fellow citizens of Rubika,

I want to thank you all for your support and interest in the conference. Preperations have been made and the conference will proceed without interuption as planned. ]

Due to some minor problems the conference did not recieve a GridStream Productions radio ad, but that is of minimal concern. The Society Of Salvation will be catering the event as planed and will feature a variety of foods and drinks.

Just a reminder here are the current rules for attending the conference:

1 - No weapons and No armor are to be brought into the event!

2 - Dress formal, again no one with a weapon or armor will be admited.

3 - Speak to each other respectfully, if you dont want to do this dont bother attending the event.

The meeting will have security precautions in place. Due to the sort notice I could not hire a Neutral, Clan, or Omni security service. But security will not be a problem because no weapons will be allowed and the suppression gasses will be at 100% for the duration of the event.

The schedual is posted on the first grid-post if you do not know it.

Finally, the event will have an organized meeting structure. Everyone will be sitting, once I am done with my opening speach, I will pass the floor unto someone else. I will then sit, the person who I pass the floor to will stand and make a statment. No one is to speak unless you are standing and have the floor.

Remember the event will take place TONIGHT AT 7:00 EST AT REETS RETREAT!

This concludes my update.

Thank you,
    Davis Ramagano

Ok LT. would you like for Omni-pol to do the Security sweep?

I really have nothing more to say.....having attended the meeting tonight, I see again that we simply cannot deal with a corporation that is so clearly torn apart internally. Mr. Age and his Omni-Pol continues to behave as what they are, a militant police force, itching at the trigger finger to kill the nearest Clanner....and, holding no power whatsoever, apart from acting as traffic cops, time and time again succeed in disrupting peaceful talks. For an agency that speaks so loudly of Clan terrorism, they should look internally at their own excertion of terrorist acts.

Again, as long as there is no resepct, as long as OT still regard Clanners and Neutral as their "property"...I do not think we have anything to discuss. Respect and equal footing must rule the day.

I say to you, my clan friends, let us concentrate on building our Council, and let Omni-Tek sail the seas they are already on. We have no use for their vague offers of peace......we are strong enough to effectuate our own peace.
    Let us build internally, and abide our time.......we shall come together, and when we do..there are no limits.
    The OT lease is running out..let us cohere....become as one, and we will win the day!
    Anthony "Cogs" McDuff
    Veteran, Cerberus
    220 Supreme Creator : Master of Wheels...the lingerie modeling robot!

I regret that my learned colleague from the clans had a negative overview of the meeting. This is unfortunate, but remember that it took five years for us to get from treaty to amnesty the last time around. Such is the long and difficult dance of diplomacy.

Unfortunately, due to a prior Omni-Tek related duty, I was unable to attend. If anyone has a log of the meeting, I would dearly love to review it. Please send a tell to Marisha and we’ll arrange a way for me to acquire the data for review.
    Marisha Durousseau, War Dominatrix of The Honored Maidens

Resources exist to be consumed. And consumed they will be, if not by this generation then by some future. By what right does this forgotten future seek to deny us our birthright?--CEO Nwabudike Morgan, "The Ethics of Greed"

Read Marisha's Journal, and see what she's doing

Official IPC:1 statment

To: Public Grid-net

Subject: Offical IPC:1 statment

------------------------------------------------------

All I have to say is "thank you" to every single person who showed to the event. Although it was not completed, nor was it a compelet sucess, we still had a great time. All who wished to state their comments had at least one turn to have the floor. I was glad to have gotten that far with the ammount of people that we had.

Unfortunatly Omni-Pol members decided to come to the event and it all when down hill from there. They where disruptive, disrespectful, and down right rude. Athough I did apprciate thier precence at the party I will have to request respectfully that future event Omni-Pol please not attend due to their display in tonight.

We unfortunatly did not get to taste the fine cooking of the Society of Savlations cooking department, I hope to soon at our next meeting!

Yes that is right! A new Interplanatry Peace Conference will be schedualed for late October 2003 and it will be bigger and better than last meeting! A new grid-post will be created to give all the information!

Your friend,
    Davis "Marcai" Ramagano

You are or at least were in Omni-Pol, how could you bring it upon yourself to ban your own comarades in arms?

The conference has made a mockery of 'peace'. Hearing some of the speakers really revealed how fundamentally ignorant and completely closed off their minds were. If these were the people that wanted peace, small wonder it hasn't been possible.
    Last edited by Kithrak; Oct 4th, 2003 at 10:23:23.
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston - Equipment
    Administrator, Omni-Admin
    Bringing the politics of Rubi-Ka to life!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

Quite right Cogs! You gave the peace process a couple of hours. It did not solve everything. If its not easy, its not worth doing. I understand that. Let get back to the killing. Its much easier.

A whole range of views and attitudes were on display last night. I am disappointed you chose to focus only on the negative and discount those Omni speakers who did try to find some common ground.

I can say the same about the Clanners there; grumbling whenever a Omni speaker said something they did not like and
    playing the victim card time and time again when it was their turn to speak, as if the Clans were not guilty of the exact same things they accuse Omni Tek of all the time.

But this is all part of the process. We need to understand each other grievances and limitations, learn about the deep divisions found within each individual side. Its not going to be easy, but what is the alternative?

Savoy

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast