Thread: PvP

PvP

Half of the time its cursing, omni won this, clans won that, we own you, people /tell you your a noob.

Crashes --> Die
    Lag --> Die

I had a 3 minute sync problem last night, where I had a very interesting chat with meirda, 160 Trader or something.

Everybody was running in circles and fighting non stop and uhg, when I unlagged it was like playing in fast forward O_o.

One side camps whopmah (clan)
    Other side has to zone in (omni) who lag/crash etc..

Not much no, gloat and be proud of, tho I do like the fight where they take place around the helipad and buildings.

Just, zone pvp is lame.

woot.
    I killed a lagged person.

Actually I have to agree on this one. I am getting pretty tired of the "damn you ganker" line when people mass pvp. Mass pvp=ganking. I have never seen anyone shout "hey I dual <insert name> don't interfere" in mass-pvp, and to be honest I would laugh. Mass pvp is all about eliminating the enemy. If you can't handle that or you get outnumbered, then you either lost or are more fitted for 1on1 pvp in arena in my opinion.

And claiming that Omni camps the whompa, well clans camp the barracks or grid or whereever they stand. Just as Omnis would camp the ferry if they entered there. Omnis gotta enter somewhere. And it is only logic that they enter more at the time. A zone has to have its entrances. Clans camp grid, omnis camp whompa - I don't care really.

But one thing I find silly is all the 75% buildings you can zone into in 2ho. Why not make it like the southern barrack. You can zone in, loose aggro and use a treatment kit and go out, but you can't sit there and have a nap. Imo the zone in-and-out is getting way too boring as it is now. Bunkers and shops should all be 25% if you ask me. But who is asking
    ~Lone

Zone games need to be eliminated. Even the 25% bunker in 2ho is a problem, one only has to zone back and forth until an opportunity to run presents itself and then they leave. I've seen it too many times to count.

Or, just zone back in forth until some of your trader friends show up, because you found out that you picked a fight that you might not win. Also have seen this one more times than I care to remember. I just leave now when it happens, because I know I have about 5 minutes before a trader comes over to hand me my butt.

Anyway, I'm ranting. Can you tell I hate zone games?

Admittedly, I run like the little girl I am if someone shows up that I have less than 0 percent of beating. But that's different than playing zone games in a bunker for a half hour.
    Katelin Arinia Rhees
    Level 220 Enforcer
    Former Enforcer Professional
    Former President of the late Midnight Reveries
    Account Created: 2001-10-08; Account Expired: 2005-02-19

Just get a rooter to zone after the person. Eventually the person can root the person. Havn't seen many survive endless zoning at south bunker.
    ~Lone

............... if roots worked but they can step back in no prob even when rooted

Oh, thats why I get Bow Incompetence casted on me... ;P
    *cough* Ryo *cough*
    ~Lone

LOL

Though, yeah, zone games and gas pockets do suck. Don't think posting about will change it though.

Bow incompetence lol
    Perfection breeds weakness.

Obergeist-Burning bright, Above the head ghost

Mdgprogram-Fearful symmetry <---beat the every lovin' crap out of a level 60 soldier at 49

Stronger, better, faster, push it

The Troll Corps want you!tm
    General in the Troll Corps tm

Originally posted by Noer
    Actually I have to agree on this one. I am getting pretty tired of the "damn you ganker" line when people mass pvp. Mass pvp=ganking. I have never seen anyone shout "hey I dual <insert name> don't interfere" in mass-pvp, and to be honest I would laugh. Mass pvp is all about eliminating the enemy. If you can't handle that or you get outnumbered, then you either lost or are more fitted for 1on1 pvp in arena in my opinion.

And claiming that Omni camps the whompa, well clans camp the barracks or grid or whereever they stand. Just as Omnis would camp the ferry if they entered there. Omnis gotta enter somewhere. And it is only logic that they enter more at the time. A zone has to have its entrances. Clans camp grid, omnis camp whompa - I don't care really.

But one thing I find silly is all the 75% buildings you can zone into in 2ho. Why not make it like the southern barrack. You can zone in, loose aggro and use a treatment kit and go out, but you can't sit there and have a nap. Imo the zone in-and-out is getting way too boring as it is now. Bunkers and shops should all be 25% if you ask me. But who is asking
    In my vocabulary the word "ganker" dont exist, in a 0% or 25% zone ppl attack ppl of oposit faction if they can.

Everyone "camps" everything in a 25%....no matter what side...clan or omni...

Imo the 75% buildings are not "that" silly, the day wompa disapear from 2ho i can agree...
    But seeing buildings turn 25% the only ones i can see benefit from this is soldiers and Omnis... Omnis because they always outnumber us in 2ho after a while, and soldiers due to theyr MK shield...and alphastrike. They will just keep zoning in and out untill shield can be casted again and alpha return...

I often play cat and mouse with Omnis in 2ho, and all that have intell above 500...understand that u cant fight 10 ppl from the oposit faction at the same time so i just try waist some of ur time and now and then i get a kill

Btw Noer, thx for some great fights we have had lately 1 vs 1, man i's always exiting fighting u and i always think that "reclaim" is next for me, but i've been lucky so far

Regards,

Fryli

hehe, I need to dig into the init debuff-bug. Gonna do some experiments with Destria in the arena with that and how bugged resist really are. I am pretty sure it is bugged. You are using muscular spasms right?
    Last edited by LoneWolf; Apr 2nd, 2002 at 11:57:15.
    ~Lone

Blah, just realised the bug. Damn thats lame.

Because the divest runs a nano on my own NCU to give me the gain from the divest. And that one has your init debuff when we cast at same time and is very very slow. Gah, thats lame. Gonna bug-report that.
    ~Lone

I'm not quite sure i understand..?
    Yea, i use IMS mostly...
    Nanoresist....what is that, i can count all the times i've resisted a spell on 1 hand... Last time i fought Mrink he had my slow running and i had 1 divest, i managed to win but it was a bit scary for a while

I know my slowspell dont slow down others wpn-speed if they are already shooting at me, but it works if they try execute a nano.

Regards,

Fryli

Re: PvP

Originally posted by Cloudeh
    Half of the time its cursing, omni won this, clans won that, we own you, people /tell you your a noob.

Crashes --> Die
    Lag --> Die

I had a 3 minute sync problem last night, where I had a very interesting chat with meirda, 160 Trader or something.

Everybody was running in circles and fighting non stop and uhg, when I unlagged it was like playing in fast forward O_o.

One side camps whopmah (clan)
    Other side has to zone in (omni) who lag/crash etc..

Not much no, gloat and be proud of, tho I do like the fight where they take place around the helipad and buildings.

Just, zone pvp is lame.

woot.
    I killed a lagged person.
    U think only Omni crash and lag in 2ho, u must be joking...
    I lag and crash there way to often and end up dead and so do many of my fellow clanners.

Last time we had a big 1 going there Omnis got us into the buildings and they even tried to create lag on purpose so we would crash when we zoned out....yea, there was 2 different sources telling me that

Regards,

Fryli

Originally posted by Fryli
    I'm not quite sure i understand..?
    Yea, i use IMS mostly...
    Nanoresist....what is that, i can count all the times i've resisted a spell on 1 hand... Last time i fought Mrink he had my slow running and i had 1 divest, i managed to win but it was a bit scary for a while

I know my slowspell dont slow down others wpn-speed if they are already shooting at me, but it works if they try execute a nano.

Regards,

Fryli
    okay, a bit hard to explain hehe.

Our divests (and most of our nanolines) are programmed so we cast a divest on target, and after that the effect is casted on ourself as a friendly nano. So even if my divest is instant cast (as it is with my init), the friendly nano runned on my ncu to give me the effect of the divest is affected by the init debuff. So even if this is a 0s/0s nano it is SLOOOOW as hell. So I am stuck waiting on it. It shouldn't be like that.
    ~Lone

You saying you cant fire gun while waiting on the slow divest-transfer?
    Euphorie 200 Trader RK1
    DrAlban 130+ Doctor RK1

I can't fire while it runs the effect on my NCU.
    ~Lone

Re: Re: PvP

Originally posted by Fryli

U think only Omni crash and lag in 2ho, u must be joking...
    I lag and crash there way to often and end up dead and so do many of my fellow clanners.

Last time we had a big 1 going there Omnis got us into the buildings and they even tried to create lag on purpose so we would crash when we zoned out....yea, there was 2 different sources telling me that

Regards,

Fryli

See how I mean people think its One or the other?

Im talking for everyone.