Thread: New Rifles for Agents!

Angry New Rifles for Agents!

Ok

There's been a ton of talk about this on the agent forums, I just wanted to bring it out here that Agents need better rifles or at least Rifles with better crits.

All the agents I know are talking about moving to shotguns once the IP reset is available. It seems silly to me that the weapon that essentially defines the Agent is horribly inadequate.

Question how about...

How about rifles with larger ammo clips, and better base damage? The original design of the game was that agents didn't need that many rounds b/c their first shot, aimed shot, would do most, if not all, of the damage required. With the nerfing of aimed shot in terms of damage and the TOTALLY OUT-OF-HAND hitpoints that MOBs have, I think FC needs to rethink this.

An agent is currently better served at high levels by dumping points into flingshot and shotgun and using an ithaca, with crit scope and doing a false profession to an ma for additional crit buffs.

What kills you is getting the mob to 2/3 health and having to reload for 5 seconds and not being able to use any more specials.

Yup Yup Yup.

Id rather do one MASSIVE shot then be like every other proffs damage profile.

Agent:

Everyone else (except nerfed pistol users)
    I was one of the people who believe that FC had a "secret" 12.0 patch just before launch....he he.

You start to think that the Shrooms are wearing off and then you look at the ceiling and realize you got a few hours.

It's not just the agents that are talking about going shotgun when the IPR hits...
    Nietya

Level 77 Clan fixer.

Trellame ought to be sainted or made a deity or something. I mean, seriously.

Personally, I firmly believe that shotguns are going to be smacked hard with the nerfstick. Just like the FAs were. Only this time, a whole line of weapons is going to get it. It won't be so bad for people once the IP reset is available though.

Funcom made it apparent that they don't like everyone running around with the same weapon, they made that apparent when they removed the FAs. Shotguns are really really ripe for nerfing, and I have a strong feeling that's what they are going to get.

If I were you, folks, I'd gather all the QL 184 Krutt Waltzing Queen Specials, QL 180 Vektor Dragons, QL 200 Tranquil Home Defenders, and QL 199 Ithaca Snakemasters you can find and pray to god they don't get "mysteriously" deleted from your inventory during a crash sometime after FC has removed them from the database.....kind of like my friend's 2 QL 200 Freedom Arms 3927 G2's did.

*looks at sig*

Smack critbufffs and shotguns will be less popular..
    I also think aimed shot should not have a 40% max HP cap, and neither should nukes.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Unhappy

Originally posted by PipBoy
    Personally, I firmly believe that shotguns are going to be smacked hard with the nerfstick. Just like the FAs were. Only this time, a whole line of weapons is going to get it. It won't be so bad for people once the IP reset is available though.

Funcom made it apparent that they don't like everyone running around with the same weapon, they made that apparent when they removed the FAs. Shotguns are really really ripe for nerfing, and I have a strong feeling that's what they are going to get.

If I were you, folks, I'd gather all the QL 184 Krutt Waltzing Queen Specials, QL 180 Vektor Dragons, QL 200 Tranquil Home Defenders, and QL 199 Ithaca Snakemasters you can find and pray to god they don't get "mysteriously" deleted from your inventory during a crash sometime after FC has removed them from the database.....kind of like my friend's 2 QL 200 Freedom Arms 3927 G2's did.
    Of course, if FC really want to stop everyone running around with the same weapons, they could just fix the weapons so there was more valid choices...

Angry Nerfing

This is just my 2 cents, take it for what it's worth. The only reason that I see for nerfing anything, is that they never gave the item any real thought in beta testing and then realized they made a critical error. If FC wants to nerf an item, I think they should replace it with a viable substitute or leave it alone and not delete it. The other thing I see that is wrong with nerfing is them deleting the item out of a players inventory after the fact. I don't see why they just don't take it out of stores and mission rewards and leave the item in the inventory of the owner. Of course I don't know a lot about programming so maybe it's something they just can't do, but the replacement idea is one they can do. I know if FC ever nerfed anything from my inventory without replacing it, I would quit right then and there.

yep

It aint just the Agents

Fixers arent in all that great a shape either, havin more in common with agents all the time.